• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Monday, August 12, 2019

    Xiaomi app drawer finally (Xiaomi EU 9.8.9)

    Xiaomi app drawer finally (Xiaomi EU 9.8.9)


    app drawer finally (Xiaomi EU 9.8.9)

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 10:13 AM PDT

    Night shots taken with Mi 9

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 03:04 PM PDT

    Greetings all,

    I was in the mountains a couple of days ago and I wanted to share a couple of shots made with the Mi 9.

    I used 3200 ISO and 32s/16s shutter speed. Afterwards I edited them on the Adobe Lightroom app. For anyone asking, I deleted the original shots.

    Hope you enjoy the pics!

    https://imgur.com/a/cFYgdds

    submitted by /u/RealSkarlitKnight
    [link] [comments]

    Mi 9t - observations & questions

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 04:15 AM PDT

    I finally got my mi 9t yesterday, Glacier Blue 128gb. I was using a Xiaomi mi5, but lost it last July, so for the past year I've been using two phones as my daily drivers; an 16gb iPhone 6 and a 32gb Nexus 5. Both with cracked screens and really poor battery life.

    First impressions of the mi 9t; it feels super premium coming from the iphone 6 and nexus 5. The bezeless screen looks amazing. It does feel heavy, but not in an unbalanced way. The glass back looks great, but is super slippy and a fingerprint magnet.

    The software side of things is pretty good too, I was running Lineage on my Mi5, and only really used MIUI for a couple of days while waiting to unlock the bootloader. But so far I'm impressed with MIUI on the Mi 9t. I've debloated it via adb, sorted out the notifications and installed Nova Launcher and it feels really good.

    Pros:

    -software feels super smooth

    -dual apps is a great feature

    -battery life has been great so far

    -second space is a cool feature

    -fingerprint scanner is fast enough and hasn't failed to read my fingerprint once yet

    -the screen is really, really nice (Aida64 states it is Super Amoled)

    -the cameras seem really good with the stock app, will try a gcam port soon too. I really like the wide angle lens

    -i rarely use the front camera, except for Google Duo, but the quality seems ok and the mechanism seems super sturdy. The blue light and sound as it comes out is cool too. And I like how the camera is totally out of the way when not being used

    -the build quality of the phone feels solid, if a little on the heavy side

    -its nice to still have a headphone jack, and the quality is pretty good

    -the bluetooth connection is solid, with much better range than my previous phones

    -MIUI gestures are really good, i still might go back to nav buttons, but I'm enjoying the gestures for now

    -the storage space, the biggest phone I have previous to this was 32gb - so its nice to be able to have all my music, a big bunch of audiobooks and podcast on the phone and still have 40gb free

    -quickcharge, it may only be 3.0, but its nice to be able to use my 3.0 chargers again

    Cons:

    -I'm not too keen on the MIUI quick settings style, would prefer a more stock Android look and feel. Same with the iOS like status bar icons

    -WiFi connection seems to be terrible, I need to look into this some more, but the phone struggles to hold a solid connection and the speeds are so slow that I've just been using my data most of the time

    -animations in Nova are nowhere near as smooth as the stock launcher (most noticeable when using full screen gestures, it actually made me think the gestures weren't that good at first, until i realised it was because i was using a custom launcher). I might try Poco launcher and see how the animations feel there.

    -the battery stats screen in MIUI isn't the best

    -the notifcaton LED placement and lack of RGB is a bit disappointing, but still nice to still have one

    -not really MIUI or Xiaomi related, but the clock placement on the top left of the status bar is my least favourite feature of Android 9

    Apart from those minor issues, I'm really happy with the phone. I paid £274 from Aliexpress, which I thought was a great price, but saw its gone down to around £240 now - which is a really good deal, considering I nearly bought the Oneplus 7 pro for £600 a few months ago.

    I should be able to unlock the bootloader by the end of this week, and will try a few custom roms then and see if I want to stay with MIUI or not.

    So is anyone else having WiFi issues with their Mi 9t? And is there anyway to edit the full screen gestures? I'd like to be able to customize how far up the back button works, so i can have the hamburger menu gesture more accessable (if that makes sense)

    And any recommendations for apps to install? Even though i was using my Nexus 5 for the past year, the iphone was my main daily, so I'm a bit out of the loop on Android for the past year or so.

    submitted by /u/Nash9000
    [link] [comments]

    Notifications management in MIUI 11

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 11:53 AM PDT

    Notifications have improved over the updates in MIUI but still they're not as good as any other android device, any news about Xiaomi improving that section with the arrival of MIUI 11?

    submitted by /u/TheIsco19
    [link] [comments]

    Any word on security update for Redmi Note 5 Pro (Global)?

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 05:30 PM PDT

    I'm sitting on May security patch on 10.3.1. Been waiting on an update for a while now, even just a sec patch. Any of you heard any news? Got patches more recent than me?

    submitted by /u/willowgrower
    [link] [comments]

    Back up from Pixel 3 to Redmi Note 7

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 09:00 PM PDT

    When I used Google to back up EVERYTHING from my Galaxy S8 to my pixel it worked BEAUTIFULLY. It was like an exact copy. When I did the same thing to back up from my pixel to Redmi note 7 only my contacts got copied. What gives?

    submitted by /u/theantgod
    [link] [comments]

    Mi 9t screen won't turn on

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 02:04 PM PDT

    I took a bunch of pictures last night, and didn't have internet, then my mi 9t screen stopped working. First it had a big stripe along it, then it was flashing then it just stopped working completely. My photos werent able to back up to Google photos before it stopped working, does anyone have a suggestion to how I can get them?

    submitted by /u/nolunn7
    [link] [comments]

    Finally got my back cover replaced also got a new case for maximum protection. Check it out.

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 07:43 PM PDT

    Mi 9T Camera Motor

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 10:08 AM PDT

    Hi guys ,

    I dropped my 9T and now camera doesn't close by itself. When I want to take selfie camera comes up but don't close I made a little search about spare parts for mi 9T and I got a new camera motor from Witrings https://www.witrigs.com/oem-camera-elevator-for-xiaomi-redmi-k20-pro-xiaomi-mi-9t-pro#customer-reviews

    Is there anyone facing issue like me ?

    submitted by /u/selcukkubur
    [link] [comments]

    What GCam to install on Redmi 7 (onclite)?

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 06:31 PM PDT

    Just got myself a Redmi 7 as an upgrade from my Redmi 4a. Nice Phone all in all but I wanna install Gcam to really max out the camera potential. I've read somewhere that I can install GCam on Onclite w/o root but idk w/c version to install. I've tried the latest version and it crashes.

    Any help appreciated! I'm on Miui Global 10.3.1

    submitted by /u/PLSG08
    [link] [comments]

    Xiaomi sale

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 04:43 PM PDT

    Looking at the Xiaomi mi app store (UK) it seems there's a sale on. Struggling to decide what to buy.

    The pocophone is at £229 (6gb +64)

    Redmi note 7 at £199 (4gb +64)with free mi band 3.

    Mi mix 2 on offer.

    Never had a Xiaomi product, but looking at prices and spec I'm very tempted to grab one.

    Any recommendations and why?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/my_name_is_rik
    [link] [comments]

    I cannot pair my Roidmi 3S with the Mojietu app

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 04:42 PM PDT

    I've been using my Roidmi 3S for awhile, today I've switched to a new phone and downloaded the Mojietu app, however I cannot pair it with the device, since the name of the device is Roidmi Music Blue C, and the app tells me to look for Mojietu Music Blue C. Any suggestion?

    submitted by /u/boarvessel500to600bc
    [link] [comments]

    How to improve picture quality with Redmi Note 7?

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 08:49 AM PDT

    Hey all, got a Note 7 in good condition for a 100. I really don't have any problems with the phone, except the camera picture quality seems to be somewhat worse than my One Plus 3, which doesn't seem to be possible. And I'm not talking about low-light, just an overcast day in the city.

    The colours are all washed out/greyish and there are basically no sharp pictures. I'm sure there's a couple settings that need to be changed for this to improve? No reviews ever talked about that.

    submitted by /u/xMisterVx
    [link] [comments]

    Left AirBud delays on a few songs

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 03:15 PM PDT

    Hi everyone, I've just bought a pair of Redmi Airdots (the ones with the physical touch, opaque black model) from GearBest. They arrived in 20 days and I was extremely interested in testing them. I can state that they sound awesomely, but I have to report a problem which (I hope) will be fixable. Well, at the start point of a few songs in my library there is a sligh delay in the left bud (around 1/2 secs). I know that the right bud is the master one, is it correct? I have already reset them a few times but nothing to be done, the same problem persists. Not gonna lie: it is pretty annoying, and I thought that it could be a factory issue. Let me know if it is a known problem (and fixable) or it is just as it is. Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/fabiociani13
    [link] [comments]

    Not getting any notifications from Discord on Note 5

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 02:36 PM PDT

    Hello my Lads,

    so I got a Redmi Note 5 a few months back and this is something that's been bothering me for a while now.

    I'm an active Discord user however I don't get any notifications outside of Discord itself, even tho I gave it all the permissions, removed the battery restriction, put it to the auto start list and disabled the MIUI Optimization in the Developer options.

    Is there anything else I can try to get it to work?

    submitted by /u/Faithwing
    [link] [comments]

    Randomly get this when I look at the lockscreen - what is it? Why is "Music" playing when there isn't any audio?

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 02:27 PM PDT

    https://i.imgur.com/qV9JGLu.png

    Why is there apparently "Music" playing? And is there any option to change the lockscreen language for this theme into English?

    submitted by /u/Draakex
    [link] [comments]

    Your experience with Havoc OS on redmi note 7 (lavender)

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 01:57 PM PDT

    As the titles says How was your experience on Havoc OS on RN7. How's it's battery life? And how snappy it is on day-to-day usage. I don't play games on my phone, I just use to for media consumption and other general apps.

    Initially I was going to install Lineage OS but it's Official built is not available right now how RN7 (I am aware of the fact that it will be available very soon). I see that Resurrection Remix and Pixel Experience have provided their Official build but I really like that Havoc OS provide the OnePlus navigation gestures in it's settings option.

    Other suggestions are welcome as well. Thanks in advance :)

    submitted by /u/snarky_AF
    [link] [comments]

    Xiaomi Mi 9T/K20 Snapchat experience

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 01:50 PM PDT

    I'm considering upgrading my current Mi5s to the Mi 9T but the pop up camera is putting me off when it comes to using apps like Snapchat.

    Can someone who has this phone please share their experience of the pop-up camera when using these apps and in general? Does the constant raising become irritating? Does it work when you open the Snapchat app straight away?

    submitted by /u/jp_l28
    [link] [comments]

    Pro tip for privacy

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 04:06 AM PDT

    So, MIUI may not be the best for privacy as the stock apps seem to send data "home" even if not used. Have to recommend MIUI hidden settings, as it allows you to put systems apps to sleep if you use a different one, such as not allowing the Calendar app to use data in the background and disable it all together, with my personal replacement being Google Calendar. Has improved my battery life a bit from the already incredible work the 9T already gets. Also you can disable Chrome if you want. Had personally let me Set Firefox Focus as my browser for opening those "risky clicks" from here on Reddit and works really well. Highly recommend it if you replace any of the stock apps

    submitted by /u/helenius147
    [link] [comments]

    "Add Accounts" section not appearing in MI Fit

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 01:48 PM PDT

    I wanted to sync my MI Band 3 with Google Fit for some time now. Everyone says to go to add accounts but I don't have that. Can anyone help?

    submitted by /u/TheMagicalCoconut
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone know if the Xiaomi mi 9t comes with a US charging brick

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 01:45 PM PDT

    I'm thinking of buying it and I want to take advantage of the fast charging but I live in the US. Does it come with a US brick and if it only comes on certain versions what version would it come with?

    submitted by /u/Negative1Rainbowz
    [link] [comments]

    MIUI and blocking background apps

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 09:55 AM PDT

    Hi All, I have a question for you. I have galaxy watch connected to my MI 9t and am using Samsung health. The app is keeping my phone awake all the time, and consuming quite a lot of battery. I have removed all of the permissions and enabled the most strict battery management for the app, but it still runs in the background. Am I missing something? New to MIUI. Thanks

    submitted by /u/pitrisss
    [link] [comments]

    How is the Mi band 4 and where is the best place to buy it for people in the UK?

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 09:37 AM PDT

    Mi Smart Band 4 Sleep Tracking

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 01:21 PM PDT

    Hey guys, I just got my smart band delivered today, and I gotta say I'm pretty impressed. But I can't figure out this one thing; do I have to leave my Bluetooth on when I go to sleep in order for the band to track my sleep throughout the night?

    submitted by /u/ErebusGr-
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel