• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Thursday, June 16, 2022

    Android Help Daily Superthread (Jun 16 2022) - Your daily thread for questions, device recommendations and general discussions!

    Android Help Daily Superthread (Jun 16 2022) - Your daily thread for questions, device recommendations and general discussions!


    Daily Superthread (Jun 16 2022) - Your daily thread for questions, device recommendations and general discussions!

    Posted: 16 Jun 2022 05:00 AM PDT

    Note 1. Check MoronicMondayAndroid, which serves as a repository for our retired weekly threads. Just pick any thread and Ctrl-F your way to wisdom!

    Note 2. Join our IRC and Telegram chat-rooms! Please see our wiki for instructions.

    Please post your questions here. Feel free to use this thread for general questions/discussion as well.

    The /r/Android wiki now has a list of recommended phones and covers most areas, the links have been added below. Any suggestions or changes are welcome. Please contact us if you would like to help maintain this section.

    Entry level (most affordable devices costing under $250 (US) / $325 (Canada) / €200 (Europe) / ₹12,500 (India)

    Midrange section, covering the $250-500 (US) / $300-700 (Canada) / €200-500 (Europe) / ₹12,500-30,000 segment

    Flagship section for phones costing over $500 (US) / $700 (Canada) / €500(Europe)/ ₹30,000 (India)

    submitted by /u/curated_android
    [link] [comments]

    Fairphone Easy: a smartphone subscription for a fairer future - Fairphone

    Posted: 16 Jun 2022 02:10 AM PDT

    Introducing Samsung Wallet: An Easy-To-Use, Secure Platform That Holds Everything Your Digital Life Needs – Samsung Global Newsroom

    Posted: 16 Jun 2022 02:22 AM PDT

    How researchers are using old phones to screen for Alzheimer’s - The Verge

    Posted: 16 Jun 2022 07:37 AM PDT

    Microsoft Defender launches on Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android - The Verge

    Posted: 16 Jun 2022 07:06 AM PDT

    Exclusive: Samsung Galaxy S22 FE may end up being cancelled

    Posted: 15 Jun 2022 05:51 PM PDT

    A layman's review of the OnePlus Nord CE 2 Lite 5G.

    Posted: 15 Jun 2022 08:11 PM PDT

    (Disclaimer: I'm not a pro at Android, the most in depth stuff I've done with it would be flashing roms and installing magisk modules. Hence, this review is not gonna be that professional. Also, obligatory not a native English speaker, yada yada.)

    I've been using the OnePlus Nord CE 2 Lite 5G (yeah, the naming sucks ass) for about an entire month now, so here goes nothing. I got the 6GB RAM, 128 GB storage version, which costed 19,999 rupees (around 256$)

    Display:

    The phone has a 6.59 inch, 120 Hz display that outputs at 2142x1080 resolution. It's an LCD panel, which is not typical at this price point (sub 23,000 rupees, 300$) as most phones like the Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro/Pro Max offers an AMOLED display. To be fair, the colours and the viewing angles are extremely good for an LCD panel, but still, I would've preferred an AMOLED. The device doesn't play HDR videos on YouTube, Netflix and Amazon Prime, but I'm unsure if it outright can't play HDR10 videos or its just not available in these specific apps.

    The 120 Hz display is also kind of a weird one. For one, it doesn't stay at 120 Hz all the time. In most apps, the refresh rate is fixed at a constant 90Hz (and in some, 60Hz) with no way to change it. I really don't care much about refresh rates, and 90Hz is the perfect sweet spot for me in terms of smoothness and battery life, so admittedly I'm unphased by this change.

    Battery:

    The phone has a gargantuan 5000 mAH battery. For a student like me, this was the perfect amount of battery, as it ensured I could comfortably get an entire day's worth of usage, and still have about 30 percent left in the tank. (and only charge it like once per day.) I typically use my phone for opening PDF's, documents etc, gaming with Genshin Impact, PoGo and Apex Legends, checking up on assignments, watching YouTube and TikTok and using social media like Reddit, Snapchat etc. The phone also comes with Optimized Night Charging, which is quite a nice touch since it basically allowed me to keep my phone for charging all night long without any worries about degrading my battery and ruining it. It also comes with 33W SuperVOOC charging, which charges up the phone from 1-100% in about 1 hr 30 minutes.

    Design:

    I got the black colour version of the phone, and the phone is available in both Black and the traditional OnePlus Nord Blue. Both look extremely good and classy, and I appreciate the finish around the camera module and the top half of the phone (though I would prefer if it wasn't a bit glossy). The rest of the phone has some sort of matte finish. The sides are made of durable plastic, and feature a power button fingerprint reader, a headphone jack, a charging port and a microphone. The phone has no alert slider (I dunno what that is, since its my first OnePlus phone, but I digress.) The phone is a bit large, but it felt comfy on my hands.

    Performance:

    The phone comes with a Snapdragon 695 processor. This processor is more than enough in day-to-day life, and I could run Genshin on a mix of High and Medium smoothly, and Apex Legends at Ultra HD and high FPS. I don't really care for benchmark scores, but apparently this phone has an Antutu score of 399306. Still, the phone is more than capable for my day-to-day usage. The phone also has great network performance (sadly I couldn't test 5G, since India doesn't have 5G capable networking just yet). Stuff like the Performance mode in the default Games app also works perfectly, and I can adjust it to balanced, low power, and high performance modes to fit my needs. The phone doesn't play 4K videos however, a limitation of the Snapdragon 695 processor.

    Software:

    The phone came OOTB with OxygenOS 12.1, built on top of Android 12. This was something I was immensely worried about, since I've heard lots of complaints over the state of OxygenOS recently, and was worried that my phone would turn unusable. Surprise surprise, the software is incredibly good. I didn't find any bugs (other than the fact that upon a restart, the phone takes almost an entire minute to be fully back in working condition), and I've already received the April and May security updates on time. These updates also improved the performance, battery life and the camera shutter speed somewhat (I'm still surprised at how quick photos are captured and then can be viewed in the gallery). I also particularly liked the OnePlus exclusive features like the font, Scout, the Shelf and Life/Work mode and use them on the regular. The phone also comes with a guaranteed 2 major Android updates (up to Android 14) and 3 years of security updates, which is incredibly good at this price point. The gesture navigation is fluid AF, and although I felt the default launcher was kind of less feature packed, that was instantly fixed with installing a custom launcher (I use Smart Launcher 6). One gripe I do have though, is that Gboard doesn't update for some reason, and that the new emojis are simply not available (I can see those new emojis on WhatsApp, Twitter etc, but neither can I type them, nor do they display correctly in the overhead notifications on the notification bar).

    Hardware:

    The phone has a power button fingerprint scanner that works fine, most of the time. It has issues in detecting fingerprints, but when it works, it works like a charm, instantly quick. The phone also has a bottom firing speaker, which I found lacking, especially since phones at this price point, like the Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro/Pro Max have dual stereo speakers.

    Camera:

    And last, but not the least, the camera. The phone has a 64 MP camera, a 2MP macro camera, and a depth sensor. On the front is a 16MP selfie camera. The camera app is super basic, and doesn't have half the features offered in other phones at this price point, like the Galaxy M series, but ehh, it serves my purposes. I also don't like how the phone is limited to 1080p, 30 FPS video recording, which is another limitation of the chipset, but then again, I don't really record such high-res videos, so I don't really care.

    Overall, I find the phone perfectly fine for my needs. I like the phone compared to its rivals like Xiaomi, since this one has better software and doesn't get damaged as easily (I had to take my Redmi Note 10 Pro twice to the maintenance shop for minor issues). I rate this phone a 8/10, and I hope OnePlus improves their phones in the budget segment.

    submitted by /u/unnaturely_ugly
    [link] [comments]

    My Review of the LG Wing

    Posted: 15 Jun 2022 10:28 AM PDT

    So let me start off by saying I've had this phone for about 2 years now.

    The good:

    First I loved just about everything about. I could watch Netflix while browsing the internet and even play some basic games with the swivel top screen. The battery life is pretty great even after 2 years and it charges quickly (but that should be expected). It is very unique and I like that it was new concept considering I wanted a foldable but I couldn't get over the fear of a crease being made in the phone. This phone was the middle ground and it did it very well.

    The Bad:

    The front camera comes out of the top of the phone as in its not in the screen but a lens ascends out the top which is cool but honestly every time I use it I'm afraid the mechanism will stop working. Also there is pretty much no case on the market that could protect this phone while keeping 100% function. Which is bad. One small chip in the screen grows everytime you swivel the screen up and down from the jolt even if done lightly. When the screen is off it doesn't always register your finger trying to unlock it so it just doesn't turn on and when it does the finger print scanner is bad in my opinion.

    Ending

    LG already stopped making phones but this phone while it is really cool and unique and it's eye catching it's still meh.

    6.7/10

    submitted by /u/Zkenny13
    [link] [comments]

    Nothing phone real-life photos and videos

    Posted: 15 Jun 2022 01:07 PM PDT

    Samsung will release the Galaxy S21 FE 4G (yes, also in the Netherlands)

    Posted: 15 Jun 2022 07:57 AM PDT

    Huawei FreeBuds Pro 2: New headphones with Devialet sound & ANC

    Posted: 15 Jun 2022 07:46 AM PDT

    [Exclusive] Vivo X80 Pro+ 5G Global Launch Timeline Leaked; To Feature Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 SoC

    Posted: 15 Jun 2022 12:36 PM PDT

    Do you dream of a better share menu?

    Posted: 15 Jun 2022 02:26 AM PDT

    I am using a Galaxy s20+ with Android 12, and the dynamic share menu is less useful than trying to find your favorite song in a 1m song library on shuffle mode.

    Here are some things I'd like to see on a share menu

    • Fixed favorite apps to share

    • Fixed favorite people-in-app to share

    • Fixed favorite app to shre

    Basically just fixed options, please don't change the share menu :)

    What do you want to see in a share menu?

    submitted by /u/dontpostjustlurk
    [link] [comments]

    Vivo launches the X80 Pro, a smartphone that wants to bury the competition in photography at €1299

    Posted: 15 Jun 2022 07:51 AM PDT

    Bidding will begin June 21st for the first 100 Nothing Phone (1)

    Posted: 16 Jun 2022 07:55 AM PDT

    realme GT 2 Master Explorer Edition specs - Yogesh Brar

    Posted: 15 Jun 2022 01:12 AM PDT

    • 6.7" FHD+ AMOLED, upto 120Hz
    • Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1
    • 8/12GB LPDDR5 RAM
    • 128/256GB UFS3.1
    • Rear Cam: 50MP (OIS) (IMX766) + 50MP (UW) + 2MP (macro)
    • Front Cam: 16MP (S5K3P9)
    • Android 12, realme UI 3.0
    • 5,000mAh battery, 100W charging

    Source

    submitted by /u/FragmentedChicken
    [link] [comments]

    Android vs iPhone - Which is ACTUALLY Better? (ft MKBHD)

    Posted: 16 Jun 2022 07:10 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel