• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Thursday, June 16, 2022

    Laptops Im guessing that I need to change my cpu fan.

    Laptops Im guessing that I need to change my cpu fan.


    Im guessing that I need to change my cpu fan.

    Posted: 16 Jun 2022 04:26 AM PDT

    this normal?

    Posted: 16 Jun 2022 01:00 AM PDT

    Awful tolerances on the ASUS TUF Gaming F15 FX507ZM USB-C / Thunderbolt 4 port

    Posted: 16 Jun 2022 04:53 AM PDT

    90% Memory Usage from Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation? Any fixes? Explanations?

    Posted: 16 Jun 2022 09:58 AM PDT

    ASUS TUF F15 (2021) - A good buy after some minor surgery.. (Guide and review)

    Posted: 16 Jun 2022 01:03 AM PDT

    My model: FX506HCB (11400h, 3050, 8gb ram)

    First and foremost: A lot of people are reporting WiFi issues on a15/f15 and even the ROG laptops and the problem is due to thermals and just an underwhelming mediatek wifi card that ASUS and other manufacturers are shipping to consumers due to the "chip shortage"

    The issue is caused by a perfect storm. The single NVMe that comes with this laptop is positioned right above the WiFi card and is wrapped in a thermal sleeve that actually makes thermals worse. Simply put if your using this laptop heavily in this configuration the heat will cause instabilities with your mediatek wifi card. This is especially true for models with only 8gb of ram as OS load, game load and likely page file writes due to insufficient RAM will stress the NVMe to its limit making it incredibly hot.

    8gb of ram is simply not enough in 2022, and high workloads and/or gaming sessions will generally result in a very hot NVMe sitting on the same thermal pad as your mediatak wifi card resulting in massive instabilities and connection drops.

    The solution? minor surgery...

    1. If your laptop currently only has 8gb of RAM you need to upgrade with another 8gb stick: Crucial 8GB DDR4 3200MHz CL22 CT8G4SFRA32A from Amazon. (30$) - is perfectly compatible with the 8gb of Samsung RAM that comes with these laptops and run in dual channel while providing sufficient memory for applications and games and avoiding nasty pagefile writes on your NVMe which will increase your drives lifespan and reduce heat and strain on your components. Win/Win
    2. Move your default NVMe to the right side of the laptop which will provide even better thermals as this m2 slot is not near any heat pipes.
    3. Now that the NVMe has been moved from the left to the right slot you will see your mediatek wifi card, I would highly suggest you replace it with an Intel ax210 from Amazon (30$) as it's superior in just about every way.
    4. Add another NVMe to the original m2 slot if you wish, if you're looking for a budget drive that will get the job done I suggest a Kingston NV1 500g from Amazon (40$) (Use this drive for storage and keep your OS boot drive in the m2 slot on the right side of the laptop chassis)
    5. Profit

    This laptop is incredibly easy to open and allows you to change RAM, NVMe, and the WIFI card without breaking any security stickers on the screws thus preserving your warranty. a few things note:

    • The bottom right screw is not meant to come out but rather helps lift the corner allowing your to pry open with plastic opening tools or a credit card. DO NOT USE ANYTHING METAL!
    • When removing the screws I highly suggest placing them near the screw holes they were removed from beside the laptop on the table so you know where everything goes.
    • You do not need to unplug the battery to make these swaps. just power off and be careful! don't poke around with a screwdriver expecting good things to happen. Use this as an opportunity to clean out your fans as well! advanced users can attempt to repaste if they wish but this will void warranty as you will break security seals on some screws to remove the copper heat pipes and if your exposing the VRMs I would then suggest unplugging the battery cable to be safe.

    Few links to help:

    IFixit opening tools: Amazon (10$) - I suggest this, amazing little set.

    Open laptop & replace RAM - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LapfKOmTJEE

    Replace WIFI card - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5Ylgw07kEw

    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    My new specs:

    Asus Tuf FX506HCB

    Intel i5 11400h (6c 12t)

    16gb ram (3200mz) in dual channel

    Intel AX210 WIFI/Bluetooth

    2x 500gb NVMe. (Stock Intel drive & Kingston NV1)

    RTX 3050

    729.99$ + 30$ + 30$ + 40$ = 829.99 USD

    This laptop is best in class price to performance once it's been upgraded. I've since taken it to the next level by nuking the stock windows 11 and fresh installing Windows 10 Enterprise, latest drivers, MyASUS to limit battery charge and to fine tune thermals I use throttlestop to run my 11400h @ 3.8ghz turbo cap with a slight -70mv on core and -50mv on cache which is more than enough to feed a 3050 or even 3060 while maintaining temps below 80c in demanding gaming sessions and 30c idle temps at desktop. - For productivity I simply switch back to 4.5 stock turbo while keeping my undervolt. I stay as far away from armourycrate as possible.

    Note: All 11th gen intel TUF laptops can be undervolted but only on a fresh flash of the latest bios releases. If you restore defaults in bios you will lose the ability to undervolt with throttlestop until you reflash the latest bios again.

    Throttlestop guide: here

    To conclude, I'm very happy with my purchase/specs for the price I paid and for those curious I mainly use this laptop for CS:GO, WoW Classic and productivty/media as my main machine is a desktop running a 5900x/3080TI so I figured a 3050 mobile with an 11400h was a perfect secondary machine for me.

    I hope this post gives users having massive WIFI issues the confidence to replace the mediatek card or at the very least address the NVMe location to reduce thermal instabilities.

    Cheers :)

    submitted by /u/Dheyden
    [link] [comments]

    How do you make your laptop last for a long time (3-4 years)

    Posted: 16 Jun 2022 08:38 AM PDT

    Bit of a back story: Last year, I bought a dynabook toshiba laptop, for 500$ in summer 2021. My 3 year old HP was dying, the screen hinge was broken, and it was a cheapo sub 250-300$ emmc 64gb notebook, so I knew it was crap. Anyways, I bought this tosh for 3 things, mostly student things (studies, online classes), but also for a bit of minecraft and 4k youtube. I dropped it a while ago and the left hinge plastic scratched, yet it works fine. I'm wondering, since I'm not an easy guy when it comes to phones and laptops, how can I make it last? It's a celeron processor (yes I paid 500$ online for a celeron based laptop), 12gb ddr4, and 256gb m2 sata ssd. Up until now the battery life is excellent, and the plastic build quality is somewhat decent, but I don't want to change it, even for the same model with a higher end cpu as I think mine is mine and I like the way it is. Can this bulky laptop last 3-4 years at least? (it is heavy, don't ask me why and how lol)

    submitted by /u/hamborgir_02
    [link] [comments]

    I am trying to set up a malware analysis environment and I have a question.

    Posted: 16 Jun 2022 09:42 AM PDT

    I am a cyber security student, and my Dad recently bought me a ThinkPad to do some of my work on. I am trying to set up a malware analysis environment on the laptop, but I don't know if it has all of the right specifications for me to set up VMs.

    This is the laptop that he got:

    ThinkPad L15 Gen 2 AMD | Entry Business Laptop | Lenovo US

    These are the specs on the laptop:

    Processor: AMD Ryzen 3 PRO 5450U with Radeon Graphics 2.60 GHz

    Installed RAM: 4.00 GB (3.33 GB usable)

    System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

    For anyone in cyber security, can you tell me if I can set up a malware analysis environment with the specs I have?

    submitted by /u/MadScientist876
    [link] [comments]

    Did alot of research. These are feasible options within my budget. Which will be best for recording music (hiphop)? Thx.

    Posted: 15 Jun 2022 11:25 PM PDT

    Windows 11 Guide

    Posted: 15 Jun 2022 10:17 PM PDT

    submitted by /u/Khaotic_Kernel
    [link] [comments]

    LF Laptop for watching Anime/Movies

    Posted: 16 Jun 2022 08:19 AM PDT

    Gaming: Not much into gaming, But would be enough if it runs mid range games Screen: I hate anit glare, I use Amoled phone would love the screen to be anywhere near it(Glossy) and maybe if possible 2k quality Editing : No Ram: Minimum of 8gb SSD: 256 Gb CPU: Intel i5/i7// Any Rygen CPU

    Budget: 850 dollars

    submitted by /u/boysoverwhores
    [link] [comments]

    Laptop

    Posted: 16 Jun 2022 08:14 AM PDT

    I would want to buy a laptop and i don't really know from which company. I would like something that can work from morning untill late nights, daily for some games and some work stuff. Which would you recommend?

    submitted by /u/Puzzleheaded-Cap1041
    [link] [comments]

    Dell Precision not Charging

    Posted: 16 Jun 2022 07:58 AM PDT

    Dell Precision not Charging

    Hello, my Dell Precision 5530 (3 years old) is not charging I replaced the battery myself 6 months ago and had no problem. Thru the coomand prompt I get a very healthy battery report still holdinh 90% of original power. I have tried the following and nothing has worked:

    • Turnoff computer and press the power button for 20 secods to release all power
    • Uninstalled and reinstalled ac-adapter and battery drivers in the device manager.
    • Updated bios (/forcedit) at the command prompt because bios update required 10% battery.
    • Opened the laptop and disconnected and reconected the battery.

    All cables seem to be in working order and charging port is clean.

    Any idea what to do next? Any help will be greatly appreciated

    This is the Icon I get

    submitted by /u/andeste
    [link] [comments]

    MSI GF 63 Thin 11UC vs Gigabyte G5 MD

    Posted: 16 Jun 2022 07:41 AM PDT

    Hey everyone, I'm looking forward to buying my first gaming laptop and as a student I'm mainly looking for longevity, reliability and performance. So in the end I've cut down my options to these 2. My issue right now is that although I initially preferred MSI over Gigabyte it turns out that just for roughly 50 dollars more in my country, Gigabyte (compared to MSI) is offering a laptop with the same cpu but with 16gb ram instead of 8gb, a 3050 ti instead of a 3050 and has an extra m2 slot along with a vga port (which I may never use but hey nice to have I suppose?). So my question is that what would you all suggest based on your previous experiences?

    submitted by /u/Scimitere
    [link] [comments]

    Has anybody played Forza Horizon 5 on an external monitor with the ROG Flow Z13?

    Posted: 16 Jun 2022 07:32 AM PDT

    Hi. I would really like a Z13 Flow and want to know the possibilities with it first. I have a 38" (3840×1600) monitor and would love to play Forza Horizon 5 with it as well as other graphically intense games. What have people pulled with this thing on an external screen? Post your resolutions please.

    submitted by /u/Spirited_Paramedic_8
    [link] [comments]

    Is there anyway to disable microphone and web cam and stop them being accessed remotely by hackers ect

    Posted: 16 Jun 2022 03:25 AM PDT

    2 in 1 Laptop or Separate iPad + Laptop?

    Posted: 16 Jun 2022 05:56 AM PDT

    So right now I am looking for a device on which i will be taking notes and watching media regularly. So tablet became the first choice. But, i also need the flexibility of a full windows laptop with respect to various softwares and applications.

    So i started thinking of 2 in 1. But i heard that it is jack of all trades, but does not do anything too well. For example, screen too reflective, stylus experience is not all that great, screen quality is not all that great, etc.

    So, should I get a 2 in 1 laptop such as Dell Inspiron 2 in 1 series, or get an iPad and normal laptop separately?

    submitted by /u/rockz3r
    [link] [comments]

    Surface laptop studio vs Zbook and ipad

    Posted: 16 Jun 2022 05:49 AM PDT

    Hi guys, I will have to buy a decent laptop for university. Would you be able to give me some suggestions?

    I am coming from a surface pro 4 with the m3 processor which I mainly used to take notes, while doing all the "heavy lifting" with my desktop computer. Since I will be moving abroad this solution wouldn't be convenient at all and my surface is getting too slow even to use OneNote without screaming at it (at the moment it's a clean install of windows 10 with just office 365 on it).

    These are the requirements for my next setup:

    • I need to be able to take handwritten notes
    • it needs to be decently portable (at least the note taking part of it)
    • it needs to be an acceptable substitute for my desktop computer (it's nothing too fancy, it has a ryzen 5 3600, 16GB of RAM and a very, VERY shitty GPU: an amd r7 260x IIRC)
    • it needs to be able to do 3D modelling (Solidworks etc.) and I would like to be able to use flight simulators such as prepar3D or even MSFS with decent graphics, not the highest settings.

    At the moment I have two main options, with comparable price points:

    1) Zbook power G9 mobile workstation + ipad

    My university offers it with the following specs:

    • intel i7-12700H
    • 16 GB DDR5-SDRAM 4800 MHz, with a free slot to put another RAM stick
    • NVIDIA RTX A1000 with 4GB of memory
    • 512GB PCIe NVMe

    The price for this laptop would be €1429

    I would pair this laptop with some kind of note taking device, probably an ipad air (more or less €1000 with the apple pencil and cover), even if I'm not completely opposed to the idea of a remarkable 2, or a boox note air 2, or even a pen tablet, which would be a cheap but not very convenient solution.

    2) Surface laptop studio

    For a similar price of both the laptop (and additional RAM stick) and ipad (€2500) I could get the surface laptop studio with the following specs

    • intel H35 i7-11370H
    • 32 GB LPDDR4x RAM
    • NVIDIA RTX 3050 Ti
    • 1TB SSD

    This would be a more sleek looking solution, but I'm not convinced by the CPU, which seems outdated and underpowered at this price point. I also haven't been able to find convincing comparisons of the A1000 and 3050Ti.

    3) Whatever you may want to suggest

    submitted by /u/LIME-line
    [link] [comments]

    Need help finding a laptop.

    Posted: 16 Jun 2022 05:20 AM PDT

    I am looking for a decent laptop that will last a long time, mainly for coursework, the only games I really are the old elder scrolls games so nothing hard to run.

    submitted by /u/FatMicrowave
    [link] [comments]

    Help?

    Posted: 16 Jun 2022 05:10 AM PDT

    help with laptop

    Posted: 15 Jun 2022 11:11 PM PDT

    My laptop wasnt connecting to my phone from neither wifi or usb so i pressed network reset and now all my photos, music, files are .bbi files Im on windows 10 and any help would be appreciated. And also i cant use any internet

    submitted by /u/LowPerspective7988
    [link] [comments]

    eyeing macbook air m1 - need advice pls

    Posted: 16 Jun 2022 01:15 AM PDT

    hello i am a tax practitioner who simply needs basic applications such as excel and word. on another hand, i am also a creative who's into photography and editing. basically, i need a new laptop for basic stuff. is macbook air m1 256gb a good laptop for me? i would like something simple and light (will also last for 4-5 years). any other suggestions pls? how about laptops with winOS? thank you so much.

    submitted by /u/sugaronthekim
    [link] [comments]

    Can I use this part for my IBM/Lenovo Z61t?

    Posted: 15 Jun 2022 08:58 PM PDT

    As the title says, I have an IBM/Lenovo ThinkPad Z61t, and am looking for parts to upgrade it. I found this on eBay, and was wondering if I could use it. Here is an image:

    https://preview.redd.it/kyf1zepopl591.png?width=1600&format=png&auto=webp&s=e2e53dde793017413a45eddece37f0d96a40fb10

    It is a good price considering it is a motherboard and the steel chassis, (the chassis in my Z61t is very damaged). It is from an IBM/Lenovo ThinkPad Z61e, which has MUCH better graphics than the mine, (Intel GMA 950). I know this laptop is old and slow and not worth it, but I just wanted to do this for fun. Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/93Volvo240
    [link] [comments]

    Does stretching budget for IPS screen in budget laptops makes a huge difference? (budget constraints it there)

    Posted: 15 Jun 2022 10:37 PM PDT

    Hi there, A quick reference I have used only a PC till now with 250nits 24inch 1080p default monitor not IPS obviously.
    As a data scientist student (No gaming might watch some movies in spare time) I want to switch to laptop (windows machine only) due to heavy sessions like more than 16hrs a day for whole week no breaks on weekends as well which is quiet painful on PC despite having good chair. (A slight change in environment will also boost productivity IMO)
    I have a budget constraints also keep in mind.
    My question is whether to stretch budget and invest a bit more for IPS screens in budget laptops like mi notebook pro which has QHD 300nits peak 100%sRGB 14inch 60Hz IPS panel is better than any other budget laptops which has better performance than this machine cost a bit low and comes with 14inch 45%NTSC 250nits peak brightness 14inch display which is not TN but not IPS as well.
    like the price difference between these two machines is around 10K Indian rupees.
    Mi notebook pro (i5-11300H/16gb/512gb Metallic chassis good built with screen mentioned above) at 59,000INR ($755)
    Msi Modern 14 B5M (r5-5600u,16gb,1tb Metallic chassis as well but with screen mentioned above) at
    48,000INR ($614)

    submitted by /u/Angaar101
    [link] [comments]

    Laptop with good thermals?

    Posted: 16 Jun 2022 02:03 AM PDT

    Laptop under $1000

    Posted: 15 Jun 2022 09:37 PM PDT

    I'm currently looking for a laptop mainly for study and work but I also occasionally play game.

    I'm looking for suggestions but I also looking at 4 laptop.

    HP ENVY X360

    This is a very nice laptop for the price it is at. (On sale).

    FRAME WORK 12 Gen Base

    I'm willing to spend a little extra to get a great laptop that is upgradable but I'm not sure if it worthit.

    Dell Inspiron 14 AMD Ryzen 5 5500u

    It's on sale and is only $599. I'm not sure if it's really that good of bargain though.

    HP OMEN 15-en1097nr

    I love HP and I think the OMEN is one of the best. But I'm not sure how it stand compared to other options.

    I'm not knowledgeable at laptop. I'd love something that last me more than 5 years.

    Thank you very much!

    submitted by /u/Jenadavis27
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel