• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Wednesday, June 15, 2022

    System ignores "open by default" settings Android Help

    System ignores "open by default" settings Android Help


    System ignores "open by default" settings

    Posted: 15 Jun 2022 08:21 PM PDT

    I have a 3rd party Reddit app called Boost. I have set boost to open all Reddit links by default, but it is not being opened.

    Expected behavior: opening a Reddit link opens in the boost app instead of the official Reddit app or a browser.

    Actual behavior: if the official Reddit app is installed, it is opened. If it is not installed, I am brought to the play store page for the official app. This happens in the Google search widget and in the chrome app.

    Info I've confirmed:
    Boost is set to open supported links
    "Supported links" correctly listed for boost
    Official app is set to never open by default

    What I've tried:
    Uninstalling official app (goes to play store)
    Restarting phone (does not resolve issue)
    Clearing cache for apps used to open links (chrome etc)

    Device info:
    OnePlus 8 Pro
    Oxygen OS 11.0.11.11.IN11AA

    submitted by /u/donotread123
    [link] [comments]

    Smart view removal, any options?

    Posted: 15 Jun 2022 07:44 PM PDT

    "One UI 3.0 (Android 11) update removes Smart View support for Chromecast (and other non-Samsung devices)"

    Found that while trying to figure out why it suddenly stopped working.

    I am so irritated with this! Is there a work around?

    submitted by /u/Bridey1
    [link] [comments]

    Play Store Auto-Updates

    Posted: 15 Jun 2022 02:23 PM PDT

    A few years ago, I remember my apps auto-updating each time I would charge my phone. But also, a few years ago, I've noticed that my apps never auto-update. Is there a setting I am not turning on?

    For context, I use Samsung devices. Currently have a Galaxy Tab S6 and a Galaxy Z Fold 3. All of my apps have the auto-update setting on.

    It's just time consuming to always manually update my apps. And they won't update unless I do the previous.

    I'd appreciate any suggestions/solutions!

    Thank you very much! 🙏🏽

    submitted by /u/eupeuta
    [link] [comments]

    Any proper workaround for Google's insanely dumb decision to remove SOT since last charge from Android 12?

    Posted: 15 Jun 2022 08:02 AM PDT

    As the title says....

    Stupid isn't the word! It was so easy up to Android 11 to properly measure battery usage, now it is just the last 24 hours!

    So I'm wondering if there is a mod that would add this functionality back? I'm aware of Tasker profiles that try to achieve this, but it would be ideal to have it back in Battery Usage. It's ok even if root is needed.

    submitted by /u/yowzadfish80
    [link] [comments]

    When do I buy the Pixel 5A with the 6A coming out?

    Posted: 15 Jun 2022 03:51 PM PDT

    I want a Pixel 5A. The biggest reason is it has a headphone jack. With the 6A coming out, when is the best time I can buy it? I'd imagine it'd be discounted. Would it still be on the Google store if the 6A comes out?

    submitted by /u/whitelife123
    [link] [comments]

    Work tablet feature bypassing

    Posted: 15 Jun 2022 09:24 PM PDT

    So i got a work tablet this week at work and was wondering how i can re-enable the USB-Tether option in the settings.
    Its greyed out and said its not allowed, but i want to be able to move over some APK's and wallpapers that i cant get on the tablet due to heavy app and site restrictions.

    submitted by /u/Kyrios_Eustace
    [link] [comments]

    Galaxy A32 Blue Light & Contrast

    Posted: 15 Jun 2022 08:48 PM PDT

    I just switched from a A6 to a A32 and am finding the "eye comfort shield" option on the new phone a bit disappointing. Mostly, the contrast just feels way off from what I'm used to. Is there an android setting to manually adjust my screen contrast so text isn't so hard to read with it on? Can anyone suggest a blue light filter app they prefer?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/N33chy
    [link] [comments]

    Buying a New Phone(Not Apple) Which One Should I get & OS

    Posted: 15 Jun 2022 08:36 PM PDT

    Hi so Im upgrading from my A5 GALAXY phone 2017, I had /e/ os installed on it for a while. All was great, sd card was maxxed and stuff. Now I've decided to get a new phone, as my previous one got cracked, and it costs more to repair then to buy. So Im looking for a new phone, but I've noticed that all the new Samsung and Huawei phone smade in the past 2 years don't have much custom os for them such as Ubuntu touch, Lineag os, /e/ os, graphene, and calyx os. Any recommendations as to what phone I should get, which could be easily installed with a custom os?
    (Note: I dont really want a pixel, due to hardware theories that I have about it. But I am leaning swards Huawei, Samsung or Xiaomi)

    submitted by /u/EconomistMuch6562
    [link] [comments]

    Why are restrictions not made optional?

    Posted: 15 Jun 2022 05:51 PM PDT

    Over the years, controversial restrictions have been added to the operating system, most famously the termination of write access of the memory card. If it were "for security reasons", they would have done it at the same time for internal storage, but they did not. Now, battery monitoring has been restricted.

    Quote from /u/killamator:

    Google has deprecated my ability to automatically back up texts, record calls, check detailed battery stats, mount drives for use by third party apps, [manage tasks,] etc. I wouldn't mind all of these enthusiast use cases being disabled by default, but they provided no way to opt out of these paternalistic restrictions other than adb commands or rooting. They are gradually shrinking the freedom of Android in the name of protecting us from ourselves.

    If Google knows that such restrictions will be unpopular, how come they are not made optional? Sure, there are radical measures like rooting, but that would not be necessary if options were provided.

    submitted by /u/ThrowAway237s
    [link] [comments]

    Data Recovery from Dead S7

    Posted: 15 Jun 2022 04:20 PM PDT

    Hi there! So I have an S7 that died without warning. Since I don't have the tools or skill to fix it, is my only option to access it's internal storage paying a data recovery place?

    Specifically I want to get back the contents of the notes app I was using, so any advice regarding that would be much appreciated!

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/throwaway46654333456
    [link] [comments]

    Brand new Moto Edge 30 Pro gets stuck when I lock it. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

    Posted: 15 Jun 2022 03:02 PM PDT

    For the love of god please someone help me

    I've had to factory reset the phone 4 times for it to stop, even changed the phone, do all moto edge 30 pros have this problem?

    The screen goes into lock screen and it flickers between black screen and lock screen, over and over.

    Restarting does nothing, blocking and unblocking does nothing, calls do nothing, screenshotting, shutting off and turning back on.

    I'm so GOD DAMN SICK OF THIS, i payed SO MUCH for this phone and this happens?

    Can anyone help me???

    submitted by /u/cheskymaker
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for messages app with **custom** filtering

    Posted: 15 Jun 2022 02:38 PM PDT

    My samsung A70 wont turn on, no force restart methods have worked. need help ASAP, prom real soon!

    Posted: 15 Jun 2022 02:36 PM PDT

    so my phone shut down because i didnt charge it. I had to do something on the phone so i turned it on, i dont do it a lot, like once every a couple of months. my phone turned on and after 20 seconds it shut down. i then charge my phone for like 3 hours and i notice that it wont turn on. i have done NOTHING that could break the screen, not even a slight hit. ive tried holding the power and volume down/power and volume up/ volume up and volume down for about 15 seconds and it wont work. please help guys.

    submitted by /u/MyPhoneWontTurnOn
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to get my photos and data back after a factory reset without a backup?

    Posted: 15 Jun 2022 02:29 PM PDT

    I had to factory reset my phone bc of the password and i don't have any backups and when i did this it was like 1 year ago

    submitted by /u/No-History9132
    [link] [comments]

    Mobile data not working

    Posted: 15 Jun 2022 01:48 PM PDT

    Basic info: Phone: Honor 9 lite Carrier: Telekom SK Plan: "limitless" (basically pay for what i use, no given amout of minutes or data amount) Problem: Have available data but can't use it.

    Description: I got give 5GBs of data that i want to use. Problem is that when data is turned on it only sends a few hundred Bytes at a time and thats mostly outbound traffic, seems like it's not getting a response.

    What I've tried so far: Restart; Change APN setting to Default, then what my carrier recommends as default; Turning Aurplane mode on and off.

    submitted by /u/NukethemandKillthem
    [link] [comments]

    Found old s7 edge, forgot pattern, is there a way i can unlock it by verifying my google account it's associated with?

    Posted: 15 Jun 2022 01:27 PM PDT

    Currently going insane, found my maybe 6 year old s7 edge and I want to get the data off of it and onto my PC. However I can't remember the pattern, so I'm hoping there's a way I can unlock it by some form of verification with my google account. I also can only see my memos were backed up in my samsung cloud account but not any other data

    I can see it in the findmymobile web page but there's no option to unlock. This thing probably hasn't been turned on for about 6 years.

    I am not looking for a way to bypass this WITHOUT verifying it is mine via my google account/samsung account or other means of authentic verification.

    What I've tried:

    • attempting to muscle memory my pattern, with no luck (there also isn't an option for 'forget my pattern')
    • unlocking via findmymobile, but that just puts on a defined passcode before the pattern
    • it is not registered in findmydevice, don't know if it's because of it's age or if I just never knew about it before
    • Tried downloading smart switch, but that needs me to unlock using the pattern
    • I must have not ever turned on usb debugging because I can't enter the shell on this device using adb. And because I'm locked out I can't enable it currently.

    So if there's some other way I can unlock this by authenticating my identity and google account ownership that I missed, any help would be appreciated.

    Thanks!

    EDIT: I still have access to my samsung cloud account, so if there's a way I can remotely back it up that would probably be better

    submitted by /u/ianmcbong
    [link] [comments]

    Android Updating Issues

    Posted: 15 Jun 2022 12:56 PM PDT

    Hi all, I am having issues updating my Android Security Update. Images attached, my phone is a Moto G7+.

    It shows a red icon, but when I press on it it says it is up to date, even though it is from December 2020.

    I appreciated if anyone can help me.

    https://i.imgur.com/zegBV6T.png

    https://i.imgur.com/PBTjPA3.png

    submitted by /u/joseph22310
    [link] [comments]

    Building an app for Finding location quiz app on android

    Posted: 15 Jun 2022 12:55 PM PDT

    Hello, genius developers here, I'm a student and I want to build an app on an android studio in which, in a given map quiz I can find different locations or rivers or mountains, etc by taping on that region particular region as the same appears of that location.

    In case I tapped the right location it displays Right in green color and if I tapped at the wrong location it displayed the wrong location.

    Can someone help me with the source code for the same? Many thanks

    submitted by /u/okulamcstan
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for assistance with this device

    Posted: 15 Jun 2022 12:54 PM PDT

    I was able to get a few of these small tablets from work for free. They were going to be thrown away as we were vacating the office they were installed in. They were intended to be used for booking/status of meeting rooms in the office.

    https://imgur.com/a/fWkpkFA

    They are wall mountable PoE tablets but they are running android 6.0.1 and I don't see any way to update them past that. I would like to run the Home Assistant App on them and use them as kiosks around my house. I keep getting stuck while connecting to my Home Assistant server.

    I am not opposed to trying to load a custom rom or rooting this device I just don't know how to go about that.

    I am a rookie when it comes to Android so go easy on me please and TIA :)

    submitted by /u/Chris_Hagood_Photo
    [link] [comments]

    OnePlus 8 charger head alternative?

    Posted: 15 Jun 2022 12:39 PM PDT

    I've just bought a OnePlus 8 and I know it uses a specific 'warp charger'. The charger I use currently for my old phone is super slow. I've got the cable but the head is a US charger and I'm in the UK.

    Is the plug a specific wattage or something, in which case I could just buy a cheaper one with the same credentials and charge my phone quickly regardless? You can probably tell I don't really understand these things.

    Any help appreciated! Cheers.

    submitted by /u/VitruvianGenesis
    [link] [comments]

    Youtube videos automatically rotate to landscape even when autorotation is disabled

    Posted: 15 Jun 2022 11:51 AM PDT

    This is seriously driving me insane. I've just recently switched from iOS to Android, and it turns out one of the main features I used is seemingly nonexistent. I'm on Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro btw.

    I'm talking about honouring my screen orientation settings of course.

    Whenever I watch a Youtube video in Firefox and click on fullscreen, I expect the video to take up the whole screen, but stay vertical. That is what I'm used to after iPhone.

    But what I get is a forced landscape mode, that completely breaks my browsing flow, with giant label saying "Entering Fullscreen Mode" (approximate translation).

    I have every setting imaginable toggled.

    I have rotation lock enabled in accessibility/notification menu.

    I have automatic rotation disabled in both "Display/Screen" settings and "Accessibility".

    I even have Fullscreen Mode disabled for Firefox, yet every youtube video is forced to landscape.

    Guys, how can I solve this? It's driving me nuts!

    submitted by /u/Dreadpon
    [link] [comments]

    How to disable in app update notifications?

    Posted: 15 Jun 2022 11:15 AM PDT

    I have a Galaxy S20 running Android 12. I have noticed in the past few weeks that apps are now prompting me to update them when I open the app. This is NOT a standard "update to continue" message for mandatory updates. It only occurs when opening an app after it was completely closed and only occurs with some applications. There is an "update" and a "no thanks" button but hitting no thanks doesnt prevent it from coming back the next time the app is opened.

    I have auto update apps turned off in the play store and I have all update notifications that I could find in the settings turned off. Any idea how to prevent this pop up from appearing every time I open specific apps?

    submitted by /u/Silas13013
    [link] [comments]

    any way to disable multicast (igmpv2)

    Posted: 15 Jun 2022 11:13 AM PDT

    On Android when ever I turn on my phone and off I can see multicast igmpv2 showing up on Wireshark, is there any way to disable this? Or get rid of these messages if one were to packet sniff me?

    submitted by /u/Pleasant_Daikon345
    [link] [comments]

    Bf's contacts randomly added to my phone

    Posted: 15 Jun 2022 10:02 AM PDT

    Mabye once a week, a few random contacts of my boyfriend's (from his phone, that I never imputed into mine) get added into my contacts. And then I have to go an delete them manually.

    For context - He has his own phone with his own contacts, BUT he is signed into his Instagram and G-mail on my phone as well. Mabye that has something to do with it. That is the only thing our phone's share.

    I don't know what this happens.

    I would really appreciate any help on how to fix this. Thank you ☺️

    submitted by /u/ArtemisTheirin
    [link] [comments]

    storage question

    Posted: 15 Jun 2022 09:31 AM PDT

    I have a 32gb Samsung A20. I have a 100+gb external sd card. Why is it when I want to move an app from my phone to the SD card it still shows that it's taking up room on my phone? Some of these games and apps have gotten so big but I don't want to delete them. What is the point of the option if it doesn't alleviate the storage problem? Maybe I'm ignorant about how this works. (Solved)

    submitted by /u/IRONVULPINE
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel