• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Wednesday, June 15, 2022

    Rest in peace Windows Help

    Rest in peace Windows Help


    Rest in peace

    Posted: 14 Jun 2022 07:13 PM PDT

    Dear Internet Explorer. You will not be missed. Signed, every family's tech support kid everywhere.

    Posted: 14 Jun 2022 08:45 PM PDT

    Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2 updates for 6/14/22

    Posted: 15 Jun 2022 04:46 PM PDT

    Via the Microsoft Support website:

    IMPORTANT On May 19, 2022, we released an out-of-band (OOB) update to address an issue that might cause machine certificate authentication failures on domain controllers. If you haven't installed the May 19, 2022 or later releases, then installing this June 14, 2022 update will also address that issue. For more information, see the Before installing this update section in this article.

    IMPORTANT Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2 have reached the end of mainstream support and are now in extended support. Starting in July 2020, there will no longer be optional, non-security releases (known as "C" releases) for this operating system. Operating systems in extended support have only cumulative monthly security updates (known as the "B" or Update Tuesday release).

    This cumulative security update includes improvements that are part of update KB5014011 (released May 10, 2022) and includes new improvements for the following issue:

    • Printing to a NUL port from a Low Integrity Level (LowIL) process application could cause printing failures.

    • Addresses an elevation of privilege (EOP) vulnerability under CVE-2022-30154 for the Microsoft File Server Shadow Copy Agent Service). To become protected and functional, you must install the June 14, 2022 or later Windows update on both the application server and the file server. The application server runs the Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS)-aware application that stores data on the remote Server Message Block 3.0 (or higher) shares on a file server. The file server hosts the file shares. If you don't install the update on both machine roles, backup operations carried out by applications, which previously worked, might fail. For such failure scenarios, the Microsoft File Server Shadow Copy Agent Service will log FileShareShadowCopyAgent event 1013 on the file server. For more information, see KB5015527.

    For more information about the resolved security vulnerabilities, please refer to the Security Update Guide website and the June 2022 Security Updates.

    submitted by /u/wickedplayer494
    [link] [comments]

    “A familiar feel” 😂

    Posted: 15 Jun 2022 02:22 PM PDT

    Internet Explorer 11 has retired and is officially out of support—what you need to know

    Posted: 15 Jun 2022 06:15 AM PDT

    Using an iPad on Windows as a second monitor and drawing tablet for professional work?

    Posted: 15 Jun 2022 12:56 PM PDT

    I am a video editor/motion designer/color grader and I use Adobe/Davinci/Cinema 4D professionally every day.

    Sadly until I will move into a bigger appartment, I don't have enough space on my desk to use 2 monitors, so I thought about getting an iPad as a small second monitor and tablet. I do use Windows 10 on my main workstation though so I am not sure if the current program solutions to connect and use the iPad with the Apple Pen are professionally usable without problems.

    I know that a wacom tablet is obviously a lot better for professional work but I would love to get an iPad as an actual tablet/mini macbook for traveling as well to have an all-in-one system since for me the wacom itself is too expensive as a standalone drawing tablet. I don't use that enough to justify paying the hefty price.

    I want to be able to use the iPad as a small second monitor for editing in Premiere and After Effects like a stream deck and for giving the director, in Photoshop/Illustrator as a drawing tablet with the apple pen, in Resolve as a good small reference monitor and in Cinema 4D and ZBrush for modeling with the apple pen.

    Someone on here having experience with this kind of setup?

    submitted by /u/Zeigerful
    [link] [comments]

    Rest in peace, IE. Best browser in the world in the slow category.

    Posted: 15 Jun 2022 01:50 PM PDT

    RIP, I used you since XP, and up until Windows 10. Now it's time to say goodbye IE.

    submitted by /u/hamborgir_02
    [link] [comments]

    You all won't respect IE until it forever gone. RIP Internet explorer. I'm using it for it last day.

    Posted: 15 Jun 2022 12:35 AM PDT

    What theme is this?

    Posted: 15 Jun 2022 11:37 AM PDT

    What theme is this?

    I was chatting with a friend on Discord and he sent me this screenshot. I don't know what theme this is and he supposedly isn't allowed to tell me.

    So, please tell me, what theme is this?

    https://preview.redd.it/dug0aq93xt591.png?width=505&format=png&auto=webp&s=1df74f1e200c965b2c2044f4dad5e9360a020d83

    submitted by /u/HackerDaGreat57
    [link] [comments]

    Need help identifying a text editor ?

    Posted: 15 Jun 2022 01:10 PM PDT

    Its a very old text based editor not by microsoft. We used it to write assembly code in uni. Kinda used to write the editor name to open it and after writing entered save to save it. Its not vi though. Anyone worked with this and knows the name, any help would be apperiated...

    submitted by /u/ignition_pyre
    [link] [comments]

    Middle-click inconsistencies

    Posted: 15 Jun 2022 07:50 AM PDT

    Does anyone else find it annoying that you can middle-click an item in the taskbar to open a new instance of it and you can middle-click a link in a bowser to open it in a new window/tab, but if you middle-click a browser tab, instead of either duplicating the tab or opening a new one, it does the exact opposite and closes the tab?

    submitted by /u/Sansred
    [link] [comments]

    Microsoft Releases First ARM64 Preview of Visual Studio for Windows 11

    Posted: 15 Jun 2022 08:38 AM PDT

    Arm64 Visual Studio

    Posted: 15 Jun 2022 07:34 AM PDT

    OneNote Updates...?

    Posted: 15 Jun 2022 06:44 AM PDT

    I wonder if problems with IE 5.01 was part of why Windows 2000 never shipped for Alpha

    Posted: 14 Jun 2022 10:20 PM PDT

    I wonder if problems with IE 5.01 was part of why Windows 2000 never shipped for Alpha.

    submitted by /u/yuhong
    [link] [comments]

    Process hacker 2

    Posted: 14 Jun 2022 05:17 PM PDT

    Is process hacker 2 safe? I used it on virus total but I got 25/67 score. I would like to use it to inject a dll for my game. But I want to be sure it's safe to use.

    submitted by /u/Automatic-Animal5004
    [link] [comments]

    Surface Go 2 keeps disabling the mobile broadband adapter at random. See image below. Little to no solutions online.

    Posted: 14 Jun 2022 06:43 AM PDT

    Upgrading windows

    Posted: 14 Jun 2022 07:31 PM PDT

    I have an unactivated windows 8.1 version and I've now bought a couple of games without seeing that they need windows 10. I tried download windows 10 online using some code from a website (I know it's wrong but everyone doesn't have that much money), and it worked for a while until it suddenly cancelled and a message showed up saying "Windows 10 installation has failed". I have all the specs requirements so it's either because I took a code online or because I have an unactivated windows right now. I'm thinking of buying windows 10, but it feels really bad if it doesn't work because I don't have activated the windows I have now, and I can't activate my current windows. I would appreciate if you know why I couldn't download windows 10.

    submitted by /u/Stunning-Vast5806
    [link] [comments]

    New laptop Core i3, 4GB, Windows 11 Home

    Posted: 14 Jun 2022 07:18 PM PDT

    There are so many different configurations and opinions on the question "will Windows 11 run well on xyx". I'm talking about a new laptop, with no other software than the Win11 Home. It arrives tomorrow. After reading a lot, I feel like I might return it. Have I just read too many people saying 4GM of ram isn't enough, i.e the vocal minority. This is all so subjective, everyone is going to have a different experience.

    submitted by /u/digispin
    [link] [comments]

    A list of free & open-source apps I use on Windows

    Posted: 14 Jun 2022 04:08 AM PDT

    I've been a Windows power user for a decade, and throughout the journey, I found tools and apps which made me work more efficiently on Windows.

    There are 40+ apps I mentioned in the below article. All tools are free to use (or freemium with a generous free version), and many of them are open-source (source code links are provided where applicable).

    Some of my favorite tools are Ditto clipboard manager, QuickLook, Clover, ImageGlass, ShareX, and Notepad2-mod.

    Megalist of free & open-source apps I use on Windows (gourav.io)

    what are your favorite apps for Windows?

    submitted by /u/jerrygoyal
    [link] [comments]

    Any way to increase window border width in Win11?

    Posted: 14 Jun 2022 08:33 AM PDT

    I've looked everywhere and can't find anything for Win11 which leads me to believe it's not possible. I've tried WinAeroTweaker and regedits but they don't have any affect.

    Is there a third party app that can increase the width?

    The problem is with a lot of Windows open it's not always obvious which window is active when you're tabbing back and forth a lot

    submitted by /u/AxelJShark
    [link] [comments]

    Unactivated windows 10 affects performance for gaming?

    Posted: 14 Jun 2022 09:41 AM PDT

    Hello, I would like to know if unactivated windows limits fps when gaming?

    submitted by /u/Kunflex
    [link] [comments]

    Question ⁉️🙏🙇

    Posted: 14 Jun 2022 05:14 AM PDT

    HI EXPERTS, have a silly questions suppose one of my application Adobe shows 10gb in appwiz.cpl (program control) and i believe same is been utilising my 10gv from local c drive from program data x86 folder 📂....

    But when I checked the size of folder its seems to be different does that mean it consumes double storage of my local 1. App and 2. Program files x86🤔🙇

    submitted by /u/Chotha_bachha_hu_mai
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel