• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Tuesday, August 13, 2019

    My Computer Still Turns on at Night Tech Support

    My Computer Still Turns on at Night Tech Support


    My Computer Still Turns on at Night

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 06:24 PM PDT

    So, I thought it was the updates causing it to turn on at night. I checked on the logs and it said it was at midnight. I disabled it, but it still turned on. I checked the logs this time, but it didn't show anything about an update last night. I checked the bios and again I couldn't find anything about it turning on at night. A month ago I did a clean install to fix the problem (and a couple of other ones) and it seemed to work great, but it seems like it has come back for some reason. I haven't downloaded anything that could possibly be malicious. I don't know what to do.

    Specs: Alienware 17r3
    8gb of ram
    Intel Core i7-6700HQ
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 970m

    submitted by /u/MesserUp_
    [link] [comments]

    PC pressing keys by itself, even when keyboard not plugged in!

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 09:06 PM PDT

    TLDR; PC pressing the "-" key every few minutes or so without any USB devices plugged in, and on multiple OS's.

    I recently purchased a Razer Cynosa Chroma keyboard, and have noticed something strange. Every few minutes or so, the "-" key (minus key), gets pressed. I spoke with Razer support at length, and one of the tests I did was to remove all the keyboard drivers and see if it still happens - well actually I decided to detach EVERYTHING from my computer except the power cable, and monitor. The problem still occurs. I dual boot Windows 10 and Ubuntu, so I tested on the other OS, and the problem still persists, without anything plugged in. This is freakin weird. It's difficult for me to tell if it actually started at the same time I bought the new keyboard, as I was already having trouble with my previous keyboard (hence the replacement).

    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/framedump
    [link] [comments]

    Loud, incessant BEEEEEP until PC is shut down - everything else works fine.

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 12:55 AM PDT

    Hi everyone,

    I've been having this issue these past 2-3 days : Every time I boot my laptop, a loud, continuous BEEEEEEP is triggered. It doesn't stop until I either:

    1. Power off the PC
    2. Unplug my headphones and mute the audio (sweet relief)

    Other than that, everything else works perfectly - even audio files work great though the beep is still there and drowns out most of it.

    I checked the beep codes on the thinkwiki which pretty much lists one "long continuous beep" as a system board failure. However this is a bit confusing since the computer POSTS and boots into the OS normally. I ran BIOS diagnostics and all hardware components turned out fine. There's nothing amiss other than the beep. There seem to be no changes regardless of whether the laptop is plugged in or not. I first remember encountering the problem after plugging in an external HDD as the computer was booting.

    Here's a spec list:
    Model: Thinkpad E485
    CPU: Ryzen 5 2500U
    RAM: 8GB

    OS: Ubuntu MATE (NOTE: I had to add some kernel parameters to get it working)

    Any help is greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/BalancedBit
    [link] [comments]

    Monitor home WiFi?

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 07:14 AM PDT

    Is it possible for someone to monitor my home WiFi activity if they know my password or router information?

    submitted by /u/ebzie
    [link] [comments]

    0xc0000017 error while opening system apps such as taskmanager after a graphics driver update. Error doesnt appear in safe boot mode but only does in normal windows mode.

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 04:38 AM PDT

    0xc0000017 error while opening system apps such as taskmanager after a graphics driver update. Error doesnt appear in safe boot mode but only does in normal windows mode. I tried downgrading the driver and even removing it but it didnt work. I even reverted my computer to a previous windows quality update and updated to the latest version again in the hopes that the intallation process might fix some corrupted files but this too didn't work. I tried bcdedit via CMD to remove bad memory locations but that it didnt work and apparently my computer didnt have any locations flagged as badmemory.

    I am at a loss as to what to do about this. Can someone please help me ?

    submitted by /u/alanjoshua
    [link] [comments]

    Moving family business email onto Office 365 - anything I might have overlooked?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 03:17 AM PDT

    Hi! I hope this community would be able to tell me whether or not I've overlooked anything.

    I will soon be moving my parents' family business from the email service provided by the domain registrar, to office 365 / azure. I believe I have good reasons for the move, but I won't get into that here.

    Steps:

    1) Connect the domain to azure

    2) Take PST backups from outlook

    3) Configure emails in azure and adding records to domain registrar

    4) Import PST backups

    We have some redundant email accounts. I'm hoping to configure some of these as only a recipient without being a user account, and simply have them forward the emails to the account we are currently using. This will hopefully make it easier for my father to keep track of emails, as he currently has ~6 different accounts in his outlook. I'm assuming it won't be hard to figure out how to do this, and that I'll find solutions on google to whatever problems I might encounter.

    As we switch from redundant accounts, I would also like to import multiple .PST into a single account, and I'm assuming that won't be a problem.

    I was considering creating a test subdomain for the company, and test that everything is working there before doing the move with the live email accounts, but I'm uncertain regarding whether or not that's necessary. Any thoughts on this?

    Any downtime isn't really acceptable, so I'll likely do this at night, just in case problems were to emerge.

    Thoughts / opinions? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Almo96
    [link] [comments]

    My GPU died and I'm trying to resurrect it with the oven method

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 02:52 AM PDT

    Now, few days ago my GPU died and I have a question before I attempt the resurrection. Do I have to use the oven or are there other option for heating it up like a heat gun or soldering iron because I don't want to ruin the over.

    submitted by /u/aleksavlaisavljevic
    [link] [comments]

    LG smart TV closing apps

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 12:35 AM PDT

    This is an issue an a relatively new LG 4K smart tv.

    I mainly use 3 apps on the tv, Netflix, Hulu, and the WWE network. Recently, within the last week, I have been getting an error after about 15 minutes or so of using the WWE app that pops up on the screen and says something along the lines of "This app will now restart to free up memory". It then closes out the app and doesn't restart. Both Netflix and Hulu have been working with no issues.

    I did a quick Google search and found that this is a somewhat known issue with LG televisions. The sites I found said to try changing to where the TV actually shuts down instead of going into standby mode. I've done this and it hasn't solved the issue.

    I've looked for a way to try and clear the cache and have been unsuccessful, and the television itself still tells me that it has plenty of memory. I even went in and deleted some of the stock apps I don't use, such as Sling and YouTube.

    Does anyone have any suggestions on things to try, or a way to clear the cache that I'm not seeing?

    Also as I type this it has crossed my mind that I haven't tried deleting and reinstalling the app that is affected.

    Thanks everyone

    submitted by /u/T1MM3RMAN
    [link] [comments]

    Got Trojan virus.

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 06:04 PM PDT

    Antivirus (Kaspersky) detected Trojan and backdoor. It says the files are quarantined and the PC is secure. I have disabled wifi and ethernet and am now running full scan. A few questions.

    1. Kaspersky says no threats now. Should I worry no further?

    2. Both Trojan and backdoor came from VPN application that I have been using for years (Hide My Ass) Could it be false positive?

    3. I do not have system backup. What is my best option?

    submitted by /u/fuckbrave999
    [link] [comments]

    Repeater sometimes works sometimes doesn't

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 05:02 AM PDT

    I've set up a repeater TP-Link. I've done the setup and used for a while. It sometimes just decides to not work anymore. My PC and phone are both connected also i am posting this through Repeater, but PC can't access to the internet.

    I am suspicious of my pc catching a little bit of the root signal but not enough to fully connect and communicate with it while phone can only see the repeater SSID.

    Thanks in advance..

    submitted by /u/Enguzelharf
    [link] [comments]

    Help me please; Windows 10 update version 1903

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 05:00 AM PDT

    The installation just does not go through, i begin the install where it gets to 25% downloaded.

    However it becomes up with having a problem causing the download to become pending.

    The problem is that i apparently have Avast Antivirus installed and that i need to uninstall it, the fucking problem is i have sweeped my entire computer storage and apps, everything, i have never had nor will have used/had Avast Antivirus.

    Can someone please help me i cannot update because of this bullshit and i dont know the effects of not updating.

    Thanks,

    submitted by /u/Donafee
    [link] [comments]

    Computer won't start

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 04:39 AM PDT

    I was using my PC yesterday. Everything was fine and well, shut it down and went to sleep. Woke up today and I simply won't turn on. I press the power button and nothing happens

    submitted by /u/Yeetster3000
    [link] [comments]

    Day four of trying to fix my computer, i've tried so much at this point that i'm contemplating a new GPU.

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 04:36 AM PDT

    So, my computer goes entirely black after installing the game ready drivers, i've tried multiple versions. Heres whats consistent and what i've found.

    1)I can open safe mode, and install the game ready driver fully from there without it going into a complete black screen.

    2) Installing from normal mode causes it to black screen a quarter way through the installation.

    3) it doesnt matter if the newest windows ten updates are in or not, installing the game ready driver will always black screen it and cause my computer not to boot into normal mode.

    4) NGX always fails to install, nothing else.

    5)I have done several DDU sessions, and uninstalls. with and without auto-updates.

    6)I have completely wiped my pc five times now.

    7) I have used the same power settings for months now, and its only just now done this. changing these values have done nothing so far.(By this i mean power to the gpu and whatnot).

    8) I have tried to scan my system, nothing seems to appear wrong.

    9) I am using a RTX 2070, and its less than a year old, and less than six months in use, with no prior issues until this point.

    10) Removing the NVIDIA drivers with DDU allows me to normal boot again, but installing ANYTHING regarding the gpu itself will send me back into this loop.

    11) I have tried multiple versions of the Game Ready drivers, the newest, and some older ones that have worked prior(to my knowledge).

    12) Oddly enough, my option to go into sleep mode has ENTIRELY disappeared off windows, and if i let my pc idle when it ISNT broken beyond repair, it will go into a black screen similar to the reboot, but if i wiggle my mouse it 'wakes up'. The options to sleep and hibernate are not in any menu i've checked.

    If you need ANY more information, please ask and i'll try to answer to the best of my abilities.

    submitted by /u/McChickenfromWendys
    [link] [comments]

    Help booting problem

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 04:36 AM PDT

    When I boot up my computer, it doesn't display anything and i will wait 1-2hours then turn it off and on again and it will properly start the boot. I tried troubleshooting some parts, the Video Card and MotherBoard seems has no issue. I think the PSU might be the issue but i'm not really sure of it. Help

    submitted by /u/AKB_11
    [link] [comments]

    Video scheduler internal error on a new system.

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 04:31 AM PDT

    I am being plagued by this issue. It can happen at any time, when browsing the internet, when I switch between tabs or apps. I have reset my windows and deleted all files in the process, reinstalled the graphics drivers, updated the bios, ran a memtest with no problems, ran sfc/scannow with no corruption detected. Is there something I'm missing, besides faulty hardware?

    Here are my specs:
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3400G
    GPU: AMD Radeon(TM) RX Vega 11 Graphics
    Motherboard: MSI B450 Gaming Plus
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB DDR4-3000MHz
    SSD: Corsair Force MP510

    submitted by /u/MalFUNct10N
    [link] [comments]

    Why isn't Windows 10 recognizing my android phone?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 04:26 AM PDT

    It just starts charging it. I do not get a pop up message to choose to transfer files and nothing appears on the PC.

    I did not have any portable devices installed on device manager and when I tried to add legacy hardware it didn't work. Any tips?

    submitted by /u/tarankino
    [link] [comments]

    Would you still recommend speccy in 2019 and is it safe?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 04:23 AM PDT

    Title says it all. Thanks

    submitted by /u/angy3
    [link] [comments]

    PC keeps getting multiple BSoD

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 04:17 AM PDT

    I sold my PC recently, and he seems to be getting multiple BSoD errors to a point that he can't even open Chrome.

    The PC had dual-boot with Windows 10 and Linux Mint, I wanted to remove Linux Mint from the partition and I watched some youtube videos on how to remve it properly. However, I stumbled upon an error while removing Linux Mint from the partition. Whenever I wrote "bootrec.exe /fixboot" on the cmd, it would give me an error, and all fixes that are available on the internet that I could find were of no help. After that I reinstalled Windows 10 itself, deleted all partition from my ssd and cleaned it via cmd, Windows 10 was finally installed.

    Now here's the problem, the PC is now getting multiple bluescreens for no apparent reasons, such errors that he's seen is irqs not less or equal.

    submitted by /u/Adam_Karl239
    [link] [comments]

    My computer refuses to turn off.

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 04:10 AM PDT

    Whenever I turn off my computer with the button on the screen it always shuts off and then turns back on for a moment, and then shuts off or good finally. Should I be worried, is there anything I can do to make it stop?

    submitted by /u/idontnowwhyimhere
    [link] [comments]

    My LG g pad pro 7 LTE keeps spamming the words "google play store has stoped"

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 04:04 AM PDT

    About 1 week ago it started spamming "google play store has stoped" and i dont know how to make it stop

    submitted by /u/redstonem33boi
    [link] [comments]

    what can i do to defend against KRACK on mac?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 04:01 AM PDT

    title, i have an outdated/unsupported mac, my router is 99% vulnerable due to it being quite old, what can i do?

    submitted by /u/BrokenToaster12
    [link] [comments]

    Reflex //mcpe

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 03:53 AM PDT

    As i mentioned about Reflex and how his channel got deleted people are judging me for helping the kid do #Reflex to support him he has made a new channel hoping he won't make he the same mistake as last time Here is the channel linkYT Channel

    submitted by /u/RealHawkShard
    [link] [comments]

    help pls

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 03:48 AM PDT

    hi , my PC ran into automatic repair , and everything that I can use from there , is useless, it just get me back here , I have win 8.1

    can you help me please?

    submitted by /u/Edipscene
    [link] [comments]

    Minecraft won't run smooth, GTA V does?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 03:46 AM PDT

    Basically what said above. Minecraft is hella stuttering, GTA V (normal) isn't. Games like Overwatch on High aren't either.

    Minecraft is, every certain seconds no matter how high/low the settings.

    Pc Infos:

    Graphics; NVIDIA Geforce gtx 960
    Processor; Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20 GHz 3.20 GHz.
    Ram; 16GB
    New hard disk, 1TB.
    (dunno if important, windows 10)

    Yes, updated Java :I

    Thanks to anyone who'll reply

    submitted by /u/JudoCherry
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to mimic buttons being pressed/hold to 2nd PC via LAN?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 03:42 AM PDT

    I been looking for something like this.

    I have 2 PC connected to same network but I want my mouse buttons to mimic on my 2nd PC as well at sametime. Is there anyway to do this?

    submitted by /u/ExionHD
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel