• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Tuesday, August 13, 2019

    Need A portable Gaming Laptop

    Need A portable Gaming Laptop


    Need A portable Gaming Laptop

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 01:04 AM PDT

    so i am going to college in 3 months and my relative lives in usa.

    Budget:1800$

    i want to buy a laptop that can at least any upcoming intensive game at aleast 60 fps avg.plus i need it to be thin as i need it for potability.i really don't need that thin like mac ,razor blade or the stealth series.just something that i can take to my college.battery life at least 2-3 hour watching movies .hope you can suggest me a laptop

    submitted by /u/KillerD0n
    [link] [comments]

    Y540 vs Y545

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 06:32 PM PDT

    I'm having a difficult time choosing between the two.

    Lenovo Y540 - https://www.walmart.com/ip/Laptop-Storage-Hexa-Core-Processor-i7-9750H-GTX-PCIe-Black-Intel-GeForce-Y540-Nvidia-6GB-81SX00B5US-16GB-1660Ti-Core-Card-SSD-Memory-Graphics-512GB-L/425559304

    Lenovo Y545 - https://www.costco.com/Lenovo-LEGION-Y545-Gaming-Laptop---Intel-Core-i7---GeForce-GTX-1660Ti---144Hz-1080p-Display.product.100492301.html

    They are same price. Both are 144hz monitors and all the other features are more or less the same, the main difference being the hard disk size 512GB SSD (Y540) vs 1TB 7200rpm HDD + 526GB SSD (Y545) If I get the Y545 then I can get an extended two year warranty for free. On the other hand, I read that the the Y545 has some throttling and overheating issues. Can anyone recommend one of these deals or suggest a better current deal?

    submitted by /u/LaptopHelp42069
    [link] [comments]

    I need a new laptop for school! (USA, $800-900; 13-14 inches)

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 10:45 PM PDT

    Hello! My current laptop is dying after a good 4 years (rip Invincible :( ) Also, I'm on mobile so I hope I got the form right.

    Total budget and country of purchase - Preferred:800-900; Country of Purchase: USA

    Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money? Pick or include any that apply. - Best specifications for the price and battery life are both pretty important to me.

    How important is weight and thinness to you? -Weight is important to me as I will be carrying my future laptop on my back and to several different places.

    Which OS do you require? -Windows, please!

    Do you have a preferred screen size? -Ideal: 13- 14 inches

    Are you doing any CAD/ Video dieting/ Photo Editing/ gaming? List which programs/ games you desire to run. -Yes. I'd like to be able to run Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign and PremierPro. As for the games, I don't think I'll be running anything too heavy on it? The heaviest games I can think of are probably FFVII/ Child of Light/ Don't Starve Together? Also Streamlabs.

    If you're gaming, do you have certain games you want to play? At what settings and FPS do you want? -As this is a portable option, I don't mind playing games at medium quality. Just as long as I can play them without wanting to rip my hair out because of how slowly things are moving, I'll be fine.

    Any specific requirements such as a good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices? -I'm going to be doing a lot of writing so I think would like a good keyboard (although, I'm curious. What does a good laptop keyboard look/ feel like?). A backlit keyboard would be pretty cool but it isn't necessary in the slightest. I don't need a touch screen, fingerprint reader or optical drive but I'd like to have an HDMI port and at least 2 USB ports (it has admittedly been a while since I've been in the market for a laptop so I just want to be sure/ specific.) I would also like for the computer to last a while. I'm not particularly clumsy so there won't be any accidental spills or death drops.

    Leave any finishing thoughts here that you may feel necessary and beneficial to the discussion? -I'd really like to have a lot of a storage/ memory. I browsed through a couple of models in a few big box stores and was a little shocked at the storage options. I think my current/dying laptop (Acer R3-417- 54T1) was like 512gb? (I almost want to say it was 8/900 gb but I'm not 100% certain). At the very least, I know it was more than 256 gb which is what I saw at the store. The people who worked there assured me that the trade off for the storage was that it would be SSD. A friend who is way more tech-savvy than I am told me to look for something with an HDD. From what I've read, something with a mix is good? I think? Not quite sure. Either way, I would definitely appreciate help in looking for something to replace my laptop.

    Thanks a ton! :D

    submitted by /u/joseyjo
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a gaming/drawing laptop!

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 01:53 AM PDT

    Good day!

    I've been looking into getting a Surface (or other 2-in-1) for a while now with the intention of getting into drawing, plus using it for other productivity-based programs (The Adobe suite, for example). But, I also love gaming and have built several desktops for it in the past. I'd like to potentially see if there's anything out there that brings both worlds together.

    The ideal laptop I'm looking for would have the following traits: -At least a GTX 1060 -A better than average battery life -A good panel with above average color accuracy -1080p 120hz+ preferably -Pen support (And good pen support, not something with bad accuracy) -A decent keyboard

    I can't seem to find anything, but I figured a few extra minds helping me out wouldn't be such a bad idea. I'm personally not a stickler about looks, thickness or weight, so that won't be a huge issue as long as it's not an inch thick. Also, I don't have a set budget as I'm not strapped for cash at the moment, but obviously less expensive always gets bonus points. It would also be worthwhile to note that I haaaaate external drawing tablets, I'd much rather draw on the screen itself.

    Thanks in advance! If you have any questions, feel free to ask :)

    submitted by /u/Thunder0024
    [link] [comments]

    Torn between a gaming and a business laptop

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 11:17 PM PDT

    I do a lot of development, VMs, oracle installation, so I need a beast. Occasional gaming CoD, BF etc. Always use an external monitor Dell Ultrasharp U2715H unless I am in some cafe browsing reddit. I am looking for a i9-9980H(K) probably? I don't mind if the video card is not the best, 1650 would do I guess... 64 max RAM is a bonus.

    • Total budget and country of purchase:

    $2200 US or EU, I will be forwarding to my country then

    • Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money? Pick or include any that apply.

    best specifications

    • How important is weight and thinness to you?

    not important

    • Which OS do you require? Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Linux.

    Windows

    • Do you have a preferred screen size? If indifferent, put N/A.

    15.6"

    • Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run.

    Oracle database, development in Visual Studio, occasional gaming CoD, Battlefield and similar

    • If you're gaming, do you have certain games you want to play? At what settings and FPS do you want?

    CoD, Battlefiel not sure about FPS tbh

    • Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)?

    best NVMe like Samsung 970 EVO Pro or similar. Or possibility to upgrade later. 64 Max RAM would be nice, but I guess I will be fine with 32 GB for the next 2-3 years of laptop life.

    • Leave any finishing thoughts here that you may feel are necessary and beneficial to the discussion.
    submitted by /u/bravehead
    [link] [comments]

    Laptop for Productivity + Light Gaming | Lenovo L340 or Y540 or ???

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 01:25 AM PDT

    Details at the bottom

    • Total budget and country of purchase:

    Preferably less than $1k, USA

    • Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money? Pick or include any that apply.

    Best specifications for the money

    • How important is weight and thinness to you?

    I'd prefer to be lightweight, since I'll be moving around most of the time.

    • Which OS do you require? Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Linux.

    Windows

    • Do you have a preferred screen size? If indifferent, put N/A.

    Preferably 15"

    • Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run.

    Light gaming. Will be studying most of the time.

    • If you're gaming, do you have certain games you want to play? At what settings and FPS do you want?

    The time i'm not studying, I'll be playing DotA 2 | 60+ fps medium settings. |

    • Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)?

    Here is the catch. I'm really peaky with build quality. I'd like for it to look stylish and a narrow bezel display. Plus, lenovo is the brand that I like. Not a fan of Acer and HP.

    • Leave any finishing thoughts here that you may feel are necessary and beneficial to the discussion.

    The truth is I don't even know which graphics card to choose, or which is the right one.

    I was thinking on getting the Lenovo L340 15 " Gaming, with the i7-9750H + GTX 1050 3GB, 1TB HDD w/o SSD for $770 USD. There is the i7-9750H + GTX 1650 4GB, No HDD w/ 256GB SDD. It got the stylish look that I'm looking for, but I'm not sure if is the best for my money.

    There is the Lenovo Y540, the cheapest of all with a i7-9750H + GTX 1650 4GB, 1TB HDD + 256GB SSD for $900. I wish I could go for the 1660Ti but I can't go over budget :(. Narrow bezel display, made out of plastic (which worries me), not a fan of the trackpad, not sure if it truly looks stylish irl.

    You can suggest any other laptop as well, I'm open to suggestions. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/RedzStar
    [link] [comments]

    Want an amazing gaming laptop, need help please!

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 01:13 AM PDT

    So I travel a decent amount so having a laptop just work outs a lot better for me. I'm not too worried about a budget but obviously want the best bang for buck. I love to play heavy modded Skyrim, Fallout, CoD, looking forward to Destiny when it comes out on Steam, Monster Hunter World, Overwatch, MK11 all types of games like that and I'd love to play on High at 60 FPS if possible. I currently have a laptop with a 1050TI and I should have just went all out when I purchashed my laptop but I don't know a lot so that's why I need help please. Any recommendations is appreciated and like I said don't worry about posting any amazing laptop despite the price. If it's worth it I'll pay extra! Thank you

    * **Total budget and country of purchase:** Budget does not matter and USA

    * **Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money? Pick or include any that apply.** Decent battery life and just a good bang for your buck

    * **How important is weight and thinness to you?** Weight is not important and neither is thinness

    * **Which OS do you require? Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Linux.** Windows is required

    * **Do you have a preferred screen size? If indifferent, put N/A.** Minimum of 15.6"

    * **Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run.** I plan on gaming with it and some editing through blender and nifskope

    * **If you're gaming, do you have certain games you want to play? At what settings and FPS do you want?** I play a lot of RPG's, FPS's, I love Skyrim, GTA, Monster Hunter World as for examples of types of games I play

    * **Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)?** A good touch pad would be nice, the one on my laptop has been getting a lot of wear on it already

    * **Leave any finishing thoughts here that you may feel are necessary and beneficial to the discussion.** As stated before I just care about a really good all around laptop with a great graphics card and specs to run most of my games at 60FPS as best as possible. I don't know too much about the differences between the 1060 to 2060 or 1070 to 2070 comparing GTX to RTX so any advice and recommendations is appreciated!

    submitted by /u/SevenSwords97
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Air 13 vs Asus ZenBook 13 UX331FN vs Xiaomi Mi Air

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 04:24 AM PDT

    Hello everyone!

    So I am looking for a 13,3"-14" inch ultrabook that is suitable for graphic design and photo editing (I am mostly talking about PS, Illustrator, InDesign, Lightroom... maybe some light CAD and videoediting). You will see what my preferences are in the form, but these are my options so far.

    Xiaomi Mi Air 13,3" (Intel Core i5-8250U 1.6GHz ,Nvidia GeForce MX150, 8GB DDR4, 256GB SSD) - I really like the design of this notebook and the fact that it has a dedicated GPU. Not sure if it is worth the money. I am guessing that this should be a good choice if I care a lot about appearances.

    Apple MacBook Air 13 Mid 2017 (Intel Core i5-5350U 1.8 GHz, 8GB DDR3, Intel HD 6000, 128GB SSD) - I am afraid this notebook just doesn't brings enough to the table and won't be able to perform the tasks I would like to do on my notebook. I was told that it might have serious problems when working on bigger projects and is not designed for graphical work (also for the price of his notebook, I could choose the others that have better specifications. Unfortunately I can't afford a Macbook Pro). Even though Mac is the standard in the industry I am not sure whether this would be the right choice.

    Asus Zenbook 13 UX331FN (Intel Core i5-8265U 1.60GHz, 8GB DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce MX150, 256GB SSD) - This one would be my go to choice as it has (in my opinion) a really good price/value, but it is not as beautiful as the previously mentioned notebooks. Some general concerns about graphic design that I would like you to answer (sorry if this misses the sub, just ignore it):

    Which is the acceptable color coverage for graphic design laptops (both sRGB and aRGB)?

    Will it be really hard to work on a 13,3" laptop and should I later on buy a separate screen?

    Is a 2in1 laptop a huge advantage in designing or not really?

    All in all, what would be your go to laptop (feel free to pick one that is not on my list)?

    Total budget and country of purchase:

    cca. 1000 USD, Croatia/Hungary

    Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money? Pick or include any that apply.

    I would like to have a decent battery life, but it is not my highest priority.

    How important is weight and thinness to you?

    I really want in to be portable, so a thin and lightweight laptop would be ideal for me.

    Which OS do you require? Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Linux.

    Mac or Windows

    Do you have a preferred screen size? If indifferent, put N/A.

    13,3"-14"

    Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run.

    Already listed above, but I would like to do photo editing, graphic designing a bit of CAD (Adobe programs)

    If you're gaming, do you have certain games you want to play? At what settings and FPS do you want?

    N/A

    Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)?

    It would be nice to have a card reader (not microSD but SD), a reliable build would be nice but I dont have really high expectations from an ultrabook in this price range.

    Leave any finishing thoughts here that you may feel are necessary and beneficial to the discussion.

    I listed everything above.

    Thank you for helping me.

    submitted by /u/blazso
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a Laptop for University (UK, ~£400-700)

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 04:18 AM PDT

    Total budget and country of purchase:

    • I would like to spend between £400 and £700 and purchase from the United Kingdom.

      Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money? Pick or include any that apply:

    • Battery life is somewhat important but I would prioritise specs as I will use the laptop for programming.

    How important is weight and thinness to you?

    • Weight and thinness are quite important as I will be travelling with the laptop to University several days a week and don't want a very weighty laptop.

    Which OS do you require?

    • I would prefer a Windows OS but Linux is also acceptable.

    Do you have a preferred screen size?

    • N/A

    Are you doing an CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming?

    • I will primarily be using the laptop for small programming tasks (Java or C in Netbeans and Html and CSS in Notepad++) or note taking (In Microsoft Word or any similar program)
    • I may also use the laptop for some low intensity games in between lectures

      If you're gaming, do you have certain games you want to play?

    • I will likely play simple games like Binding of Isaac: Rebirth and Stardew Valley, nothing CPU intensive. As long as I have 30FPS at medium settings I will be okay.

      Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)?

    • I would like a decent keyboard as I will be using the laptop for programming and a good keyboard will make this task easier.

    • Reliable build quality would also be nice to have as I don't want to have to purchase a new laptop a year later due to damage.

      Leave any finishing thoughts here that you may feel are necessary and beneficial to the discussion.

    • As long as the laptop runs at a decent speed and can compute simple programming tasks I am open to any decent laptops and personal recommendations.

    • I don't mind having either an SSD or HDD (or both) as long as there is some storage space for Programming tasks.

    submitted by /u/Pick_Me_15
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for 2 in 1 Notebook, budget 830€

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 04:11 AM PDT

    • Total budget and country of purchase: 830€ , Germany
    • Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money? Pick or include any that apply. 2 in 1 , good battery life, best specifications for the money
    • How important is weight and thinness to you? Doesn't matter
      • Which OS do you require? Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Linux. -Windows
    • Do you have a preferred screen size? If indifferent, put N/A. Should be bigger than 13 inch
    • Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run. Photoshop, Illustrator, Office programs. Pretty much designing, photo editing
    • If you're gaming, do you have certain games you want to play? At what settings and FPS do you want? I'm not gonna play games on this notebook
    • Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)? The build quality shoukd be good and the touch-screen should be very responsive without lag, and an aux input
    • Leave any finishing thoughts here that you may feel are necessary and beneficial to the discussion. I will use the 2 in 1 notebook for graphic designing and school. It will be nice if you can recommend me a good stylus too, a thin one with good response and sensivity
    submitted by /u/RaulCiuc
    [link] [comments]

    I'm looking for a new laptop

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 03:59 AM PDT

    • Total budget and country of purchase: Total budget: Vietnam, 21 000 000 VND

    • Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money? Pick or include any that apply. Best specs/2 in 1 > Good battery life

    • How important is weight and thinness to you? Anything will do, but not too heavy and thick.

    • Which OS do you require? Windows.

    • Do you have a preferred screen size? 14 inch or greater.

    • Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run. I use Photoshop and play games from time to time.

    • If you're gaming, do you have certain games you want to play? At what settings and FPS do you want? I mostly play The Sims 4. I don't mind Low settings and 30 FPS.

    • Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)? It'd be a great bonus if it has a touch screen.

    submitted by /u/neuresine
    [link] [comments]

    HP Spectre 360 or Dell xps Ice Lake

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 03:19 AM PDT

    So, last week I bought an HP Spectre 360 i7 16gb ram 512gb sd 4k touch

    Then the dell ice lake was announced :/

    Should I return it and order the new Dell 2-in-1?

    I have a back up laptop so I can wait till September.

    ugh, having my buyers remorse

    submitted by /u/KidddIcarus
    [link] [comments]

    Is this a good deal? Lenovo T440s I7-4600u, 12GB RAM and 256gb of SSD for 170$

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 11:26 PM PDT

    Just wandering if anyone could help me identify if this is a good deal or not. The notebook is in overall good shape.

    submitted by /u/thatcoolguy27
    [link] [comments]

    Need recommendations on where to get a used Macbook

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 07:31 PM PDT

    My girlfriend is going to be taking a few classes in the next few semesters and is dead set on a Mac. Please don't suggest getting a PC, I've tried and it just leads to arguments.

    My question is what is the best way to go about getting a used MacBook (looking to spend about 500) that will be generally reliable for the next two years or so.

    I'd also be interested to know if there's the ability to fix these as she's always taken them into the Apple store and had Apple Care. As far as I've been informed they won't fix anything that wasn't bought from their store.

    Edit: Form

    • Total budget and country of purchase: $500 - US (WI)

    • Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money? Pick or include any that apply. Good battery life and reliability are most important

      • How important is weight and thinness to you? Will be traveling to school so thin is nice but not necessary
    • Which OS do you require? Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Linux. Mac

      • Do you have a preferred screen size? If indifferent, put N/A. 15"
      • Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run. Nothing to crazy, mainly word and Excel
    • If you're gaming, do you have certain games you want to play? At what settings and FPS do you want? Not gaming

    • Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)? Reliability is nice

    • Leave any finishing thoughts here that you may feel are necessary and beneficial to the discussion. As stated above looking to probably purchase used as that is the best way to find a Mac in her price range but want to know the best way to go about not getting screwed and buying a lemon

    submitted by /u/MinnyWild11
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a bezel-less screen design with gtx 1050 ti

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 10:45 PM PDT

    **Total budget and country of purchase:**

    $2000 or less

    **Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money? Pick or include any that apply.**

    good battery above all of that

    **How important is weight and thinness to you?**

    not too bulky, preferably thin and portable

    * **Which OS do you require? Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Linux.**

    windows

    **Do you have a preferred screen size? If indifferent, put N/A.**

    no resolutions higher than 1080p

    **Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run.**

    minecraft, rainbow six siege, video editing, and photo editing

    **If you're gaming, do you have certain games you want to play? At what settings and FPS do you want?**

    60fps constant in Siege/Minecraft

    **Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)?**

    thin bezel, no big chin, good battery life, good thermals

    **Leave any finishing thoughts here that you may feel are necessary and beneficial to the discussion.**

    submitted by /u/Intelligibilityy
    [link] [comments]

    £500, UK - looking for a portable laptop, not a netbook

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 02:13 AM PDT

    Hi there! I would totally follow the Quick Picks or the Lappy List, but I can't find exact equivalents for the under-£500 ones inside the UK! Just translating those to the UK would be enough for me :)

    I have a netbook currently, and it just can't handle what I'm trying to do, so just looking for a machine to upgrade to.

    • Total budget and country of purchase: £500, UK!
    • Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money? Pick or include any that apply. Best specifications for the money are what I've been looking at, due to my low budget - with a secondary focus on battery life, as I'll be working on the move.
    • How important is weight and thinness to you? Fairly, as I tend to work on the go, but I'll take what I can get for the price.
    • Which OS do you require? Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Linux. Windows, sadly.
    • Do you have a preferred screen size? If indifferent, put N/A. N/A
    • Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run. Yes - I need to run a lot of assistive technology software for work, such as Dragon and ClaroRead. That's why I need a new laptop! I currently have an ASUS X205T, and while I'm amazed it's survived this long, it just doesn't have the storage space!
    • If you're gaming, do you have certain games you want to play? At what settings and FPS do you want? I don't really game. Very light, small things.
    • Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)? Ease of use (i.e. not a Lenovo T430) and build quality are important to me, but "good enough" is good enough, considering the price.
    • Leave any finishing thoughts here that you may feel are necessary and beneficial to the discussion. N/A :)
    submitted by /u/gelberi
    [link] [comments]

    Acer Helios 300 vs Lenovo Y540 (2019)

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 07:43 AM PDT

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyggQzZmM4I

    I just want to share this underrated video that has an in-depth comparison of both great cheap yet high performing laptops of this current year.

    submitted by /u/Qwenthur
    [link] [comments]

    Need a new laptop for engineering/computer science

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 10:04 PM PDT

    Need something lightweight and that can dual boot linux and windows effectively and run programs and code quickly

    • Total budget and country of purchase:

    Under $1k canadian

    • Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money? Pick or include any that apply.

    best specs for money, light weight and battery life are most important, in that order

    • How important is weight and thinness to you?

    very important, must have for me

    • Which OS do you require? Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Linux.

    windows, going to dual boot with linux preferrably

    • Do you have a preferred screen size? If indifferent, put N/A. N/A

    • Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run.

    no gaming, no CAD or editing

    • If you're gaming, do you have certain games you want to play? At what settings and FPS do you want? N/A

    • Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)?

    good keyboard would be nice, if too small then i would think about a different option. nothing else required or wanted

    submitted by /u/jackmakesblackjacks
    [link] [comments]

    Too good to be true?

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 07:46 PM PDT

    Hey guys,

    Been trying to do my due diligence and came across this deal online.

    It looks like it has the processor, ram, and SSD needed to be a solid machine for the next few years all for under $400.

    As someone who is coming up to speed on all the options, what do you guys think?

    For web browsing, word processing, Excel, and general home/office use how does this laptop stack up?

    https://www.costco.com/.product.1349813.html

    Seems like a steal for the price, but figured I'd defer to those more knowledgeable.

    Here's my survey:

    Total budget and country of purchase: $600, U.S

    Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money? Best specs for the money with 6 or more hours of battery life

    How important is weight and thinness to you? I'm hoping for something in the 13-14 inch size range, and as a result something weighing 3-4lbs or less

    Which OS do you require? Windows

    Do you have a preferred screen size? 13-14 inches

    Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run: Mainly using the computer for Microsoft Office, Web Browsing, and Media viewing.

    If you're gaming, do you have certain games you want to play? At what settings and FPS do you want? I

    I really don't game hardly ever, but I'd likely be satisfied with low settings on most games.

    Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)?

    I'm hoping to find something reliable/advanced enough to last a few years. A good keyboard and something with high brightness/high res screen would also be nice.

    Leave any finishing thoughts here that you may feel are necessary and beneficial to the discussion: In general, I'm looking for something with an i5/Ryzen 5 processor, with at least 8 GB of ram and a 128 GB SSD. I figure I can upgrade the memory/SSD later if needed.

    Thanks,

    submitted by /u/CDaltanian
    [link] [comments]

    College/General Use Laptop Under $1000 USD

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 09:43 PM PDT

    * **Total budget and country of purchase:*\*

    Max: $1000

    Leaning towards $500

    I would really want it to be around $300-400 dollars (USD). Cheaper the better!

    * **Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money?

    Best Specs > 2 in 1 > Good Battery

    **How important is weight and thinness to you?*\*

    Thinner and lighter the better!

    * **Which OS do you require?

    I am going to nursing school and normal college courses like English, etc. I watch a lot of youtube, maybe a little Netflix. I just need a typewriter with internet. Something that can surf the web and do school work, maybe watch a few videos or movies here and there. With that said, I really don't know which is best for me, I like chromebook because they are cheaper, however I understand Windows is more of a "real" OS.

    **Do you have a preferred screen size?

    11.6 - 13.3, Main theme: The smaller and lighter, the better.

    **Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run.*\*

    A device that supports drawing apps would be cool, but I really do not care if it doesn't. Need > Want

    **Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)?*\*

    Something that lasts long, years.

    **Leave any finishing thoughts here that you may feel are necessary and beneficial to the discussion.** -fill here, remove dashes-

    If you can't find anything I understand, if you could just point me in the right direction as in what I should look for in a good computer? What RAM, Storage, etc.

    Is 128 Gb SSD enough for a Windows 10 w/4 Gb RAM? The HP Pavilion x360 (11.6) is for $300 and has these specs, but is running a pentium which I hear sucks.

    Thoughts on $200 VivoBook (L203MA), 4Gb RAM w/64 eMMC Windows 10? Lenovo Flex 6 Renewed = same specs & price

    Acer Spin 1: $250 4gb/64gb 11.6 Windows 10

    submitted by /u/DistraugtlyDistractd
    [link] [comments]

    Laptop for work- US - screen=13-15", budget=USD$1000

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 09:10 PM PDT

    It's time for a new work (life) laptop. Here are the options my boss gave me:

    *1. Macbook Air

    *2. HP Envy x360 2-in-1

    I have used a 2011 13" Macbook Pro for the past 8 years without a single issue, only a minor hardware upgrade a few years ago. I felt like I spent my life savings on it at the time, yet it was worth every penny. Mr. Reliable. Now it is 2019. I've used Mac my whole computing life (20yrs), but I'm good enough with computers that I can manage on Windows if I must. But is it time to convert to a Windows user? I know the HP model above has better specs....but is it a quality machine that will hold up, never let me down, let me work with 10 excel spreadsheets and 10 word documents and 30 internet tabs open a the same time? I never got a single virus on my Mac, is that still an issue with Windows?

    The 2-in-1 feature is an enigma to me. I've only ever used my phone by touch (never owned a tablet), so it seems like a feature I never knew I needed or wanted in a laptop. Will I really use my laptop to handwrite notes in a meeting and convert to typed notes? I don't draw or edit for my job, so do I really need it?

    I know the Windows devises have more port choices, but I'm pretty used to the dongle game being a mac user. Once you pimp out your office desk with your favorite accessories or adapters, is it really that big of a deal? Am I putting up with ridiculous inflexibility with my Mac?

    • Total budget and country of purchase: US $1000

    • Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money? Pick or include any that apply. Best reliability in the price range

    • How important is weight and thinness to you? I will take to meetings and conferences, but 95% of the time, I am just transporting from work to home and back again. I am used to a 13" Macbook Pro, so pretty small and heavy.

    • Which OS do you require? Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Linux. I prefer and have used Mac all my computing life (20 yrs) but am adept enough to find my way around Windows if I have to.

    • Do you have a preferred screen size? If indifferent, put N/A. N/A because I always use my secondary 24" monitor.

    • Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run. No video/editing/gaming. Just lots and lots of Excel spreadsheets, Word docs, and Internet browsing.

    • If you're gaming, do you have certain games you want to play? At what settings and FPS do you want? n/a

    • Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)? I need a numeric keypad, but I'm use to relying on a usb accessory pad. Finger-print reader sounds awesome since I'm not great with passwords. I've never had a touchscreen other than my phone (not even a tablet), so I'm just not used to that luxury...I assume once you have it, there is no going back(?)

    • Leave any finishing thoughts here that you may feel are necessary and beneficial to the discussion. Maybe this is all just an existential mac vs windows internal debate. I'll gladly accept links to good articles on the matter.

    submitted by /u/stonescience
    [link] [comments]

    Ultrabook gaming laptop?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 12:45 AM PDT

    * **Total budget and country of purchase:**

    1500-2200 AUD Australia

    * **Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money? Pick or include any that apply.**

    Best specs, Graphical performance and decent battery

    * **How important is weight and thinness to you?**

    Weight is no issue, but i do like the ultrabook form factor, I hate gaming laptop aesthetics

    * **Which OS do you require? Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Linux.**

    windows

    * **Do you have a preferred screen size? If indifferent, put N/A.**

    15 Inches +

    * **Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run.**

    Occasional photoshop and video editing, medium gaming

    * **If you're gaming, do you have certain games you want to play? At what settings and FPS do you want?**

    Hold 60 fps at medium/high settings. Mostly car games

    * **Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)?**

    Good build quality, thunderbolt charging.

    * **Leave any finishing thoughts here that you may feel are necessary and beneficial to the discussion.**

    I dont care about ram and storage as long as i can upgrade it myself. but at least 8gb ram and ssd storage of 512gb

    submitted by /u/skitzy7
    [link] [comments]

    Inexpensive buisness laptop (+ gaming)?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 12:26 AM PDT

    I Total budget and country of purchase:

    Preferably less than $300, USA

    • Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money? Pick or include any that apply.

      Id say best specifications for the money.

    • How important is weight and thinness to you?

      I'd prefer if this was easy to carry around, but it's not the most important thing.

    • Which OS do you require? Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Linux.

      I think Windows would be best, but I am not sure. My hope is that my boyfriend can use it mainly for work, but I'd also really like it if he could play newer video games too.

    • Do you have a preferred screen size? If indifferent, put N/A.

    N/A

    • Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run.

    N/A

    • If you're gaming, do you have certain games you want to play? At what settings and FPS do you want?

    I'd really like this to be able to run Starcraft 2 at middle to high settings without freezing/crashing or other issues. If it can also play newer games without issues, that would be even better.

    • Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)?

    • Leave any finishing thoughts here that you may feel are necessary and beneficial to the discussion.

      My boyfriend is a buisnessman type, and really needs a new work laptop to use for his projects (nothing too intensive, just for Microsoft Word, Excel, etc). He's also into video games, and while I know laptops aren't as good as PCs for them, I would love it if it worked well with newer games and supported 1080p or higher. I'm in college, and while I don't want it to be a bad laptop, if there is something below $300 that fits my specifications I would really appreciate it. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/Ppprinter
    [link] [comments]

    13.3"-15.6" General Purpose (browsing, streaming, music, etc.) Laptop. USA. $600-$750

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 08:10 PM PDT

    • Total budget and country of purchase: USA. Ideal budget is $600-$750 but willing to go up a bit if necessary for the specs. After all, paying a premium for something you know will last can be worth it.

    • Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money? Pick or include any that apply. 2 in 1 is neither a bonus or a detractor. Touch screen is nice though, but not necessary. Good battery life is also a plus and is fairly necessary. Good specs are a bonus but not quite as necessary (would definitely prefer better than an i3 though...)

    • How important is weight and thinness to you? Mid tier on the priority list. I don't want anything super clunky but don't leave a recommendation out just because it might be a bit unwieldy.

    • Which OS do you require? Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Linux. Gotta be Windows. Should be Windows 10 I guess.

    • Do you have a preferred screen size? If indifferent, put N/A. Eh, either 13.3" or 15.6" works! No bigger than 15.6" though

    • Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run. None of the above.

    • If you're gaming, do you have certain games you want to play? At what settings and FPS do you want? No gaming. Would rather not have a dedicated card as they are really unnecessary for this use case

    • Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)? Good keyboard & reliable build quality are what I'm really looking for. Optical drive/fingerprint reader are completely unnecessary. Would like at least 1 standard USB 3.0 port for easy use. As I mentioned before, touch screen would be nice, though not necessary.

    • Leave any finishing thoughts here that you may feel are necessary and beneficial to the discussion. This is for my brother, he's going to be starting his freshman year of college. He needs a nice, snappy laptop that will feel good and do the job. I don't think he'll be using it for anything much more intense than browsing, listening to music, word/powerpoint/excel. SSD drive is highly preferred. 1080p preferred.

     

    My 3 highest priorities for this laptop are (in order):

    • Good build quality (ideally including screen) and keyboard
    • SSD Drive (256GB is ideal but could settle for 128GB)
    • Quick and Snappy user experience

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/kellermrtn
    [link] [comments]

    A work laptop that can play Starcraft 2?

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 11:51 PM PDT

    I am looking for a laptop for my boyfriend for his Birthday. He is a classic buisnessman type, and really needs a new work laptop that he can use for his projects (nothing too intensive, just for Microsoft Word, Excel, etc). He is also really into video games, and while I atleast know laptops aren't as good as PCs for them, I would love it if it could atleast play Starcraft 2 and support 1080p. I don't have the most money, and while I don't want it to be a bad laptop, but if there is something below $300 I would really appreciate it.

    submitted by /u/Ppprinter
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel