• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Friday, June 17, 2022

    Samsung Note 8 Upgrade -> Note 20U?

    Samsung Note 8 Upgrade -> Note 20U?


    Note 8 Upgrade -> Note 20U?

    Posted: 17 Jun 2022 07:52 AM PDT

    Alright people, so, I've been using a Note 8 for a while now. Probably 4 years as I didnt get it the year it dropped. I love it and had another Note (dont remember which at this point) before it.

    I need a new phone now as mine has only been able to charge via wireless chargers for a while and AUX died before that. I dont mind that except if I dont bring my own charger, I'm screwed with battery life normally.

    So the question... what's the right upgrade?

    Seeing complaints about battery life with the 20U but I'm already kinda used to that. Are there any other issues people are having? UI bugs? Bluetooth issues? Overheating?

    submitted by /u/CriusControl
    [link] [comments]

    How many of you have upgraded your s20 to s22?

    Posted: 17 Jun 2022 11:43 AM PDT

    So of course it's coming up on 2 years of owning my s20+ I'm still on the fence about upgrading. For me the esim seems to justify the upgrade as I am on firstnet too so I'm stuck with the snapdragon variant. I see Samsung is still incentivizing upgrading so I'm on the fence if it's worthwhile to upgrade or should I wait untill this phone craps out?

    submitted by /u/ikemeister01
    [link] [comments]

    S22 Ultra - 8 Gb vs 12 Gb RAM

    Posted: 17 Jun 2022 06:02 AM PDT

    Anyone with real experience comment on the difference between 8 Gb and 12 Gb of RAM on the S22 Ultra? I'm a fairly heavy "office app" user - Teams, Outlook, Office, OneNote (looking forward to the S-Pen), can be heavy PPT slide decks et.c.

    For some reason our designated supplier at work only has the 8 Gb variant... go figure 🙄 so getting the 12 Gb if at all possible will require jumping through hoops... but if I'm keeping the damn thing for 4-5 years I want something solid.

    Also, waiting for S2x model is not an option. Need a new one now. Other brands are also a no-go.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/BotdogX
    [link] [comments]

    Long time Galaxy user. No more SD cards time to switch to Apple?

    Posted: 17 Jun 2022 02:26 PM PDT

    With the removal of the SD card slot is there any reason to keep using a Samsung phone? I had the Galaxy S6,S8,S9, and currently using the note 20 ultra. As a former Verizon sales rep there were things that I liked about both and disliked, but losing this SD card slot is really bugging me. I've had a macbook for years, ipads, but kept the Samsung phones because of how they were. Also as a former rep a lot of all phones are not built to last. A phone if you're lucky you get 3 good years out of before experiencing lots of problems. Whereas a computer for the same price will last longer than 3 years and has the potential to make a person a lot more money by knowing how to use it.

    submitted by /u/owenjb
    [link] [comments]

    deep scratches on Galaxy watch 4 1 month in?

    Posted: 17 Jun 2022 01:49 PM PDT

    Is this normal? What gives? My 5 year old gear didnt scratch this easily. Galaxy watch 4 scratches https://imgur.com/a/iaRfyeE

    submitted by /u/ragingseaturtle
    [link] [comments]

    Samsung Warranty

    Posted: 17 Jun 2022 01:42 PM PDT

    I'm at a loss here for what to do... I started noticed 3 faint lines at the top of the folding screen (sorry, Z fold 3). Seemed like a defect with the screen protector so I removed it. Nope, it is on the screen itself, it looks like 3 hairline cracks that have been getting larger with use. I decided to reach out to samsung for warranty and was first offered to trade it for an s22 ultra, then offered samsungs insurance, and then finally was told that I broke the screen and they wouldn't cover it. Strike 1... So after some research I found out about ubreakifix. I took it to the nearest store, where they told me it would be covered under warranty normally BUT samsung has not been supplying them with parts to fix the folds. Strike 2... Decided then to look for the nearest bestbuy that is a samsung service center. They took the phone to repair under warranty. Great! well 5 days later they tell me that samsung will not send parts to them to fix the phone. and that I would again have to try with samsung support directly. At which point even if I manage to get them to accept the claim and deal with them trying to get me to pay for repairs.. I will have to mail it to them, and be without the phone for however long that process takes... samsung is making fixing these phones so damn difficult... WHY?

    submitted by /u/IcyChemical3661
    [link] [comments]

    Will any one connect work on any TV

    Posted: 17 Jun 2022 12:58 PM PDT

    Hi, just wondering if I can purchase any one connect box and cable, I need a replacement for a 2017 QLED.

    submitted by /u/GINTO199
    [link] [comments]

    Samsung needs to improve on official availability on amazon (in europe at least)

    Posted: 17 Jun 2022 11:31 AM PDT

    Buying a samsung product on amazon (as title says, im in europe so cant comment elsewhere) is more often than not a pain in the back. Why? Because most of the time the product is always sold and shipped by third party shops and not by amazon itself. Whats the problem with third party shops? Nothing in theory, but in practice there isnt one with half decent reviews. Full of people getting different products than what they ordered, orders never shipped, fake tracking codes, denied refunds, ghost assistance etc.

    If you are lucky, sometimes you need to browse the vendor list and you actually find a sold and shipped by amazon, but id say that 50% of the time it is just out of stock "officially". I've been monitoring a few samsung products that i wanna buy and maybe they appear for a week, then disappear for two, reappear for few days away for a week and so on. Just open any samsung product page with a price tracker and you will see what im saying. For some products it is worse than others. Had a look at amazon france, italy, spain and germany and saw the same trend, but i bet that if i went to other nations pages id see the same.

    Sometimes there are even different pages for the same product, one where it is sold and shipped by amazon and one with third party stores. Needless to say that it is confusing for the customer and that the third party product has always worse reviews (Despite being the same exact product) because of what i said above.

    submitted by /u/Darkray1002
    [link] [comments]

    Need help deciding between A52S, A53 and S20FE

    Posted: 17 Jun 2022 08:55 AM PDT

    Hey guys, I know this has been asked plenty of times but I feel like it heavily depends on the prices which are different for each region and time.

    Currently, the prices are A52S for €310, A53 for €345, and S20FE for €400.

    What is important for me:

    • Price (at first I wanted to buy a phone for like €250 but went down the rabbit hole and kept finding about different models... you probably know the drill - that being said if I am to spend €400 I need to know it's worth every single euro that I'm paying extra)
    • Battery life (this is one of the most important aspects. I want the phone to last an entire day comfortably even after 2 years, this is the main reason why I'm interested in A53)
    • Performance in the sense of general usage, responsive system, etc. I don't game on my phone but I hate stuttering

    What is not THAT important to me:

    • Camera (anything that can make a nice picture during the day is good enough, although I'm interested in ultrawide angle)
    • Gaming performance (as I sad I don't game so the fact that Fortnite runs better on one of those phones is irrelevant to me)

    Now I know the best phone in general is the S20FE... But what is the best phone for me? Especially considering the prices? Thank you so much for your insights!

    submitted by /u/Shpaan
    [link] [comments]

    Why don't I have the "opt out of ad personalization" toggle feature in my privacy settings under ads in my Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra? Screenshot link below.

    Posted: 17 Jun 2022 08:50 AM PDT

    I've tried several websites to see how to do it and they all lead me to my privacy settings and then ads, but in all of them, they have the option "opt out of ad personalization" at the top, yet I don't have it. Is there a way to fix this or find it somewhere else?

    Imgur link to what I see: https://imgur.com/a/AMoEKcg

    submitted by /u/FumingOstrich35
    [link] [comments]

    Need help deciding between the following smartphones: A52S vs A53 vs S20 FE

    Posted: 17 Jun 2022 08:46 AM PDT

    Hey guys, I know this has been asked plenty of times but I feel like it heavily depends on the prices which are different for each region and time.

    Currently, the prices are A52S for €310, A53 for €345, and S20FE for €400.

    What is important for me:

    • Price (at first I wanted to buy a phone for like €250 but went down the rabbit hole and kept finding about different models... you probably know the drill - that being said if I am to spend €400 I need to know it's worth every single euro that I'm paying extra)
    • Battery life (this is one of the most important aspects. I want the phone to last an entire day comfortably even after 2 years, this is the main reason why I'm interested in A53)
    • Performance in the sense of general usage, responsive system, etc. I don't game on my phone but I hate stuttering

    What is not THAT important to me:

    • Camera (anything that can make a nice picture during the day is good enough, although I'm interested in ultrawide angle)
    • Gaming performance (as I sad I don't game so the fact that Fortnite runs better on one of those phones is irrelevant to me)

    Now I know the best phone in general is the S20FE... But what is the best phone for me? Especially considering the prices? Thank you so much for your insights!

    submitted by /u/Shpaan
    [link] [comments]

    Samsung & Ultimate Ears

    Posted: 17 Jun 2022 07:39 AM PDT

    I have currently got an s22 ultra. Previously I had an s21 ultra. I could never get my s21 to pair with my UE wonderboom2. Looked everywhere for solutions and could never find one that worked. The boom works perfectly with everyone else's device (like my wife's iPhone) but just couldn't be found by the s21.

    I have now upgraded to an s22 and guess what....I still can't connect to the wonderboom. Its literally as if it isn't there. I've tried factory resetting the boom multiple times but still the Samsung won't 'see' it...whereas again, the iPhone...immediately finds it.

    Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions or is this simply a 'not fixable'. Does anyone currently successfully use an Ultimate Ears product with a Samsung?

    submitted by /u/MusesLegend
    [link] [comments]

    How come?

    Posted: 17 Jun 2022 07:33 AM PDT

    why dosent the Samsung Jet bot mop connect to Smart things? why did Samsung not Include that feature?

    submitted by /u/AdvantageMinute
    [link] [comments]

    Is Galaxy Note 20 a good upgrade in 2022?

    Posted: 17 Jun 2022 06:00 AM PDT

    I'm in the process of looking to upgrade from my current Pixel 3 to a Galaxy Note 20. Now my main device is an iPhone 13 Pro Max. But I also keep a secondary android device for my trading/financial stuff plus I love to enjoy the android experience. So, I can enjoy both the worlds! :)

    I buy my android devices used as they tend to save me a lot of cash. I usually keep my phones for 2-3 years. I used to have a Galaxy Note 5 prior to the Pixel 3 since I loved getting updates quickly plus the stock experience. But I really miss the S-pen feature tbh.

    So, I came across a person who is selling her Galaxy Note 20 (SM-N980F) 256GB Dual sim for $390. She was a quite light phone user and told that she usually takes it out of charger at 100% at 5AM and charges only before going to sleep at night. Now I'll be using it mostly on Wifi only. I think it is an LTE model but not really an issue since I won't be using it in cellular data much and 5G is a battery sucker. Also, I'm not sure if it is the exynos or SD variant. Is the Exynos variant a good unit in terms of performance and battery in the current One UI 4.0 update? I have seen a lot of people in this community warning buyers about Exynos variants.

    submitted by /u/VintageCollector1
    [link] [comments]

    Viable alternatives to the Note series, or better to upgrade to newer phone?

    Posted: 17 Jun 2022 08:56 AM PDT

    I have a Samsung Note 9 and had it for years now, and it's showing signs of death on me. I've looked into alternatives for the Note series to see if there was anything that was as good or had different but good features compared to the Note series. One key thing for me is having the stylus attached to the phone, like the socket the Note has for the S pen. If there are no good alternatives, I don't mind upgrading to the later versions, unless Note 9 is peak note phone or something.

    Suggestions would be helpful! Really love having a stylus with a phone but if there are different options (not necessarily better), I would like to know them.

    submitted by /u/AtEaseReddiTOR
    [link] [comments]

    Why don't I have the "opt out of ad personalization" toggle feature in my privacy settings under ads in my Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra? Screenshot link below.

    Posted: 17 Jun 2022 08:50 AM PDT

    I've tried several websites to see how to do it and they all lead me to my privacy settings and then ads, but in all of them, they have the option "opt out of ad personalization" at the top, yet I don't have it. Is there a way to fix this or find it somewhere else?

    Imgur link to what I see: https://imgur.com/a/AMoEKcg

    submitted by /u/FumingOstrich35
    [link] [comments]

    Do you recommend buy "semi new" cell phones?

    Posted: 17 Jun 2022 08:10 AM PDT

    I pretend to buy the s9+ or s10 at ama..:). I know the gadgets that include are not original. Thats not a problem i have it but I'm worried about how long the mobile will live or the battery duration. :(

    submitted by /u/DarkPB24MM
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel