• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Tuesday, August 13, 2019

    LOVE the new windows 10 update Windows Help

    LOVE the new windows 10 update Windows Help


    LOVE the new windows 10 update

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 02:07 PM PDT

    search feature has been optimized not just in cortana but also file explorer, hell yea

    submitted by /u/billybobmaysjack
    [link] [comments]

    When launching a Windows app, can I make it launch an executable simultaneously?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 07:16 AM PDT

    Hey,

    so, I like to play Forza Horizon 4. On startup, however, it makes absolutely deafening noise. I have had enough of that. I'm sick of having to turn my volume down every time I start that game.

    Therefore, I was thinking of writing a program to lower the volume of the game on startup, and that's why I'm here. Is there any way that I could activate my program when starting the game? I normally launch the game from the start menu. Would there be any way to also launch my .exe when I do that?

    Hopefully somebody can help my ears :(

    submitted by /u/LeCyberDucky
    [link] [comments]

    If i download a windows 10 update but i dont install it and just shut down my divice,what happens?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 11:33 AM PDT

    Is there a program that can let me batch rename specific words like the first (3,4,5,6) letters in the file? Would highly appreciated.

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 12:48 PM PDT

    Autocorrect using tab key

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 12:16 PM PDT

    In most programming IDEs there's a feature that suggest corrections/autocompletions for what I type and pressing tab selects it. E.g. I type "pirnt", IDE suggests "print", I press tab, IDE changes "pirnt" to "print".

    is there a way to do this when writing normal text on windows? E.g. when i type "eg" windows suggests "e. g.", I press tab, windows changes it to "e. g.".

    I dont even know if this is the right subreddit for this but i have no idea where to post it.

    submitted by /u/pgmcr
    [link] [comments]

    Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows Server 2012 R2 updates for 8/13/19

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 06:00 PM PDT

    Via the Microsoft Support website (8.1/2012 R2, 7/2008 R2):

    For Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2:

    • Security updates to Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Windows Input and Composition, Windows Wireless Networking, Windows Virtualization, Windows Datacenter Networking, Windows Storage and Filesystems, the Microsoft JET Database Engine, Microsoft Scripting Engine, Windows MSXML, Internet Explorer, and Windows Server.

    For Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2:

    • Security updates to Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Windows Wireless Networking, Windows Storage and Filesystems, Windows Virtualization, Windows Datacenter Networking, Microsoft Scripting Engine, the Microsoft JET Database Engine, Windows Input and Composition, Windows MSXML, Internet Explorer, and Windows Server.
    submitted by /u/wickedplayer494
    [link] [comments]

    HELP! Out of nowhere, my mic on my laptop isn't picking up my voice.

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 05:28 PM PDT

    Had absolutely no issues with voice quality, background noise/static, etc.

    All of a sudden it's' just not picking up my voice, I restarted my computer, and it worked for like 2 minutes, but then, again nothing.

    Please help, super frustrating where something stops working completely out of the blue.

    submitted by /u/thinkin_boutit
    [link] [comments]

    How do I get my original Windows 8 product key?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 05:15 PM PDT

    All the methods I've tried just return the generic Windows 10 product key that everyone gets when they chose the free upgrade a few years ago. See the chart on this page

    I'm trying to transfer my Windows license over to a new computer, but even though it's a digital license now, the support guy said I need the original product key anyway, and I don't have it.

    By the way, it's a retail license, not an OEM license. I really don't understand why they can't just transfer it since it's digital now, but whatever.

    submitted by /u/Ixilary
    [link] [comments]

    Windows 10 education

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 05:07 PM PDT

    Could I get windows 10 education for home use? Are there any limitations? I've read that it is similar to Enterprise, but is there any catch? I can get it for free on onthehub.com

    submitted by /u/TheJman_018
    [link] [comments]

    Windows Update

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 05:01 PM PDT

    Are servicing stack updates automatically installed when using Windows Update? I read that Microsoft recommends installing the servicing stack updates before cumulative updates. Is this taken care of when I press the 'Check for updates' button, or is it something that I need to be doing manually?

    submitted by /u/UnobtrusiveEndosperm
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way I can use my laptop to play a spotify playlist on shuffle each morning as an alarm?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 03:47 PM PDT

    I feel like I've vaguely heard something about "Macros" but don't know what they are or how they work.

    submitted by /u/Osellic
    [link] [comments]

    Cheap windows 10 keys?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 03:32 PM PDT

    Hi,

    So i have been checking recently how expensive windows 10 Home and pro is and google gave me advertisements of sites selling windows 10 pro for like 20 euro's (Netherlands).

    I know there is something like OEM keys however these do not state anywhere that it is OEM. As a matter of fact the same site does sell OEM keys for like 14 euro too.

    How come they are so cheap? Because 5 months ago all i saw was cheap OEM keys but now some sites are even stating they are "retail". My friend even bought one of those keys and was able to install windows 10 and use the key but is there some downside about it?

    What do you guys think? Is it legit or is there something to it?

    submitted by /u/MachoForum
    [link] [comments]

    Something like SSH Tunel for Windows?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 03:18 PM PDT

    Hello Guys!

    Maybe it's a stupid question or is in the wrong group, if so I hope you guys enlighten me!

    I need some help, I have already searched on stackoverflow and a lot of forums, but can't find an answer to my problem:

    I have one Windows 10 Computer (A) at home, that access a Remote Windows 10 Computer (B) that has access to a Linux Server (C), both machines B and C are restricted by firewall in the environment vpn.

    I would like to access the Linux Server from Computer A directly, without having to connect with the "Windows Remote Desktop" on Machine B and access there from it.

    If computer B were Linux, I would just use ssh -cnl to create a tunnel and connect directly to the Linux Server from my machine, but I have no idea how to do it on a Windows computer.

    Note: I'm not trying to do anything wrong, I have access granted to use the computer and the server, I'd like just to use my own computer for convenience.

    submitted by /u/rzan10
    [link] [comments]

    Empty Chrome Notification on Taskbar

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 03:05 PM PDT

    So I'm on another application (games, movie etc) on one of my monitors, and occasionally Chrome will light up orange (I assume is a notification) on the taskbar, but nothing is happening to chrome which I can see on my other monitor? Is this something of concern?

    I've done several virus scans and nothing pops up (Windows Defender + Malwarebytes).

    submitted by /u/HolyUnicornPoo
    [link] [comments]

    My disk usage is always at 100%

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 02:52 PM PDT

    My pc is super slow it takes a good 15 mins to open the task manager. And it's because my disk usage is at 100% I did a complete factory reset and wiped the pc clean, even with an empty pc disk usage is at 100%.

    I've tried a couple of things like disabling super fetch. Nothing seems to be working. It's completely unusable. I might just buy an SSD but I'd need to buy windows to avoid the hassle of cloning the hard drive or something. Is there anything else I could try?

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/A_Blue_Sharky
    [link] [comments]

    How to get RAM specs from PC I cannot open

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 11:03 AM PDT

    Hi.

    I have a point-of-sale system running Win8.1 and I have local administrator access.

    What programs(portable preferred) can you suggest that can read exactly what module is installed? There is only one slot in this specific model of POS system. Or if there is a RAM maker website that can do this, which one works the best.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/PlOrAdmin
    [link] [comments]

    changing the icon of apps

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 01:41 PM PDT

    so, i downloaded a game called into the breach of xbox game pass for PC. the icon is just some white paper, so i googled the actual icon, saved it. properties etc and its not there, you search it and it comes but then it says 'into the breach icon.jpg has no icons. so how do i make customs ones out of photos.

    submitted by /u/XVShadowShotVX7
    [link] [comments]

    WindowsApps folder - well protected - reasons? Issues with Office addins?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 12:37 PM PDT

    Hi there,

    I've recently did some research regarding the Windows Store Apps and discovered that they're quite hidden away in the WindowsApps folder (hidden by default and can only be accessed after accepting a number of prompts and changing the owner of the folder etc.).

    (Refer to this for exact instructions >

    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-windows-apps-hidden-folder-and-why-cant-i/40a60508-c409-422a-af92-bd51fe5a4ca9 )

    Is this just Microsoft trying to protect their apps from malicious activities?

    I'm especially interested because a software I work with has Addins in Word and there seem to be issues if Office is installed via the store and not via the other MSO installers. I believe this might be because the other software cannot access the folderpath to analyze if/where Office is installed + then integrate the addins.

    Thoughts? Tips? Advice?

    submitted by /u/SweetRepresentative3
    [link] [comments]

    Unable to install windows

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 08:46 AM PDT

    Hello, so as the title says, I am unable to install windows. I got a 3.5GB ISO file for windows 10, put it on my usb stick which is 4GB, it has sub 100mb but it fits. Also yes I did put it on bit32 or whatever the thing is, when i boot into bios, put stick as #1 on boot order it just boots into windows, nothing else.

    submitted by /u/EKDante
    [link] [comments]

    Projecting PC to a laptop screen - help needed

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 04:56 AM PDT

    Projecting PC to a laptop screen - help needed

    HI!

    So i am not quite sure how Mirracast works exactly, but i've just installed PCI-E wifi card in my desktop PC today (i have moved flats and had to use my phone as wifi card since i had no RJ45 cable).

    As i do art and have Thinkpad X1 Tablet (gen 3) with me, i have wanted to test the projecting feature, since i have heard good things about it. So i set up little contraption setup, and connected the devices. My PC needed some time to find the Thinkpad, but eventually i have connected to the device.

    What bothers me is that Thinkpad's performance is honestly bad. I am not sure why, My PC runs Ryzen 2700x, 1070Ti and 16 gigs of RAM. Thinkpad Runs 8650u, 16 gigs of RAM and no dedicated GPU. Pen pressure sometimes works and sometimes does not, the bigger brush, the less pressure works.

    Oh and my WIFI card is Gigabyte's GC-WB1733D-I, plenty of bandwidth, home internet speed is 300~ Mbps

    Any ideas on improving performance? Maybe some of you have some experience? My friend whom uses Surface Pro runs just fine, and they get even toastier than my thinkpad.

    https://i.redd.it/fa131tpog7g31.png

    submitted by /u/Soldiumek
    [link] [comments]

    So I screwed up my laptop royally....

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 11:29 PM PDT

    I installed drivers from Microsoft that would recognize a joystick.. upon restart I got a blue screen "critical_process_died".. anyhow fast forward 2 hours later and I've tried absolutely everything there is to try.

    Chkdsk and rstrui.exe /offline:c:\windows=active to try to force a restore.

    Nothing works, can't get any option to work in trouble shoot menu, nothing.

    Checking diskpart and I can see all my drives are screwed up labelling wise.

    My c: drive is now my d: and windows is x: so now nothing works because of that. And yes I had relabelled them back to normal and still no avail, I'll get system failed to restore or something else to stop me from succeeding..

    What can I do now? Am I totally screwed?

    https://ibb.co/vPXz4sP

    submitted by /u/Girn26
    [link] [comments]

    Reactivating Windows after Hardware Change

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 07:50 AM PDT

    I recently changed my Motherboard, CPU, GPU, RAM and also added an SSD. My previous Windows was activated using a digital license linked to my Microsoft account. As a result, I decided to skip the "Enter Product Key" part while installing Windows. After installing Windows, I signed in using the same Microsoft account and everything is working fine, except that my Windows isn't Activating. When I use the troubleshooter and select the option "I changed my hardware recently on this device", it gave me the option to reactivate a PC which seemed to be my previous PC. My new PC is nowhere on that list. What should I do now?

    submitted by /u/cHotagAbbar99
    [link] [comments]

    40GB od disc space missing?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 05:28 AM PDT

    Hey guys, I have windows 7 and 2 drives with 4 partitions. A couple of days ago I downloaded about 400GB on partition W on drive#2 but in the meantime my free space from partition C on drive#1 (system partition) shrunk from 60+GB to 23GB. At first, I thought it's something related to temporary files, but after a couple of days it didn't return. All the files inside are 165GB out of 223, so it doesn't really make any sense to me. What can I do to have my space again?

    submitted by /u/DudaTheDude
    [link] [comments]

    Holy crap, global dark them is available now

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 11:17 AM PDT

    Just got the update and one note, file explorer, internet, can all be set to global dark theme. Finally!

    submitted by /u/awsgcpkvm
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel