• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Tuesday, August 13, 2019

    OnePlus Tech Support Tuesday (August 13, 2019) - Your weekly tech support thread!

    OnePlus Tech Support Tuesday (August 13, 2019) - Your weekly tech support thread!


    Tech Support Tuesday (August 13, 2019) - Your weekly tech support thread!

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 07:17 AM PDT

    This is /r/oneplus' weekly thread for tech support. Your place for any issues you might have. Join Discord as well for real-time assistance!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    OnePlus Trade-In program is a joke

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 06:50 AM PDT

    I started a trade in at the end June. Send them my phone in early July. They received it on July 8th.Since then nothing. I finally requested an update about a week ago. They told me my case has been escalated. And I should give them 24-48 hours.After that I was told to give them 3-5 days longer.Today I was told yet again to wait another 24-48 to receive a status. Also I was told that I was "in a rough phase", because I requested to talk to the support persons supervisor.

    What an unimaginably unprofessional part of OnePlus!

    Edit: Screenshot of the most recent chat: https://imgur.com/a/68bLmjw

    submitted by /u/mangiafazola
    [link] [comments]

    Note 10+ 25w charger is faster than 30w OP 7 Pro charger

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 09:06 AM PDT

    Just got a OnePlus 7 and I'm loving it, but the lack of Pocket Mode is really bugging me off!

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 12:11 PM PDT

    Title. I'm coming from a OP3 and Pocket Mode was one of the best settings for me, since my phone kept doing things on its own whilst in my pocket. Why the hell would they remove it? Already posted on the Community app, let's hope it gets some attention from the OP guys.

    Edit: Apparently Pocket Mode toggle isn't there, but the functionality is baked directly into the OS. Just tried to unlock whilst covering the top and it wouldn't register input.

    submitted by /u/Colcobau
    [link] [comments]

    Got me a Oneplus 7 yesterday!

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 11:53 PM PDT

    Battery drain first night was 3% and thats amazing coming from S10E exynos. The smoothness is impeccable and I love it. Just wanted to share

    Edit: this is the regular non pro OP7

    submitted by /u/terjekasp
    [link] [comments]

    Got a OnePlus 7 Pro today. A few software additions / improvements I would really like

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 06:57 AM PDT

    I am coming from a Galaxy Note 9. I received the phone earlier and set it up. Overall I love it. I thought the headphone jack would be a big issue but a dongle easily solves it. Here are a few SOFTWARE things that I would really like to see added / improved.

    • Night Mode: Night mode needs to be "stronger". By that I mean the night mode on my Note 9 seems to be far stronger (yellowish) when maxed out than the fully maxed out night mode on the OnePlus.
    • Dark theme: Dark theme needs to be improved. You can't have white notifications while everything else in the status bar is dark. Also, there needs to be an option to turn it on and off in the status bar, the same way you can turn night mode on and off from there.
    • (potentially) add a one handed mode. Just copy Samsung's one where you activate it from the corner of the screen with a gesture.
    • (potentially) some kind of a gesture to bring down and expand the status bar (notifications). For example, when you double press the power button, instead of opening the camera, it expands the status bar.

    Aside from these 2 things, the phone seems flawless. The size and weight are pretty much the same as my Note 9 so I didn't find it big at all. Although it is WAY smoother and faster. I also absolutely LOVE the Invert Colors option in the status bar menu. This is something I've been looking for for a long time on my Samsung tablet because going over to settings every single time to invert colors is a drag. Idk how useful it is on my phone but I may need it and being able to turn it on and off with such ease is amazing.

    submitted by /u/clare011
    [link] [comments]

    9.5.11 problems?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 09:09 AM PDT

    Has anyone else found they have a fair few problems with the .11 update and latest camera update?

    1. Battery life seems to have taken a really bad hit. I usually average around 3 hrs or just over, maybe 3hr 10ish 90hz QHD SOT before I hit 50%, I've suddenly slumped under 3 hours by 20-30 mins

    2. weird sound glitch where an ear splitting noise will emit from headphones (posted in a separate post and it seems to be really common now)

    3. OIS not working on latest camera update on 1080p video. Seems fine 60fps and 4k

    4. Nightscape doesn't work. It just flat out refuses and takes a normal photo

    I'm actually contemplating rolling back if at all possible as it has become fairly annoying. The battery life in particular seems really strange, as I have had no additional apps installed, as well as clearing cache and all of the usual steps.

    submitted by /u/Straker94
    [link] [comments]

    Keyboard where I can type in two languages at once without having to change the setting consciously?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 01:29 PM PDT

    Anyone recommend any?

    submitted by /u/DrianoBriscoll
    [link] [comments]

    Oneplus 5 bricked, am I doomed?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 05:13 PM PDT

    Long story short I updated oxygen OS on a rooted device (magisk, TWRP) and that update bricked the device (infinite loading screen). I resorted to reinstalling TWRP on the recovery, wiping my device and installing the latest oxygen OS, still infinite loading screen.

    I thought this had something to do with my device being unlocked so I set my device state to locked using "fastboot oem lock" and now I can't even boot into recovery mode and I get this message: "Your device is corrupt. It can't be trusted and will not boot" and I can't unlock my device with fastboot flashing/oem unlock and I get this message FAILED (remote: 'Flashing Unlock is not allowed')

    How boned am I?

    submitted by /u/EuropeRoTMG
    [link] [comments]

    Does OnePlus phones have temperature warnings?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 04:37 PM PDT

    Today has been a hot day in my city with temperatures over 40° at the shadow and few phones (iPhones, xiaomis) got the temperature warning and couldn't use their phones. Does OnePlus have that feature?

    submitted by /u/Diego74965
    [link] [comments]

    Can't get charging cables to stay plugged into 5T any more - normal?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 07:33 PM PDT

    I've had the phone for about a year. In the last 2-3 months I've found charging cables come unsecured easily/constantly. My car has Android Auto but it's all but unusable because of I take a sharp turn the cable comes loose momentarily.

    Is this a normal issue or is my phone borked? Any suggestions for a workaround?

    submitted by /u/InternetWeakGuy
    [link] [comments]

    Have an old OnePlus 3, what fun projects should I do with it?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 03:42 PM PDT

    Upgraded a while ago to a Note 8, as the OP3 was soft bricked. Finally got it fixed, and now I have a perfectly good phone that I have no idea what to do with. Just wanting to know what do you guys do with your old phones.

    submitted by /u/Unamused_Squid
    [link] [comments]

    My buddy got a OnePlus 7pro yesterday and his Google play store stopped downloading apps, just sits and spins. My 6t works fine. Is anyone else seeing the same issue?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 03:16 PM PDT

    Can all 1plus bootloaders be unlocked?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 03:13 PM PDT

    Are there any exceptions?

    submitted by /u/WilliamA16
    [link] [comments]

    OnePlus 3T mic doesn't seem to work during phonecalls?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 03:08 PM PDT

    Got a really weird issue that seems to have come out of the blue... When someone calls me or I call them, they can't hear anything I'm saying... On top of this, there is no sound for me either unless it's on loudspeaker. What's weird though is that the audio is fine in videos, but the issue persists with all of my social apps too ie Facebook calls, Snapchat calls etc.

    I thought it was due to an issue with me being on Android 8 still, but I've factory reset the phone and updated to Android 9 yet the same thing is happening...

    If I plug in earphones everything is fine, but without them the call feature on my phone is effectively useless at the moment! Really not sure what to do about it. Has anyone else had similar issues or know how to fix it?

    submitted by /u/ImGrimm
    [link] [comments]

    Oneplus 7 Pro and RCS

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 06:47 PM PDT

    Does the 7 Pro support RCS? I'm on ATT if that matters.

    submitted by /u/robdam1001
    [link] [comments]

    Bluetooth issues, constant disconnect/reconnect in car

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 06:39 PM PDT

    Looked at all the other posts couldn't find any answers that solved it. So have a OnePlus 7 Pro 12/256. Build 9.5.11GM21AA. Verizon SIM 1, AT&T SIM2. Car is a 2018 BMW X1 and I get a easy to pair with the car. However when I play Google Play Music, YouTube, Plex to test, I constant get 4-10 seconds of audio then a disconnect. Phone then takes 10 min to connect again plays audio for 4-10 seconds and repeat over and over and over. Have two profiles installed personal and encrypted for work. Cleared Bluetooth app (Both of them) with cache and data. Developer mode enabled and tried all Bluetooth Codec's with no change?

    Any thoughts from the rest of you all?

    submitted by /u/happymaned
    [link] [comments]

    OnePlus 5 Bug: Setting an Alarm via the Calendar - Sets the Alarm the day before my chosen day

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 06:36 PM PDT

    The link to the video here: http://imgur.com/a/PMw4pK8

    submitted by /u/NicestDude
    [link] [comments]

    Screen protector for 7 pro

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 05:34 PM PDT

    Is there a certain screen protector that would pair well with the included case?

    submitted by /u/dusktildawn48
    [link] [comments]

    How to Get an OTA if You Have TWRP and Magisk Installed

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 05:19 PM PDT

    For a lot of you tinkerers out there, you probably unlocked your bootloader and got a custom recovery, most likely TWRP. You might have also rooted your phone using Magisk.

    If you've ever wondered how to flash new OTA's without losing your data AND keep TWRP and Magisk, wonder no more.

    I put together a short guide on how to do it below:

    1. Download the following files to your device: The FULL_OTA.zip file, TWRP.zip, and Magisk.zip.

    2. Boot into TWRP Custom Recovery (Recovery Option in Advanced Reboot, which is enabled in the developer options)

    3. Flash the FULL_OTA.zip file then immediately flash the TWRP-Installer.zip file and lastly flash the Magisk.zip file

    4. Reboot from TWRP and enjoy your newly updated phone with your data just as it was and your preserved Root + Custom Recovery.

    submitted by /u/Pritster5
    [link] [comments]

    Would it be possible to overclock the 7 Pro's refresh rate?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 07:10 AM PDT

    I saw this done on the Mi 9, and due to the ability to switch between 60/90 on the 7 Pro, wouldn't it be technically possible to overclock a bit? Would love to see 120 or even 144hz on the 7 Pro

    submitted by /u/_gianni-r
    [link] [comments]

    Unknown app has unrestricted data access?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 09:09 AM PDT

    According to 'special app access' in settings there's an app on my phone that has unrestricted data access despite every toggle being switched off when I look at the list.

    https://imgur.com/a/NaL91LW

    I'm new to Android entirely (Was a windows phone holdout for a long time) and wondering if this is normal or if I managed to bork my phone in less than a week. Would any of you mind checking to see if your phone is the same way? I have a OnePlus 7 Pro BTW.

    submitted by /u/TheKingHippo
    [link] [comments]

    Thinking of switching to Oneplus

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 03:38 PM PDT

    Thinking of switching to Oneplus or Pixel (currently using Nokia 8). Came across this article and saw Nokia is the second fastest after Oneplus in terms of updating to Android P. Nokia has no longer provude flagship processor with its flagship range (8). Are there any Android flagships that provides fast updates (other than these three)? How long is the update life cycle of Oneplus devices? should I wait for Oneplus 8 (or 7T)?

    submitted by /u/ZhWei99
    [link] [comments]

    OnePlus bricked my phone

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 03:09 PM PDT

    Well I'm not too happy that during my remote session, the OnePlus "Level 2" repair person bricked my phone. The reinstall of the OS failed 3 times and left my phone bricked. This is probably my last android phone as all my last android phones have lasted only a year.

    submitted by /u/OnionGod87
    [link] [comments]

    [FIX] Internet sharing through USB stopped working after updating to latest OxygenOS 9.0.8 on 5T

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 03:02 PM PDT

    If your USB Tethering wont work / toggle on after the latest update, it can be fixed easy and simple without factory resetting your entire device.

    System / Reset Options / Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth

    submitted by /u/tet0003
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel