• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Sunday, January 10, 2021

    Hi, folks! I've created a simple finance control open-source app with modern tech stack. Android Dev

    Hi, folks! I've created a simple finance control open-source app with modern tech stack. Android Dev


    Hi, folks! I've created a simple finance control open-source app with modern tech stack.

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 01:00 AM PST

    It's still work-in-progress, but there are many working features. It's worth to say, that my goal was not to create full-featured finance app, ready to deploy to Google Play, but to solve some challenges, play with new technologies and share knowledges, wrapped in some app idea.

    Although the app does not has Jetpack Compose (but planned), there are many other interesting stuff:

    - Multi-module architecture (based on Dagger2)

    - Clean architecture

    - Coroutines and Kotlin Flow

    - MVI for presentation layer

    - Offline-first (thanks to Firebase Firestore)

    - GitHub Actions

    - Gradle Kotlin DSL

    - Jetpack libs

    Hope it will be helpful to devs. I'm open for discussions.

    GitHub

    You can try the app without building it, APKs are authomatically uploaded to AppCenter.

    submitted by /u/creati8e
    [link] [comments]

    What is the difference between "Settings Preference" and "Data Store Preferences"?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 11:41 AM PST

    Hello there. I don't get it.
    What is the difference between "Settings Preference" and "Data Store Preferences"? What I does understand is that with Preferences Data Store I can store a lot of data and Preferences Settings is only for the settings.

    So, if I will store only app settings like color, fontsize etc should I use Preference Settings or the Data Store Preference? Why have two ways to storing settings and not use jut one solution for all?

    Maybe someone of you can explain me the difference or maybe has an link for me, in english, italian or german?

    submitted by /u/KrabZka
    [link] [comments]

    How far can I use Product Sans for my personal use?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 09:13 AM PST

    Stupid question, but if I download Product Sans on my android, how far can I use it till it remains under personal use? I know I'm not supposed to use it for any kind of project or personal app, but say I post a screenshot of something on my phone and the text is in Product sans, is it ok or could I get into trouble?

    submitted by /u/raiti_ss
    [link] [comments]

    List of coverage metrics for Apps testing

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 01:30 AM PST

    Google apps money deduction

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 10:47 AM PST

    hello, i created a paid app few days back and got few installs, now after i checked the payments settings in play console it shows first credited money of 579 INR under the name of Google play apps and the next entry is also of Google play apps but it deducted 437 INR from the account.

    why is that money deducted from my account

    submitted by /u/SanketN8
    [link] [comments]

    Adding Buttons within Fragment

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 12:51 PM PST

    Hi, I am having trouble adding a functional button within a fragment, the button appears ok however when adding the java function onClick it doesn't seem to work. I use:

    Intent intent = new intent(FoodFragment.this, AddFood.class); startActivity(intent);

    Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

    submitted by /u/zxKevinn
    [link] [comments]

    [Share Your Metric] Day 1 Retention

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 04:13 PM PST

    From what I've seen, many of us here are building without knowing what a good Day 1 Retention is for our apps. This post is an experiment to crowdsource retention numbers from developers of r/androiddev.

    • "Day 1 Retention is the fraction of people that return to your app one day after install. If you don't get Day 1 retention right, the rest really doesn't matter."
    • Retention is more important than growth. Having a low retention is akin to pouring water into a bucket that has a hole in the bottom.

    Share your metric in the comments with this template:
    [App Name] - [Day 1 Retention]
    [1 sentence pitch for what your app does]

    submitted by /u/honnetatamae
    [link] [comments]

    3 — 9 January Android Newsletter

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 03:06 AM PST

    Stay up to date with Android development, in this week's edition:
    ✍️ Downloadable fonts feature
    🤔 When not to use Kotlin coroutines
    💅 Master Jetpack Compose animations
    👷 Test the UI rendering logic
    and much more!

    Read it here 👉 https://vladsonkin.com/android-newsletter-28/
    What's your favorite one?

    🔥Featuring @AutonomousApps @PreusslerBerlin @ankurg2204 @FMuntenescu @a_rasul98 @Joklinztech and many other great authors!

    💚 Subscribe and receive new editions directly to your email. Weekly, no spam, unsub anytime.
    Here is an example: https://mailchi.mp/ac2536ac9a7e/android-newsletter-28

    submitted by /u/vladsonkin_com
    [link] [comments]

    Can you do user creation + authentication with cloud functions?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 11:47 AM PST

    New to Android dev. I worked on my app entirely on the client side and then read that I should be using cloud functions for extra security. Do I need to move my user creation and authentication code to cloud functions? Is that the industry norm?

    submitted by /u/Ok_Fishing_1932
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone here ever used Amazon Ads for play store app monetization?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 03:23 AM PST

    Video recording in old Android emulator APIs

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 01:52 PM PST

    My app is recording video.

    I wonder if recording videos in old Android emulator APIs work. My app works on the devices that I have and also on new Android emulator versions such as API 30.

    If I try API 16, 21 or 23, they all fail. However, also the camera app that is provided in the emulator seems to fail in video recording.

    I am using Linux.

    submitted by /u/Kakkurimme
    [link] [comments]

    store and sync user data

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 01:49 PM PST

    I am creating an Android app (using Android studio) and later an ios app. After the user has created an account They will produce a few .txt files (less than 1MB per user) these files will be updated every few minutes and then have to be stored somewhere (e.g. a cloud for the app) to sync between platforms or to restore data when reinstalling the app. So the question is what to use to accomplish that? I know about firebase but I don't want to pay for every "Document writes" cuz there is going to be a lot of them.

    submitted by /u/Emarceen
    [link] [comments]

    What's the best way to manage Ids with multipleDatasource

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 12:17 PM PST

    Hi,
    i'm trying to implement offline mode in my app and i'm stuck on chosing the way to manage id so that i can keep reference by id in online and offline mode.
    I'm using Room for local (id autogenerate long) and firestore for remote (id autogenerate string)

    Should i keep either only remote or local id and generate the other one by code,
    Should i have two field for id reference in my objects (id and remoteId)
    or maybe keep the 2 ids and implement some sort of mapping between the two

    What's the correct way to do it ?
    Thanks for helping

    submitted by /u/Kyzendd
    [link] [comments]

    Kotlin: ListView with static texts, should I load them from file or List?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 11:24 AM PST

    I want to have app that shows listview of static texts (app will be offline), where can I save those texts (100+ of them)? Should I hardcode them directly into List, or should I save them in a file (maybe XML?)?

    Thanks!!

    submitted by /u/HelloItsMe1996
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone experience Google Play Console statistics reducing count of lifetime installs?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 10:05 AM PST

    Hi, in the past two days I have noticed that statistics of my app installs act weird and after each hourly refresh it sometimes reduces the number of installs I had recorded that day, first I thought maybe it's just measuring and updating certain time frame more often, so I start tracking lifetime installs to make sure that data gets updated correctly, but I have noticed that lifetime installs (not talking about active installs, but installs in general) drop numbers as well and that doesn't really make sense and I'm not using any shenanigans like buying fake installs etc.. so my question is, has someone of you guys experienced something like this or experiencing it right now? Is it just some google algorithm flaw?

    submitted by /u/ech0devnull
    [link] [comments]

    Should I jump straight into Kotlin or learn some Java first?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 09:26 AM PST

    I know C++ and Python, I have worked with UE4 as well. I am no strangers to programing and coding. I have read that kotlin makes developing for Android much simpler than straight Java but I want to get a good understanding of the underbelly of Android development as well. I like the control of C++ but the simplicity of Python is always refreshing. Do I need to learn Java first to code with Kotlin?

    submitted by /u/LewsTherin1775
    [link] [comments]

    Mopub mediation question

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 09:17 AM PST

    Can someone direct me to an updated tutorial for mopub mediation. At a glance, meditation seems to be too complex a task

    submitted by /u/androexpert
    [link] [comments]

    New open-source Android VNC server droidVNC-NG looking for contributions

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 01:44 AM PST

    The Android VNC server project droidVNC-NG just reached version 1.0.0 and is now looking for contributors to further improve the code and add features. It's a VNC server using contemporary Android 5+ APIs and therefore does not require root access. GPL-2, mostly authored by me and named droidVNC-NG in reverence to the original droidVNC server.

    Areas where contributions are most welcome: * Keyboard handling first and foremost. * Performance. Some stuff is still done in an rather costly way. * Reverse aka listening VNC. * Open for more ideas.

    submitted by /u/dontmind138
    [link] [comments]

    How fast is M1 Mac Mini vs 2016 Intel i7 MacBook Pro on Flutter build commands?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 09:12 AM PST

    Lets put the Apple Silicon M1 chip of the 16 GB Mac Mini to test against a 2016, 16GB Quad-Core Intel i7 MacBook Pro.

    https://youtu.be/2yrRtXvpQ2Y

    We will be testing the following Flutter build commands...

    • flutter build apk
    • flutter build apk--split-per-abi
    • flutter build appbundle
    • flutter build web
    • flutter build ios
    • flutter build ios-framework
    • flutter build ipa

    And we will be using the Flutter Gallery sample project (https://github.com/flutter/gallery)

    submitted by /u/krishdee
    [link] [comments]

    do i need to licence my android app ?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 05:12 AM PST

    I am trying to make my open source app available on F-droid but they are asking about what kind of licence does my app have and I know nothing about that.

    Does it have already a licence or should I licence it ? Can I ignore the licence step ? If I have to licence it how do I do ?

    submitted by /u/bluvisnu
    [link] [comments]

    Data glitch on 6th January downloads in PlayStore console.

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 02:21 AM PST

    It wasn't on 6th January but today console data reading is acting weird. Has anyone else noticed today?

    submitted by /u/anxietyhub
    [link] [comments]

    Right way to use Native Libraries in a Kotlin and Swift mobile app

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 04:17 AM PST

    Hi, second* post on reddit, be merciful please.

    I've been using NDK and JNI for integrating the Kaldi ASR(in form of ".so" libraries) into an Android application.It was hard, tedious, and required working in Eclipse and Android studio for different parts of the project.

    Now I'm considering using native code for a Multiplatform project, which is currently on Kotlin on the Android side and Swift on the iOS side. This is not related to Kaldi ASR though.

    The thing I'm wondering about, is that:What is the most Current, most Idiomatic, right, and simple way of developing and using the native libraries on both platforms? Is that even possible? :D

    submitted by /u/hardcoded_to_win
    [link] [comments]

    FrameLayout causing problems

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 04:01 AM PST

    Hi, I have been developing an android application for my final year project and have implemented a navigation bar using fragments. Doing so I added a FrameLayout to these fragments for the navigation to work properly, however when I try to add any buttons or textViews it seems to cause them to default to the top left of the XML page and doesn't allow me to move them. Can anyone please let me know the solution to this? Would be greatly appreciated

    submitted by /u/zxKevinn
    [link] [comments]

    Aws exposes credentiala?

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 09:33 PM PST

    I have submitted a brand new app, which uses Amazom s3 for media. After submission google emailed me that my app is exposing aws credentials & I have a deadline to fix it.

    My question is will it get published as its already in review after the email or I need to fix the issue & submit another version?

    submitted by /u/Comprehensive-Size90
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel