• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Monday, February 10, 2020

    upgrade and moving Windows Help

    upgrade and moving Windows Help


    upgrade and moving

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 02:05 PM PST

    I'm a Windows 7 user, I want to upgrade to win 10 but I would like to keep all data or at least most of it, how can I do it? preferably without using external hard drives or USBs

    submitted by /u/al3arabcoreleone
    [link] [comments]

    Can't tell if this is piracy

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 07:18 PM PST

    I downloaded a windows 95 ISO to run with Virtualbox. It came with a .txt that had a Windows 95 activation key. It said that it was not piracy. I won't give the URL to avoid breaking the rules here, but it was in archive.org, made by someone called "Microshoft". If it is illegal to use the activation key, is there a trial version of Windows 95 I could use legally?

    submitted by /u/StunningMolasses
    [link] [comments]

    What happened to my drive and how can I fix it? The scanning and repairing is taking forever. Help please. Incredibly important files are on the drive.

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 07:54 PM PST

    Does it matter if my windows iso I download is for dvd or not?

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 06:51 PM PST

    Im trying to use azure software through my school to get windows ten and I downloaded one and it should work except a small problem. It downloaded a dvd verison and created an entire new drive where there shouldn't be one. And when I try to move the files to my usb it says there isn't enough room for the install.wim. What should I do?

    submitted by /u/Muffinman392
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a simple (and completely portable) VNC-based remote desktop client/server

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 09:36 AM PST

    Normally, I use TeamViewer's portable solution (which is awesome). However, I'm looking for an alternative that doesn't involve accessing Teamviewer servers in any way.

    EDIT: TightVNC works just fine. I got it to work with their portable server/client versions.

    submitted by /u/mkanet
    [link] [comments]

    2011 Acer desktop incompatible with. 1903

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 06:41 AM PST

    I have an old family PC it's just used for printing mainly. It has windows 10 1809 and any attempt to update ends with a black screen no response from PC other than max cpu fan speed and then after holding down the power button I see undoing change to your PC.

    submitted by /u/cypher21101
    [link] [comments]

    locked out of bitlocker, do I have any options?

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 11:58 AM PST

    OK so I have 2 drives in my system, data drive and system drive. Upgraded the system drive with windows 7 backup and restore which went smoothly. problem is my data drive has bitlocker and it seems the key was not backed up. Previously I would have one recovery key for the ssd and I thought the key for data drive is stored on the ssd itself because it didn't give me option to back up that key. Old drive is gone, what are my options to get into data drive?

    submitted by /u/echow2001
    [link] [comments]

    Screen resolution scales down when connect via VGA splitter ?

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 05:41 PM PST

    Screen resolution scales down when connect via VGA splitter ?

    As I move to the new office, I got my self 2 Dell screen (1920x1080). When I try to connect both of them to the PC via a VGA spitter, I can not extend my display. One screen is fine but the other resolution goes down to 1280x720.

    My PC has a 6 gen Intel chip with HD 530 graphic card which can handle up to 3 screens.

    https://preview.redd.it/fn3ogk7v87g41.png?width=918&format=png&auto=webp&s=4b141880ead8dfa797b63dd8e6e39071742bcfc6

    submitted by /u/steverle
    [link] [comments]

    Mouse and Keyboard don't work

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 05:36 PM PST

    I am coming to you in a time in need as I have exhausted any avenues I have when it comes to these issues.

    Currently, we are upgrading computers from W7 to W10 this round we ended up upgrading 9 computers. One of the computers gave us a problem which I have never seen before. The Keyboard and Mouse do not work. I have done the following troubleshooting options and none have worked. These are the Generic Drivers from windows they seem to have somehow corrupted and I am unable to go into Check for an update as it is giving me an error about communicating to the server.

    • Uninstalled the drivers
    • Looked for drivers
    • Disabled the Drivers
    • Unplugged and Plugged different keyboards into different USB ports and computers to see if they work there. (Keyboards and Mice work)
    submitted by /u/ghosxt_
    [link] [comments]

    Need help finding the popular dev environment program for Windows 10.

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 05:26 PM PST

    Hi, I remember seeing on Youtube about this program on Windows 10 that turns your Windows environment into something like Unix. It was a program that was in development for many years. I remember the video that showcased it had around 400k views but I can no longer find it. Could someone help me?

    submitted by /u/itsKippy
    [link] [comments]

    Windows license help!

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 05:17 AM PST

    I bought a computer from iBuypower about 8-9 years ago. It came with windows 7 which i upgraded to windows 8 after a few years. Long story short, kids came, i tucked the computer away in my closet. the kids are grown up now enough to where they don't need constant attention and i'm wanting to get back into gaming so i'm replacing the mobo, cpu, pretty much everything except for the psu and 1tb hdd that's currently in it. Do i need to buy a new license for windows 10 even though windows is still on my hdd since i'm replacing the mobo?

    submitted by /u/Hillysosilly
    [link] [comments]

    Windows 10 Video Editor App - How do I add fade transition?

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 11:21 AM PST

    I see that there are "3D Effects", but I don't see an option to add transitions... Is there a way to add a fade transition between clips?

    submitted by /u/mrauls
    [link] [comments]

    Windows 10 version 1903

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 02:48 AM PST

    Is there a way I can update to version 1903 and not the newest version 1909?

    Some of my programs are not yet compatible with the latest version.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/zorkry
    [link] [comments]

    Sorry if this is too elementary of a post but, HOW do I make 'all my folders stay displayed' as 'large icons' ... so I can stop wasting time and mouse clicks?

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 02:10 PM PST

    Windows 7. I just have not been able to find a way to make 'all my folders stay and keep displayed' as 'large icons'? So tired of this constant fight. Any help greatly appreciated! Thank you!

    submitted by /u/CDN_a
    [link] [comments]

    Dial text on image

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 01:36 PM PST

    Does anyone have an even more zoomed in or enlarged version of either of these icons, allowing me to see what the text in front of the dials read?

    submitted by /u/UmberPhyris
    [link] [comments]

    Does Windows support making a Window in every desktop?

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 01:17 PM PST

    Basically I want to make it so that one my chrome windows is in every desktop as I cycle between the 5 that I have, such that it is always present as I switch between desktops.

    Is there any way to do that? I haven't been able to find out how.

    submitted by /u/TIL_this_shit
    [link] [comments]

    Clock Overlay, Windows 10, Add On/Software

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 08:49 AM PST

    Morning, I am looking for a clock for my PC that shows up on top regardless of the app. And that I can drag it around as needed. Suggestions?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/myr7
    [link] [comments]

    caps lock key is inverted; shift and ctrl seems to be stuck in a held down position (not hardware related)

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 08:44 AM PST

    caps lock key is inverted; and the shift key doesn*t do anything it seems: it also seems like control is being held down because when i click links; a new window opens:

    shift might also be suck in a held down position because i cant type numbers; only !"#¤%&&/()=?

    this is not the keyboards fault; when i restart everything works normal: then i have a macro on my mouse that presses a combination of keys with low delay between each input; and it messes up my keyboard: i need this macro; but how do i fix my issue?

    the macro in question types alt gr and the number two and the same time; then tab four key presses later: as well as using shift on some keys:

    does anyone have a solution with this?

    things i have tried:
    ctrl shift caps lock and it does nothing
    everything google tells you: troubleshooter; drivers; keyboard: nothing works

    submitted by /u/KEYBOARDISSUESTHROW
    [link] [comments]

    File opening behavior with multiple desktops

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 06:27 AM PST

    I have two instances of Autocad running on two separate virtual desktops in windows 10. When opening Autocad associated files within the second desktop, windows will automatically switch to the first desktop and open the file in the in the wrong instance of Autocad. Is there a way to change this behavior so the files open with the associated program in the same desktop environment?

    submitted by /u/McShifty1984
    [link] [comments]

    Question about using computer on TV.

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 03:30 AM PST

    Heya, I'm getting myself a new TV this week. Which is gonna be a TV with 4K and HDR. I currently use 2 monitors.

    Gonna use the TV for PS4 and some games from the PC which doesn't require using a 165hz monitor.

    What I'm wondering if there is a way to have the TV connected with HDMI and only "activating" that screen when I turn on the correct input on the TV or if there something that I can do so my computer only recognizes the 2 monitors I'm using and use those unless I decide to use the TV. Which then it would recognize the TV as a third monitor.

    submitted by /u/Cod1nt
    [link] [comments]

    Where could one find install disks or drives for Windows 7 nowdays?

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 08:54 AM PST

    I'll just put it out there, Windows 10 is garbage. It's clunky, it's slow, unresponsive, it freezes every few minutes for no reason, it has tons of useless garbage I don't need and it's a pain to run old programs on it.

    I couldn't care less that support for 7 was dropped, it ran fine on my crappy laptop which has all these mentioned problems with 10, and I need that thing to function somewhat for work, which Windows 10 is not allowing me.

    So my options are either "downgrading" to 7, or switching to Linux. Since I have more experience with Windows I'm more eager to go back to 7, problem is I can't find anyone selling it "legitimately" anymore, any tips?

    submitted by /u/GlamStachee
    [link] [comments]

    Preparing to Deploy Extended Security Updates For Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 05:12 AM PST

    External Drive File List

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 10:58 PM PST

    Hello All,

    I wasn't sure in which community I should post this, so I apologize in advance.

    I have a few external drives, and I'd like to create a list of the files for each drive. I started creating an Excel spreadsheet, and manually adding each file name and location before thinking there has to be a better way. Is there a process or an application that can automatically create a list of the contents on each drive?

    Please let me know what you feel might be the best approach. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/qbenguy
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel