• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Thursday, February 6, 2020

    Newbie soon to be pro (hopefully)

    Newbie soon to be pro (hopefully)


    Newbie soon to be pro (hopefully)

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 03:51 AM PST

    Hi fellas. Im looking for advices i hope you guys can give me. So im thinking of starting to code/programming stuff. Never done it before, but i would love to learn it, by starting out small and then actually start courses and taking the education some time. My question is, i need a device to learn stuff on. Recommend a tablet, like the surface or is a laptop like a thinkpad from Lenovo more sufficient for the job? Ive been looking for a few days on different machines now and im more confused than ever. Specs is everything i know, but i still want it as light as possible, since i do travel alot.

    So! What can you recommend? Tablet or laptop? And What is the minimum requirements for basic coding in a laptop/tablet ?

    Other recommendations is also Good!

    Sorry for bad english!

    Cheers

    submitted by /u/UnusualMarzipan6
    [link] [comments]

    GER / 2200 EUR: 15" Laptop for Photo Editing and CAD, XPS 15?

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 03:30 AM PST

    • Total budget and country of purchase: 2200 EUR in Germany (about $2500)

    • Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money? Pick or include any that apply. Touch screen is optional, doesn't have to be super slim, should fit in a sling bag.

    • How important is weight and thinness to you? See above. Standard size is fine.

    • Which OS do you require? Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Linux. Windows 10.

    • Do you have a preferred screen size? If indifferent, put N/A. 15", maybe 14". Big enough for Foto editing. Preferably UHD OLED.

    • Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run. AutoCad, some 3D (viewing only), Lightroom, Photoshop, light gaming.

    • If you're gaming, do you have certain games you want to play? At what settings and FPS do you want? No AAA titles, played HotS, Rocket League and Skyrim in the past.

    • Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)? At east 1 TB SSD. Good keyboard and Trackpad, shouldn't feel too plastic, MBP as a reference.

    Over the last years I've used an old 2011 13" MBP at home and a workstation in the office and I'm looking to combine these two. I do Photoediting at home so I would like a good screen and maybe an SD Card reader. At Work I need AutoCAD, Inventor and Office. Built quality should be at least comparable to an older MBP. My old MBP had a 750 GB HDD and I think I would need at least a 1 TB SSD.

    I've looked at the Dell XPS 15" i7 Models, the one with 1 TB SSD and 32 GB of RAM is currently €2399, But I thought maybe 16 GB would do. I have no idea about the product cycle of these though, are there any new ones coming out soon?

    I've had my MBP for nearly 10 years and I'm still glad that I had specced it with with 16 GB RAM , a fast processor and a big HDD. My new Laptop should be Future proof as well.

    Would you recommend anything else?

    submitted by /u/JFeldhaus
    [link] [comments]

    Lenovo X1 Carbon or Macbook Pro 13"

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 04:06 PM PST

    I dropped and cracked the top left corner of my Asus q405ua last month. The crack is where the black bar is so it doesn't impede on my work, but the touchscreen no longer works on 3/4 of the screen. I'm going into my senior year this fall and probably will pick up another laptop so I can get the student discount prior to graduating. I'm an IT major and will use laptop for some coding in C#, python and SQL, I use Tableau for data viz, networking, DBM, and will use it for browsing the internet and watching YouTube. I've owned an android phone (Samsung) my entire life besides dumb phones before smartphones existed so the ecosystem doesn't matter to me. I'm open to other laptop suggestions so leave them below plus there might be some cool laptops coming later this year so I can hold off. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/malikwilliams5
    [link] [comments]

    Canada looking for light travel laptop

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 02:23 AM PST

    Total budget and country of purchase: Around 500 cad, Canada

    Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money? Pick or include any that apply. -battery life and portability are the top priority-

    How important is weight and thinness to you? -very, just after battery life-

    Which OS do you require? Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Linux. Does not matter

    Do you have a preferred screen size? If indifferent, put N/A. N/A usually for travel 15 or less would be preferred

    Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run. light gaming if any like league or maybe some light on the go photo editing

    If you're gaming, do you have certain games you want to play? At what settings and FPS do you want? league or TFT. Low/medium settings is fine

    Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)? battery life, longevity and maybe durability would be my most important factors. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/pooponscoops
    [link] [comments]

    Will this laptop work for me? (Gaming laptop questions from the village idiot)

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 01:33 AM PST

    This one.... I plan on almost exclusively using it for a game called Elite Dangerous, and VR for that game. My kid might use it for VR Roblox too some. I plan on ordering a Valve Index when my tax returns get back this month. It's got a thunderbolt port so I should be good there. I was just curious about whether it would run smoothly with Elite in VR

    Ive read a lot of negative press on the Rtx graphic cards and I lack the expertise to fix damn near anything without complicating the problem, so I thought the Gtx ti sounded like a safer choice. If someone wants to correct me on this, no worries just let me know that I'm wrong lol.

    Thanks in advance for any help at all. I'm out of my element.

    Uhhhj. Hope I do this right...

    • Total budget and country of purchase:2,000 give or take, US** Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money? Pick or include any that apply. I don't really understand what 2 of those mean, but Battery life is not really important to me since I'll always be gaming near an outlet.* How important is weight and thinness to you? -not important. Fans and it staying cool are important.* Which OS do you require? Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Linux. I have no clue. Windows or mac I suppose * Do you have a preferred screen size? If indifferent, put N/A. 17 inches laptop * Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run. Dunno what that means * If you're gaming, do you have certain games you want to play? At what settings and FPS do you want? I dunno about settings but I love elite dangerous, it's all I play * Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)? Gotta have a thunderbolt port because I want a Valve Index which requires it* sorry if I sound like a moron. .
    submitted by /u/TheDangerdog
    [link] [comments]

    Laptop for minecraft java

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 04:57 AM PST

    I'm looking for a cheap and cheerful laptop or PC that can run Java minecraft without any trouble?any suggestions

    submitted by /u/281201
    [link] [comments]

    Help me decide between the asus zenbook pro duo vs the macbook pro 16. India

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 04:47 AM PST

    I am a web/graphic designer and i do video editing. I use the Adobe Creative Suite.

    I am having a hard time deciding between these two laptops. both are in a similar price, with their pros and cons. Would appreciate it if you guys could help

    Asus Zenbook Pro Duo - Price 2,44,999
    15.6" 4K Display, dual screen.
    i9-9980HK, GeForce RTX 2060 GDDR6 6GB
    1TB NVME
    32 GB Ram

    Apple Macbook pro 16" - Price 2,40,000
    16" Retina Screen
    Core i9, Radeon Pro 5500M 4GB
    1TB SSD
    16 GB Ram

    I would love to upgrade the Macbook's RAM 32GB and Graphics card to 8 GB, but that variant is not available here, I am unsure of the support i will get in india for a custom system.

    I am concerned about Adobe softwares performance on the Mac, I had an imac in 2013 which lagged because of the RAM it was virtually unusable even for basic browsing, I am not sure if i will have the same issue with 16GB.

    The Zenbook has the better specs, but it is a thick and heavy laptop. The Mac is a lot lighter and easier to carry. I will add that i primarily use a windows desktop. I need this laptop for when i travel, so this isnt something that i will carry everyday.

    Desktop Specs - i7 6700, Nvidia 1060 6GB , 16 GB Ram, 256SSD + 3TB HDD

    My desktop is more than sufficient for my needs and have no issues with slowdown or lag.

    Both are in a similar pricerange, so cost is not an issue, I do want to keep this laptop and use it for several years. The previous one i have now is almost 6 years old. I would love to have a similar lifespan out of the new one as well.

    Thank you for your help!

    submitted by /u/ArcticPragmatic
    [link] [comments]

    Sleek Laptop for Graphics and Video Creation

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 04:40 AM PST

    Hey there!

    I'm in the US and looking to stay under $1.5k

    Product asctetic is more important to me than most people - makes sense that this laptop will be used mostly for design purposes :) That said I tend to gravitate towards something like a Surface Book, Macbook, Zenbook, etc, but I'm a little out of my depth and open to whatever suggestions!

    I have the whole Adobe Creative suite installed and will be using this laptop for: - graphic design - website design - video editing - video calls and possibly recording for YouTube until I can get a dedicated camera - light gaming (Civ V, Banished, Sims 3)

    I know I want a SSD. Otherwise.... What's practical, team?

    Thanks for your willingness to help others!

    Edit/Note: I just bought an iPad Pro for my on the go needs, so I'm looking for a bigger screen (15-17") here. The Apple integration could be cool but my understanding is the recent MacBooks are not a good buy. And I'm thinking the Air probably isn't up to spec?

    submitted by /u/alternatedreamworld
    [link] [comments]

    14" "business theme" laptop with rtx 2070?

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 04:10 AM PST

    Budget is <$3000. I have a surface book and I really like the way it looks, but it's slow. I use cad/revit so an RTX 2070 would be great if at all possible. I would prefer a "simple" aesthetics laptop, not large aggressive vents. Thank you

    submitted by /u/standingspiral
    [link] [comments]

    Msi Laptop

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 03:53 AM PST

    Hello ya'll, i really need a new laptop and I have saved up quite some money.. i really wanna know what is a great laptop for school and gaming, I would really like to have a laptop with a nice keyboard (with lights if possible) from msi, but i just really dont know what is the best option.

    Please help me find the best laptop around €750 - €1000 ($850 - $1100)

    submitted by /u/MarLex_074
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a new laptop for a friend

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 02:59 AM PST

    Hello, got asked to look for a new laptop for a friend with a budget of max 500 euros and what better place to ask than this amazing place!
    The requirements are 15/17 inch display i5/i7 or ryzen equivalent, 8gb ram min, decent battery life and as for storeage at least 512gb ssd or small ssd + hdd. It will be used for everyday tasks, the previus laptop was an hp dv7 from 2010 so a bit of logetivity is expected :^)

    submitted by /u/WarDaddy775
    [link] [comments]

    I know nothing about laptops. Looking for extremely light gaming but mostly professional laptop under or around $400

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 07:53 PM PST

    Total budget: around $400

    2 in 1: would be cool but if it drives the price too far up, I'm not heartbroken to not have it.

    Weight and thinness: not super important

    OS: I think windows

    Screen size: not important

    Programs: I want to play hearthstone and other digital card games as well as I'm a fan of the auto chess genre. Nothing high end. I do have a pc but itd be nice to play some casual games on the couch.

    Game settings requirement: I don't need it to run on high settings. I'm fine with minimal. Just that it runs smoothly.

    Other requirements: nothing jumps out. An HDMI out would be all I can think of. Anything else fancy is icing on the cake for me. Would be nice but not needed.

    Not sure if anything like this exist for the price range but any advice would help. I am very limited in my tech knowledge.

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/ajamessomething
    [link] [comments]

    500 dollars, US.

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 10:02 PM PST

    Total budget and country of purchase: preferably under 300, but i can go as much as 600. USA.

    Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money? Pick or include any that apply. Specs first, then battery life. 2 in 1 is okay, but not necessary.

    How important is weight and thinness to you? This is probably the most important.

    Which OS do you require? Windows. I would also consider chrome os if it works better in this budget range.

    Do you have a preferred screen size? On the smaller end, definitely under 13.

    Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run. maybe some hearthstone, but i mostly just need to do word processing and stuff.

    If you're gaming, do you have certain games you want to play? At what settings and FPS do you want? N/A

    Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)? The keyboard might be the most important element. Touchscreen preferred. All else is fine either way.

    Leave any finishing thoughts here that you may feel are necessary and beneficial to the discussion. I have a desktop for tasks that the laptop cant handle, and i mostly just want one that is small, light, and has a good keyboard. I was considering a Surface Go, but im not sure that the hardware that you get is a good value for almost 700 dollars with a keyboard and pen.

    submitted by /u/ThomisticTrash
    [link] [comments]

    Laptop for College and Personal Use

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 01:46 AM PST

    • Total budget and country of purchase: My maximum budget is 600$

    • Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money? Pick or include any that apply. Good battery life would be nice for college, but I'll prefer best specs for the money.

    • How important is weight and thinness to you? I would really like something that would be comfortable to carry around the campus,

    • Which OS do you require? Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Linux. Preferably windows (for the last 6 years I only used MacOS so I'm new to most of the others 😅)

    • Do you have a preferred screen size? If indifferent, put N/A. About 13'

    • Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run. Adobe premiere, some light video editing

    • If you're gaming, do you have certain games you want to play? At what settings and FPS do you want? N/A

    • Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)? I would like something sturdy that will handle being moved a lot

    • Leave any finishing thoughts here that you may feel are necessary and beneficial to the discussion. I would only use the laptop for browsing, note-taking etc. I do own an iPad so I won't use the laptop that much. It would be nice to have something with a nice screen to watch Netflix or some movies on. Thank you.

    submitted by /u/HardCandyy
    [link] [comments]

    Durable laptop with good display for high school student, to be used for coding, light gaming (possibly for musical recording / video editing)

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 01:31 AM PST

    • Total budget and country of purchase: USD 1000, India. Can try to get it from Singapore / Australia (through my work colleagues), in which case I can go upto $1,400 (don't need to pay import duty).

    • Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money? Pick or include any that apply. I would like very good to excellent 1080p display, high-end CPU, discrete entry level gaming GPU (for 1080p gaming) and Thunderbolt 3

    • How important is weight and thinness to you? Less than 2.5kg. 1 inch thickness (can compromise a bit)

    • Which OS do you require? Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Linux. Windows and possibly Linux

    • Do you have a preferred screen size? If indifferent, put N/A. 15" to 16"

    • Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run. Gaming: Fortnite, Minecraft, Terraria, Witcher 3, Rainbow 6 Siege, F1 2019

    • If you're gaming, do you have certain games you want to play? At what settings and FPS do you want? Gaming: Fortnite, Minecraft, Terraria, Witcher 3, Rainbow 6 Siege, F1 2019 at 1080p and above 60 FPS

    • Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)? Backlit keyboard, durable (metal?) build, good after sales service

    • Leave any finishing thoughts here that you may feel are necessary and beneficial to the discussion. RAM, WiFi and storage should be easily upgradeable (not soldered). Should be possible to extend battery life by disabling Dedicated GPU. Currently looking at Lenovo Legion Y740 15" ( 81UF001FIN at https://www.lenovo.com/in/en/laptops/legion-laptops/legion-y-series/Lenovo-Legion-Y740-15/p/88GMY701059) but would like to know if there are other laptops that match the requirements better.

    submitted by /u/anoopm88
    [link] [comments]

    11 to 13 inch laptop for writing

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 01:11 AM PST

    I want a laptop to write on. I want to use LibreOffice. No streaming. No downloading. Just writing. That's it. Pretty much a LibreOffice machine.

    -11 or 13 inches. 11 is better.

    -Relatively cheap

    -A nice keyboard would rule

    -Longer battery life is good

    -Somewhat rugged would be a plus

    -Able to put a Linux distro on it

    -Looks nice

    Also open to suggstions for a lightweight Linux distributions. Like I said, I just need it to use LibreOffice. This is a distraction free device.

    submitted by /u/Glad-Bug
    [link] [comments]

    US, 800 usd

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 08:00 PM PST

    * **Total budget and country of purchase:** US, 800 (I don't mind paying more if it can last for a long time)

    * **Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money? Pick or include any that apply.** best specifications for the money, battery life should be good because I use it on-the-go a lot

    * **How important is weight and thinness to you?** very important, I want a very light and thin laptop which can do a lot too.

    * **Which OS do you require? Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Linux.** windows

    * **Do you have a preferred screen size? If indifferent, put N/A.** N/A

    * **Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run.** some video and photo editing, photoshop

    * **If you're gaming, do you have certain games you want to play? At what settings and FPS do you want?** not into games

    * **Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)?** n/a

    * **Leave any finishing thoughts here that you may feel are necessary and beneficial to the discussion.** I want something that doesn't lags when I have a lot of documents on it. I want a smooth and quick experience.

    submitted by /u/MelissaArt94
    [link] [comments]

    Lenovo Yoga C640 vs HP Spectre x360 13t

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 11:20 PM PST

    I was confused between taking up a Lenovo vs HP for business school, would be great if you guys could help out a bit. The models that I'm eyeing have are currently available at a similar price point and have very similar specs as well.

    Lenovo Yoga C640 specs

    Processor

    10th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-10510U (1.80GHz, up to 4.90GHz with Turbo Boost, 4 Cores, 8MB Cache)

    Memory

    8GB DDR4 2400MHz (Soldered)

    Hard Drive

    512GB SSD PCIe

    Display Type

    13.3" FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS, touchscreen, anti-glare, 300 nits

    Graphics

    Integrated Intel® UHD Graphics

    Weight

    < 3 lbs

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

    HP Spectre x360 13t touch

    Processor

    Intel® Core™ i7-8565U (1.8 GHz, up to 4 GHz, 8 MB cache, 4 cores)

    Memory

    16GB onboard

    Hard Drive

    256 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD

    Display Type.

    13.3" diagonal FHD IPS BrightView WLED-backlit multitouch-enabled edge-to-edge glass (1920 x 1080)

    Graphics

    Intel® UHD Graphics 620

    Weight

    <3 lbs

    submitted by /u/_vishwshah
    [link] [comments]

    Any decent, light laptop larger than 15 inches?

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 11:12 PM PST

    Hi all,

    I'm trying to find a reasonably light and small laptop that's larger than the standard 15,6" 16:9 laptop and I'm failing.

    The 15" Macbook Pro from last year had too many problems. The 16" one is too expensive for me.

    The new Surface Laptop is also slightly larger, but the screen is a makeup mirror and I have no use for the touchscreen functionality. The price / performance is also completely out of wack.

    The LG Gram 17 looks like a really good fit, but it's not available in Germany.

    Are there any products I'm missing? I'm not looking for a lot of performance, I just need a large screen for productivity.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/byte_curious
    [link] [comments]

    I’m thinking about buying a Razor 15?

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 11:55 AM PST

    Total budget and country of purchase: 2,000 U.S

    Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money? Pick or include any that apply: Both?

    How important is weight and thinness to you? Yes, I plan on carrying this to college and back in my back pack.

    Which OS do you require? Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Linux: Windows

    Do you have a preferred screen size? If indifferent, put N/A. 15 Inches

    Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run .I plan on using it for rendering some pretty detailed projects on Blender, most of the Adobe Suite, and occasionally playing games.

    If you're gaming, do you have certain games you want to play? At what settings and FPS do you want? GTAV; Fast enough to run it smoothly.

    Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)? Reliable Build Quality and a comfortable/quiet keyboard.

    Leave any finishing thoughts here that you may feel are necessary and beneficial to the discussion. I was thinking about purchasing the Razor 15, good choice?

    submitted by /u/imperfect_simplicity
    [link] [comments]

    USA/$1500: Need a laptop for writing/art/school

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 09:23 PM PST

    Total budget and country of purchase:

    $1000-1500, USA

    • Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money? Pick or include any that apply.

    Need a decent balance of battery life and power, though if it comes down to it I'd prioritize battery life.

    • How important is weight and thinness to you?

    I need something as portable as I can get, so preferably lightweight, though it's OK if the laptop is a little heavier if it means it's more powerful and has a better battery life.

    • Which OS do you require? Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Linux.

    Windows

    • Do you have a preferred screen size? If indifferent, put N/A.

    N/A

    • Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run.

    Definitely want something that can run Steam smoothly without any lag or other performance issues. While I'd also like to be able to run photo/art editing studios, I'm not sure which ones.

    • If you're gaming, do you have certain games you want to play? At what settings and FPS do you want?

    Building an actual gaming PC down the line, but I wouldn't mind being able to smoothly run some older games like KOTOR or V:TMB, and simpler games like Hollow Knight and Darkest Dungeon at 60FPS. Some PS2 emulation for the old Silent Hill games would be nice.

    • Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)?

    Multiple USB ports, an HDMI port, Audio Jack, etc, are all necessary. A touchscreen would make digital art easier, but I'm pretty sure those also suck away battery life. I'm not opposed to just purchasing a drawing pad seperately and hooking it up. Definitely want a screen that's at least 1080p with a refresh rate of 75-120hz

    • Leave any finishing thoughts here that you may feel are necessary and beneficial to the discussion.

    This is primarily for writing, studying, college work, and any media projects that may relate to those. I want something portable and speedy with a long battery life and decent storage capacity. While I'm also interesting in something for digital art, that isn't the number one priority. Light gaming capabilities would be great as well, but again, not the main concern.

    submitted by /u/Schadenfreudenous
    [link] [comments]

    ASUS GL703GS-DS74 for gaming and graphic design?

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 09:03 PM PST

    I'm looking for a modest upgrade from my hp pavilion which has an atrocious screen.

    This person is offering this model for $800. Is that a good deal or not? I can't find much on the display color gamut ratings.

    In your opinion is this a suitable upgrade from what I have now?

    submitted by /u/sinwithme_
    [link] [comments]

    Can't decide..help please. Ultrabook? Gaming? idk :(

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 08:31 PM PST

    Looking to get a laptop. I have had desktops for years (gaming rigs) and just looking to have a clean setup and hopefully something more mobile that I can carry around the house when I can't be in the gaming room all the time due to the new baby :)

    I am looking for something that I will most likely be doing YouTube / Web Browsing 99% of time the time. Maybe some moderate gaming (overwatch, CS Go) etc. and some video editing.

    I would like to keep it under 1k.

    My ideas so far suggestions are always welcome.

    1. Surface Book 2 (too expensive) but I love the slim look and possibility of using it as a tablet.
    2. Dell XPS 13 or 15 (probably out of budget too)
    3. Older Macbook Pro 13 / 15 around the 2013 year models seem to be best bang
    4. Some sort of moderate gaming laptop / open to any other suggestions.

    It would be nice to have a laptop that is excellent at hooking up to external monitors and being docked 99% of the time as I prefer external mouse, keyboad, monitors. I would just like the option of having a laptop I can carry to work / around the house.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/adrake86
    [link] [comments]

    Thin portable laptop for web browsing, films/streaming and editing? [UK £300-£500]

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 08:24 AM PST

    · Total budget and country of purchase: UK, £300-£500

    · Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money? Pick or include any that apply. Best specifications for the money

    · How important is weight and thinness to you? I want it to be thin and portable for travelling

    · Which OS do you require? Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Linux. Windows

    · Do you have a preferred screen size? If indifferent, put N/A. 10-16 inches.

    · Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run. Web browsing, Photoshop, Audacity, FL Studio & Vegas Pro. Pretty much editing software

    · If you're gaming, do you have certain games you want to play? At what settings and FPS do you want? Theme Hospital.

    · Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)?

    · Good keyboard, nice display and reliable build quality

    · Leave any finishing thoughts here that you may feel are necessary and beneficial to the discussion.: I'm only looking for something thin and portable which is easy enough to carry or put in my backpack. I've already got a desktop gaming PC at home so I'm not looking for anything special.

    submitted by /u/DAnonymousMan
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a powerful programming laptop that is not infested with bloatware

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 07:47 PM PST

    At work we either can use MacBook Pros or Windows laptops.

    As I am working in the financial sector, a crap load of security and compliance painware are installed on our laptops. This has turned my 2-3 year old MBP painfully slow. Our Windows laptops are mainly for our BAs and have even lower specs.

    I would have switched to Linux instead of Windows, but that's not an option here.

    So, I am looking for:

    • A Windows laptop that can support up to 64GB RAM
    • Ideally with AMD graphics (and bonus points if it comes with high-end Ryzen 4000 CPUs)
    • Bloatware (Office, McAfee, Norton, etc.) free
    • Average (not thin, not bulky) build
    • Ideally with the option of installing 2-3 M.2 SSDs in RAID-0
    • 15" or 16" with 4K display (OLED a plus. 500+ nits a plus)
    • Without features that probably won't work with Linux (e.g. Windows Hello, fingerprint sensor, etc)

    Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/Algorithmopolus
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel