• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Sunday, January 10, 2021

    Can't load Android system. Stuck on "data may be corrupt" screen. Please help Android Help

    Can't load Android system. Stuck on "data may be corrupt" screen. Please help Android Help


    Can't load Android system. Stuck on "data may be corrupt" screen. Please help

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 02:02 PM PST

    I'm in a huge panic, I need help. Please.

    I dropped my phone a couple of weeks ago and have since replaced it with a new phone/transferred the SIM card. While I had my old phone (Google Pixel 2) plugged in, it must've auto-updated itself and now I keep getting this screen:

    https://i.imgur.com/NY0yHOr.jpg

    When I google the problem, I find a lot of links talking about a lot of stuff that I honestly don't understand. I'm fairly tech literate, in that I can troubleshoot and follow instructions that I find on google, but that's about it.

    I've tried selecting "try again", but am always led back to this screen.

    I have also tried this set of troubleshooting instructions that I found when googling the issue:

    "Steps to resolve:

    1. Let the phone boot to the failure screen
    2. Select "Try again" and then as soon as the screen goes blank, hold Power and Down to enter Fastboot. You have to do it at this step otherwise the phone knows there is a problem and returns you to the error.
    3. Select recovery from the Fastboot menu and press power briefly. Hopefully now the screen will load with the android and "no command" message.
    4. hold power and press up - Actual recovery should load
    5. Scroll down to 'Wipe cache partition' and press power
    6. Scroll to Yes and press power.
    7. Scroll to 'Power Off' and press power
    8. Turn phone back on - hopefully it boots now!"

    Unfortunately, after step 4, I just got the same "can't load android system" screen. Recovery never loaded, there was no "wipe cache partition" option.

    The options listed are:

    • reboot system now
    • reboot to bootloader
    • apply update from ADB
    • apply update from SD card
    • wipe data/factory reset
    • mount /system
    • view recovery logs
    • run graphics test
    • run locale test
    • power off

    So I would really really appreciate any help from you guys. There are very valuable pictures of my grandparents/pets and audio files that I would desperately like to recover. Next time I'll be more proactive and save everything somewhere else as well.

    submitted by /u/Wpg_violinist67
    [link] [comments]

    Unusable screen, USB debugging not enabled - is there any way to double check to see if my phone was successfully factory reset?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 08:04 PM PST

    I have a Pixel 2 with a smashed screen. The screen does not turn on at all. I borrowed someone else's phone of the same model to go through the bootloader to factory reset the phone. Google Find My Phone no longer finds the phone. However, I also already activated my number on my new phone, so I'm not sure if it's because I reset it successfully or not. Is there any way to find out if the phone has been successfully reset without being able to use the screen at all?

    submitted by /u/autumnscarf
    [link] [comments]

    I have a Samsung phone & have disabled the autofill service in both language & privacy sections in settings. Then how is it that when I installed Signal (which only had contacts permission), read the OTP from my phone's messaging app?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 10:07 PM PST

    What did I do wrong? (trying to flash the firmware on a samsung phone)

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 10:06 PM PST

    OK so I have a kind of old Samsung phone that's google locked, and I did some research on how to flash the firmware. So I downloaded the Samsung USB drivers, Odin tool, and of course a compatible firmware version; then went through all the steps, everything worked like it was supposed to, with the phone actually updating the firmware upon restart – but I see it's still google locked after all this. Did I miss a step or something? Thanks

    submitted by /u/rjstim
    [link] [comments]

    What is this?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 09:22 AM PST

    https://imgur.com/a/l5BelSx

    I couldn't find it with the apps not even with the system apps, I had to format my phone to get rid of it

    I run lineage OS 17.1 on Xiaomi Redmi Note 7.

    submitted by /u/lIlIllIllIlIll
    [link] [comments]

    How do I stop scammer/spammer email messages with 20 people in the groupchat.

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 07:12 PM PST

    How do I, a very non-technicalogical caveman, go about keeping these insanely annoying spam email account messages from pinging my phone everyday?

    Essentially for the past 2 months I have been getting email text messages from "scammer/spammerIcantthreatenviolence@gmail.com" which includes 20 other numbers in the group chat on a very infuriating regular basis. So far I know of 2 ways that only bandaid, or end up inconveniencing me even more type solutions.

    Solution 1 mute notifications for that SINGLE spam chat, and then delete the conversation. Solution 2 being to turn on a setting where no messages are sent in group conversations, but this ends up screwing me over when talking to family or work since now the group messages come in individually in seperate text message chats rather then a group whole.

    I beg anyone to please tell me how I can end this insanely annoying problem.

    The carrier I have is AT&T in the USA, and I am using a Samsung Galaxy S10.

    submitted by /u/AVeryConfusedRedhead
    [link] [comments]

    What does this means?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 06:55 PM PST

    Hi so I had trouble with notifications not popping up on my revvl 4 so I decided to factory reset since I did a factory reset this keeps on popping up every time I swipe up. http://imgur.com/gallery/E5Q6sVd

    Also since I did a factory reset to fix my notifications it's not fixed at all can you guys help me with that to?

    submitted by /u/Ouid2436
    [link] [comments]

    store and sync user data

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 02:05 PM PST

    I am creating an Android app (using Android studio) and later an ios app. After the user has created an account They will produce a few .txt files (I guess less than 1MB per user) these files will be updated every few minutes and then have to be stored somewhere (e.g. a cloud for the app) to sync between platforms or to restore data when reinstalling the app. So the question is what to use to accomplish that? I know about firebase but I don't want to pay for every "Document writes" cuz there is going to be a lot of them.

    submitted by /u/Emarceen
    [link] [comments]

    Smartphone randomly ringing caused by "find my phone"

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 05:31 PM PST

    My OnePlus 6t just just rang and the notification log proved, that it was Googles find my phone service.

    But I didn't initiate it.

    In my Google activity feed there is also no voice record that my Google Home heard me say "Find my phone"

    Since I am the only one with access to my account, as far as I can think either someone got access to it (but i have 2 factor authentication activated) or there was a bug with Googles services.

    Has anyone experienced a similar behavior?

    Or has anyone another idea what to check for a cause?

    submitted by /u/Progaros
    [link] [comments]

    Galaxy s20 FE TMobile locked! Need help to work with AT&T

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 05:22 PM PST

    So i bought a galaxy s20 FE 5G t-mobile phone, from a seller of facebook. But im trying to put an at&t sim card in it. Is there a way to carrier unlock it? I called TMobile and they said it can't be unlocked because I'm don't have information of the first owner. Any website or something i can do to unlock it

    submitted by /u/eatmymecos3
    [link] [comments]

    Apps Removing Themselves From Device

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 02:55 AM PST

    I'm using an LG V10 (Verizon) on Android version 6.0 (security patch level 12/1/17) and when I turn off my phone, my browser app (Dolphin) Google Voice, Google Keep, Gmail, Google Authenticator and Amino show not on my device. So I redownload them and decided not to turn my phone at night. This worked for awhile then my device would delete the Play Store, CBS Sports, Google Keep, Google Voice, Snapchat, Dolphin Browser, Telegram and a few games. I reloaded the Play store by downloading the APK file from APK Pure in order to get it back and then had to redownload play services along with the other apps. This also started happening this month. I'm trying to get an answer before going full reset (nearly 4 years with this device). Anyone got an answer?

    submitted by /u/ColdFreeway
    [link] [comments]

    S20 exiting apps to another launcher?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 04:23 PM PST

    Hey guys, I use Microsoft launcher and have loved it, no issues. However, today I restarted my phone and was sent to a screen asking to enable Samsung daily, I exited it, to find I was in the One UI default launcher. Hitting home again brought me back to the ms launcher. Irritatingly tho, whenever I close all apps, it keeps reverting to one ui, until I hit home again? Any idea why it's doing this, I still have the ms launcher set to default on everything I could find, but one ui keeps popping it's head up.

    submitted by /u/sml592
    [link] [comments]

    Is there an easy clipboard sync method between PC & Android?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 10:21 AM PST

    I mostly create a draft in Outlook on PC and copy it on my phone from the app. Is there an easier way?I use SwiftKey and prefer to stay at it.

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/Anito1992
    [link] [comments]

    Back Up/Transfer from Galaxy 8+ Messed up Screen

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 03:53 PM PST

    To start, I hang my head in shame for not backing up my phone and I've now learned my lesson - promise! So please show mercy. ( :

    This week the screen on my Galaxy 8-plus started flickering out of nowhere (it had accumulated some cracks over the years despite it's having a screen cover and case).

    Now it normally shows a yellowish color with what appears to be a faint screen burn of the keypad. But it's not completely dead because it's still touch sensitive and it will *sometimes* flicker just enough for me to be able to navigate to settings.

    From what I gather it's a hardware issue because it does the same thing in safe mode. I haven't been able to discern a pattern as to why it sometimes flickers for up to 30 seconds allowing me to see the screen. Anyone know of a way to encourage that to happen? Is it likely to just get worse? Any idea of whether this could be fixed by repair shop?

    I got an S10+ as a replacement and want to try to transfer everything thing over, including the contents of my secure folder. Here are the options I've found that likely won't work because they are not simple enough to do in the brief seconds I can see the screen:

    - I don't have a Samsung account, so setting one up and trying to type in an email address and password to be able to back up is too complicated

    - I don't think I'd be able to take the actions required to search the store and download smart switch.

    - I think, with some effort, I could make my way through settings to turn off debugging, but I see conflicting info about that being a good idea.

    - I looked into screen mirroring programs, but I'm concerned about paying for something that might not work and some of the pages seem shady, also many require downloading an app to my phone. But recommendations of a reliable service that doesn't require an on phone app and let's me at least test it without paying anything could work.

    - Try to back up everything to Google Drive. I'd need to pay for expanded space, but I'm signed into Drive on my phone, maybe this could work?

    - Oh, and I have a working SD card that can be switched between my new and old phone? Is there any way that can be of use? Can a full back up (including secure folder) somehow be sent to the SD card with a few clicks without downloading an app? Or can I download an app like smart switch to the SD card on my new phone and use it in the broken one?

    Sorry for the long post. I just wanted to let people know what I've already tried and considered. TIA!

    EDIT to add that my laptop is a Macbook.

    submitted by /u/cutlass15
    [link] [comments]

    Stop navigation bar rotation?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 03:12 PM PST

    I've got a Lenovo Tab M8 and I'm wondering if anyone knows a way to keep the navigation bar in one location regardless of screen rotation
    I'm rather used to the nav bar staying at the "bottom" of my screen on my phone and would prefer if I could have my tablet do the same

    submitted by /u/Blurgas
    [link] [comments]

    YouTube Music App Stops Playing When the Screen Goes Dark

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 07:17 AM PST

    Look at this:

    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rAxacSc_so_zDDmT20ACPIQ00IoIUMCV/view?usp=sharing

    There. It just goes out when the screen goes dark. As you can see, you can tease the proximity sensor to bring it from total silence to horribly choppy playback. Sometimes. Or not. At other times it works fine for days, sometimes weeks. And then it all starts happening again and I can't get rid of it.

    This is a Pixel 3a running stock Android 11, all updates. Not rooted, no custom ROM or anything. And it's a YT Music premium account, I'm paying 12 Euros a month for this.

    In Google Play Music I never had this problem. It worked flawlessly right until the day they shut it down.

    Needless to say, I'm a little p*ssed.

    Has anyone else seen this? What might be going on here?

    submitted by /u/multi_io
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to connect dual bluetooth/wired headphones at the same time to two different devices.

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 02:48 PM PST

    For example, the Bluetooth is connected to a phone while the cord is connected to the switch. I wanna be able to hear from both devices at the same time.

    submitted by /u/Kuroushin
    [link] [comments]

    Whenever I save an image from google hangouts, my phone thinks it's from the year 52993.

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 02:45 PM PST

    How to I stop it from doing this? It's kind of annoying as all the stuff I save from there is always at the top and I have to scroll down a bit to see my recent pictures.

    Edit: I should add that it didn't do this in the past, and that this phone is a samsung galaxy s10e

    submitted by /u/RemoSteve
    [link] [comments]

    Problem with a new phone

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 02:22 PM PST

    I just upgraded from a Google pixel 2xl to a Samsung galaxy a71 5g uw and two of my contacts are receiving messages I send with the new phone but their replys only show up on my old phone when connected to the wifi. I go through Verizon and they said the sim card and everything seems to be set up right. Does anyone have an idea of what's going on?

    submitted by /u/xmyxbigxbeefinxdongx
    [link] [comments]

    Screen freezing regularly

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 02:15 PM PST

    I have a Nokia 7 Plus, on Android 10.

    The screen keeps freezing and not responding to touch. I regularly have to lock the phone, unlock it and then the screen works again.

    I've done a factory reset and it made no difference. What's the next best step? I can reboot in Safe Mode and see if the issue reoccurs?

    submitted by /u/benji1304
    [link] [comments]

    How does the process of showing notification works in android (both with or without Google services installed or not like in case of Pixel and Lineage OS device)?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 06:22 AM PST

    Hi, can someone tell me about this com.asus.shim

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 01:08 PM PST

    If it acts as a middleman then can it intercept data?

    Or i just didn't understand shim well enough?

    it was being used by my adguard app on my android phone so im kinda puzzled as to what it is exactly

    Googling i cant find anything regarding com.asus.shim but its a system app on my phone

    submitted by /u/Darkskysz
    [link] [comments]

    No sim detected, blank IMEI on OnePlus 7 Pro 5G custom rom

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 12:33 PM PST

    I recently flashed HavocOS to my OnePlus 7 Pro 5G (gm-1925 converted to EU firmware) and everything worked like normal except for the fact that it did not detect my sim card, and when dialing *#06# the IMEI was blank. I have since gone back to stock with RenovateICE but if I can find a way to get the sim card working I would much rather go to HavocOS. Any tips or advice for making it detect the sim card or is it just not possible to use the sim card on the 7 Pro 5G with this rom?

    submitted by /u/ZxYnWav
    [link] [comments]

    Does Motorola One Action receives monthly security updates?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 12:29 PM PST

    I'm considering buying this model and I'm wondering if it is updated on regular basis (excluding major Android updates which I know tend to take some time to release).

    submitted by /u/FallenLeaf54
    [link] [comments]

    Realme c3 screen lag and poor touch sensitivity

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 12:25 PM PST

    Couple weeks ago i bought an realme c3 and i've been having this problem with the screen sometimes that it won't "detect" my first touch in the screen, i have to click 2-3 times in an app, or it will get stuck a little when i want to scroll up or down, as seen in the video i try to scroll down and it stucks.

    i'll leave a short video of the problem so that it's more clear. Anyone has any idea what is this problem due to?

    Link to video: https://streamable.com/nglwep

    submitted by /u/AyaCocaine28
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel