• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Friday, July 5, 2019

    Weekly "anything goes" thread! Android Dev

    Weekly "anything goes" thread! Android Dev


    Weekly "anything goes" thread!

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 05:41 AM PDT

    Here's your chance to talk about whatever!

    Although if you're thinking about getting feedback on an app, you should wait until tomorrow's App Feedback thread.

    Remember that while you can talk about any topic, being a jerk is still not allowed.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I received Google AAD Certification last week AMA about it!!!

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 07:07 AM PDT

    How do I create such graphs? An explanation or a link to a tutorial would be very appreciated

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 04:38 AM PDT

    Amazon hosting pirated copy of my app!

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 11:21 AM PDT

    Hi everyone, do any of you have experience with reporting infringing content to Amazon?

    Someone/some company called Creative apps has published pirated version of my app as well as tens of other apps.

    I have reported and them three times via https://www.amazon.com/report/infringement

    On each occasion, Amazon refused to take it down because "I have not supplied identification of the intellectual property right asserted ". I am keep explaining to them that they are publishing pirated version but it is like talking to a brick wall.

    It looks like I will have to give up. Amazon being a giant that it is, I have no resources to fight.

    submitted by /u/NLL-APPS
    [link] [comments]

    Made an app with the Philips Hue SDK

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 01:40 AM PDT

    Here is an app I made that utilizes the Philips Hue SDK and an open API from an energy company.

    What does the app do?

    You pair your Philips Hue bridge to the app and the app fetches your energy price for that hour, and then changes the color of your bulbs based on how expensive or cheap your energy is. Simple? Simple! Red = Expensive, Blue = Normal...you get the idea.

    Where is the source code?

    Well here it is: https://github.com/Akshshr/PricetoLight

    What concepts could I find in the app?

    - How to work with Philips Hue SDK

    - Android Data Binding

    - Retrofit and simple HTTP requests

    - GSON and GSON Fire Builders

    - Custom graph views

    Can I just take the source code?

    Of course! Use, copy and specially steal! I only take 2 BTC as payment OR a shoutout!

    Is the app live, can I just run it first?

    Of course! Here is the link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pricetolight

    What language did you use?

    Good old Java!

    Edit: Added which language the app is written in.

    submitted by /u/akshshr
    [link] [comments]

    How should I deploy multi module android library in maven?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 01:01 PM PDT

    Hello, I am an SDK developer and I modularised our library a lot. I have created 7 different modules and it works well. the problem is that I don't know how should I deploy that SDK, while keeping all 6 modules private and obscure their code as much as possible with proguard.

    Right now if i deploy each library as separate module with applied proguard in consumerProguardFiles, some classes are missing and are not accessible, because proguard has been enabled. If I remove proguard, then all source code is visible, which is even greater problem.

    I hope there are more SDK developers :) Riight now the only solution I found is this:
    https://android.jlelse.eu/releasing-multi-module-android-library-in-gradle-7286cd667b4b
    However, I think there should be better solution in terms of proguard. Or is it the right choice?

    submitted by /u/wellbranding
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to replicate Uber car tracking in Google maps?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 01:57 PM PDT

    Hello, am wondering if its possible to achieve Uber's smooth car marker movement in Google maps ?

    Am trying to make it on my own. But I'd just end up adding separate markers as I move instead of actually moving that single marker.

    Example : http://imgur.com/gallery/MVjIx1S

    Am quite new to the Map SDK and it's components, could really use some suggestions.

    Thanks in advance !

    submitted by /u/Zutch
    [link] [comments]

    Reactive X: RxJava Data Flows: Observable, Flowable, Single, Maybe and Completable

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 04:32 AM PDT

    Complete new GP-form by September...

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 10:14 AM PDT

    I nearly missed this one...it says it has to be completed until 1 September (i assume app will be removed after that date).

    The form is about if your app has only a 18+ target audience, also includes children or primarily includes children.

    Depending on the case, lots of pretty complex requirements need to be fulfilled after form submission, it's not like before with a yes/no statement.

    I visit this forum daily so i don't miss stuff like this, but how was this missed? I saw nobody talking about this..

    submitted by /u/RandomHandle31
    [link] [comments]

    Need Legal Advice. Can I publish the code I purchased, it is already published there.

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 01:31 PM PDT

    How to refresh layout/context from list adapter (I think this is what i need)

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 01:06 PM PDT

    Hi guys. Im having a bug that i cant understand the reason and how to resolve it. I belive that is a problem of layout/view/context refresh but i dont know.

    I have a cell from a listView(I prefer recyclerView but the project has years) and in the corner of the cell i have a button to show more options. Programatically it just make an element View.GONE and another element View.VISIBLE.

    I will attach code in a moment

    To this button i setted too a listener that when i tap on it it do the opposite of below mentioned. It shows some elements and hide an entire LinearLayout from the cell. The elements are showed BUT the LinearLayout keeps on the screen like bugged. If i tap anywhere it disappears and if i try to tap on it it disappears too. Its like the view of that linear got bugged and keep in there like a ghost view. I will shop some pictures.

    The cell normally at the beginning: https://imgur.com/1BjK0KP

    The cell after i press the entire view to show the LinearLayout at the bottom of the cell: https://imgur.com/eONSptW

    The cell after i press the arrow of the corner to hide the LinearLayout. Here it shows the view bugged https://imgur.com/jrT0qxV

    The cell after i tap anywhere else https://imgur.com/XD1jN7U

    public void expandView(View view){
    final View cellView = view;
    final LinearLayout editLinear = (LinearLayout) view.findViewById(R.id.cart_edit);
    editLinear.setVisibility(View.VISIBLE);
    final TextViewFont countText = (TextViewFont) view.findViewById(R.id.itemCount);
    countText.setVisibility(View.GONE);
    final TextViewFont total = (TextViewFont) view.findViewById(R.id.itemTotal);
    final ImageView imageViewArrow = (ImageView) view.findViewById(R.id.cart_edit_image);
    imageViewArrow.setImageDrawable(context.getResources().getDrawable(R.drawable.icon_arrow_up));
    //notifyDataSetChanged();
    imageViewArrow.setOnClickListener(new View.OnClickListener() {
    @Override
    public void onClick(View view) {
    countText.setVisibility(View.VISIBLE);
    editLinear.setVisibility(View.GONE);
    imageViewArrow.setImageDrawable(context.getResources().getDrawable(R.drawable.icon_arrow_down));
    }
    });

    submitted by /u/CiroGG
    [link] [comments]

    I'm learning with Rob Percival's Udemy course but at least some stuff seems outdated, like using ListView instead of RecyclerView. What should I do?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 12:33 PM PDT

    I'm new to programming and am trying to learn to build for Android.

    submitted by /u/jointventuredan
    [link] [comments]

    Wrong Android studio warning

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 10:25 AM PDT

    Hi all while creating filter lambda for a list I am getting wrong warning

    val filter = when (filterMode) {
    FilterMode.ALL -> {
    { ques: GreBaseQues -> true }
    }
    FilterMode.NOT_PROCESSED -> {
    { ques: GreBaseQues -> ques.accepted == null }
    }
    FilterMode.ACCEPTED -> {
    { ques: GreBaseQues -> ques.accepted == true }
    }
    FilterMode.REJECTED -> {
    { ques: GreBaseQues -> ques.accepted == false }
    }
    }

    For the above snippet of code, I am getting warning that "Parameter ques is never used could be renamed to _" after applying the suggested modification which is like the below code

    val filter = when (filterMode) {
    FilterMode.ALL -> {
    { _: GreBaseQues -> true }
    }
    FilterMode.NOT_PROCESSED -> {
    { ques: GreBaseQues -> ques.accepted == null }
    }
    FilterMode.ACCEPTED -> {
    { ques: GreBaseQues -> ques.accepted == true }
    }
    FilterMode.REJECTED -> {
    { ques: GreBaseQues -> ques.accepted == false }
    }
    }

    I am getting Redundant lambda arrow, which suggests me remove the arrow and after removing that I get the error of type mismatch

    Is this a known bug in android studio linter or I am missing something?

    submitted by /u/atulgpt
    [link] [comments]

    Android security patch.

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 10:10 AM PDT

    I need help in merging latest Android security patches to rom source. I googled and found a lot of manual process, Are there any simpler way to do it like scripts etc? Thanks

    submitted by /u/darkmacrocosm
    [link] [comments]

    silly question about permission

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 05:48 AM PDT

    Hi have a silly question: when i enter a specific app section, i have a call to a service that tells the app which url use to download a specific file.

    Coming back that method i have a callback that goes back to UI and check for permissions to store download. If permission is allowed i can use this parameter right away but if permission is not granted, i have request permission and on coming back i can download the file. What i need to do is to store somehow this url.

    Is there a way to pass it to permission checking window/activity process and have it back inside onPermissionResult callback ?

    I know i can store it temporary in viewmodel of that activity, but it's a workaround (and it's against immutability)

    submitted by /u/moffetta78
    [link] [comments]

    Custom ICC profile. Possible to install?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 09:14 AM PDT

    Hi guys!

    Why on android we cant install and use custom icc profiles, for examoles to calibrate my smartphone screen? thx

    submitted by /u/GINK0SAN
    [link] [comments]

    AMOLED Notification LED App

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 06:15 AM PDT

    Want your old LED back? Checkout this app in Oneplus6T forums. Though this is tested on OP6T should work for all devices on Android Oreo and above..

    Link: https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-6t/themes/app-amoled-notification-light-t3943715

    Before posting an issue maybe go through the posts in the forums

    submitted by /u/hssahdev
    [link] [comments]

    Crash tracking on SDK

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 06:04 AM PDT

    Hello,

    We are developing an Android SDK. We want to track crashes on production. Is there any use case to track crashes on SDK?

    submitted by /u/sniperr69
    [link] [comments]

    Where can I get the pdf's Version of Android Fundamentals Version -2 pdf ?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 04:38 AM PDT

    Version 1 is available in pdf format but not version 2.

    is there any significant difference between the two?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/babuaaa
    [link] [comments]

    [Need Help] Buttons not visible in the Layout Editor of Android Studio 3.4

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 04:37 AM PDT

    [Need Help] Buttons not visible in the Layout Editor of Android Studio 3.4

    Although many tutorials and videos, I can't see the [baseline edit] [delete constraint] and [cycle chain mode] buttons (x, ab and chainbuttons) below the selected components in the Layout Editor in my updated Android Studio 3.4.1 Is there a way to activate them?

    https://i.redd.it/endvasnw7h831.png

    submitted by /u/LurestCalculus
    [link] [comments]

    If JDBC used directly is unsafe, is it alright to use in a web service?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 03:32 AM PDT

    So I recently learned that using JDBC directly in your Android app to connect to a database will cause a lot of problems. So If I wrote a web service which connects to the database and passes the result to the app, will this configuration work? Is that the conventional way for an android app to connect to the database(Postgres)? Any like the direct usage, can this configuration also be compromised(DB username and password)?

    submitted by /u/Lover_hater_9
    [link] [comments]

    Hyper V bricked my laptop!

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 06:17 AM PDT

    Hello! So the story begins like this:

    I have an Asus tuf fx705DT(just a month old). It has Ryzen 3700H(with Vega graphics) and GTX 1650. I begin Android Dev only to remember that Android emulator doesn't support Amd chips directly. I enable SVM in BIOS Since I have Windows 10 Home, I enable Windows Hypervisor Technology. I reboot, hoping everything works fine, but it doesn't. The laptop shows up a black screen. Multiple reboots, same thing. Therefore, I disable SVM in BIOS and reboot again. Still no luck. On rebooting, the windows repair options show up. I run advanced repair, it runs successfully but only once. I reboot but now there is this new problem: The moment the OEM screen ends, this BSOD shows up: "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED". The lappy restarts and repair options show up. I am forever stuck in this loop. I have tried disabling Hyper V through BCDedit(using cmd on repair screen). But still no luck. I tried running sfc /scannow. But it gives me an error, saying Windows resource protection could not perform this operation. I have tried the system repair option in Advanced settings too, but it gives an error this time. So, I am stuck in BSOD-repair loop and have no solution. People of Reddit, please help me!

    submitted by /u/msrr18
    [link] [comments]

    Tranfering data to a website from an Android App

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 02:25 AM PDT

    Hey guys, I hope ya'll are having great days/lives! If you guys have any time, I'd love some help!

    So, I'm developing an app where I want to be able to input data into my phone and then later have the app update a website to show the new/edited data. And this will happen continuously. So more detailed version:

    • Take Data
    • Some minor data processing
    • Send data to server/Update website
    • Repeat

    Right now, I just learned how to use a Github repository to host a website. After I finish up learning about website design. I plan on looking into sync adapters as they were the first tool I found about linking apps to servers to transmit information. I've also looked into using firebase as a server, and have my website update from information on the server. (If that's how it works)

    So my question is does anyone know what I could google to find more information about how to do this? To be specific I'm looking for methods of transferring the data to a server(if my understanding of how websites work is correct). Or if they have any recommendations or experience on an efficient way of doing this, so I can google how to do it. If not, it's all good I will learn eventually. What I'm doing now is finishing up learning the fundamentals of website design so I can get a basic website, and then learn how websites work so I can find a way to link my app to a website.

    Again. Thank you for your help! Thank you for reading! And Thank you for your Time!

    submitted by /u/FerociousChicken
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel