• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Friday, July 5, 2019

    Laptops Notebookcheck showing signs of being on consumers side

    Laptops Notebookcheck showing signs of being on consumers side


    Notebookcheck showing signs of being on consumers side

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 12:21 AM PDT

    They put out an article talking about Dell XPS model problems and how the early reviews of XPS 7590 will be just simple first impressions. And this is exactly how I feel also. Actually I would go further and say that most "reviews" are completely superficial and I know of no other site that has the actual deep reviews with proper technical stats that notebookcheck has. They are a proper review site.

    In addition they actually put out articles such as this one, openly warning consumers about certain flaws in laptops.

    Be careful about the Dell XPS 7590. Chances are Dell has not been able to fix issues in this generation either.

    https://www.notebookcheck.net/Any-XPS-15-7590-review-already-out-isn-t-a-review.427008.0.html

    submitted by /u/LivingIncident
    [link] [comments]

    Is this an okay amount of thermal paste?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 01:12 PM PDT

    On the go Game Developing laptop?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 08:00 AM PDT

    I need a light, compact, silent laptop for when I'm in my bed or on the go and I need to do 3D modeling, rendering, coding, And multitasking with different windows. I prefer 16gb Ram, and a strong 6 core CPU IF POSSIBLE. And a graphic card in there as well. I need it to be lightweight no more than 5lbs. And a decent size. Please link me the options and the limit is 1,400 dollars.

    submitted by /u/Swag22OA
    [link] [comments]

    I see lots of hate towards Macbook saying I can get a better value for my money, but all the alternatives get just as much hate. What the hell am I supposed to buy for photo/video editing?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 12:37 PM PDT

    As the title reads, I see lots of hate towards Macbook with a lot of users telling me I can get a laptop of much better value with my money. But whenever I ask about the alternatives, they get just as much flak as the Macbook.

    ----

    I've narrowed it down and I am between:

    New 2018 Macbook Air (13-inch Retina Screen, 1.6GHz dual-core Intel Core i5, 256GB SSD) - $1249

    New 2017 Macbook Pro (13-inch, 2.3GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD) -$1393

    New Microsoft Surface Pro 6 (1.9GHz Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM, 256GBSSD) -$1185

    New Microsoft Surface Book 2 (Intel Core i5, 13.5" LCD Screen, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD) - $1145

    I will also attach the form at the bottom so you can get a better idea of why I need it.

    ----

    • Total budget and country of purchase:
      • $1500, but a little flexible. USA
    • Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money? Pick or include any that apply.
      • From most important to least: Best specs, battery, 2 in 1
    • How important is weight and thinness to you?
      • I will be taking this with me while I backpack SE Asia, so weight and thinness matters to a degree
    • Which OS do you require? Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Linux.
      • Open to anything
    • Do you have a preferred screen size? If indifferent, put N/A.
      • Preferably on the smaller end
    • Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run.
      • The main purpose, and pretty much the only purpose, will be for editing photos/videos. Lightroom, adobe, etc.
    • If you're gaming, do you have certain games you want to play? At what settings and FPS do you want?
      • No gaming at all
    • Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)?
      • N/A
    • Leave any finishing thoughts here that you may feel are necessary and beneficial to the discussion.
      • N/A
    submitted by /u/musicandtacos
    [link] [comments]

    Poor Windows Performance Compared to Mac

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 03:08 PM PDT

    I have a Dell XPS 15 with 32 GB of RAM with an i7 & 1TB SSD. On paper this this should fly and handle anything. Compared to my older Macbook Pro, with only 8 GB of RAM, its not really meeting my expectations. Any ideas why this may be the case? I've done a factory reset with minimal software installed. Don't get me wrong, its not a slouch, I am just surprised how snappy my old MBP is in comparison with only a 1/4 of the RAM.

    submitted by /u/seag33k
    [link] [comments]

    CPU and GPU utilization dip down to 5% every few seconds playing games...

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 09:03 AM PDT

    I recently got a brand new Asus zephyrus g oh, and I can't play a single game, from pubg to csgo, without huge drops in fps (10fps or below) every 8 Seconds. I already talked about it with Asus support, and they had me completely reinstall my NVIDIA drivers, but that didn't fix the issue. I appreciate any and all suggestions!

    submitted by /u/Teman2001
    [link] [comments]

    In a bit of a time crunch and need a new laptop before my flight in the morning. Help me decide which laptop to get please!

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 02:47 PM PDT

    Flight leaves at 5 a.m. tomorrow so I have to go to a store tonight for a laptop. Mine went out last night and I cant get it back up. It looks like my 2 options are

    https://www.microcenter.com/product/607104/omen-15-dc1054nr-156-gaming-laptop-computer---black

    and

    https://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-15-6-gaming-laptop-amd-ryzen-7-16gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1660-ti-max-q-512gb-solid-state-drive-metalic-hairline-black/6335912.p?skuId=6335912

    Any help is much appreciated. I usually research this stuff but im in a hurry so im looking to the experts. Thank you.

    submitted by /u/Fattywonder
    [link] [comments]

    Is the MSI GS65 8RF Stealth worth the money?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 02:32 PM PDT

    I'm about to buy a laptop on which i would be playing (mostly older games like Dota 2, CSGO, Rainbow Siege, PoE) and doing "paperwork"/ presentations. I'm always moving around and cant really own a PC due to my life in the army. So i started looking around at laptops with a budwt about 2000€ and the MSI GS65 8RF seems like a decent deal to me, but maybe there are laptops better and cheaper than this model? The fact that its very thin and light also a big plus. If anyone got a suggestion or an advice, i'de appriciate it.

    submitted by /u/Failatron
    [link] [comments]

    Which would you choose? Higher resolution or more hard drive?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 02:10 PM PDT

    They are essentially the same price (1,000 USD) so that is not a factor. I am going to school, so I plan for the laptop I choose to last me a while. Thank you very much.

    Lenovo 15 Flex 15.6"

    Intel i-7

    512GB SSD

    16gb RAM

    1.0TB 5400RPM

    2GB NVIDIA GeForce MX230

    Full HD resolution

    HP Envy 13"

    Intel i-7

    512GB SSD

    16gb RAM

    GeForce MX150 2 GB

    4k resolution

    submitted by /u/NervousMixture5
    [link] [comments]

    Help With HP Notebook 15 Touchpad

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 02:07 PM PDT

    I cannot use my touchpad and keyboard at the same time. When I first got my laptop a couple years ago, I could but recently I realized I no longer can. I've tried every piece of advice from the HP support forums but nothing has helped. I just want to play games on my laptop but I cannot since I can't use both. Any and all advice would be very appreciated

    submitted by /u/laulau1120
    [link] [comments]

    Laptop keyboard not registering all keystrokes

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 02:00 PM PDT

    [Kinda solved] If I want to get all letters, I must type slowly. The problem appeared from one day to another. It's a Dell xps 13, win 10. External keyboard works fine. Does anyone know what causes the problem? Also reinstalled the driver, didn't help.

    Edit: typo.

    Edit: didn't have my power cable plugged in. Plugging it in solved the problem. Still bothers me tho

    submitted by /u/jackowski626
    [link] [comments]

    Razer Blade Pro 2019 Owners - Need honest reviews

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 01:43 PM PDT

    I'm considering a 2070 Model and from the reviews I've seen/read, they all seem to be happy with the performance. I want some real world reviews though.

    I specifically want to know if there are any prominent issue that have come up so far. Also, if anyone has tried running a Rift S off of it.

    submitted by /u/_sideshow_
    [link] [comments]

    AMD Ryzen APUs vs Intel Core i CPUs in laptops?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 04:50 AM PDT

    Hello everyone, I would like to seek your opinion and experiences about AMD's Ryzen and Intel's Core i processors in laptops.

    Let's say we have two identical laptops, except for the processor. One will have a Ryzen 5 2500U and the other a Core i5-8265U. How will they fare against each other in terms of performance, battery life, and pricing?

    Just curious to see how the comparison goes.

    submitted by /u/OutcastedFrom17SG
    [link] [comments]

    Good budget laptop?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 09:31 AM PDT

    • Total budget and country of purchase: £500, United Kingdom

    • Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money? Pick or include any that apply. Good battery life and best spec for the money.

    • How important is weight and thinness to you? Important

    • Which OS do you require? Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Linux. Windows

    • Do you have a preferred screen size? If indifferent, put N/A. Less than 15"

    • Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run. Not on this laptop, have a PC for that.

    • If you're gaming, do you have certain games you want to play? At what settings and FPS do you want? N/A

    • Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)? Good keyboard would be nice, not required.

    • Leave any finishing thoughts here that you may feel are necessary and beneficial to the discussion. Laptop will be used for notes and internet at uni. Currently the best option I have found is the Lenovo Ideapad 330s. Has an i5-8250U, 8gb ram, a 256gb SSD and a FHD screen.

    submitted by /u/LordOfSnek
    [link] [comments]

    New Acer Aspire 5 with almost no reviews

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 12:55 PM PDT

    This laptop checks off all of the boxes for what I need, but I can't find any decent reviews for it. Anybody know anything? Should I expect a discount on Prime Day?

    https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Display-i7-8565U-GeForce-A515-54G-73WC/dp/B07QKWHWC9/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=A515-54G-73WC&qid=1562352376&s=gateway&sr=8-1

    submitted by /u/superflyj416
    [link] [comments]

    Best laptop for around £800 for university?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 12:52 PM PDT

    I've been looking at the Matebook X Pro and XPS 9370 but I think both are a little over the price point my parents are willing to let me spend so any recommendations for laptops like those spec/design wise? Or should i just try convince my parents to spend a little but extra to get one?

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/sdl_05
    [link] [comments]

    To whoever owns asus rog strix scar II (GL704GW) please help me out.

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 09:01 AM PDT

    What are the best undervolting settings for my laptop, because when i copied someone's settings on youtube my laptop crashed.

    submitted by /u/Brounies12
    [link] [comments]

    If I were to apply thermal paste, where would it go?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 12:29 PM PDT

    Buying help. Dell XPS vs a Mac.

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 08:41 AM PDT

    Going into high school this fall and therefore I need to buy a laptop. I want to do more with it than just productivity and web surfing. I would like it to be capable of basic video editing, graphic design, gaming or whatever else I may like to try. In addition to that, it will need to last throughout a school day and be portable. I've narrowed it down to either an XPS model or a Mac. I could go either way on screen size and resolution. I'd obviously like better resolution but that may decrease battery life, which I simply can't sacrifice. I have a budget of $1500, but I may be able to squeak that if there's a good enough reason. If I were to buy a Mac I would probably buy a $1700 configuration. please leave your opinions and thank you in advance.

    Also, I'm open for suggestions about laptops besides the ones mentioned above.

    submitted by /u/Foulk-AI
    [link] [comments]

    RAM boot issue

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 08:21 AM PDT

    [WTA] just installed new ram (4gb) from 2gb and after swap 2gb to 4gb it booted just fine. Then I try restart and it won't boot until swap to the old (2gb) one... do you guys have any suggestion to fix this problem?

    submitted by /u/RottenCase
    [link] [comments]

    Going to uni, need a betted laptop

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 07:52 AM PDT

    • Total budget and country of purchase: 200000HUF ( ~620€); Hungary
    • Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money? Pick or include any that apply. -fill here, remove dashes-
    • How important is weight and thinness to you? I'd like something not too heavy nor too thick
    • Which OS do you require? Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Linux. Windows
    • Do you have a preferred screen size? If indifferent, put N/A. Not too big, I'd like to be able to carry it around in my bag
    • Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run. Casual gaming
    • If you're gaming, do you have certain games you want to play? At what settings and FPS do you want? Team Fortress 2, Hearts of Iron IV, Fallout NV; I don't mind low settings
    • Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)? N/A
    • Leave any finishing thoughts here that you may feel are necessary and beneficial to the discussion. I'm going to uni and I'd like to get a new laptop. I have two laptops in mind (though I'm open to any suggestions), but I'm not sure which is better

    Acer Aspire 3 - A315-53G-37RS and Dell Inspiron 3179 228738

    Currently I'm using an Asus X553M

    The Acer seems like the better choice, but will a 15,6" be too bug for me? The Dell is much smaller and has decent specs, but is it better than my current one?

    submitted by /u/Teh_Carrot
    [link] [comments]

    Buggy Fingerprint Reader on the Envy x360 15? AMD Processor

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 10:43 AM PDT

    Cheap laptop to play games

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 06:55 AM PDT

    Can someone please recommend me a cheap laptop so i can play games? The only games i play it's league of legends and Minecraft so i dont think it should be a really good laptop, also it doesn't bother me its it is not gaming i just want a cheap laptop only for this 2 games.

    submitted by /u/Alex_livas
    [link] [comments]

    Cooling/Thermals: MSI GS65 v Razer Blade 15 v ROG Zephyrus M v Gigabyte Aero 15(new 2019 version)

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 10:30 AM PDT

    So I'm trying to decide on a new laptop and I've narrowed it down to these - I'm alright with the design/features/price of all these laptops however I'm having a hard time finding information about the thermals/cooling for each of them. Since cooling is so important on thin and light laptops I was hoping everyone could give their opinion on the cooling capabilities of each of these laptops, here are the links to the laptops I am looking at:

    MSI GS65

    Razer Blade 15

    ROG Zephyrus M

    Gigabyte Aero 15

    submitted by /u/henrythompson24
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel