• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Friday, August 2, 2019

    What on earth is going on with with theming in the may 2019 update (1903)? Windows Help

    What on earth is going on with with theming in the may 2019 update (1903)? Windows Help


    What on earth is going on with with theming in the may 2019 update (1903)?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 12:04 PM PDT

    I updated to 1903 a few days ago and noticed that the taskbar was suddenly white. So I go to settings-personalization-colors and notice for the setting "apply accent color to the following surfaces" the option for "start, taskbar and action center" is grayed out. Thought is was a bug so I went online and found it's not. Apparently by default these have to follow dark or light theme. The only workaround I could find is to use the "windows" theme meaning you cannot have a custom theme.

    What the hell is going on, microsoft.

    submitted by /u/nuclearbananana
    [link] [comments]

    Xbox beta app on win 10 problem

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 06:51 PM PDT

    I cant install the app. Kinda driving me crazy. I'm using my xbox/microsoft account. When I try to get app install is grayed out even though it says I own this app. If I click the 3 dots then install. It brings up another box that says looks like you dont have any applicable devices linked to your microsoft account. When I go to account on web it shows all my devices connected . Not sure what to do.

    Xbox app install error https://imgur.com/gallery/2C9KBrF

    submitted by /u/lockmasterg
    [link] [comments]

    1903 Update

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 05:01 PM PDT

    1903 update has me stuck in a bootloop/ restart to update loop. How do i stop this shit?

    submitted by /u/Zayba
    [link] [comments]

    Looking to possibly switch from mac. What's a good laptop that is relatively cheap and then can be upgraded (ram/ssd/etc.)?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 12:58 PM PDT

    Windows 10 is getting a macOS-like cloud OS restore feature

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 08:32 PM PDT

    Looking for USB webcam recording software from around 2008-2010. It was a simple app that supported recording a virtually unlimited number of UVC USB cameras at native resolution

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 08:44 PM PDT

    Can’t install windows

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 08:26 PM PDT

    I reset my computer and left it to reinstall windows 10, but every time, after getting to about 9% it goes black permanently, how can I fix this, I've tried having it connected to an Ethernet cable and that didn't help much

    submitted by /u/Emerson113mb
    [link] [comments]

    .CMD context menu problem.

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 10:59 AM PDT

    I am hitting a wall here, and hoping maybe someone can help me out. I've got a few .cmd scripts that do some basic repetitive tasks, such as create recurring directory structures, or create a directory with the current date, etc.

    The issue I'm having is that I want to add them to a context menu that can run from the blank space of a directory. I've had some success using apps like Right Click Context Menu Adder 2.0, but the issue remains that when I run the .cmd file from the context menu, it runs at the location of the .cmd file, and not the directory I'm running the context menu from. Here's an example of one of the .cmd files just for reference.

    cd /d %~dp0 for /f "skip=1" %%i in ('wmic os get localdatetime') do if not defined fulldate set fulldate=%%i set year=%fulldate:~0,4% set month=%fulldate:~4,2% set day=%fulldate:~6,2% set foldername=%month%-%day%-%year% md %foldername% 
    submitted by /u/2012EOTW
    [link] [comments]

    Battery Plans Aren’t Here For My Laptop?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 02:59 PM PDT

    As the title says the only battery plan I have is balanced and I've downloaded the .pow files imported them and did the CMD method too and still have nothing. I've gone to create a new plan and the only existing plan is balanced. Anyone have any advice on what to do?

    submitted by /u/BigBiiz123
    [link] [comments]

    Question: Marvell Semiconductor, Inc. – Net – 15.68.17013.110 WiFi driver breaks 5GHz connection on the Surface Book (1st Gen), has anyone have this issue?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 10:45 AM PDT

    The title says it all, I updated the wifi driver to "Marvell Semiconductor, Inc. – Net – 15.68.17013.110", and after that update, I can't connect to a 5GHz wifi connection, I can only connect to 2.4 GHz. when i try to connect to the 5GHz, it says: "Unable to connect to this network". Uninstalling the wifi driver, and restarting the device did help me get the 5GHz connection back to my Surface book, but when i decided to try to install the same driver again, and try to connect to 5GHz again, the same "Unable to connect to this network" appears. Does anyone have this issue?

    submitted by /u/sleong261
    [link] [comments]

    Does Outlook have built-in functionality to save an email to a folder outside of Outlook?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 08:16 AM PDT

    I'm not sure of the correct terminology, but I'm trying to figure out an easy way to save an Outlook email or email chain to a folder on my desktop (or anywhere on my hard drive). I can open the folder and then copy/paste or drag/drop the email into the folder, but is there a way to do this inside of Outlook without opening the destination folder?

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/DirtyWookieScalp
    [link] [comments]

    Can I use license key from old windows 7 pc for new activation on another?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 07:44 AM PDT

    So I am actually going to install windows on a partition on my macbook. I have an old dell windows laptop that was running windows 7 (I think, might have upgraded to windows 10 but unsure). Can I use this old license for the activation of windows on the macbook partition? I won't be using the old laptop, so reuse on that machine is not a concern.

    submitted by /u/gingernuts13
    [link] [comments]

    Resolution vs DPI

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 05:25 AM PDT

    I have a question that has been bugging me for a little while and I can't work out which way to go on it.

    I am used to working at 1080p with 100% on the scaling/DPI.I also hotdesk at work and some of the monitors are 4k.

    When working on a 4k monitor, I can't work out if it is better to leave the resolution at 4k and up the DPI to 175/200% or to lower the resolution to 1080p and have the DPI at 100%.

    Is there a preference from a tech standpoint (perhaps running in a sub-optimal resolution can impact the monitor somehow)?

    It doesn't seem to make that much of a difference to my bad eyesight, but its always good to try to work out what will be best to use in the long run.

    submitted by /u/NecropolisTD
    [link] [comments]

    How can I see time since last charge on Windows 10?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 06:09 AM PDT

    As the title suggests: How can I see time since last charge on Windows 10?

    I'd like to know how long my battery is lasting.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/ALYSTEVENSON
    [link] [comments]

    .bat file help please.

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 04:36 AM PDT

    Hi guys, hoping you can help. The end goal is for all of users to have an icon linked to a website on their desktop....

    I am going to disseminate a newsletter and wanted to include a .bat file within the newsletter, so when they click it it creates an icon on their desktop which when clicked opens the page I desire (https://goape.co.uk/booknow)

    submitted by /u/DrawingDragoon
    [link] [comments]

    Best VPN for school

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 01:39 PM PDT

    Hi everyone I need some advice on choosing a VPN for my laptop as I'm not too comfortable using the school WiFi with my personal information being on my laptop. I don't want to pay more than £30 a year.

    I was looking at Falco VPN which costs around £22 but I don't know much about it.

    I'm open to suggestions, thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/ybs90012
    [link] [comments]

    Windows defender spam

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 02:43 AM PDT

    Occasionally i would get a notification from windows defender every now and then. It would say something like: "Windows defender found viruses" and what not. When i click on it just says "no errors found". Now that pisses me off.

    submitted by /u/RedPz
    [link] [comments]

    Win 7 Can't compress files because they are in Japanese. Fix?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 08:48 AM PDT

    This is the issue. I am not looking to rename the files but rather find a way to make windows 'accept' Japanese.

    submitted by /u/SomeRandomBroski
    [link] [comments]

    Custom ASCII character

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 06:08 AM PDT

    What is the ASCII character code for /,#,%,^,@,* etc on a standard keyboard ?

    I want to add custom ones but I don't know how to get it to be recognized as though it's a part of the keyboard ?

    submitted by /u/SonicSkunk
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for filesharing/workflow solution (iPhone -> Win10)

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 08:11 AM PDT

    Hi friends,

    I am recording videos with my iPhone which I want to easily transfer to my PC and edit. The desired workflow is like this:

    1. Record videos with iPhone
    2. Sync iPhone videos to cloud storage
    3. Synced files are downloaded to external HDD on my PC and ready for editing

    Does anybody know of an app/service that can facilitate something like this? I like Google Drive but it's not a ton of storage space. I was looking at a service like Carbonite.

    If all else fails, I would love an easy way to transfer files from iPhone to PC via bluetooth (I have yet to find an elegant solution)

    Thanks for your help!

    submitted by /u/professorpsycho
    [link] [comments]

    Shouldn’t windows have a temporary log file of what you deleted…?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 10:10 AM PDT

    I have a 10 TB hard drive with over 1123 movies on it, I was moving files around as I was converting some of my blu-ray's to hevc and deleting the h.264 versions and noticed I only had 1121 after I was done... I have no idea which movies I accidentally deleted and it wouldn't be a big deal as I could just download them again from amazon, google play or convert one of my Blu-ray's but I don't know which movies got deleted? Doesn't it seem like a no brainer for windows to keep a temporary log file of the last 100 (or even 20) files that were deleted?

    submitted by /u/senator-blutarsky
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a benchmark for every Windows 10 release?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 04:52 AM PDT

    I keep feeling that every new Windows 10 release get slower and slower and more bloated, but maybe I´m biased.

    This is on several different machines, all well specced:

    XPS 13 with Core i5-8265, 8GB of RAM, 256GB Nvme SSD

    XPS 15 with Core i7, 8GB of RAM, 1TB Nvme SSD

    Ryzen 1700 with 32GB of RAM, 1TB Nvme SSD.

    Is there any benchmark comparing diferent Windows 10 versions? Specially the latest ones (1803, 1809, 1903).

    submitted by /u/kelembu
    [link] [comments]

    I have an HP laptop (don’t know the exact model) with an intel i7, 8GB ram and 1TB memory. I think it’s really slow, what do you think?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 03:51 AM PDT

    So from sleep mode, it takes 1 min 23 secs from my homepage (where I type in my password) to open my browser. After that, I tried to open Microsoft word (not a document, just the program) and it took 3 min and 38 sec. Is this really slow or am I just complaining?

    1 TB Storage*

    submitted by /u/bcktothefuture
    [link] [comments]

    Skype keeps installing itself ... win 10

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 01:13 AM PDT

    I have had to remove skype from my PC multiple times, and somehow it keeps popping up. I don't want this bullshit on my PC. I don't want candy crush ads in my start menu. I don't want any garbage apps that come bundled with win10 now. I don't want popups continuously telling me that I need to register for MS Office. Windows is becoming hot garbage.

    submitted by /u/crucifixi0n
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel