• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Friday, August 2, 2019

    OnePlus Feedback Friday (August 02, 2019) - Your weekly feedback thread!

    OnePlus Feedback Friday (August 02, 2019) - Your weekly feedback thread!


    Feedback Friday (August 02, 2019) - Your weekly feedback thread!

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 07:18 AM PDT

    This is /r/oneplus' weekly thread for subreddit/moderation feedback. Please leave all your concerns, questions, suggestions etc for the subreddit here.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    R.I.P. My OnePlus 7 pro

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 06:38 AM PDT

    I bought the beautiful phone 1 month ago and was the best phone I have had. Yesterday I got pushed in a pool and the phone was in my pocket, I quickly threw my phone onto a towel but it was too late. No sim detected. I was furious i tried to shut it down but the screen just started to flicker. i googled how to force shut it down on a friends phone and finally shut it down but i think its too late. :(

    submitted by /u/imdevve
    [link] [comments]

    Made the leap!!

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 05:03 PM PDT

    Ordered my 12gb Nebula Blue OP7Pro today. I'm coming from a Google Pixel 2xl. I love my camera on my 2xl. Anything I should be worried about? I'm excited for a new phone. Especially before vacation!!

    submitted by /u/Mobile_Expert
    [link] [comments]

    OnePlus tells us why its camera is not where it wants to be

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 05:01 PM PDT

    The most underrated feature of the OP7 Pro

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 06:53 PM PDT

    This vibration motor is so much better than all of the other android phones I use. It feels amazing to type on or get notifications with. It's a serious step up and it's really made my experience using it a lot better and made it feel more premium.

    submitted by /u/dbailyn
    [link] [comments]

    Does the one plus 7 pro really need a screen protector??

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 10:12 AM PDT

    It doesn't look like there are many good tempered glass screen protectors about for the 7pro ( apart from maybe the Whitestone one), I know the one I'm using at the moment looks rubbish, not a fan of the dot matrix or black border. Ive just changed from an iPhone 6 so not had many dealings with gorilla glass, how good is it? In terms of being scratch resistant is a screen protector really worth it?

    submitted by /u/Rafacooney
    [link] [comments]

    Getting tired of slow updates on Galaxy S10. A few questions.

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 07:46 PM PDT

    I have an unlocked Galaxy S10 and I'm still on the May security patch. Carrier versions have July. I'm thinking about trading it in for a 7 Pro, but I have a few questions.

    My main concern is water resistance. I know the 7 Pro isn't IP68 certified, but how does it hold up in rain and minor splashes? I don't shower or swim with my Galaxy or anything, not the peace of mind if being able to use it in the rain or accidentally dropping in the sink (read: toilet) is reassuring. How does the OP 7P handle in those situations?

    Is the 7 Pro still bootloader unlockable? Is it easy to root it?

    If so, does it still have a strong dev community. Not a fan of the thought of using Chinese software, and would probably want to put Lineage or something on it.

    Are there any reported signal issues?

    Is it easy to swap sims? I swap between a postpaid T-Mobile sim and a prepaid Verizon sim due to poor band 71 coverage at my work (office inside a cement/brick building).

    How does the dual sim work? Are both slots data compatible, or is one voice + data and the other just voice?

    How does it do when paired with a Galaxy Watch?

    submitted by /u/apostledeets
    [link] [comments]

    US OP Phones in Costa Rica

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 07:08 PM PDT

    I'm considering traveling to Costa Rica from the US with my fiance later this year. We both have a OP phone bought directly from OP (she a 6T, me a 7 Pro). In terms of network connectivity, can I expect to do alright (so long as I arrange for service)? As far as I know the US model is more properly described as a North American model, which leads me to guess it would be okay since Costa Rica is in North America, but I was wondering if anyone here had any experience.

    submitted by /u/19683dw
    [link] [comments]

    OnePlus 6 broken screen :( - is it possible to recover data w/out file transfer USB mode?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 07:05 PM PDT

    As the title suggests, today was finally the day where using my OP 6 without a case came back to bite me :/ My phone fell out of my pocket as I sat down and landed on a hard marble floor, breaking the display such that there are now only a few visible lines across it when I press the power button :(

    Is it possible to recover data like documents, contacts and whatsapp data via a PC with the phone currently in the no file transfer USB mode? I luckily had all of my photos backed up to my google drive, but I have many whatsapp convos that I have never thought to back up. I have tried various android recovery programs for broken screens but none of them seem to support any of the OnePlus phones.

    On another note, I've seen some youtube videos and it seems fairly easy to repair the screen myself (I'd send it in but I don't want the data to be erased). Where would I purchase a replacement screen and the required kit?

    submitted by /u/TheBananaKing5
    [link] [comments]

    Help with Photos app on 7 Pro

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 03:52 AM PDT

    Hello all

    Apologies in advance if this is a basic question.

    I've recently left Apple and bought the OnePlus so android in general is new to me - I'll get to the point.

    When I view my photos in Google Photos, the screen changes to what looks like the night dimming overlay, then reverts to the normal display when unselected. I have no idea why it's doing this or how to switch it off.

    It happens with every picture I select.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/fashmania
    [link] [comments]

    Screen Protectors for 7 Pro

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 04:57 PM PDT

    Any recommendations for a screen protector for the 7 Pro? I bought a plastic film from LK on Amazon and I've only had it for a day but it's already starting to kinda warp and bubble (even after I had a very smooth and nice installation). Now I'm not sure what I should do

    submitted by /u/_Hipster_Cat_
    [link] [comments]

    Rooting My 6T

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 09:56 AM PDT

    I am aware that rooting will not void my warranty when it comes to OP devices, however is it worth it? Is it easy?

    I'd love to know if you've rooted your' OP device and what you did with it!

    submitted by /u/AzulAer
    [link] [comments]

    OnePlus wallet

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 01:34 AM PDT

    Is rooting still a big thing?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 02:40 PM PDT

    So, I'm considering a OnePlus 7 Pro to replace my LG V20.

    I know when OnePlus was new(er), they were highly supportive of rooted users, is that still the case? Has OnePlus actively tried to stop people from rooting? If I root a OnePlus device, will I lose WiFi Calling, VoLTE or anything else?

    Is there still an active ROM/modding community?

    submitted by /u/mzs112000
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to set the camera aspect ratio to 4:3 instead of full screen while using the camera within an app?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 10:50 AM PDT

    I can't seem to find a way to change this in the Duo app. The default aspect ratio seems to be full screen, rather than 4:3, with all apps – Duo, Twitter, Telegram, etc.

    OnePlus 7 Pro

    submitted by /u/uu23
    [link] [comments]

    File transfer crashing [PC to OnePlus 7 Pro]

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 01:56 PM PDT

    So I just got the OnePlus 7 Pro and I'm now trying to transfer some files (currently photos) from my Windows PC to the phone but after a while of copying files it just stops. Does anybody have the same issue or knows how to fix it?

    I also installed the drivers that are on the CD drive thing that shows up when connecting the phone to the PC but it still crashes. And I also rebooted the phone already.

    submitted by /u/xyoxus
    [link] [comments]

    Android Q Beta Dark Mode?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 12:45 PM PDT

    Is there supposed to be a system wide dark mode in DP3 for the OP7Pro? Searching for it in the settings does come up with something relating to it but tapping on it leads me to the display settings, with no option for the mode anywhere. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/remedyinen
    [link] [comments]

    What would happen if I installed the OnePlus 6 Android Q beta on my OP5t?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 11:33 AM PDT

    Key press sound

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 11:27 AM PDT

    Is there a way to set a custom key press sounds. I find the key press sounds, specifically the space and backspace sounds sort of annoying, but I still want sound on key press.

    submitted by /u/turquoise_zebra
    [link] [comments]

    Favorite accessories?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 11:23 AM PDT

    And I'm not just talking about headsets I mean weird ones like slide keyboard cases.

    submitted by /u/MorningFox
    [link] [comments]

    Possible OP7 Pro Battery Life Issue

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 10:55 AM PDT

    Disclaimer: It's been a month since I bought my OP7 Pro and I'm loving each moment with it! First Android phone I've used in 6 years.

    Sadly, one little quirk I've found recently is that as soon as I disconnect it from the charge and use it for 2-3 minutes the battery percentage drops from 100% to 99% real quick. I can understand if it was because I'm using a graphic intense app, but I usually open Twitter and Reddit in the morning.

    Also, when I arrived to work today, I used it for 5 mins and it was already at 97%. This is without WiFI or Bluetooth on, strong reception and no apps in the background (that I know of). It's a bummer because the iPhone XR that I had before the OP7 Pro would take way longer before it dropped even 1% of battery, and without battery saver on.

    I'm not sure if there's any settings that I can toggle to better manage the battery life out of this phone. Any tips would be gladly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/LatinoPeterParker
    [link] [comments]

    How do I turn on notifications like this on OP7 Pro?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 01:03 AM PDT

    I can't fint the setting to turn this on instead of just icons.

    https://imgur.com/XkoUchx

    submitted by /u/roboneter
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel