• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Friday, August 2, 2019

    How do you perform a factory reset recovery? Android Help

    How do you perform a factory reset recovery? Android Help


    How do you perform a factory reset recovery?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 08:05 PM PDT

    I have been factory resetting my phone without encrypting my device. Can I still recover my files and downloads before the reset?

    submitted by /u/Keypuhmp
    [link] [comments]

    Why does my phone have no space left but only have 10-15 or so gb used up!?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 06:24 AM PDT

    I have something like 5 GB left out of 64 GB.

    My videos, photos, music, apps, documents, and downloads take up http://imgur.com/gallery/5xOSC0H very little space.

    38gb is in the "other" category.

    I have no idea what that is..

    submitted by /u/ScienceDisproves1st
    [link] [comments]

    Can IT Admins See My Browsing Activity When Chrome is Running in the Background?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 05:37 PM PDT

    So I'm feeling a little paranoid right now. I was viewing NSFW content on my Pixel 2 while at home this morning.

    My phone automatically connects to my work's mobile network when I walk into the building.

    I had forgotten to close out of the content I was viewing on Chrome before heading into work. However, I never had Chrome open actively viewing anything during the day. It was simply running as a background process throughout the day.

    It wasn't until I got home and opened Chrome on my phone that I realized I had never closed out of what I was viewing.

    Will that NSFW network traffic get picked up by IT Admins, despite my browser running as a background process throughout the day?

    I've tried to find information online about this, but I can't find anything about network activity being tracked for browsers running in the background.

    submitted by /u/flacopops
    [link] [comments]

    Remote Control Android from PC

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 06:54 PM PDT

    How can it be done?

    I was using TeamViewer but I've had it with them (long story). I need it primarily to remotely control my Mom's tablet and her phone when issues arise. She's not tech savvy and it's easy for me to troubleshoot this way. I'll be going to visit her later this month so if it's something a little more complicated for one-time setup it's not a big deal but I do need it to be able to start a remote session with ease.

    Any suggestions?

    I got Chrome Remote Desktop running remotely for her computer but I need a solution for her Android devices. It's a Tab S2 and a OnePlus 5T.

    submitted by /u/_N0sferatu
    [link] [comments]

    Strange icon on status bar?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 08:34 PM PDT

    Went out to eat tonight and I notice in the restaurant a strange icon next to cellular indicator. It appeared to be a shopping cart. Any idea what's causing that? Phone is a kyocera duo force pro 2 (Verizon) with android 9. It disappeared when we left the restaurant. Went to Lowe's and it came back. Leaving lowes it disappeared again. .

    I've googled it like crazy and cant find it in any of the material icon sets. Obviously something to do with retail locations.

    submitted by /u/tksintenn
    [link] [comments]

    Snapdragon 439 vs 630 with different resolutions

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 04:11 PM PDT

    Hey, So I'm deciding between phones Nokia 4.2 and Nokia 6.1 ( https://m.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=8972&idPhone2=9603 ). N4 has SD439, HD+ and N6 has SD630, FHD. Will they perform the same because of their resolutions? Also I don't care about games on phone- I only care about constant high framerate and overall smoothness while in apps and browsing web. Thanks in advance :)

    submitted by /u/Trifumpy
    [link] [comments]

    Cant see caller number on LG G7 One

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 06:10 PM PDT

    Family member bought an LG G7 One for herself.When someone calls her,She see"Caller ID/contact name calling you on phone being called" and not the actual phone number calling.I'm used to Samsung interface and I cant for the life of me find the option for the calling phone number to show.

    Screenshot show what I mean. D is someone caller ID and the 438 is the number of the phone being called(The LG g7),not the person calling https://i.imgur.com/nXtf9EE.jpg

    submitted by /u/Omegabird420
    [link] [comments]

    Wifi problems

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 05:58 PM PDT

    Since the newest update my phone has not been able to connect to new wifi networks (primarily guest/networks with no password). This is the case with my phones and my wifes phone. No idea what's going on so any help would be greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/captainstan
    [link] [comments]

    Please help. How do I turn the charged sound off?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 02:10 PM PDT

    I don't have a slider in the sound settings for charged so I'm not sure how to turn it off. Any help is appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Lady_hyena
    [link] [comments]

    Looking to upgrade my old tablet to the Samsung Tablet s4, stuck between buying factory new or "like new" from ebay

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 09:22 PM PDT

    On Amazon its running for about 500$ and on ebay its going for 400$. My question is should I buy the factory new condition or save 100$ and get the "like new condition" from a seller called "quickshipelectronics." I emailed them about the condition of the device they said "The item is an open box unit returned due to buyer's remorse (didn't like it, no longer needed, wanted a different color, etc). We only test for functionality and clean the item. We do not alter the item. We do have a free 30 day return to assure our buyers"

    submitted by /u/xRuns
    [link] [comments]

    Absurd amount of storage used by system data?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 01:31 PM PDT

    My phone has 54 Gib of storage, of which about 40 GiB is occupied by 'system data' (as seen using the diskusage app) See diskusage result

    Download manager is in separate category and Android OS usually takes up around 10-15GiB, why does my system data take double of that? I'm using a Meizu Pro 7 Plus on Android 7 (Flyme OS 6.1.2.0.G). It's not the most common phone, but the Android skin is quite light so I don't think that's the cause.

    Anyone have any idea? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/IntroDucktory_Clause
    [link] [comments]

    How can I transfer images/photos to a new Android phone without messing up the dates and their position on the Camera Roll?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 09:00 PM PDT

    I'm copying images between two phones. Every time you do this, the "date" of the photo becomes today's date instead of the date it was taken.

    I thought I would "trick" Android by zipping the files with MiXplorer on one device and then unzipping them on the other device. But no, Android still put a "modified date" of today on every file.

    This appears to give the correct dates (i.e., 12-01-2018) in MiXplorer but then still jumbled them up in the Camera Roll. So now any app that uses the Camera Roll - like Facebook or Messenger - is going to have several gigs of photos and images all jumbled out of order, I think, if I copy the rest.

    Is there anything I can do?

    submitted by /u/yozzy_zxyah
    [link] [comments]

    The banking app asked for notifications access, I refused. What's the purpose of that permission?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 03:36 PM PDT

    The app "guarantees" this improves security, but I think it's very weird. It's also asks for telephone permission, but this one can't be refused.

    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=br.com.gabba.Caixa

    submitted by /u/superficial-iceberg
    [link] [comments]

    Latest update

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 06:23 PM PDT

    This latest update has made using my phone harder. How to I remove it?

    The bottom four buttons on my main screen no longer say what they are, they are just pictures. I need the words back.

    On the lock screen I used to get a snippet of whatever message I just got with a name. Both SMS and fb messenger. Missed calls had a "missed call from xxy". Now I just have a little picture that I have to hit that brings me to another screen that tells me half of that info.

    The dropdown menu at the top isn't clean clear and easy to read. Its bright round buttons on a white background.

    Incoming messages are taking up at least 1/4 of the screen instead of the two lines they were, and now I have notifications from myself? No name No name with the last sent message. Theres also some fancy animation with it going back to the top.

    I'd like all of this to back to how it was. The settings menu is also totally jacked up and stuff is grouped weird and Its driving me nuts.

    Not to mention it took the theme i had and threw it out the window.

    How do I fix this?

    It is a samsung j7? I think on straight talk, if that helps.

    submitted by /u/Broken_Goat
    [link] [comments]

    Questionable apps

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 01:06 PM PDT

    On viperOS there are some questionable apps (I don't know them). The package names (viewed on ADB) are:

    package:/system/priv-app/ThemeInterfacer/ThemeInterfacer.apk=projekt.interfacer package:/system/app/FM2/FM2.apk=com.caf.fmradio package:/system/priv-app/ExtServices/ExtServices.apk=android.ext.services package:/system/app/AntHalService/AntHalService.apk=com.dsi.ant.server 

    android.ext.services looks legit, but when I look it up there is com.google.android.ext.services and for others I am not sure if they are malware.

    Please explain each package. Help will be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/chargedsupercap
    [link] [comments]

    "Google" service using 20% of my battery on 4 minutes of use. It's this normal or should I be worried?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 04:27 PM PDT

    https://i.imgur.com/hNptxyk.png

    Phone is a brand new Pixel 3a XL

    submitted by /u/VLHACS
    [link] [comments]

    Been awhile since I've used Android, and I've never bought an international version phone -- are there any ways to get a warranty? self.Android

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 04:23 PM PDT

    Hey y'all! I currently use an iPhone, and I'm getting bored with it. I've been looking at Android phones, and am a big camera-type when it comes to a phone. Given that, I'm really interested in the P30 Pro. However, there's no way for me to get a warranty on that in the US, at least by default.

    Are there any aftermarket warranties I can buy for these phones? I expect that buying it with, say, an American Express card would not extend the warranty due to it not having one in the US.

    submitted by /u/MrMoose0987
    [link] [comments]

    Control Android phone from pc using keyboard and mouse?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 04:02 PM PDT

    I mean i want use my second android phone as alternative to bluestacks in order to play android games on pc.

    https://github.com/Genymobile/scrcpy

    This app Can do screen mirror to pc and even can use mouse to click on phone screen but i need a way to assign keyboard and use mouse to aim in games.

    Edit: Forgot to mention i dont have samsung phone so sidesync is not an option. My second phone is Redmi 5. I have also iPhone if you heard about similar program to ios.

    submitted by /u/Vuko1
    [link] [comments]

    I need help please

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 03:40 PM PDT

    Anyone know how to take the White color around App icon ? Like YouTube and Google chrome i have a lot of apps that don't have any color around them

    submitted by /u/kofemeed
    [link] [comments]

    Auto sms

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 03:17 PM PDT

    Can anyone help? I want to set up a sms or a Facebook massage to be sent when I reach work, but only between 7:50am and 8:00am IV tried everything but can't seem to find away. Can anyone help?

    submitted by /u/GBMark233
    [link] [comments]

    Which app(s) did you use to transfer all your stuff into a new phone?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 09:08 AM PDT

    I used Clone It and while it worked very well, it did not move all the apps and widgets' settings, neither the dozens of files that were in my folder app.

    I wanted to use Samsung's Smart Switch but it kept showing a PIN code that I didn't know where to input despite looking online.

    The transfer was between old handover phonesover wifi: HTC One > Moto e5. The Smart Switch video tutorials have nothing on PIN codes. If somebody can show me how to go pass that, that'll be cool, thanks.

    Transfering apps have their limits, yes? They won't go as far as moving personal settings and files, right?

    submitted by /u/TomaVanPey
    [link] [comments]

    Google play services using background data even with data saver on and background data usage turned off

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 04:12 AM PDT

    Hi, I've got a Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017). I've noticed that for the last few months, possibly longer, Google play services has been using background data even when it doesn't have permission to do so. Not a huge amount, but it's been around 100-150MB each month, which does eat into a noticeable chunk of my 2GB a month data allowance. It seems to slowly and continuously go through data whenever I'm not connected to WiFi. This is the only Google app that does this. Is there any way of fixing this, or is this just something Google play services does that I'll have to put up with?

    Here's a screenshot showing the background data usage and that data saver is on and background data usage is toggled off: https://imgur.com/2BS6dpW

    Many thanks

    submitted by /u/HVictoria
    [link] [comments]

    How to transfer Music from file manager to music player?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 02:45 PM PDT

    I have recently purchased my first non-IOS device and I love it,

    but when I add music files to the "music" folder of the phone via plugging it to a PC the songs end up in the music section of the file manager instead of the music app. I can't figure out how to transfer the songs into the music app.

    This is a Pocaphone F1 if it matters

    submitted by /u/octofeline
    [link] [comments]

    Keep losing data and getting a "sign into network" notification from AT&T

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 02:41 PM PDT

    On my Galaxy S8, I consistently have an issue where when I turn my WiFi off, a notification pops up that prompts me to sign into the AT&T network. I lose all data connection when this happens, and tapping the notification brings me to a window that says either not to connect, or to try and connect anyway. Trying to connect always resorts in a failure. Restarting the phone is currently the only way to reconnect to mobile data. Does anyone have a potential solution for this?

    submitted by /u/Elarionus
    [link] [comments]

    APP REQUEST: Fastest screen recorder, one that won't interfere with a high cpu/throughput that is generating the screen.

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 01:38 PM PDT

    I'm using an augmented reality program that puts an object onto a surface. I'd like to video it, but my screen recording software seems to interfere with the AR program's ability to generate the object in real time. The result is the object disappearing or shifting. Not something I want in a video, of course.

    So I'm looking for a screen recorder that might be able to do a good job with this.

    Also, looking for a screen recorder that will record directly in landscape without having to edit/rotate the video afterwards.

    submitted by /u/QuestionerAnswerer
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel