• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Friday, August 2, 2019

    Android Help RIP Headphone Jack: How the Industry Created and Killed the World’s Most Popular Port

    Android Help RIP Headphone Jack: How the Industry Created and Killed the World’s Most Popular Port


    RIP Headphone Jack: How the Industry Created and Killed the World’s Most Popular Port

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 06:26 AM PDT

    Google Assistant can now read and reply to messages from WhatsApp, Telegram, Slack, others

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 10:43 AM PDT

    Why do the Android P Gestures still retain a navigation bar? It's wasting space and causing ugly design issues on displays with rounded corners.

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 04:37 PM PDT

    I meant Android Q, sorry

    Is there a reason Google has gone such a seemingly lazy and hacky route to implementing the new gestures?

    If you look at an iPhone, the "Home Bar" floats over everything, so apps scroll behind it. When you swipe up to go home, the bar moves with your finger. On Android P, the home bar is simply a static icon on the same old navigation bar we've always had. Yes, the bar is shorter, but it's still there. It is wasting space because apps have to be that much shorter to accommodate the space for the nav bar, but most of all, it leads to this on Google's own flagships, as well as any other devices with rounded display corners. At the very least, if the nav bar changed colors to match the app it is a part of (like white, in this case), the corner problem would be solved, however Google hasn't even bothered to make it operate in that manner. And it isn't like this is a beta problem, because full release is a few weeks away, it's not going to change at this point.

    submitted by /u/OligarchyAmbulance
    [link] [comments]

    More on Backdooring (or Not) WhatsApp

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 04:38 PM PDT

    Power down with Google Fit

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 08:34 AM PDT

    YouTube Music 3.27 preps homescreen widget, Waze navigation integration [APK Insight]

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 07:09 PM PDT

    Galaxy A50 Durability Test! - is the Plastic Samsung Phone durable? [JerryRigEverything]

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 03:24 AM PDT

    Xiaomi joins OnePlus in rolling out the August 2019 security patches early. MIUI 9.8.1 for the Redmi K20 changelog: "Updated Android Security Patch to August 2019. Increased system security."

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 05:40 PM PDT

    Google adds a new user-reporting feature to the dying Hangouts service

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 07:30 AM PDT

    IDEAS NEEDED: Android Smart Watches

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 06:59 PM PDT

    A while back, perhaps 4-5 years or so ago I had an Android smart watch. I think it was a Motorola one. I re-gifted it to someone after just a few weeks, as it wasn't much more than an extra screen for my phone. It basically could not do much without me carrying my phone with me, paired with it and doing most of the heavy lifting.

    I wonder - has the landscape changed? I would love a new smart watch, especially one where I could design my own faces - but it would have to be a device that works as a standalone piece of hardware, and not a Bluetooth attachment to a phone.

    Is that even possible? Or is it a standard and I am just so out of date with my information?

    Ideally, I'd like the phone to be able to store some music on it and play it to my wireless headphones. GPS and/or heartrate tracking would be pretty cool, and so would be an actual ability to make and receive calls, or messages.

    Of course, I also want to be able to build my own face designs, so that's pretty important.

    Any suggestions?

    I use OnePlus 6 as my daily driver, and don't plan to switch to a Samsung phone anytime soon - so of any of the Gears rely heavily on pairing with a Galaxy, that's a no-no. I just want to jog and listen to music without carrying my phone around :)

    Oh, and I would much prefer something round than rectangular!

    Thanks in advance, I believe in you /r/Android!

    submitted by /u/QubaHQ
    [link] [comments]

    An update on Android for search providers in Europe

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 01:25 AM PDT

    Curved screens vs flat screens - what do you prefer?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 12:34 PM PDT

    After using a LG G6 ThinQ for the past year and doing some field research for a new phone over the past few weeks , I really dislike that many of the flagship phones all have adopted the curved screens. It not only doesn't add any thing to the experience ( in my opinion), it makes the phone irritating to hold with the chance for accidental touches, also when watching full screen video, it can be quite annoying.

    I was basically toggling between getting a Samsung S10 plus, a P30 pro or One Plus 7 Pro, when I got to hold the Oppo Reno 10x zoom in real life and I was in love. A flagship phone without a notch, without a curved screen and a 4000+ mAh, color me impressed.

    Do you guys like flat screens on your phone or the newer curved screens and why?

    submitted by /u/Barnie25
    [link] [comments]

    LG is committing to provide security updates to four year old V10

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 06:43 AM PDT

    First Google Mainline update rolling out?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 03:26 PM PDT

    Finally figured out how to disable "OK Google" without disabling Google Assistant

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 05:57 AM PDT

    FYI I have S10e running Android Pie.

    Settings - general management - language and input - on-screen keyboard - manage keyboards - turn off "Google voice typing"

    submitted by /u/eups23
    [link] [comments]

    Grand Mountain Adventure is getting snowboarding, and it looks gorgeous

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 03:48 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel