• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Monday, August 12, 2019

    My phone dies faster than an unvaccinated child. Help? Tech Support

    My phone dies faster than an unvaccinated child. Help? Tech Support


    My phone dies faster than an unvaccinated child. Help?

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 08:38 PM PDT

    My phone has never done this before, it just started dying really fast (ex: going from 11% to 4% in less than a minute). Help?

    submitted by /u/Semisizer
    [link] [comments]

    Thank you.

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 11:53 AM PDT

    This reddit had some great posts in the archive that really helped to point me in the right direction after I had inadvertently deleted my operating system on my Dell Laptop. I was able to create a USB key to boot and reinstall windows. All of you are amazing and it prevented me from having to pay someone to do it for me. So IT professionals....you have my heart.

    submitted by /u/Galaxaura
    [link] [comments]

    Hackers use my email.

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 01:39 AM PDT

    As the title says, often I get welcome emails to sites that I did not sign up for.

    No one has the password to my mail, they just take my mail and insert it there, and it happens often.

    My Google account hasn't been hacked since 4 years ago, and I don't worry about it being hacked because I protect it well ever since. But many hacker groups have my mail because once hacked it floats everywhere. so that's why I often get emails about attempts to log into my accounts associated with this email.

    Obviously, I assume there is nothing I can do about my email address is visible and usable for hackers. But my question is, is there some way they can hurt me by having my email address? Is there something I need/can to do?

    submitted by /u/NadavS6
    [link] [comments]

    Apartment that I moved into offers free wifi with a decent internet speed (50mbps). However, the signal is too weak inside my room. What can I do to enhance the signal?

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 03:49 AM PDT

    Recently started college and the apartment that I moved into offers free wi-fi. The internet speed is very fast (50mbps) but the signal is extremely weak inside my room. A friend recommended using a wifi repeater but as far as I know, it only works when it's placed in an area where the wifi is still strong so using it inside my room isn't an option. Also, my room doesn't have any ethernet ports. What's the best way I can do to enhance the signal?

    submitted by /u/thepailman02
    [link] [comments]

    Internet speed massive variance at seemingly random times

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 11:10 PM PDT

    I have spectrum, no data caps, 100 down is what I pay for. For the last 48 hours my internet was tested at ~200 Mbps. Before that, for a few days, I was getting on average about 10 Mbps and sometimes as low as 1. I was testing it once a few days ago, it was at about 5 Mbps, then seconds later I test it again and it shoots up to 200 Mbps. Worked at that for a few days. Now, it's back to about 1 Mbps. It is currently 1:00 am so congestion should not be the issue. I am using ethernet cable, not wifi. However, the wifi is experiencing the same variance at random times. I reset my router nearly every day.

    submitted by /u/FireEmblemIsMyJam
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro 2015 dying on me after using bootcamp

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 01:31 AM PDT

    I'm freaking out because my dad gave me his old laptop only yesterday and I've already fucked it up. It's a 15" 2015 MacBook Pro, running whatever the latest version of OSX is. I decided I'd dual boot seeing as I'm used to windows not Mac and using bootcamp I made a 180gb partition for windows (10 pro) and let it sort itself out. However when setting up the laptop wifi was broken on windows and when restarting with alt key it said there were two window's and one Macintosh HD. Wifi didn't work whatsoever on windows and when I booted it up o OSX the h key turned itself into another backspace key, meaning I couldn't enter my password. I (stupidly because I was worried) went into Mac's recovery mode and erased all the partitions (including OSXRESERVED (oops)) and began to reinstall OSX on the Macintosh HD drive but the other two partitions still exist. I don't know what to do please help cheers Lui

    submitted by /u/OneProngBent
    [link] [comments]

    I accidentally deleted a massive folder during the latest automatic Windows update. Short of purchasing a data recovery programme, is there anything I can do?

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 01:15 AM PDT

    I've ran a free version of Recuva multiple times and I've been able to recover a few files. For some reason, my desktop doesn't store previous versions of files, so I can't restore anything that way either.

    Any suggestions? Thanks

    submitted by /u/FlatCommunication3
    [link] [comments]

    Desktop pc failing to boot

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 04:33 AM PDT

    Hi, the problem is that the computer fails to Boot a few times before it actually does correctly. When It fails the mobo has a Light on the CPU indicator, and I also notice that I dont hear the GPU starting up and the monitor also doesnt get a signal.

    Specs:

    PSU:Seasonic gold+650w SSR-650FX SSD: samsung 860 Evo 500gb HDD: Western Digital blue 1TB HDD Monitor: LG 24GM79G-B Memory: G.skill Aegis 16GB (8x2) Mobo: ATX MSI b450 tomahawk CPU: Amd Ryzen 5 3600 GPURadeon rx 5700 PC box: Nox Hummer ZX Windows 10

    Usually disconecting all cables and turming it on after 10 minutes does the trick but doing this every day is annoying and leaving the computer on 24/7 isnt appealing..

    Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/ItsArbieWhite
    [link] [comments]

    Dual 4K@60Hz on Lenovo ThinkPad T490 & USB-C Dock Gen 2

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 04:29 AM PDT

    Hi there

    I am looking for connectivity options to get dual 4K@60Hz on a Lenovo ThinkPad T490,
    The docking station we purchased is ThinkPad USB-C Gen 2 (40AS) which apparently supports single 4K@60Hz or dual 4K@30Hz. I've tried having 1 monitor in the docking station and the other directly connected to HDMI output on the laptop itself but that being HDMI 1.4 is not going to support 4K@60Hz right? (so far the best I've gotten is running both monitors at 4k@30Hz)

    What other options do I have? - I can't seem to find a Lenovo dock that is compatible with T490 that actually supports dual 4K@60Hz. The T490 laptop has 3 USB-C sockets, 1x USB-C AC (which works with docking station), 1x USB-C Thunderbolt 3 (which also works with docking station) and one simply labelled USB-C but I've never seen that type of connector nor do I have anything that fits into it, I've been seeing something about USB-C monitors/adapters, in the end of the day this is all to do with bandwidth right? Are the thunderbolt 3 and usb-c connectors on the side sharing their bandwidth? Anyway, any suggestions much appreciated thank you.

    submitted by /u/senko13
    [link] [comments]

    What's a viable data recovery tool?

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 04:28 AM PDT

    For the longest time, whenever my drives suddenly die on me, I just use Recuva to salvage most of the files back. However, this time, it's my Micro SD card that died; it suddenly had an unrecognizable file system so I had to format it. However, the ones I use, which are Recuva and PhotoRec, don't order recovered files according to the folders they were found in. It's too damn hard to order all these files myself, as it is ~128GB of nothing but music, photos, and videos. I've been fixing my music library the entire day, but I give up. Is there an existing recovery tool that does such a thing, that already orders the files into the correct path/folder? I've tried other apps and they all seem to just horde all that they find into the save path that you set it to.

    submitted by /u/bluenginez
    [link] [comments]

    Issues with cloning drives

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 04:27 AM PDT

    Hey!

    I have a ssd and a hdd with 2 partitions in my pc and i wanted to put the ssd in my new pc. I have windows 7 on the ssd and manjaro on the hdd. I formatted the hdd partition with manjaro and changed the type to ntfs but left the "System Reserved" partition.

    To have the dualboot i used a program called "EasyBCD" and i set in that to only boot the D drive

    I used a program Macrium Reflect to clone the drive. Then i turned the pc off and unplugged the ssd. After booting i have an error " No bootable device. Insert boot disk and press any key " I press keys but nothing happens. I plugged the ssd again and it booted. In windows explorer i have ssd as c drive and hdd as d drive. Next to the hdd i have a windows logo and i tryed formatting it, but windows said that its a windows drive and it cannot be formatted.

    I tryed:

    - Unplugging and plugging the cable

    - Replacing the sata cable

    - Booting into bios and choosing in the boot menu to boot to the hdd

    I have a windows 10 bootable usb but i cant boot into that, idk why. I plug it and turn the pc on. And it says that error even if i turned on that the usb are being booted first

    Here are some screenshots that could be useful for you. https://imgur.com/gallery/jFTz9gB

    Thanks in advance for the help

    submitted by /u/PlayGamesowy
    [link] [comments]

    Entry Point not found

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 04:27 AM PDT

    I was asked to come have a look at a friends computer and while I have a bit of an understanding, this is one thing that I don't know how to fix.

    It's saying 'The procedure entry point BCryptDeriveKeyPBKDF2 could not be located in the dynamic link library bcrypt.dll'.

    Any ideas on how to fix would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/AllAboutGuitar
    [link] [comments]

    Can anyone help me speed up my ADSL internet connection?

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 04:23 AM PDT

    I am on an ADSL internet connection My average speed (Google SpeedTests)

    0.97 Megabits Download 0.47 Megabits Upload

    Any ideas on how I could boost this speed it's really annoying for downloading/playing games but YouTube isn't too bad.

    submitted by /u/PsychoGang
    [link] [comments]

    Gpu

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 04:01 AM PDT

    Repost because spelling GPU triggers the auto mod

    Hello! I have a quick question about GPU's, I have a gtx 1060 6gb zotac amp! edition. My question is, why do some games use 0% or only 2-3% of my gpu instead of more. im sure i could get better frames if it would just use my gpu! haha.

    Edit: ive only ever seen a game use 4% at the maximum.

    submitted by /u/djstar25
    [link] [comments]

    BIOS F42a Post-Update

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 04:00 AM PDT

    After updating the BIOS on my Gigabyte Aorus B450 Elite (rev.1) the screen went green and monitor layout flipped around. I have a strix vega 56. It's back to normal now, however im just wondering why that happened. This was my first build so im new to BIOS updating/flashing etc- does it affect GPU Drivers or the actual GPU compatibility, or was it just because I hadn't reset?

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/turbidcrane3
    [link] [comments]

    Outlook 2010 on Windows 10 Envelope icon in systray directs to 'default' data file instead of opening new mail

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 03:59 AM PDT

    Hello,

    I've got this problem with this legacy program. I know, it's outdated and unsupported. The notifications don't work without a workaround. I've got it all figured out, and I love it. There's one problem left, though. Whenever I receive a new e-mail, the little envelope appears in the system tray. That'd be great, but when I double click it to open the new e-mail, it directs the client to the 'default' data file named 'Outlook' which actually has nothing in it. I can't delete the default data file without setting it to a different file, which would just replicate this problem with a new data file name. I can't set my IMAP e-mail account as default, so that isn't an option. I could set my e-mail to a POP3 configuration, but that would really suck as I wouldn't get e-mails in real-time anymore, and any changes (such as deleting e-mails) would only be done locally. I've searched for a very long time and I may be the only person left on earth using Outlook 2010 on Windows 10, so I think that's why nobody has this problem. How do I get my new e-mail notification to direct me to my IMAP e-mail account?

    Thanks so much,

    helloimoldschool

    submitted by /u/helloimoldschool
    [link] [comments]

    BIOS help

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 03:55 AM PDT

    Hey guys, I'm having a bios set up issue.

    My rig was the following.

    Mobo - Asus B450-f Cpu - Ryzen 5 3600 Gpu - RTX 2080 Ram - Corsair Vengeance 2x8gb @3200mhz Psu - Corsair RM1000X

    On the bios it was a simple change on the ram from auto to the true ram speed 3200mhz and everything was fine.

    I since was able to upgrade to a msi X570-a mobo. The auto ram speed is 2133 and when I went in to change it I hit F10 to save and it also changed a whole bunch of other setting and my system wouldn't boot. I had to remove the cmos to get it back to default settings.

    Here is what bios changes by simply changing my dram speed.

    Dram frequency auto > ddr4 3200 Infinity fabric frequency and dividers auto > 1800mhz Overclock auto > enabled Memory clock speed auto > @1600 TCL auto > 10h clk Trcdrd auto > 12hr clk Trcdwr auto > 12hr clk Trp auto > 12hr clk Traz auto > 24hr clk Trfc control auto > manual Trfc2 control auto > manual Trfc4 control auto > manual Soc/Uncore OC mode disabled > enabled VDDG voltage control auto > manual

    Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Luk3yLuk3
    [link] [comments]

    (New) CPU 100% Low (new)GPU % game sudden freeze spilles - old gpu freezes pc

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 03:50 AM PDT

    Hi Nice people

    So we bought new pc to my brother-in-law; Asus TUF z390m gaming wi fi Intel i7-9700k Corsair 16gb ram Corsair 800W psu Nvidia GTX 1080 ti

    We tried playing some games; and the game had sudden freezes every 2-3 seconds sometimes 10/12 seconds in GTA V and FAR CRY 5

    I realized CPU was on 100% usage, only gta was using, and gpu was at 2-3%

    We testes the GPU on my pc, and my own 1080 ti, both at 12-19% and my CPU i7 8700k was on 30% usage, so No lag in GTA V.

    The pc is connected in GPU, all drivers installed, tried without intel graphic, tried formatting pc, tried reinstall game. Youtube suggest closing razer Sound but we Dont have that.

    If we connect his old GTX 780, the pc freezes and gets either blue screen or doesnt work. The GTX 780 worked on my pc and had 80-100% usage in GTA V.

    I am afraid motherboard or CPU is broken but maybe someone has a fix?

    submitted by /u/ali121t
    [link] [comments]

    I need help for this because it's annoying me

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 03:46 AM PDT

    My phone is getting constant pop up ads f for no reason, I've tried deleting suspicious files, I've tried checking for any unnecessary downloads and nothing has worked, it's getting to the point where I can't browse the internet without getting any pop up ads,I even got one while writing this, these ads are also by Google, and consist of "Join the army" propaganda, My phone is a Moto G5(don't judge me) and I hope you guys can provide an easy solution, thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/LandFish101
    [link] [comments]

    Can you recover deleted songs in iTunes from iPod Touch iOS 6?

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 03:35 AM PDT

    I have this iPod Touch 5th gen I think, from 2012. Last iOS version for it is something like 6.1.x. I kept using it with an older version of iTunes to do manual mp3 management. Anyway, from time to time I deleted some files, mp3 or videos, but some of them still kept popping up in iTunes but unchecked. Atm, three are 2 videos that are technically invisible (unchecked in iTunes) but they are visible on the iPod.

    My question is, can you recover any MP3 that was deleted and also doesn't appear unchecked in iTunes so you can make it visible again on the device?

    submitted by /u/bing_bin
    [link] [comments]

    Replacing an old PC and don’t know how to

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 03:35 AM PDT

    I have a Precision T5500 tower which has stopped working - I've tried everything, including calling Dell tech support, but I can't get it to work, so I decided to upgrade.

    I don't know anything about PCs though - this one has 3 TB of hard drive and 24 gigabytes of RAM, and all the other parts work perfectly well (Either the motherboard or power is what failed) and I'd like to keep most of that and transfer it to the new PC. How do I go about getting a new desktop computer?

    submitted by /u/LifeDeathAndCheese
    [link] [comments]

    How to move Google Photos to my Google Drive...?

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 03:33 AM PDT

    I would like to move photos I have in Google Photos to a folder in my Google Drive.

    How do I do that?

    submitted by /u/wahiii
    [link] [comments]

    Wireless printer woke my up at 6 am printing weird stuff

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 03:32 AM PDT

    This is is the second time this has happened. I woke up this morning to my printer going off, so I got up to check what it was doing and saw this. Any idea what it is or how to keep it from happening again?

    First page says this:

    GET / HTTP/1.1

    Host: 97.96.106.58:9100

    User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/

    Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate, be

    Accept-Language: zn-CN,zh;q=0.8,en-US;q=0.5,en;q=0.3

    Accept-Charset: GBK,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.3

    Accept: application/json, text/plain, /

    What's does this mean?

    Edit: try to format inline code, but it didn't work...

    submitted by /u/JeffIsTheCorn
    [link] [comments]

    Someone stealing my WiFi?

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 03:29 AM PDT

    Hi guys,

    I have two questions. I am at my mom's house and she only has very little GB for her WiFi per month. When I got here everything was used up so I bought an extra pack off 10 GB but they were gone in a day and a half even though we weren't home. I think someone's using the WiFi so I want to

    A) See every device connected to the WiFi

    B) See specific details on what apps or webpages has drawn what kind of MB/GB

    How do I do this? (I have a Mac if that has anything to say!)

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/TedDelRey
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel