• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Friday, August 2, 2019

    Laptops We’re completely locked out why???? I tried the power on password. Don’t know what administrator password is.

    Laptops We’re completely locked out why???? I tried the power on password. Don’t know what administrator password is.


    We’re completely locked out why???? I tried the power on password. Don’t know what administrator password is.

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 08:49 AM PDT

    Is an upgrade from i3 to i5 worth it?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 01:55 PM PDT

    My laptop has 8gigs of Ram and a 128gig SSD. I am planning on using it for coding and also some photo editing. I am new to laptops and am not sure if any of these specs will out class any of the others before or after upgrade. Any input would be helpful.

    submitted by /u/vegaswoods
    [link] [comments]

    Analysis paralysis... Budget vs Longevity?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 05:08 AM PDT

    I'm replacing an ultrabook and was initially trying to decide between shopping for another ultrabook or just getting a desktop model (even considered going back to a PC, but nah...). I have an Acer Chromebook that, while lacking some functionality in apps, meets most of my needs when on-the-go, so I think I'm just going to get something to stay on my desk at home (15.6").

    Initially I was looking at budget machines (just moved into a new home yesterday and there are a *lot* of things that will be needing attention/funding) like the Aspire E15, since my gaming days are gone, but then I started thinking that I might like to reinstall something casual like DIII one of these days and that led me down a rabbit hole where I was looking at things like the Predator Helios 300, etc...

    Now I'm struggling with how much I want to spend on this.
    - For $600, the E15 gives me an i5-8250U, 256GB SSD, and 8GB RAM, which is going to accomplish probably 90% of what I'd use it for these days. That should probably answer my question... but I'll continue, just for the sake of discussion. It also includes a GeForce MX 150.
    - For twice the money ($1200 for the newest version; the last model is marked down to $1030), the Predator offers i7-9750H, 256GB SSD, 16GB RAM and GTX 1660 Ti 6GB. There's a slot for an additional SATA drive (which I like for picture storage, etc), and I like the layout of the cooling system.

    So what I'm really wondering is: I realize the GPU is probably overkill for my needs, since I'm no longer gaming, but is the rest of the hardware worth the additional cost, in terms of performance and longevity? Is the 8250 going to feel like a sluggish turd in a year, compared to everything else around it?

    I see lots of recommendations for the E15, so it must be a decent machine, but is it the "best bang for the buck"? Where's the point of diminishing returns these days?

    (For reference, I'm in Web Services, but these days it's more administration so I also don't do as much coding/development/design as I used to. I use a lot of productivity apps and like to stream/multitask (using external monitors), etc)

    submitted by /u/gdblu
    [link] [comments]

    Help!

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 02:44 PM PDT

    Hello Reddit, Today I downloaded a file expecting it to be a driver for my headphones, and now my Google Chrome has an unauthorized extension that says its managed by an administration, and now I cannot access any antivirus website, and now some random ads are popping up in my notifications bar. Could I possibly get any advice on how to remove this mess? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/bigniggieAngel
    [link] [comments]

    Looking to buy casual gaming laptop - struggling to choose among a small number of options

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 02:19 PM PDT

    Hi,

    I am looking to replace my current laptop with a newer model. I am at most a casual gamer and otherwise use my laptop for normal browsing and programming. I don't need performance for anything else but a few games I want to play.

    This is my current laptop (about five years old - Lenovo Ideapad):

    • Intel Core i7 3630QM @ 2.40GHz
    • 8 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz
    • 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M
    • 16 GB SSD, 931 GB HD
    • 1920x1080, 15.6"

    As you might have guessed, this laptop was also purchased as a casual gaming laptop and has served me well. But given its age, it doesn't run particularly smooth anymore, so I'm looking to get a newer one.

    I am in Norway and through some research have identified the following laptop options available here in my price range:

    Lenovo Ideapad 330

    • 15.6" FHD Matt
    • GeForce GTX1050 4GB
    • Core i7-8750H
    • 16GB RAM
    • 256GB PCIe SSD

      Lenovo Ideapad L340

    • 15" FHD Matt

    • GeForce GTX1650 4GB

    • Core i5-9300H

    • 8GB RAM

    • 512GB PCIe SSD

      Lenovo Ideapad S540

    • 15.6" FHD

    • GeForce GTX1650 4GB

    • Core i5-8265U Quad Core

    • 8GB RAM

    • 512GB PCIe SSD

      Lenovo Legion Y540

    • 15.6" FHD

    • GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6GB

    • Core i5-9300H

    • 8GB RAM

    • 512GB PCIe SSD

      MSI GF63

    • 15.6" Full HD matt

    • GeForce GTX1650 4GB

    • Core i5-9300H

    • 16GB RAM

    • 256GB PCIe SSD

    • (I am biased against this one since I think that MSI laptops tend to look very tacky)

    I don't consider myself a hardcore gamer and I don't need to play the newest shooter on ultra-high settings with 60+ FPS, but I would like to catch up on a number of games from the last couple years that I haven't been able to play before, and would like those to run smoothly (though it doesn't have to be on the highest settings).

    In particular I'd like to play:

    • Deus Ex: Mankind Divided and Deus Ex: Human Revolution
    • Fallout 4
    • XCOM 2
    • Metal Gear Solid 5 (and earlier games in the series)

    Does this look achievable with the laptops I posted above? I tried to read up on reviews and benchmarks for the different graphics cards etc. but it's a bit difficult to ascertain for sure which one could do the job just fine vs. the absolute best one around. I was also wondering whether 8 GB of RAM would be enough - my current laptop has that and struggles, but maybe newer RAM technology makes it so that 8 GB is enough for the above games?

    Thanks to anyone in advance who reads this and shares some thoughts or input.

    submitted by /u/lookingtobuylaptop
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone know the resale value of an ASUS Zenbook Pro UX501?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 02:16 PM PDT

    Looking at options for a graphics upgrade since the GTX 960m won't run the games I want. If resale value is good, I might just build a desktop or buy a new gaming laptop.

    submitted by /u/iswimprettyfast
    [link] [comments]

    Gaming Laptop under 1500CAD

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 02:13 PM PDT

    As the title says I'm looking for a laptop under or equal to $1500CAD. I don't have the space in my apartment to build/buy a desktop so a laptop will have to suffice. I'll mostly be buying it to play milsim games such as squad, Arma, hell let loose and post scriptum.

    What do you guys suggest?

    submitted by /u/TacticalCornflake
    [link] [comments]

    Laptop recommendations for a first year cs student

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 01:56 PM PDT

    Hey guys, so as the title says, I''m going to a first year cs program this september so I'm looking for a new laptop. I dont have any experience in programming or anything like that, so any recommendation would help. My price range is around 1000-1500

    submitted by /u/Johnyzyfei
    [link] [comments]

    Laptop thermal paste is a joke..

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 01:50 PM PDT

    Help!

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 01:22 PM PDT

    Anybody experiencing thermal throttling/overheating with 9300H?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 12:32 PM PDT

    Anybody experiencing thermal throttling/overheating with 9300H?

    How much of performance difference will I experience on a 9300H GTX1050 3GB Compared to 9750H GTX1650 4GB?

    My use will be mainly Photoshop and Light room. Games will be pretty much limited to the likes of DOTA or PubG.

    submitted by /u/daaarkan
    [link] [comments]

    Why are Dell Laptops so pricey?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 08:43 AM PDT

    So i just bought a new gaming laptop from Lenovo that had the below specs (I will get to the Dell part in a second)

    ● Processor: Intel Core i7-9750H (2.60GHz, up to 4.50GHz with Turbo Boost, 6 cores, 12MB Cache)

    ● Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64

    ● Display Type: 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) 300 nits, IPS, anti-glare, 144Hz

    ● Memory: 16GB (8GB + 8GB) DDR4 2666MHz

    ● Hard Drive: 1TB 7200 RPM + 512GB Solid State Drive PCIe

    ● Warranty: 1 Year Depot or Carry-in

    ● Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 6GB

    ● Camera: 720p HD camera with microphone

    ● Keyboard: Backlit Keyboard - US English

    ● Wireless: 802.11 AC (2 x 2) & Bluetooth® 4.1

    All in, including the 3 year warranty with accidental damage. I am in for ~1650 (AFTER tax).

    We were talking at work how come we all own old POS dells, that our company never replaces (everyone is on 4+ old machines, and normally when we get "new" ones it's an old employees "newer" laptop).

    eventually we looked at prices. Why are these machines ~1500+? They are 8 gb RAM, 250gb ssd.

    Obviously our old models have older hardware and do not compare to the new hardware in terms of price for the same power. But even looking at Dell's site, to get a 16gb RAM, it looks like a minimum of 1700?

    How come a business laptop which needs no powerful graphics card, cost more than a high-end gaming laptop?

    submitted by /u/socool111
    [link] [comments]

    Buying a laptop(looking at HP envy x360 15)

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 12:27 PM PDT

    Hi, I'm looking into buying a laptop for university(software development) hence I'm looking at the following specs: i5+, 256+ ssd, 16+ gb ram.

    Now I would prefer to buy them locally from this store as our shipping handling isn't that good hence can anyone please recommend me anything?

    I was considering this hp spectre x360, but its out of stock so I don't know if they will be able to order one again at the same price for me.
    https://www.scanmalta.com/newstore/computing/laptops/laptops-2/hp-spectre-x360-13-ae010nd-13-3-touch-core-i7-870.html

    So then I took a look at this hp envy and it looked pretty good except that I'm unsure about the battery life. can anyone comment on this?
    https://www.scanmalta.com/newstore/computing/laptops/laptops-2/hp-envy-x360-15-cn1003na-15-6-fhd-touch-core-i7-9.html#additional-info

    Thanks a lot. Also I'm aiming for a 1.5k budget but a bit higher is fine as long as I don't exceed 2k

    submitted by /u/TheGamerBlaze
    [link] [comments]

    using your netbook when fully charged

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 12:19 PM PDT

    hey guys, im new here:)

    soo, i have a microsoft surface and i use it for office stuff. in the evening, i play some minecraft. my question: is it better to charge it, then play it, recharge (while playing) and so on OR is it better to leave it with the charger plugged in.

    i DO think the surface runs on the charger instead of the battery when fully charged or plugged in but im not sure about that and sadly didnt find any information although i searched for a few mins only.

    THANKS!!

    submitted by /u/PringeLSDose
    [link] [comments]

    Any Advice?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 12:13 PM PDT

    I will be getting rid of my older laptop, 5 years-ish and I'm looking to purchase a decent laptop. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

    * Budget is $1200 max, United States of America
    * A good, in-between model that has a decent battery and can run low to mid range games

    * Weight does not matter and thinness is not a problem

    * Windows software

    * At least 13 inch screen

    * Will mostly be used for writing, presentations, gaming, and watching movies

    * Stardew Valley, Firewatch, Grand Theft Auto 4

    *3-4 USB ports, an HDMI port, and a headphone jack for standard Apple earbuds, a touchpad, and a camera

    If you need further clarification just let me know, thank you!

    submitted by /u/JuanPablo113
    [link] [comments]

    Im thinking about buying a laptop...

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 11:38 AM PDT

    So I have decided that refurbished is most likely my best option.

    Should I get this https://www.dellrefurbished.com/laptops/dell-latitude-e6440-225955.html? (Dell lattitude e6440 8gb ram [4gb x 2], i5-4310M 2.70 GHz, AMD Radeon HD 8690M [2 GB]) Or this https://www.dellrefurbished.com/laptops/dell-latitude-e6540-226530.html? (Dell latitude e6540 8gb ram [4gb x 2], i7-4610M 3GHz, AMD Radeon HD 8790M [2gb])

    submitted by /u/Bobrossismygod7462
    [link] [comments]

    Buying a new laptop

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 11:15 AM PDT

    • Total budget and country of purchase: 800-1600€ Bulgaria
    • Do you prefer a.2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money? Pick or include any that apply. Best specs for the money.
    • How important is weight and thinness to you? Doesn't matter at all.
    • Which OS do you require? Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Linux. Both Windows and Linux are fine.
    • Do you have a preferred screen size? If indifferent, put N/A. While mine is 15.6 I would be glad to go for bigger.
    • Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run. I mostly play older games like DotA and Minecraft occasionally some new AAA title
    • If you're gaming, do you have certain games you want to play? At what settings and FPS do you want? Running the newer AAA titles on normal settings is plenty.
    • Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)? I would like a good build quality since most of the time i don't use it on a desk.
    • Leave any finishing thoughts here that you may feel are necessary and beneficial to the discussion. So my old laptop(16gb ram, ssd, i7-4712MQ, nvidia 840m) is still doing the job kinda but the GPU is really old. The thing is I'm trying to decide if I should spend more money for rtx 2060 or settle for something like 1060 or 1660ti. While I don't need the power of 2060 I plan to use the laptop for a while and I don't want to be forced to upgrade to a RTX card in a year or two. While I can afford the price tag of rtx card I dont mind saving the money if its not needed.
    submitted by /u/_elemenn7al
    [link] [comments]

    Recommend me soft to fully compare laptops

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 11:05 AM PDT

    I've got an old laptop and a new one wanna compare them. Recommend me the most comprehensive benchmarks, please :)

    For now, I've got

    • 3dMark (Time Spy, Firestrike, Port Royale)
    • Cinebench 20
    • Geekbench 4
    • Linx Pack
    • Unigine Heaven
    • Unigine Valley
    • Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation
    • Shadow of the Tomb Raider
    • Tom Clancy's The Division 2
    • Assassin's Creed: Origins

    Archive benchmark? Encoding benchmark?

    submitted by /u/rapurimanka
    [link] [comments]

    Help me find a laptop given these specs required by school please

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 07:15 AM PDT

    I'll be an engineering major and my school has the following required/recommended specs for a laptop/2 in 1

    OS: Windows 10, 64 bit

    Processor Minimum requirement: Intel 8th Gen i5 or i7 Recommended: Intel 9th Gen i7

    Memory: 16 gb RAM

    Hard drive: 500 gb or larger SSD

    wire-less: 802.11 a/c dual band

    graphics card: discrete/dedicated

    My budget is in the $1500 range but i'd be willing to consider going a little higher.

    I've looked into the HP Spectre x360 13 and I really like the design but i've heard that it has overheating and noise issues. could anyone touch on this?

    I've also looked into the Dell XPS 13.

    thank you

    submitted by /u/TheLemonWedges
    [link] [comments]

    Msi gs65 stealth rtx 2060 vs razer blade 15 rtx 2060

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 10:50 AM PDT

    What laptop is better, the msi is on sale for 1,500$ and the razer blade can be bought at bestbuy "out of box certified" for 1,680$ Any one have experience with this service or laptops?

    submitted by /u/willt21
    [link] [comments]

    Storage Issues - Am I missing something here?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 10:48 AM PDT

    Hi Guys. My son's laptop is an 8 month old HP15Z with 128GB M.2 SATA SSD. It has a 12GB RAM, with supposedly 11.5 GB's available.

    There is almost *nothing* on this computer. He has Fortnite on there and no other games. I realize that probably sucks up a lot of storage, but there is literally nothing else; no pics or videos, no Facebook or similar apps, empty recycle bin etc. I've gone through and done everything listed to free up space, delete temp. files, etc. (I even attempted to disable hibernate mode, but was unable). Yet it can't even handle a Windows update. There is also some update my son needs for the game that also says it needs more space (I think it said he needs 30GB). According the the storage report, it has 119GB of storage, 100 of which is in use, leaving 18.6 free. It seems like there should be more than this. Am I missing something?

    submitted by /u/snow_pheonix
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone experiencing REALLY slow boot up time after a windows update?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 06:59 AM PDT

    Im experiencing a really slow boot up time (sometimes it wont even boot up) after installing some Windows updates.

    Really not sure whats causing this and how to fix it. Anyone knows anything about this? Im using a Lenovo Legion Y520

    submitted by /u/xzeras
    [link] [comments]

    Need help with cache formatting SSD

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 10:40 PM PDT

    I purchased a laptop, it has 1 TB Sata Rpm 5400 and a 16GB PCIe NVMe SSD. (It is all intel based with a NVidia graphics card) I was wondering does it come already configured to use the SSD for cache files or would I have to configure it myself? (It is a 2018 model computer) Thank you to anyone that can help!

    submitted by /u/G_Wagon_
    [link] [comments]

    Challenge: Suggest a laptop that meets these very strict specifications if you can!

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 10:03 AM PDT

    Laptop Weight: Equal to or Less than 3.5lb

    Laptop Width: Equal to or Less than 12"

    Laptop Depth: Equal to or Less than 10"

    Laptop Height: Equal to or Less than 0.75"

    CPU: Equal to or Greater than Quad-Core 8th Gen Intel Core i7-8550U CPU

    SSD: Equal to or Greater than 256GB. NVMe/PCIe or SATA (doesn't matter which).

    RAM: Equal to or Greater than 16GB

    GPU: Dedicated Graphics Equal to or Greater than NVIDIA GeForce MX150

    I/O: 2 * USB-C, 2 * USB-A 3.1

    OS: Windows 10 Pro

    Other Specs: 3.5mm headphone jack, in-built webcam, in-built microphone, in-built speakers

    submitted by /u/col8lok8
    [link] [comments]

    What laptop should I get? :)

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 09:14 AM PDT

    Hello folks :) I've been looking for a new laptop as I don't have one anymore. I'm not a computer person and am really not sure what laptops are good and fit my needs. My budget is around ten thousand Swedish crowns which roughly equals a thousand dollars. I'm looking to run adobe after effects on it which requires a minimum of 8gb of ram so either that or one that you can upgrade/ add ram to. I know that a stationary would be much better but it is not possible as I need to have it portable. Any recommendations? Is what I'm asking for possible within budget? I could probably go a little higher but only a few hundred dollars. Thank you for the help :)

    submitted by /u/FizzleQ
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel