• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Tuesday, August 13, 2019

    Laptops The screen faded to black then everything turned off, now it won't turn back on... What could be wrong?

    Laptops The screen faded to black then everything turned off, now it won't turn back on... What could be wrong?


    The screen faded to black then everything turned off, now it won't turn back on... What could be wrong?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 06:05 AM PDT

    The first gaming printer circa 2016

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 03:25 PM PDT

    Aero 15 (2019) vs Aero 15 Classic - Thermals Question

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 11:50 AM PDT

    Hello everyone!

    I've been shopping around for a new laptop, and the Aero 15 classic (specifically the build with 16 gb ram, an i7 9750H, and a 512 gb SSD) looks pretty nice; but I've heard that its shoddy thermals lead to quite a bit of throttling. The new Aero 15 is supposed to have better thermals, but I have yet to hear whether those upgrades are worth it. So I was wondering: does the new OLED model provide adequate cooling? And is the new model worth buying for the sake of improved thermals? I'm not too worried about the display.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/yeet_me_a_pc
    [link] [comments]

    What is the copper part beside the fan on the left side of the photo?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 06:07 AM PDT

    Charging question

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 01:32 PM PDT

    Hey, is it bad to use a laptop while charging it? I mostly play games while charging to get full performance.

    submitted by /u/Toyhease
    [link] [comments]

    Lenovo Y540 or HP Omen 17

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 01:26 PM PDT

    Hey, so I am about to buy a laptop and I am trying to pick between these two ( I am able to take either one for the same price) the Lenovo has 2400 MHz 16 GB Ram the cheap 60 hz display i7-9750H 256 ssd and 1TB hdd and a 4GB GTX 1650 and the Omen ( full name is HP Omen 17-an105nu - 4PR83EA) has 2666MHz 16 GB ram, 4GB GTX 1050 Ti, 256GB ssd and a 1TB hdd.

    I would love to hear what you guys think and if you need any extra info, please let me know.

    submitted by /u/BlueProducer
    [link] [comments]

    Help With Choosing Laptop

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 12:56 PM PDT

    Hello,

    I am looking to purchase a laptop for school and it has come down to two options. I have been looking at the Dell XPS 15 7590 and the ASUS Zenbook ux533. I will not be using my laptop for gaming, I will be using it for coding, virtual machines, and database work. I would appreciate any input from anyone with any knowledge regarding these two devices, or any other suggestions.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/604Indo
    [link] [comments]

    Asus zen book duo or Surface book 2/3 ?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 12:55 PM PDT

    Hi All,

    I am planning to do part-time masters in engineering this fall and I am in for the market for a laptop mainly to be used for college stuffs (note taking, programming etc).

    I have come down to these two laptops and I am wondering which one would be better as a college laptop. Surface book obviously is better at taking handwriting notes in tablet mode, but the dual display is better when multitasking.

    I am also interested in watching lectures online while taking notes on the fly which I think asus zen book pro excels. I am wondering if any fellow surface book users have tried to take notes while watching lecture videos, and how does it work for you.

    submitted by /u/Ihadadream420
    [link] [comments]

    Laptop cooling pad custom fans?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 12:52 PM PDT

    I have a bunch of 120mm fans, delta noctua etc. Does anyone make a thing I can swap these fans into?

    submitted by /u/uglyfucker29
    [link] [comments]

    Laptop randomly shuts off, power on light also turns off while plugged in

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 12:38 PM PDT

    Last night the laptop shut off out all of a sudden and the power light was gone as well. I unplugged it, plugged in again, power indicator still wasn't on. Unplugged everything, plugged them back after a min, and it was back on. Worked through the night 5 hours no problem.

    This had happened one more time when I moved the laptop suddenly, but in that case the power light was only off for couple seconds after the shut down and it automatically came back.

    What do you think is the culprit? I am suspicious of RAM or the PSU. RAM is the nr1 suspect as it once shut down when moved.

    submitted by /u/trekk12
    [link] [comments]

    How do I ensure my old hard drive works for my new laptop?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 12:35 PM PDT

    I got a new laptop, and I took an HDD from the old one to use it again. What do I need to do so it'll work?

    submitted by /u/IrrationalFalcon
    [link] [comments]

    Help with purchase

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 12:21 PM PDT

    Hi guys.

    My girlfriend wants a new laptop. The price range would be somewhere around 700-800$.

    The laptop will be purchased in the US.

    Now to my question - She's a gamer, and it's gonna be her 1st computer.

    I've been looking around on the internet for advice on what's the best option and saw a ton of top 10 posts however I'm still undecided on what to wholeheartedly recommend to her.

    Can you please help? :) Any links to a good article or any direct recommendations would be great.

    So far I've narrowed it down to:

    Lenovo IdeaPad L340 81LK000PUS 15.6" IPS Intel Core i5 9th Gen 9300H

    or

    Dell G5 Gaming Laptop G5587

    Any idea would be appreciated.

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/ravenescu
    [link] [comments]

    Is this a good price?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 12:09 PM PDT

    Panasonic Toughbook CF-19 Mk6

    i5-3320m 2.6GHz 1Tb HDD 16gb RAM Windows 10 For £305

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/eaterofpeepee
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a gaming laptop in a range between 1500 to 3500 euros

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 12:04 PM PDT

    Being looking to buy a laptop both for school and gaming and wanted to hear sugestion from you within the price range.

    Being looking so far at these models:

    •Razer 15 adavanced RTX 2080 •Asus zephiros also RTX 2080 •Asus Strix Scar III •razer 17 pro

    Thanks in advance

    Edit: play shooter games

    submitted by /u/potaviox
    [link] [comments]

    Starting school in september roughly 300-500 dollar laptop?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 11:33 AM PDT

    Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/Ramsey1990
    [link] [comments]

    Questions about lenovo y530

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 11:17 AM PDT

    Hey, I'm going to university (gonna learn IT development) this autumn and I need a laptop for school/some gaming. I've found that Y530 seems like a pretty good pick for me but I'd like to know some more from people who have experience with this particular laptop.

    Specs:

    8GB RAM

    GTX 1050Ti 4GB

    i5-8300H 2.3GHz

    512GB SSD

    Questions

    Is 800€ somewhere a correct price for this? (Estonia)

    How much FPS can I expect from games like League of Legends, Diablo 3 and other lower req games like these.

    Is it good for university stuff (multitasking, taking notes, programming, using excel, word, powerpoint etc)?

    What are the main pros/cons of this computer?

    Anything else I should know about this laptop?

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/karljoosepk
    [link] [comments]

    Experiences with ASUS Ergolift?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 11:09 AM PDT

    Hey everyone, I've been looking into getting an ASUS laptop (Vivobook S V530FN-BQ187T), but I noticed something strange: the Ergolift design around the screen. I know it's supposed to make typing more comfortable and improve the air flow & sound from the speakers and all that, but I'm wondering if it's strong/sturdy?

    Having the weight of your laptop on a thin hinge around your screen doesn't sound like the smartest idea to me, and I'm scared that it'll break quickly/easily. I've been looking around the internet but I haven't found any reviews on this, both positive and negative, so I was wondering if anyone here has been a long-term user of (maybe multiple) of these laptops that could tell me about this? Really don't want to spend that much money (900€) on a laptop that snaps in half after a year.

    Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/Flu0stiftRS
    [link] [comments]

    Tech gods help me choose from these laptops!

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 10:24 AM PDT

    Hey y'all my first post here! Whatsup!
    Soo basically im broke AF and i have noo clue whatsoever about laptops/computers, but i need laptop for working/browsing/personal/research/music/video/films etc.. nothing special like gaming/engineering/photoshop/video editing or something like that no no, i basically need it for the basic stuff. So after researching a bit and learning this and that i heard that Acer Aspire e15 is a good choice but some people dislike it and i was recommended to look for Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon (2nd hand/refurbished) oh boy..a brand new X1 is very out of my budget so please help me decide between the two and make a recommendation for another one or point me to something, the budget is 350US. I found few X1 Carbon that fit that budget 3rd/4th and 1st/2nd gen but i think i should aim for 3rd/4th gen if its available but at the same time i dont know how bad the condition of the 3rd/4th gen should be to be sold for 350/400US. What you think?Please Help! and Sorry for the long post!

    submitted by /u/totalhopelessnes
    [link] [comments]

    eGPU experience and ultra portables?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 10:15 AM PDT

    Normally I'm a big rig, desktop kind of guy. I have a side photo and video business that's growing, but also commute on the train sometimes 4 hours round trip between shuttle to station, traffic and the train schedules. I'm also flying more and trying to get things done in between work.

    My last personal laptop was a 17.5" but it's a 2 core i5 from 2011.

    I work with heavy files for lightroom from many cameras. Being able to video edit in a hotel room is an occasional need.

    Anyone have real experience with a 2 in 1 using external gpu setup?

    The trick is I have to commute every day with my company laptop which is locked down. (I can't use it for anything personal or side biz)

    I'm pretty knowledgeable with desktop components but ultra portable stuff is out of my wheelhouse and getting reliability is important.

    Appreciate any help

    submitted by /u/Thedirtyjersey
    [link] [comments]

    Lenovo 720S 13 INCH INTEL Review

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 10:14 AM PDT

    This is a review about the lenovo 720s 13 inch i5-8250u

    the specs are below

    13 INCH FULL HD SCREEN

    Two thunderbolt usb type c ports both capable of charging

    two usb 3.1 ports and one headphone jack

    a 256gb pretty well performing m.2 ssd

    8gb ddr4 RAM

    all metal build with a fantastic keyboard which rivals the 2015 macbooks with ease it feels great

    This laptop is worth around £580 UK however i managed to nab this one for £459 on ebay as a opened box hardly used if you are going to do this i would recommend ebay as their guarantee will give some security once you have bought a (new) laptop of ebay that isnt brand new but labeled as new go into the CMD as an admin

    1. Type in and enter: powercfg /batteryreport.

    and this will display how much health the battery has and wether you have been lied to or not :)

    this laptop is a great performer it does have built in graphics but im not gaming on this machine i have a very powerfull desktop for gaming this is not a gaming Laptop, it is great for school work or uni or anything that does not need a lot of graphic horsepower the i5-8250u is a very capable cpu and as its 8th gen it is very powerfull and breezes through microsoft office and browsing the web with ease i had no issues running quite cpu heavy engineering programmes on this machine and it did not break a sweat if you are just browsing and typing on this machine it can easily acheive 8 hours and with the thunderbolt charging it takes just over 2 hours to charge fully.

    The screen is bright and plenty good in the quality deparment for youtube or avid netflixers like myself ;p

    and my model has fingerprint login which takes just under 1 second to log me in, the start up time from fully powered off is around 19 seconds which isnt bad but i rarely power it off i just put it into sleep and wake it as the sleep modes battery consumption is next to nothing

    Any questions please message me but i recommend this laptop to anyone looking for a sleek metal laptop which weights just under 1.1KG and its very strong

    Ross

    submitted by /u/rJno1
    [link] [comments]

    ASUS Chromebook Flip C101PA-DS04 10.1inch Rockchip RK3399 Quad-Core Processor 2.0GHz, 4GB Memory, 32GB storage, All Metal Body, Lightweight, USB Type-C, Google Play Store, 360 degree HD Touchscreen

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 05:49 AM PDT

    Help buying a laptop

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 09:00 AM PDT

    Budget: 1700$ Country : USA

    I prefer a laptop with enough battery to get me through the school day about 8hrs. It doesn't need to be 2 in 1. I would definitely prefer something with good specs for gaming and work.

    As long as the laptop is something I can transport somewhat easily. Maybe about 6-7 pounds is the max and over 1.5-2 inches thick.

    Any Os is fine. I prefer windows.

    • Do you have a preferred screen size? If indifferent, put N/A.

    N/A

    • Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run.

    No video editing. I play Minecraft, rainbow six siege, gta, terraria, team fortress 2, and assassin's Creed.

    • **If you're gaming, do you have certain games you want to play? At what settings and FPS do you want?

    I like to run games on 1080p with as much fps as possible.

    • Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)?

    I want something that will last a few years and preferably has a fingerprint reader. A good keyboard is preferable. Touchscreen isn't necessary.

    • Leave any finishing thoughts here that you may feel are necessary and beneficial to the discussion.

    1800$ is the absolute max budget preferably 1700$ though. I really would prefer it to be good for gaming with a decent battery life.

    I was looking at the razer blade 15 and the Dell g7

    submitted by /u/jaithejag
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for outside opinion to help decide between 2 laptops.

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 08:59 AM PDT

    I'm looking at purchasing one or the other. Im not seriously into gaming, the most i will play is warframe and the upcoming borderlands 3. I am a student and I do use my laptop for note taking. I don't video edit.

    My biggest question is between these two is what's more important:

    1. the I7 and lower gpu
    2. the ryzen 5 and higher gpu.

    Please share any other factors that i might not be considering such as build quality, etc...

    Thanks y'all.

    https://www.microcenter.com/product/606362/gf63-thin-9sc-256-156-gaming-laptop-computer---black

    Intel Core i7-9750H Processor 2.6GHz; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Max-Q 4GB GDDR5; 8GB DDR4-2666 RAM; 512GB Solid State Drive

    https://www.microcenter.com/product/606146/tuf-fx505du-mb53-156-gaming-laptop-computer---black

    AMD Ryzen 5-3550H Processor 2.1GHz; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6GB GDDR6; 8GB DDR4-2666 RAM; 512GB Solid State Drive

    submitted by /u/saidenc
    [link] [comments]

    Replace Optical drive with usb ports?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 08:52 AM PDT

    Can someone see if this is true and could work? I hope that it is true because I really need usb 3 in stuck with 2.0

    https://www.amazon.com/SilverStone-Technology-FPS01-C-12-7mm-Micro-SD/dp/B01N6HYH6V?th=1&psc=1

    submitted by /u/ClawRic
    [link] [comments]

    Best laptop for price

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 07:34 AM PDT

    Looking for a laptop. Need it for basic gaming and basic computer use. What are my best options?

    submitted by /u/yanksguy1
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel