• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Wednesday, August 7, 2019

    Laptops Guys pls tell me is this repairable ? I can't afford a new laptop.

    Laptops Guys pls tell me is this repairable ? I can't afford a new laptop.


    Guys pls tell me is this repairable ? I can't afford a new laptop.

    Posted: 07 Aug 2019 02:19 AM PDT

    Dropped it down stairs when moving out of my dorm hall. Trackpad shattered, screen broken, bottom part of case extending out and bent. Is this fixable? And if so, how much?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2019 12:47 PM PDT

    Is this normal behavior for my laptops battery (overpowered 17+)?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2019 12:22 PM PDT

    Hello, sorry for long post but I wanted to be as specific as possible,
    i recently got my Overpowered 17+ laptop, and im having some problems with its battery, but first some info:
    - i bought this laptop 5-6 months ago from an ebay seller
    - seller said he used it for a month but turns out laptop gaming isn't for him (laptop is quite clean)
    - seller replaced the 256gb generic ssd + 2tb harddisk with 500 gb 960 evo
    - laptop was supposed to be sent to an acquaintance of mine, then sent to me (im outside of the us)
    - when my acquaintance received the laptop 6 months the battery was empty, my acquaintance charged it then sent it to me
    - a few problems happened and it took a long time to reach me, and it reached me around 3-4 days ago
    - when I received the laptop the battery was empty
    - i charged the laptop, opened it to add a 2.5" drive to it, disconnected the battery while doing that then reconnected it
    - the charger that came with it is 180 w

    And my problems are:
    - sometimes laptop is overall slower on battery (windows is kinda laggy, even writing hitches a bit, also even light games like hearthstone are extremely slow) and cpu frequency fluctuates under around 2.8ghz or so (didn't have time to test too much, but when i remove the charger the frequency instantly drops)
    - or it can be unbearably slow and unusable on battery, usually when its less than say 40% (not exact value), when it's like that the cpu is usually at 0.8ghz
    - starting up from either a shut down or sleep takes a long time when it's on battery, well the "actual" startup is fast, it just takes a long time for any light on it to turn on (15-30s)
    - i was playing a game earlier (at 120hz, so both gpu and cpu were on high load) and i accidentally took the cable out, and the laptop straight up shut down

    Again sorry for the long post,
    Also, if its a problem with the battery, would a battery replacement be enough for it? Or could it be a problem with another component (maybe something like the battery controller?), im asking this because im not in the US atm and can't use the warranty (probably void since it was opened twice anyway)
    Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/96Ghost
    [link] [comments]

    Asus RoG Strix Gaming laptop. Can you advise if this is a good purchase at $650? Primary purpose - to play Dota 2 (high settings if possible) and occasionally use for work.

    Posted: 07 Aug 2019 10:11 AM PDT

    [UK][£300-350] Portable laptop for programming

    Posted: 07 Aug 2019 09:06 AM PDT

    • Total budget and country of purchase:

    UK, £350 maximum

    • Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money? Pick or include any that apply.

    Best specifications for the money while still being a 14 inch screen or under

    • How important is weight and thinness to you?

    Not super important, but lighter would be better if possible without a compromise elsewhere.

    • Which OS do you require? Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Linux.

    Windows (+ Linux dual boot)

    • Do you have a preferred screen size? If indifferent, put N/A.

    12-14 inches

    • Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run.

    Light gaming (starcraft, league, hearthstone etc) Programming

    I'm able to do most things from a desktop pc the laptop is only for when I cant.

    • Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)?

    8gb ram I wouldn't have a problem with refurbs.

    submitted by /u/BSH2
    [link] [comments]

    Are there any laptops that are under $1100, and good for gaming and school?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2019 12:21 AM PDT

    My laptop recently died, and I gotta get a new laptop, but I don't know what to get, since there are so many options. I'm looking at laptops that include a gpu, SSD, at least an i5, and at least 8gb of ram. I don't want it to be too powerful, but at the same time I want it to be able to run Team Fortress 2 and process my schoolwork easily. I'm also trying to avoid really extra aesthetic designs, since my parents hate that. Any suggestions?

    Edit: forgot to add, I'm from Australia, just keep that in mind :)

    submitted by /u/nathan_the_nazi
    [link] [comments]

    Laptop not charging.

    Posted: 07 Aug 2019 02:08 PM PDT

    Hi Everyone! So recently my laptop's battery stopped charging all together. I kept charging it for hours and it is still stuck on 25%. Even the battery backup has been lost. And the laptop only powers up with the charging cord connected.

    Laptop is 4 years old in near to perfect condition.

    What is the problem? What should I do?

    Note : I am a student and can not afford a new laptop.

    submitted by /u/ttttempppp
    [link] [comments]

    Whatever you do, Avoid Upsie Warranties like the plague.

    Posted: 07 Aug 2019 01:43 PM PDT

    This company is terrible. My device broke and was sent in for repair 2 weeks ago, and I have had to pry every morsel of information out of them in regards to the status of the repair. Yesterday they finally decide my device is unrepairable, and offer me less than 75% of what I paid to insure. Go for SquareTrade or literally anything else because this company is bordering on being a scam. Shoutout to /u/upsiehq

    submitted by /u/StraightOuttaIdeas
    [link] [comments]

    Back to School Laptops?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2019 01:43 PM PDT

    I'm looking for a Laptop that can game and also be good for school. I have a budget of maybe 1300-1600? Battery life is pretty important to me

    submitted by /u/PhillyCheeseSt3ak
    [link] [comments]

    Non profit desperately needs the communities help

    Posted: 07 Aug 2019 01:39 PM PDT

    Good afternoon. My name is Josh Anderson Sr. I am the President and co founder of JJs Hello Foundation a youth mental health and suicide prevention foundation located in Sacramento California.

    Our foundation was created by my wife Michelle and I following the loss of our 12 year old son JJ to suicide on February 13th 2016 3 weeks before his 13th birthday.

    We have made it our mission to prevent youth suicide in our community by providing the necessary training and resources to parents, teachers and students.

    Our foundation works 100% off the generosity of our community. No one at our foundation gets paid any money for their volunteer work. Because of this we have very little funds to out back into the non profit because all donations received fund the programs and events we participate in.

    We are in desperate need of a laptop to be able to continue are mission of assisting the community using it for presentations, editing videos and pictures, posting on social media and so on.

    We need your help.

    If anyone reading this is able to donate a new or used laptop to our foundation to run our daily activities and further our goal of ending youth suicide we would be incredibly grateful.

    Since we are a public charity organization and recognized as such by both the state of California and the IRS your donation would be 100% tax deductible.

    Please message me directly either here or by email at founders@hellofund.org for our address or any additional information you may need.

    Our 501c3 is 81-2811004 Http://www.hellofund.org

    Please help us today your generosity would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/JJshellofund
    [link] [comments]

    Need help deciding between buying a lenovo legion Y530 vs Dell G5

    Posted: 07 Aug 2019 01:07 PM PDT

    Hi guys. I need your help in deciding between which gaming laptop to buy. Both are around the same price in my country. Both laptops come with a core i7 Nvidia gtx 1050Ti. The purpose of these laptops will be for graphic design, video editing and some casual gaming. I've saved up for about a year now and the time is here to buy it.

    Jf any of you redditors have it and have used it. Tell me which one is going to be better in the long run. All your help is much appreciated.

    submitted by /u/durrani212
    [link] [comments]

    Plastic stuff comes out the back when trying to close, and the screen is starting to come off. The hinge is in really bad condition, is there any way to quickly fix it myself?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2019 12:55 PM PDT

    Help choosing a gaming laptop

    Posted: 07 Aug 2019 12:48 PM PDT

    Hi, can somebody help me choosing the best option for a gaming laptop and on the long run?

    I received electronic money in a store as a gift and the only options that reach my budget are the following:

    HP - Laptop OMEN 15-dc0003la 15.6" display with Core i7 -8750H - GeForce GTX 1050 - RAM 8GB - HDD 1TB

    OR

    HP - Laptop Pavilion 15-dk0011la 15.6" display - Core i5 -9300H- GeForce GTX 1650 - RAM 8GB - SSD 512GB

    submitted by /u/mdalexandroad07
    [link] [comments]

    Best laptop to get for traveling to a festival that runs windows apps/games

    Posted: 07 Aug 2019 12:36 PM PDT

    I need a tiny laptop for the long flight there and back but I will be leaving the laptop in a tent with my stuff so I don't care to spend more than $100 on the used market like eBay on something that can run some basic windows apps and 10 year old 2D Steam RPGs. Is there a specific surface model that I should look into? I was looking into windows surface, but my undersranding is they are all using a mobile windows RT that won't run native windows apps. Or are there surface tablets that have a full windows installation, like the i5 one? Are there any better options than the surface? I don't care for the touchscreen but I like having the very portable but real keyboard that doesn't feel like one piece of plastic like the iPad has.

    Also I do like the surface ability to charge via USB so I only need to carry a phone charger with me. Should I be looking at a Surface 3? Or should I step.up and get a surface 3 pro? Will this charge via USB? Thanks

    submitted by /u/mckennethone
    [link] [comments]

    Buy new laptop or fix this one?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2019 12:30 PM PDT

    Hi y'all. I have a 2 year old HP laptop. I got banged around a bit, and as a result, the area of the board right next to the power button broke. Basically, the monitor has completely come off one of its hinges. The screen is still functional due to a thin cord that connects the mother board to the monitor. I took it in to see if it can be fixed, and they're chalking it up to 250 bucks. (They're gonna have to replace the entire board).

    The laptop was working fine, bit slow in booting and would get unresponsive from time to time, but no real issues as such.

    Should I get it fixed for 250 bucks, or cough up about 500~600 to get a completely new one? (I'm rather attached to this one, it's got my favorites decals from uni etc on it.)

    submitted by /u/johnnypanicked
    [link] [comments]

    When can we except new ultrabooks with 1650?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2019 12:22 PM PDT

    I am going to buy ultrabook with dedicated gpu and as far as I know only one with 1650 is dell xps which is not in my price range (especially in EU, looks like laptops are more expensive here). I am looking for good battery (70Wh is probably enough) and maximum weight around 2kg (4.4 pounds).

    submitted by /u/ReallyUniqueNickname
    [link] [comments]

    Cheapest laptop for Minecraft(100 dollar budget)

    Posted: 07 Aug 2019 12:05 PM PDT

    Cheapest laptop for Minecraft(100 dollar budget) I play both the windows and java versions.

    I simply want to coplay on lan with my daughter and don't need a good machine. I budgeted 100 but if anything is cheaper am all eares I don't mind buying off swappa but prefer amazon. I appreciate any help, thank you.

    Note: I was playing on a Samsung Tab S2 and the performance was a bit laggy if possible to match the performance of a tablet on laptop for 100 that be great.

    submitted by /u/SutroBaths
    [link] [comments]

    Laptop buying advice

    Posted: 07 Aug 2019 12:01 PM PDT

    I'm a 17 year old student that makes minimum wage, but i know as with any electronics, you get what you pay for. I've asked friends for advice but they dont really know what to tell me, and I have know idea whats good and what isnt because i havent had a laptop or pc to myself before.

    I want to get a laptop that:

    -Can run basic games(rust, minecraft, etc.)(even on low settings, i dont care about graphics, just lag) -Is good for editing videos/photos(Premiere pro, photoshop, after effects, etc.) -Will last me at least a few years -Costs under $1000 -Big-ish screen(not gigantic, but large enough to see whats going on when i'm editing)

    Things i dont care about:

    -Weight -Battery life(unless its like really low) -Touchscreen

    Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/Gary_aaa
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to add custom cooling to laptop CPU and GPU?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2019 08:15 AM PDT

    So my old gaming laptop's fans failed recently. It was still running very smooth before the fans died so I am thinking of converting it to a desktop. I will custom make a case for it but the only problem is cooling. Can I use a desktop CPU cooler to cool down the CPU and/or GPU? Is there any other way of providing cooling to these components? Thanks

    submitted by /u/DaBaDaDee
    [link] [comments]

    Acer Nitro 5 AN515-51 replacing thermal paste my results

    Posted: 07 Aug 2019 06:02 AM PDT

    Had my Laptop (Acer Nitro 5 AN515-51 specs below) since August 2018 and thermals were never great, especially on the CPU side of things. The CPU (i7 7700HQ) throttled a lot while gaming heavier games (Battlefield 1). Since July this year things started to get worse as now even lighter titles like Overwatch could get the CPU to throttle down to 800mhz making things unplayable. Disabling Intel Turbo Boost Technology via a "registry hack" and undervolting (-135mV) got temperatures down to 85-90C. So I decided that things needed to be fixed on a hardware level: I bought some Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut paste and repasted the CPU. The results speak for itself:

    Laptop: ACER Nitro 5 AN515-51, i7 7700HQ, 16GB DDR4 Ram, GTX 1050, 250GB NVME SSD

    Temperature @ 100% CPU usage at stock settings: 95C/thermal throttling

    Temperature @ 100% CPU usage undervolted (-135mV) and disabled turbo boost: 85-90C

    Temperature @ 100% CPU usage after repasting no undervolt: 65C

    Temperature @ 100% CPU usage after repasting undervolted (-135mV): 62C

    Measuring and stress testing done exclusively via Intel Extreme Tuning Utility (XTU)

    Disassembly was easy enough. I can highly recommend repasting this laptop. Happy to answer any questions about the repasting or other details.

    English is not my native language please forgive any spelling errors.

    submitted by /u/JesuslovesPepe
    [link] [comments]

    MACBOOK AIR 2018: any other suggestion other than mba2018 model?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2019 11:37 AM PDT

    I am planning to buy a laptop for school this month and im debating wether to get an apple or just windows. ive never been a mac user or such and i wanted to take a dive but the price for a macbook is a pain in the oz. i know there are great laptops out there for the mba's price point which i can get i7 processors.

    so howdy, what do you suggest other than MBA2018?

    is mba 2017 even worthy?

    submitted by /u/carlluses
    [link] [comments]

    Is this a good laptop?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2019 10:40 AM PDT

    Thinking of getting this laptop to link up to 2 monitors and to take around during my time at uni, is this a good laptop for the price.

    https://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/-l-5480-uk-t001/version.asp

    submitted by /u/TheBigBlueJew
    [link] [comments]

    University Student Laptop advice

    Posted: 07 Aug 2019 10:38 AM PDT

    I am looking at Microsofts surface book 2 and trying to choose between the 13.5" or the 15".

    Should I go with a 13.5" with the Intel Core i7 8th Gen- With NVIDIA GeForce discrete graphics with only 8 GB of ram.

    Or

    a 15 inch model with an Intel Core i5 (8th Gen) and 16 GB of Ram.

    I'm deadset on getting the surface book 2 I'm just wondering if the 13.5" without 16 GB of ram is pointless or not.

    submitted by /u/SaltyFrogbot
    [link] [comments]

    Is there something i’m missing on the 15-dh0010na HP Omen? As it seems too good for its price

    Posted: 07 Aug 2019 09:52 AM PDT

    Country : UK Budget: £2000 Use: Gaming and business use Size: 15 inch

    Sooo I've been looking at a gaming laptop... for errr.. business purposes.. and I have £2000+ to spend (as I'll get my VAT back on a purchase over £2000).. and looking at overclockers, they have the hp-omen-15-dh0010na for £1,999.. and the spec just seems too good to be true...

    15-dh0010na HP Omen Range 15.6" 240Hz IPS Screen with G-Sync i7-9750H NVIDIA RTX 2080 8GB GDDR6 Max-Q 1TB PCI-e M.2 SSD 16GB DDR4 2666mhz (2x8GB)

    What am I missing? Have they go the price wrong? Is this a sign that others will also drop their prices and maybe I should wait for another brands version?

    submitted by /u/Vindicare101
    [link] [comments]

    Acer Chromebook R 11 Convertible Laptop, Celeron N3060, 11.6" HD Touch, 4GB DDR3L, 32GB eMMC, C738T-C7KD

    Posted: 07 Aug 2019 05:44 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel