• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Friday, August 2, 2019

    Laptop gets uncomfortably hot while gaming. Will adding extra fans to the outside help? Tech Support

    Laptop gets uncomfortably hot while gaming. Will adding extra fans to the outside help? Tech Support


    Laptop gets uncomfortably hot while gaming. Will adding extra fans to the outside help?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 01:12 PM PDT

    I've got a Dell Inspiron 15 7567, and after maybe 20 minutes of Payday 2 or about an hour of Cities: Skylines, the keyboard areas above the graphics card and battery get uncomfortably hot. Would adding a couple fans on the rear exhausts help dissipate the heat? I have experience 3D printing, so I was planning to print a shroud that coupled from the left/right exhaust to a standard 92mm fan (one on each side). According to a teardown I saw on YouTube, only about 1/4 of the height of the heatsinks have air blown through them, so I'm hoping that the added fans would help utilize the other 3/4 of the heatsinks.

    I'd be open to buying a cooling stand to blow air into the bottom, but the intake holes are so small I dont think it would do anything substantial.

    As for portability, the extra fans would stay in my dorm while I go to class.

    submitted by /u/2HornsUp
    [link] [comments]

    Fullscreen games lag

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 11:51 AM PDT

    When i open a game in fullscreen it lags and i cant play it but if i switch to window it works no problem and even in borderless only fullscreen lags like that also i have gtx 1080 and i7 also my driver is 431.36

    submitted by /u/MasterPixelar
    [link] [comments]

    Bios update

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 07:22 PM PDT

    Do I did a bios update then 3 mins after completion the power went out. This is the first power outage in 6 months so I'm very lucky. What would have happen if the power went out and is that user fixable?

    submitted by /u/alelop
    [link] [comments]

    black screen

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 06:03 PM PDT

    i tried everything with kali linux when i installed it it always showed a black screen and a solid underscore in the uper left corner the live also didnt work unless i swapped slash with nouveau.modeset=0 unless it never worked

    submitted by /u/pyroclone123
    [link] [comments]

    How do I keep the Remote Desktop Display Active when disconmected?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 05:12 PM PDT

    Hello,

    I would like to have my display remain active even when I disconnect from my RDP client. Is there anyway to prevent the display from turning black/deactivating upon disconnecting?

    submitted by /u/Willy_M
    [link] [comments]

    My HDD read and write benchmarking speeds are much slower than others with the same drive. Possible reasons listed in my post possible?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 05:02 PM PDT

    I recently got a new laptop with a 1Tb 1TB Seagate 7200RPM as a secondary storage drive (no OS on it). When benchmarking it I'm getting 20% slower speeds than average on userbenchmark. I copy/pasted from an external drive and filled about 1/3 of it with 300Gb of game files when I first got it.

    Is this speed slowdown normal due to the large number (20,000+) of files I have on the drive, or is it possibly defective? Windows 10 showed it as 2% fragmented, but Defraggler is showing around 15%.

    I'm going to run a full defrag and see if that helps. Also using CrystalDisk and my Lenovo Hardware check, everything appears normal and functioning properly.

    Any ideas or things I can do to increase the speeds? Or is this normal for a HDD 1/3 filled with thousands of both large and small game files? Thanks in advance for any insight. I just want to make sure my storage HDD isn't defective.

    submitted by /u/TherealHendrix
    [link] [comments]

    Downgrading to windows 7 error 0x6

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 04:42 PM PDT

    So I upgraded my laptop to windows 10 and I can't really run it. Stupid on my end but still. I'm trying to install windows 7 again but I keep getting the error code 0x6 right after updates. Any help?

    submitted by /u/ThatNerdyGuyTNG
    [link] [comments]

    My computer frequently freezes when ever I play any game like csgo bf4

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 03:15 PM PDT

    Hey guys

    I'm having trouble playing any games on my computer. When ever I load up a game and start to play my computer will freeze and show me a blue screen that says DPC_Watchdog_Violation. Is there any way to fix this? Thanks

    submitted by /u/thatdude6996
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel