• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Tuesday, July 2, 2019

    Has anyone received their $100 Play Store credit yet from buying a Pixel 3A? Android Help

    Has anyone received their $100 Play Store credit yet from buying a Pixel 3A? Android Help


    Has anyone received their $100 Play Store credit yet from buying a Pixel 3A?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 06:15 PM PDT

    Got mine around Mother's Day, and have not received a single email or anything about this. I made sure to read the details, was signed in and everything, but haven't gotten the credit. Has it already been sent out or are we all still waiting on it?

    submitted by /u/cheesewombat
    [link] [comments]

    I was thinking of buying a Xiaomi A2 Lite, and then I saw there's very few (privacy focused) ROMs for it... what others would you recommend in that price range (or lower)? I don't need any fancy features except for a headphone jack and microSD slot. A removable battery would be nice too.

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 10:46 AM PDT

    And I don't care how old the model is, as long as it has a lot of community support and quality ROMs developed for it (and which won't let Google spy on my shit as much).

    submitted by /u/wenji_gefersa
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any way to transfer iPhone voice memos to a voice memos app on android and keep the original names?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 08:38 PM PDT

    I managed to copy them all to my android, but the names are just a bunch of numbers now and they show up in my music player, which I don't want.

    submitted by /u/TroutGrub
    [link] [comments]

    I miss my notification light on S10. Anyone know a good app that keeps the edge screen lit until I actually open or clear the notification?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 03:14 PM PDT

    I like being able to see when I have notifications just by seeing the light. Stock and everything I found so far only does edge lighting for like 5 seconds then goes away

    I want the notification like to stay indefinitely until I've manually cleared it

    submitted by /u/Dodototo
    [link] [comments]

    Amazon alexa on lock screen

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 06:29 PM PDT

    Hello I have a galaxy s10+ and I just bought zungle smart glasses so I putted a button to open amazon alexa and speak from my glasses.I have a little problem, to use(speak) to alexa my phone must be unlocked.Is there a way that can I use amazon alexa on my lockscreen?without to unlock my phone just press the button on glasses give the command and done?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/molismenos
    [link] [comments]

    Google Messages Ignoring Texts

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 06:11 PM PDT

    I'm using a Samsung Note or Galaxy 7 Edge on Sprint. I downloaded the Google Messages app and made it my default, the stock message app is still in the phone. All texts from any number will go to Google Messages, except for one number. That number is picked up by the stock app and completely ignored by Google Messages. Does anyone know why or how to fix it?

    submitted by /u/LordRictus
    [link] [comments]

    S10+ 'Camera Failed'

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 06:01 PM PDT

    Recently purchased an S10+ and everything was working fine for awhile. Now any time I attempt to use the front camera the camera app simply says 'Camera Failed' and freezes. In order to reload the camera app I need to go into settings and reset the camera. If I try to then use the front camera the same issue occurs.

    In addition to resetting camera settings I have force stopped the app, cleared its cache, and cleared its data. The problem persists. Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/GreatOwl1
    [link] [comments]

    "Factory Reset Disabled by Killswitch"

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 07:54 PM PDT

    When I want to factory reset my phone, I get this message everytime, what does this mean? and can I remove it? because I think it's disabling updates and isn't allowing me to unlock the phone.

    phone: LG V30 H930 on Android 7.0.2

    submitted by /u/AE01HD
    [link] [comments]

    Stolen S9 - Can a thief bypass my screen passcode and get access to my data?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 05:38 PM PDT

    Can a thief bypass my screen-code? It is not 1234 or anything stupid.
    How much effort would this take to bypass/ how likely is it to happen?
    What is a thief most likely going to do with my phone? Shit scared about identity fraud, and my data.

    Other info:

    UK based.
    I know the phone was definitely stolen, not lost.
    I was logged into google account (have now changed password). I have Find My Device on Google BUT since the mobile data, wifi and location were ALL switched OFF at the time, that is no use..... until the phone potentially comes online again.
    In terms of IMEI number, I have it, but am waiting for police to get back to me within 48 hours (great). Apparently blacklisting an IMEI means any other sim won't work in the phone as other service providers won't provide service?
    I can't block the handset as I bought the phone sim-free and was using a sim for a different phone in that phone.
    However I have blocked the sim from working with my service provider.

    submitted by /u/VividPear
    [link] [comments]

    You can exceed MicroSD limit with some Androids?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 05:07 PM PDT

    Hi all, I posted this before but didn't get a concrete answer:

    Does anyone know what the maximum Micro SD storage the Phoenix 3 LG-M150 can hold?

    I remember reading a while back that the maximum was 32GB, but now I read that someone says it's not, and I'm like "what???" and basically my life would be really improved if I could get a bigger card in the thing

    Here's what I read:

    "The SD controller inside that smartphone's SoC (SD 210) supports SD 3.0 (SDXC and UHS-I) so you should be able to use any higher capacity card.

    That 32GB 'limit' merely indicates what the vendor certified as maximum amount when they tested the product."

    Is this true? Does anyone have experience with anything involving this?

    submitted by /u/Prowler_in_the_Yard
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to remove or hide keyword search history from Google

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 04:57 PM PDT

    Whenever I open chrome on my android and start typing a search history opens up over the google results and I have to press down arrow to hide. Each entry has little inspection glass next to it. When I try to hide it says go to search suggestions to manage but I can't find it. Is there any to remove this ?

    submitted by /u/abyssion07
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to root galaxy tab 3 SM-T110 using Linux terminal, can’t get into Bootloader

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 02:35 PM PDT

    After turning on developer options, I use the "adb devices" command and I can see my device. I do a "adb reboot Bootloader" and the device just does a regular reboot. "Fastboot devices" has no output. Is there anything that I'm missing here? I've been browsing the web trying to see if maybe the Bootloader is locked but I'm not seeing any links that say that it is. I've rooted my phone numerous times before using Odin on Windows but I ditched Windows a while ago and I'm only using Linux now.

    submitted by /u/th3realdirtydann
    [link] [comments]

    Kyocera Hydro Elite keeps shutting off with full battery.

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 04:02 PM PDT

    Started last week my phone will randomly shut off while in my pocket. Doesn't seem to do it if it's not in my pocket but that could be coincidence. It will shut off and refuse to turn back on, acting like the battery is completely dead. I then plug it in, it once again acts like it's at 0%. The charge light will flash twice, then indicate that it is starting to charge. Then suddenly indicate that I have 80% or whatever battery life and its charging. I can then unplug it and it will turn on. Is my phone just shot or am I doing something weird?

    submitted by /u/AgressiveIN
    [link] [comments]

    Notifications showing on screen

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 03:53 PM PDT

    I recently upgraded to the latest version of android, and notifications will pop up from the top of the screen, I still want to see them in the notification area, but not displaying while I'm doing whatever.

    submitted by /u/WhyDoIKnow4languages
    [link] [comments]

    Am I able to change the boot screen on my Note 9?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 03:48 PM PDT

    Want to try to customize my note 9's Boot screen if possible. Hopefully with a new animation. Any help would be awesome!

    submitted by /u/JayMatLee
    [link] [comments]

    Help acessing into an .asec file

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 09:41 PM PDT

    I'm completely daft when it comes to tech, I'll get this out of the way.

    My phone died, and nothing on the recovery options helped save it. Long story short, I'm trying to pry into the .asec files in hopes of retrieving an user ID number to recover a game account (Touken Ranbu), and my only chance of getting it is somewhere in that file. There's also the chance it could work by converting it to apk and using it with an emulator so I could link that account to an email.... But I'm holding a healthy cepticism towards both.
    If anyone better versed could shed me some light, I would forever be grateful.
    The android was a Blu Studio 5 C HD running something like Kitkat, and the survivors are the data moved to my SD card.
    I'm downloading Android Studio and SDK tools, but I have no idea what to do with it.
    Thank you for your time, sorry if this is not the proper place to ask. If it's not please direct me.

    submitted by /u/lostbluefox
    [link] [comments]

    I set a unique notification tone for a contact in Android Messages. How do I undo this?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 03:38 PM PDT

    So you've got the default Android notification tone, then you've got the text message tone which can be set in Android Messages. Then you can set unique individual tones for each contact, which I have set for my friend. How do I undo the individual tone so that it goes back to the tone that I set in Messages (not the default notification tone)?

    In Messages, I can go into notification settings for the contact and choose a new tone, but I don't want to have to do this every time I change the Messages tone. If I chose the default notification tone, it uses the default Android notification tone, not the tone I set in Messages

    submitted by /u/bruce656
    [link] [comments]

    App to Analyze Power Use - phone becomes hot

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 03:31 PM PDT

    Is there an app that will analyze the reason my phone runs hot when connected to WIFI or 4G? Two days ago, for no apparent reason the battery drains fast and the phone becomes hot. I removed two recently installed apps but no change. I also removed several apps since my phones battery analyzer indicated they had the most power drain, but no change. When not connected to the internet via WIFI or 4G the phone is normal, not hot.

    Perhaps there is an app that I recently updated causing the problem, but I cannot recall which apps were updated just before the problem began. My phone is a Xiaomi Redmi Pro with MIUI Global 8.0. Thanks for your help.

    submitted by /u/kiwi88man
    [link] [comments]

    I keep getting a error message that's in Chinese?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 09:28 PM PDT

    http://imgur.com/gallery/sUj4qrB

    This has been popping up for quite a while. My phone is a s9+

    submitted by /u/decarlosplayer
    [link] [comments]

    Anybody else getting options to message businesses using Android messages from Google maps? Photo in comments

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 09:25 PM PDT

    Just bought a phone with a Verizon SIM card at Samsung store but when activating it says the SIM card is not compatible. Why???!!!

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 06:42 PM PDT

    Motorola Moto G5 Plus sometimes suddenly "low battery" and shuts off

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 02:25 PM PDT

    While using it while the battery life says somewhere between 40% to 65% sometimes it will suddenly screen go black and be shut off completely. Sometimes I need to charge it before it will turn back on, sometimes it will turn back on without charging. Often when it comes back on it says the battery is very low. Or it will go from 60% down to 3% in minutes and engage shut down procedure. The problem happens after about 3-4 hours of 'screen on time' after a full charge.

    A very similar sudden shut down issue w/ battery going from high to low % would happen last winter outside in the cold. Then its been fine until recent weeks. Happens indoors or outdoors now, not just in the summer heat.

    Searching online I haven't found much except some others with conflicting causes... one person was fine after uninstalling Google Now but I can't find a "Google Now" app on my phone, with those people says it was a software bug causing the 'low battery' shutoff. Others said it's due to a dying battery.

    So to test the dying battery theory, the last two days I've let the phone sit on playing Youtube videos for hours. But instead of this problem happening, the phone stays on for +6 hours gradually losing a charge without any sudden drops in stated battery charge %, going all the way down to <10% without a problem.

    Should I bite the bullet and do a factory reset to see if that helps? What should I do? Any ideas on what the problem could be?

    TL/DR: When at 50-70% charge (~3hrs use) during regular use phone suddenly will shut off and then act like it has 0-5% charge. When I let phone sit playing videos for +6 hrs this problem doesn't happen and instead it gradually drops to <10% like normal.

    submitted by /u/Better_Photograph
    [link] [comments]

    LG V39 ThinQ WiFi connectivity issue. One network that was fine previously is now giving me fits our of the blue.

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 11:46 AM PDT

    Hi all. I have an LG V30 ThinQ, and have never had any WiFi issues. At work, I'll typically connect to the guest network. It's not set up to automatically connect, so I have to manually log in every day. For over a month, no problem. Yesterday, though, it spontaneously disconnected around noon time (I was not doing anything on the phone at the time, just happened to notice I was booted when I woke it). Not all that unusual....it's happened a couple times before. But when I tried to reconnect, all I got was a cycle of "Connecting..." then "Saved" for a couple of iterations before finally showing "Disabled". I tap on the network, tap "Forget" and retry. Same thing. I have no issues connecting to any other WiFi network so far...just this one. My work laptop connects to this network just fine, so it really appears to be some issue between my phone and this network only. Password hasn't changed, nothing.

    When I went into the phone WiFi settings, I looked at "Saved WiFi", and this network shows "None" under Security. So I tapped and hit "Forget" from there. I went to "Add WiFi" and manually added the network with WPA/WPA2 PSK, then put in the password. Then same connection issues happened. I went back into "Saved WiFi" and there were now two instances of this network: the WPA one (I'm assuming it's the one I added manually) and one that shows "None" under Security.

    I've restarted WiFi and the phone itself multiple times (including a soft reset) to no avail. I even went into settings and did a "Network settings reset". Nothing.

    Any ideas as to what the issue might be and potential fixes? I'm starting to think my MAC's been blocked...it's all I can think of at this point.

    submitted by /u/GERONIMOOOooo___
    [link] [comments]

    How can I delete photos and generally files without possibility restore them

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 03:21 AM PDT

    Hello, how can I delete photos and generally files without possibility restore them. I have rooted phone, i dont know if it helps.

    submitted by /u/verllar
    [link] [comments]

    My Android is running 32 bit, can I change that to 64 bit?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 01:38 PM PDT

    I have an LG K30 and although it is currently sporting a 64bit processor ( ChipsetQualcomm MSM8917 Snapdragon 425 (28 nm)CPUQuad-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A53 ) running Android Oreo 8.1.0 but only at 32 bit. Is there a way to make this 64 bit as well? Some apps have stopped working on my phone because of this and I'd really like to keep the phone I have if I can.

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/TACHYON101614
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel