• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Sunday, June 30, 2019

    Android Help Sunday Rant/Rage (Jun 30 2019) - Your weekly complaint thread!

    Android Help Sunday Rant/Rage (Jun 30 2019) - Your weekly complaint thread!


    Sunday Rant/Rage (Jun 30 2019) - Your weekly complaint thread!

    Posted: 30 Jun 2019 04:14 AM PDT

    Note 1. Join our Discord, IRC, and Telegram chat-rooms! Please see our wiki for instructions.

    This weekly Sunday thread is for you to let off some steam and speak out about whatever complaint you might have about:

    • Your device.

    • Your carrier.

    • Your device's manufacturer.

    • An app

    • Any other company


    Rules

    1) Please do not target any individuals or try to name/shame any individual. If you hate Google/Samsung/HTC etc. for one thing that is fine, but do not be rude to an individual app developer.

    2) If you have a suggestion to solve another user's issue, please leave a comment but be sure it's constructive! We do not want any flame-wars.

    3) Be respectful of other's opinions. Even if you feel that somebody is "wrong" you don't have to go out of your way to prove them wrong. Disagree politely, and move on.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Pixel 4, Please Have a Flat Display

    Posted: 30 Jun 2019 06:01 AM PDT

    Kiwi Browser adds text reflow support, Translator settings, external download manager support, and more

    Posted: 30 Jun 2019 07:45 AM PDT

    [DEV] DarQ - Per-app selectable force dark option for Android Q (Root required)

    Posted: 30 Jun 2019 12:28 PM PDT

    Since running Android Q on my daily device (perhaps foolishly), something I've wanted is a way to apply force dark to just some apps, as it breaks many apps, such as Facebook and Messenger. DarQ provides this.

    It uses an accessibility service, and - regrettably - root, to turn on and off the system wide force dark toggle (that's broken in the settings too) as an app opens and closes respectively.

    Unfortunately, due to the toggle now only being writable with root on beta 4 (it was possible with ADB before), the app does need root. However, that does mean it can apply the main system dark theme too, allowing for an automatic sunset / sunrise application, using the same methods. I think this option was in the system in earlier betas, but has disappeared, so this brings it back.

    DarQ is totally ad free, doesn't even have the internet permission, and is open source, so you can see exactly what it's doing with that accessibility service and location permission (spoiler: location is for the sunset/sunrise calculation).

    You can download DarQ from XDA Labs here

    (why not the Play Store? Accessibility service.)

    Gallery of screenshots

    I've written a short FAQ here (also available in the app), on what DarQ can and can't do, as well as some flaws in the system. One thing to take out of that, though, is that force dark is meant as a developer option. Please do not pester app developers asking them to "fix it" with force dark enabled.

    submitted by /u/Quinny898
    [link] [comments]

    Build, flash and boot AOSP on Beryllium (Poco F1 / sdm845) running mainline (v5.2-rc7) kernel

    Posted: 30 Jun 2019 08:49 PM PDT

    Oppo Reno 10x: A Layman's Review

    Posted: 30 Jun 2019 08:57 AM PDT

    I have had the phone for a few days now and wanted to give a very basic pros and cons of this phone to those thinking of getting it.

    The good:

    1. Face unlock is amazingly fast. Im pretty pale, so it might help. I am happy with it.
    2. Under the screen fingerprint scanner sucks until you get used to it. If you don't register it properly in the setup area, you will have to come down at a certain angle or it wont work. If you retrain it, it is actually pretty nice.
    3. VOOC is insane. It isn't 50v but it is still pretty good. It takes like 55 minutes to go from 5% to 99%.
    4. The main camera is ridiculously good. It can zoom 60x if you want to take a picture. After 10x zoom it becomes digital zoom, instead of hardware. 10x video recording is just equally good. The best are the night pictures. I have never been able to take a single good night camera picture with any previous phone until now. The quality is almost as good as my mirrorless camera.
    5. The front camera is just fucking cool as shit. I have loved every picture I have taken with it so far. So much that I have taken at least 100 selfie pictures since yesterday. I usually take like 4-5 a week to check my hair from the sides.
    6. Battery life so far so good. I am at 60% after a days usage. Oppo's UI doesnt let you check SOT (I am new to Oppo's UI, so I am not sure where to look outside of the battery menu as I can't find it).
    7. Vibration and heptic feedback are so much better than my HTC U11+
    8. It is fast.
    9. You can ALMOST uninstall all the bloatware that comes with it, esepcially Facebook.
    10. It has screen recording with sound.
    11. It has a ton of other assistance features, such as auto reply, automatic call record, and many other cool customizations that I never thought I needed.

    The bad:

    1. I can't change the lockscreen's wallpaper to a live wallpaper. This was really disappointing. Does anyone know if I can somehow fix this?

    2. The curved screen messes with my OCD: it is simply not aligned that well with the status bar.

    3. I can forgive 1 and 2 but I have had a rough time dealing with the volume rockers being placed on the left side of the phone. I am right handed. I have to use my left hand to adjust the volume. I haven't had to do this ever with any Android phone I have owned, let alone a 6.65" phone. It is so hard to reach the volume button easily compared to my previous phone, where I was able to do it all one-handed.

    4. There is no quick way to launch the camera. Double tap of the power button doesn't do anything. Neither does the volume buttons. Is there an app that can remap double press of the power button to quickly launch the camera?

    Number 3 and 4 of "The bad" are the only real shitty things about this phone. After replacing the home launcher, I barely interact with the system's UI, so it doesnt bother me. But having to turn the phone on, sliding from bottom-right to the left to launch the camera as the only quick camera launch option sucks. I had 3 different options to quickly launch the camera with my previous phone, I have 0 with this phone.

    If you know how to fix ANY of the bad, please let me know. Otherwise, I would totally recommend it if you are okay with said bad.

    submitted by /u/JourneyTo1000lbs
    [link] [comments]

    How do you organize your phone's apps? (Android)

    Posted: 30 Jun 2019 12:32 AM PDT

    I've been using Android for almost 6 years now but I still haven't figured out what the best way to organize myriad of apps I installed.

    Every time I change my device, once every 2 years, I try to organize all apps folder by folder and customize my home screen to best fit my everyday usage.

    To be specific, I first organize all my apps and selectively add some folders & individual apps onto my home screen.

    However as time goes by, this method stumbles upon 2 major problems:

    1. Updating current apps sometimes magically makes some apps to get out of their folders without me knowing.
    2. 'Syncing' the folders between all apps list and the home screen is very hard.

    A practical example for 2. is when I only need a subset of the apps that belong to the same category on the home screen. If I have app A, B, C, D in 'tools' folder but only mainly use app A and B, I usually add 'tools' folder on the home screen and remove C, D from the folder.

    But it is very easy to fail to sync between the two especially when I add a new app E that belongs to 'tools'.

    What do you guys do to dynamically organize Android apps constantly being added and removed? This has been a hassle for way too long and I wanna find a way to manage things before I move on to Galaxy Note 10. (from Note 8)

    submitted by /u/JeffreyChl
    [link] [comments]

    Show me your wallpaper and widget layouts !

    Posted: 29 Jun 2019 07:06 PM PDT

    curious to see what android users use !

    Wallpaper

    submitted by /u/nogoalov11
    [link] [comments]

    Xiaomi CC 9 vs iPhone Xs: Selfie cameras

    Posted: 30 Jun 2019 05:56 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel