• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Monday, September 24, 2018

    OnePlus Moronic Monday (September 24, 2018) - Your weekly questions thread!

    OnePlus Moronic Monday (September 24, 2018) - Your weekly questions thread!


    Moronic Monday (September 24, 2018) - Your weekly questions thread!

    Posted: 24 Sep 2018 07:12 AM PDT

    This is /r/oneplus' weekly thread for simple questions. More complicated tech support requests and comments begging for codes etc. are not allowed.

    Questions will be archived in the wiki under the FAQ section.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Recent apps on pie with OP gestures

    Posted: 24 Sep 2018 10:26 AM PDT

    Pie's new recent apps layout makes it so much harder to switch to the last used app when using the OnePlus gestures instead of the navigation bar - any ideas how to make this easier?

    submitted by /u/ouchdavid
    [link] [comments]

    Upgrade to Pie - satisfied?

    Posted: 24 Sep 2018 11:46 AM PDT

    Hi all

    After reading of all the several issues you've experienced with the upgrade to P, was it worth it?

    Sounds like a lot of you have issues with either missing compatibility or missing native features?

    Should you have stayed on Oreo?

    And a noob question, is it often like this when upgrading Android? I'm currently waiting for the 6T to launch and am interested in how the 'upgrade flow' is working

    submitted by /u/kkberg
    [link] [comments]

    Just updated OP6 to Android Pie. Noticed the old Recent apps layout is showing below the new Recent apps style. Anyone else getting this?

    Posted: 24 Sep 2018 03:30 PM PDT

    Does anyone else think the new multitasking menu is trash in Android P?

    Posted: 24 Sep 2018 01:37 PM PDT

    The new apple type multitasking menu is pretty trash Imo. It just doesn't feel as fluid swiping left to right then top to bottom to me.

    submitted by /u/ExtraFirmPillow_
    [link] [comments]

    Bragi sues OnePlus in Europe for using the word 'Dash'

    Posted: 24 Sep 2018 12:05 AM PDT

    Since Android Pie, OP6 time keeps moving back one hour while asleep?

    Posted: 24 Sep 2018 07:08 AM PDT

    Ever since upgrading to Android 9, I notice that after keeping my phone locked for an hour or more, when I unlock it, the time is one hour behind, then it abruptly changes after using for a few minutes.

    For example, I woke up this morning, feeling like it was after my alarm, opened my phone and it said it was 8:57AM. I used it for a few minutes, then changed to 9:59AM, and the alarm popped up saying my alarm was missed. That could've been bad if it was an alarm on a different day.

    I'm not anywhere near a time zone border, and I'm in EST. This has happened twice so far in the past day.

    submitted by /u/mpthrowaway1197
    [link] [comments]

    OP3 Screen lose, ghost touching and possibly swollen battery. Looking for advice (and positive reassurance..)

    Posted: 24 Sep 2018 11:59 AM PDT

    I bought the OP3 on release in Europe. I've been using it as my main phone ever since. It's gone through some tough love, but never had any major issues other than cosmetic. Never rooted, never modified, all original parts.

    Now I've noticed that my battery was started to heat up quite more than usual when using a lot of power like gaming, watching stuff and using many apps at once. but assumed it was normal for an older phone. this summer I noticed my screen has "unglued" itself on the top part (around where I feel the overheating battery is). I thought it was my own fault and as it wasn't causing me issues, I kinda pushed it off.

    then button ghosting started. Around the lower third of the screen a line of random presses keeps happening. It's become more and more frequent where I can no longer properly use the phone anymore.

    I've factory reset it. Taken it to 3 phone repair places but noone gave me anything concrete and quoted me insane prices. One guy said "If I fail, I'll return it to you in pieces but you don't have to pay anything." so I'd rather not yet risk that.

    I'm no longer under warranty, I am currently waiting on a response from OP but hoping maybe someone has experienced this before and what your outcome is? Can't exactly afford a new phone, so I'm hoping for the best. Started to look into Ifix it teardowns and what not.. idk how doable that might be for me.

    submitted by /u/KleptoCyclist
    [link] [comments]

    I got my crackable device

    Posted: 24 Sep 2018 02:47 AM PDT

    Anyone else got it yet? i wonder how many people could actually get it, we knew there are 1000 entry, but there must be somebody in some place not able to get it on time for some reason, the time for them to send all these devices out are pretty tight imo.

    The Device

    submitted by /u/FunFair11
    [link] [comments]

    Location doesn't work in "Battery saving" mode

    Posted: 24 Sep 2018 11:47 AM PDT

    I've been having this issue for months where unless I have my phone in device only or high accuracy, it will not work at all.

    Has anyone else had this problem or knows of a fix for it?

    submitted by /u/Dylzan1
    [link] [comments]

    Destroyed my OP3... Help?

    Posted: 24 Sep 2018 05:20 PM PDT

    Hey folks,

    My OP3 got smashed. The screen is black, and plugging into USB doesn't yield any recognition on the PC.

    Any possible way to get my photos off the device?

    I know, I know... I'll be backing them up from now one! :)

    submitted by /u/BaggedMerc
    [link] [comments]

    Would you recommend downloading Oxygen Updater to get Android Pie right away or should I wait? Are there any risks doing so?

    Posted: 24 Sep 2018 09:17 AM PDT

    Edit: I live in Sweden so haven't received the update yet.

    submitted by /u/ajamlou
    [link] [comments]

    I need help finding a good replacement screen for my oneplus 3t

    Posted: 24 Sep 2018 07:31 PM PDT

    Ok so my oneplus 3ts inner screen cracked because some stepped on it so I ordered a new screen and got it replaced... First time the screen worked for a day and stopped so I returned it and got another one and it still doesn't work.

    I was wondering if someone could help me find a replacement screen that actually works and isn't cheaply made. I looked on Amazon and they're all under 3 stars and everyone's having problems with the screens. I just want a decent phone but I don't have the money to buy one so I'm trying to replace the screen for this one

    submitted by /u/Hachem24
    [link] [comments]

    Where to find the Dirac activity?

    Posted: 24 Sep 2018 07:17 PM PDT

    Hey everyone, I got the OnePlus 6 recently and I'm absolutely loving it, haven't had a OnePlus phone since the 3 and I missed the experience for sure!

    I wanted to add a homescreen shortcut to the Audio Tuner / Dirac settings so I can toggle on/off Audio Tuner more quickly, I work with different audio sources so going into Quick Settings > Settings gear > Sound > Audio Tuner gets cumbersome. Does anyone know how to add it as a homescreen shortcut? I tried adding it using Activities (I use Nova Launcher Prime) but I couldn't find it anywhere.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/kbbbles
    [link] [comments]

    Rooting OP5T

    Posted: 24 Sep 2018 07:17 AM PDT

    I use my 5T for everything, I'm always tinkering it, always trying some new stuff in it, and I'm feeling a little bit limited with some apps, is it worth it?

    submitted by /u/leorzanette
    [link] [comments]

    Android Auto & Pie

    Posted: 24 Sep 2018 02:55 PM PDT

    I've been a little disappointed with my pie experience, the most dissapointing is that android auto keeps crashing and does not work properly on my VW.

    Has anyone else struggled?

    submitted by /u/solar93
    [link] [comments]

    [Question] Broken OnePlus 5T data recovery

    Posted: 24 Sep 2018 02:29 PM PDT

    Recently broke the screen on my OnePlus 5T. The touch screen is still responsive, but the screen went completely blank. I can still receive messages.

    I am going to send it out for repair to OnePlus support, but want to back up all of my contacts and old messages using Android Data Recovery software. Haven't found any that support my device. Anyone ever had any experience with this?

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/shaftie710
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone know why OmniRom has stopped updating?

    Posted: 24 Sep 2018 06:13 PM PDT

    I noticed a couple weeks ago that I wasn't getting weekly updates from Omni anymore. I went to the site and saw that the last update on most of their supported devices was 8/12. What happened? I can't find any information on their website or the XDA forums they link to, reddit, or anywhere else.

    Omnirom is often talked about when custom ROMs come up so I expected to see something when it just stopped out of the blue which makes me think I've missed something.

    submitted by /u/PixelOrange
    [link] [comments]

    What happened to detailed battery view on Android P?

    Posted: 24 Sep 2018 03:07 AM PDT

    Ey,

    I was going through the settings and can't find the advanced battery view anymore where you could see the graph of the battery with bars underneath it with cellular data range wifi signal etc.

    Is that gone forever or am I missing it?

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Horatius420
    [link] [comments]

    Does the Oneplus 6 with Android 9 support the multi-camera APIs?

    Posted: 24 Sep 2018 02:43 AM PDT

    Here they mentioned that Android 9 supports simultaneous usage of two or more cameras. Is this implemented on the Oneplus 6?

    submitted by /u/Rickeh1997
    [link] [comments]

    OnePlus 2 Camera Replacement

    Posted: 24 Sep 2018 01:31 PM PDT

    Hello,

    I bought a used OnePlus 2 and the camera has issues focusing. For the most part this wouldn't bother me but I started using Rocketbook and because of Camera issues it takes far too long to scan one page. It isn't a huge deal, I'm just curious to hear about people's experiences.

    submitted by /u/HAL__Over__9000
    [link] [comments]

    Please suggest me a new gestures app

    Posted: 24 Sep 2018 10:27 AM PDT

    I've been using the great Edge Gestures app since I got my OP6 and I systematically use the Switch to the previous app shortcut.

    After upgrading to Android Pie this shortcut no longer works, at least as smoothly as it used to.

    I don't want to use the native gestures from Pie because of the big and ugly navbar that eats away a portion of the screen and because I really like being able to use my gestures on the right side of the screen (great for single hand operation).

    Anyone has a good suggestion for an alternative app? Hopefully one that has been tested on Pie.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/DrTaxus
    [link] [comments]

    Whatsapp camera being really slow in Android Pie

    Posted: 24 Sep 2018 04:01 AM PDT

    Goodday fellow Redditors,

    Since the new Android Pie update I've noticed that taking pictures in WhatsApp has become terribly slow. It seems to wait with taking a photo till the phone is stationary, but it can take literally multiple seconds before taking the shot, and often it performs worse then it did before the update.

    Does anyone else have this as well, and would somebody have an idea on how to fix this?

    Cheers,

    Red

    submitted by /u/Redbiertje
    [link] [comments]

    Voicemail issue - proximity sensor or tilt sensor stops playback despite normal phone position (OP 6 on Oreo)

    Posted: 24 Sep 2018 02:44 PM PDT

    So every time I go to listen to a voicemail, I click the play button and hold the phone to my ear. The problem is the phone detects a change in orientation either due to the proximity sensor or tilt sensor, which causes the voicemail playback to stop. It's very annoying since I'm not doing anything unusual.. Anybody else have this issue?

    submitted by /u/dingman58
    [link] [comments]

    Android 9 Pie, audio stops playing within 30 seconds of locking screen.

    Posted: 24 Sep 2018 10:35 AM PDT

    I updated a few days ago and since then, whenever I lock my screen or allow it to lock, the app I use to listen to audio books(Axis 360) stops playing. This happens within 30 seconds, sometimes the instant the screen locks. When I go to start playing, it resets to where it was when I first started playing it.

    I've disabled Adaptive Battery and allowed full data usage by the app, but it keeps happening, even on wifi. Has anyone else had weird music/audio issues?

    submitted by /u/Mithridel
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel