• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Sunday, April 22, 2018

    Windows 10 Version 1803 build 17134 now available in the Slow and Release Preview rings. Windows Help

    Windows 10 Version 1803 build 17134 now available in the Slow and Release Preview rings. Windows Help


    Windows 10 Version 1803 build 17134 now available in the Slow and Release Preview rings.

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 05:44 PM PDT

    Why does Windows hide file extensions by default?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 03:55 AM PDT

    It seems this creates way more problems than it solves (does it solve any?)

    For one, computer illiterate people (of which there are millions out there using Windows with default settings) have no way of knowing what type of file they have and when you request a certain file type. For example maybe you're a graphic designer that requires a png from the client, they'll have NFI what you're talking about. And when you explain it's the one that ends in png they'll say there isn't one when there actually is. Incredibly frustrating.

    Another thing, there is an obvious security risk. There may be some files out there called openme.zip.exe and people may foolishly run it by mistake, installing who knows what onto their machine.

    Were people scared of a few useful letters that told you an awful lot about a file? Having file extensions hidden for some files and shown for others depending on the programs installed on your PC is incredibly stupid and confusing.

    submitted by /u/GammaScorpii
    [link] [comments]

    Windows 10’s File Explorer Is Getting a Dark Theme

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 07:20 AM PDT

    A Good Android App to Save you From Forgetting Windows Login Password

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 06:17 PM PDT

    WerFault stealing focus

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 04:32 PM PDT

    I recently upgraded to a SSD and installed windows 10 on to it. After a little bit I noticed a program stealing focus from any application I run. After using the Windows Focus Logger I can see that the program is WerFault. I have struggled with it for several weeks to try and see if I can fix it but I haven't been able to fix it with any advice I have found online. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/DaHunter101
    [link] [comments]

    Life after HomeGroups - What are the alternatives?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 12:06 PM PDT

    I loved not needing to put credentials when accessing resources from other computers in my home network, but I just discovered Microsoft is deprecating this - they say this is because you can log in with Windows Live, but logon was just a part of it! What now?

    submitted by /u/ElSrJuez
    [link] [comments]

    [Windows 7] Audio skipping/glitching after latest round of updates

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 03:36 PM PDT

    I've been on Windows 7 for about 3 years, and have had all updates disabled for the last 9-12 months (I work in audio/media composing and I've learned that updates can quickly bork my system).

    I've been having intermittent issues with Windows the last couple week, so I downloaded & installed all security updates that I had been ignoring. Since that time, I can't get any audio to play consistently. If I open a browser, it skips; if I open a program, it skips. I even tried closing every program except my audio player. The audio still randomly skips. I've tested this in Foobar2000 and VLC...same behavior.

    I don't have the money for an OS upgrade (plus, Win10 doesn't play nice with a lot of the music programs I use), and I'd like to avoid a complete reinstall of Win7. Anything I could investigate as the possible cause? Should I start uninstalling every update that I just added to my system?

    submitted by /u/hwangman
    [link] [comments]

    Buying older versions of windows

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 06:34 AM PDT

    Where am I able to legally buy licences for xp or windows 7? Also am I able to "bind" them to my microsoft account like I can do with 10?

    submitted by /u/Zolgath488
    [link] [comments]

    3 things you need to know about Windows 10's new privacy settings

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 12:26 PM PDT

    Windows audio problem

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 06:25 AM PDT

    Since i don't know when my audio started to bug out.

    Here's the problem: when i play a sound or games like Pubg or Cs:go my background noise, footsteps, open doors and overall sound is very low even on max settings, but when i fire a gunshot its freaking loud. I don't know what caused it and i'm sure its not my headset, cause even my monitor speaker shows the same result. I tried loudness equalization but then i get crackling noise or bad sound quality overall. I reinstalled windows, audio drivers, graphic drivers and removed all peripheral.

    Does anyone have an idea to fix this issue?

    submitted by /u/Feigte
    [link] [comments]

    5 hidden features of Windows 10 Spring Creators Update

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 12:05 PM PDT

    Microsoft Edge on Build 17134.1 shows Windows 10 April Update on the Homepage - MSPoweruser

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 11:34 AM PDT

    What are my options if I am on build 17133.73 and left the Windows Insider program?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 11:29 AM PDT

    Reading all the 'reports' online about 17133 being the RTM, I joined the Windows Insider program and updated my PC to build 17133. After that I left the Windows Insider program. Now that build 17134 is released, what are my options?

    submitted by /u/roamingoninternet
    [link] [comments]

    Why does Windows 7 freeze at first boot if installed in UEFI mode?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 12:47 AM PDT

    Any way I could transfer charts and graphs from google forms to Microsoft PowerPoint?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 03:50 AM PDT

    Headphone Sound Problem

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 12:43 AM PDT

    Hey guys, I really need your help! I wanted to play PUBG with my Bluetooth Headphones but every time when I set the sound output to my Headphones there's simply no sound! Really can't seem to figure it out. The headphones do work with things like TS or Discord

    Edit: The Headphones also don't work with Spotify sometimes. They also show up as two entries in the Sound Menu (MDR1000X Stereo and MDR 1000X Hands-Free). When I select Hands Free then I always get Audio but the

    submitted by /u/pascal-dev
    [link] [comments]

    Full screen issue

    Posted: 21 Apr 2018 09:49 PM PDT

    When ever I close a full screen game I can't interact with most programs and my desktop. Can any one help me fix it

    submitted by /u/Crazyman1304
    [link] [comments]

    Touchscreen is not working after reverting back to Windows 10 from Ubuntu

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 05:17 AM PDT

    Hi guys,

    I have used Windows 10 for 2 years and I booted my HP Pavilion laptop with Ubuntu 16.04 and for some reasons I reverted back to Windows 10 through a USB device. The touchscreen doesn't seem to work. I have tried to update the driver but there is no driver installed and the PC properties showed " NO PEN AND TOUCH SUPPORTED". I don't know what to do. Touch worked on Ubuntu too. I tried HP Support assistant and it didn't work as it asked for PC properties whether touch support is present. And my pc doesn't show it. Any suggestions will be helpful.

    submitted by /u/Prudhvi4p
    [link] [comments]

    Easy way to convert from mac to PC, transferring all accounts?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 03:41 AM PDT

    Soon i plan to get a new PC, how can i easily transfer my email accounts and more from my MAC to the new PC?

    submitted by /u/AdditionalExcitement
    [link] [comments]

    Applications don't remember changes after restart

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 03:30 AM PDT

    When I shut down my computer some changes in programs are not saved. I'm not talking about actual settings in these programs but small things like expanding a menu that should stay expanded after restarting (and it does if I close the program before the restart).

    This is especially infuriating in the case of Spotify. If I don't close it manually before shutting my computer down it doesn't remember any songs I played in that session. Which makes it play a really similar looking selection of songs because the algorithm still wants to play them as it doesn't remember they were played before the restart. Any settings or changes in playlists are always saved as they should be.

    Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

    submitted by /u/roooonie
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to reinstall my windows but whenever I want to get the ISO from windows it gives me an error: The product key you entered appears to be for software pre-installed by the device manufacturer

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 02:25 AM PDT

    Deleted Windows 10

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 02:19 AM PDT

    I completely reset my macbook, which i had the windows 10 installed on, that was also deleted. I still have the windows 10 product key, is there any way to get the program back?

    submitted by /u/pgizmo97
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel