• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Sunday, April 22, 2018

    Laptops Is this any good?

    Laptops Is this any good?


    Is this any good?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 08:55 AM PDT

    Screen problems after sending laptop in because of backlight burn. What is this weird mark?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 11:05 AM PDT

    Dell XPS 15 9570 v. Aero 15x v. Lenovo P52s... or wait for a new Dell Precision 5520?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 01:26 PM PDT

    Any opinions on the new dell G series laptops

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 10:51 AM PDT

    I'm curious if anybody has gotten any of these laptops yet. I've been waiting for reviews but the most I've seen is an unboxing so far. Just curious if any of you guys have received any of them and what your opinion is. I'm super close to just buying them at this point. I was committed to buying the 7577 and then these were announced so I was wondering if it's worthwhile to go for these

    submitted by /u/Kevin123432
    [link] [comments]

    Just bought a gigabyte aero 14, should I reset windows?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 05:37 AM PDT

    Hi,

    Just got a new laptop, a Gigabyte Aero 14 and since there's a lot of stuff on the desktop I was wondering if doing a Windows 10 reset is necessary or should I just uninstall everything?

    Thanks

    p.s. first laptop, always had a desktop I constructed myself.

    submitted by /u/badigel
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone found a retailer that does not charge a restocking fee for the Aero 15 v8?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 10:02 AM PDT

    Like many of you, I'm pretty intrigued by the Aero and GS65 for my next laptop, but I haven't found a retailer in NYC that either stocks the Aero as a display unit or allows for no-restocking fee returns. When the GS65 comes out, I know I can go to Best Buy for free returns or at least use their display unit to vet its build quality/keyboard/trackpad etc. Any retailers that would help me with this for the Aero? I'd rather not solely rely on YouTube reviewers for a 2K unit.

    submitted by /u/brokenairguitar
    [link] [comments]

    Do you guys know a Gaming Laptop: 13- 14 inch for portability, 6+ hour battery life and at least gtx 1050 ti and above

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 03:26 AM PDT

    Hi. I am looking for a gaming laptop for school.

    Here are my requirements:

    I want to game, so I would like a gtx 1050ti and above

    I need it to be 13 - 14 inch so I can carry it around

    And I need atleast 6+ hour battery life on normal usage (not gaming) for school use.

    My budget is under $2000.

    If you can find one, that would be great :)

    submitted by /u/chochild
    [link] [comments]

    Does Macbook Air ever lag?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 01:08 PM PDT

    Hi,

    I have never had a Macbook and am considering to buy one in the near future. One of the things that attracted me to Macs was the rumor that Macs never lag or catch any virus. Is this true? How smooth is the overall work experience with a Mac?

    submitted by /u/lazimsiz
    [link] [comments]

    256GB or 512GB SSD for Dell XPS 13 9370?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 12:13 PM PDT

    At the moment, Dell has a sale on XPS products, so I was considering the XPS 13 9370. The configuration I'm going for is an i7-8550U, 16GB RAM and a non-touch 1080p display. That leaves me with storage.

    The 256GB SSD puts me at a total of about $1460 while a 512GB SSD puts it at about $1515. These prices include tax, so I was wondering if doubling my storage is worth the 50 bucks. I do video editing, light gaming and music production

    submitted by /u/BlazzingBlocks
    [link] [comments]

    how do i clean the dust out of my laptop?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 12:09 PM PDT

    I have a msi gp72 2qd leopard and I haven't cleaned the dust out of it for a while quiet a while now so I decided to ask here. If anyone could help me I would greatly appreciate it, thanks.

    submitted by /u/derpdude2
    [link] [comments]

    What $1,000 gaming Laptops should I look forward to this Year?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 01:21 AM PDT

    Hi, thanks for helping in advance!

    I'm planning to go with a laptop that has 1060 in it, and can game and CREATE games in Unity, in modelling softwares, in Substance Painter.

    I've heard that someone is making 8th CPU generation of laptops but I am not sure if it's something to look forward to.

    What are your thoughts? Anything juicy coming out?

    I have time till the end of summer most likely.

    submitted by /u/Boyka__
    [link] [comments]

    Need help Choosing between the ASUS Zenbook N580VD and the FX503VM.

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 11:33 AM PDT

    Hi, I been looking for a new powerful beastly laptop that can handle video editing, graphic design programs, and Twitch streaming with no problems. I love Asus's laptops and never had a problem with any of my previous ones. Is there any big differences between the N580VD and the FX503VM? They are both in my budget range I like that both have a matte screen which is what I'm looking for.

    submitted by /u/collapsingnight
    [link] [comments]

    Use case Question in Regards to SSHDs

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 11:02 AM PDT

    Basically I have a small laptop with room for one hard drive. It currently houses a 500gb hdd. I'd rather not use just an SSD because of the size limitations (gaming, movies, etc), but also want a snappy OS. I understand that SSHDs usually have an 8gb SSD cache. I've seen videos of how quick boot times with SSHDs are, but I'm curious about the long-term.

    I'm not sure how these drives determine what goes on the cache, is it safe to assume that since your OS will have files that will be 'most frequently used,' that the OS itself should be quicker vs HDD even in the long term? I'm not at all concerned about load times for games or movies, as I've always been using 64gb SSDs for OS and HDDs for content. Thanks

    submitted by /u/Daxiongmao87
    [link] [comments]

    Storage upgrade for Msi apache pro ge62

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 10:49 AM PDT

    Looking to upgrade my internal storage which is still the factory SSDs that are 136GB and 80 GB. Looking to do this for under 60 euros (live in the Netherlands) and need at least 500GB extra storage. Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/0valtine_Jenkins
    [link] [comments]

    Cannot install Windows 10 on SSD

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 10:12 AM PDT

    I have recently added a 360 GB Intel nvme SSD to a Dell Inspiron 5570.

    I have tried to install Win 10 but I got the message about not being able to install due to some controller issue but I got rid of that message by changing from uefi boot to legacy boot.

    But now I have a different issue about not being able to install with error code 0x80300024.

    The solution is to unplug the media cables that are not required but that would be difficult as this is a laptop.

    I hope someone can post a more suitable solution

    submitted by /u/tyrannor
    [link] [comments]

    Some keys on my keyboard doesn’t work

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 10:12 AM PDT

    Hello! Some keys on my keyboard dosnt work (E, H, G, etc). I formatted the pc, and the problem persist. An USB keyboard does work.

    Laptop: asus x555la

    I dosnt know what is the problem can u help me please?

    submitted by /u/manu2730
    [link] [comments]

    Help with new SSD

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 10:04 AM PDT

    I recently bought a Dell Inspiron 15-7567 gaming laptop. It didn't have a SSD so I bought a 500gb WD Blue.

    Here is the one I bought.

    I installed it and am not seeing it in the file explorer. Do I need to format it or configure it for it to show up? I've never installed a SSD before. I want to install a fresh copy of windows 10 on the drive but I want to make sure I do it properly.

    submitted by /u/Yanksuck73
    [link] [comments]

    Is the $650 13.3" Pavilion x360 gaming laptop worth it?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 09:08 AM PDT

    Laptop compatibility with external devices

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 08:55 AM PDT

    I've owned a mac for a year and it's driving me crazy. Please, help me get back to windows (love or hate it) anyways, I spent awhile working for a company that used Lenovo's. I had a docking station that gave me the ability to essentially turn my laptop into a desktop. I could run dual monitors the size of tv's if I desired. I'm looking for something similar. It would be used for business and creative. Adopting the "windows pen" and connecting a external drawing pad when the machine in connected to monitors. I would like it to manage photoshop. Please let me know if anything comes to mind. Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/blakeorm
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a new laptop

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 08:03 AM PDT

    I've been given a budget of £1,000 to get a new laptop. Looking for something slim and light with a good battery. 13"/14".

    I'd like it to have the MX150 but I know that brings the options down.

    Ordered a Asus GL503vm but it was far to big and bulky, am used to using a Surface Pro on a daily basis.

    What would people recommend? I like the Zenbook range. Always see the XPS as the one to get, but are they really that good?

    Thanks folks.

    submitted by /u/Thesteelman85
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook pro 2013 - is it a good deal?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 03:04 AM PDT

    Apple MacBook Pro 13" Retina, i5, 8Gb, 256Gb SSD (Late 2013, ME865) looking for some android and web programming.

    Battery is good, overall visual conditions are good.

    Is it worth to buy? Here in Ukraine its about 700-750 usd. Worth it? Thank you!

    submitted by /u/PlasticUnicorn
    [link] [comments]

    Adding new m.2 drive to aero 15x v8

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 04:12 AM PDT

    Hi everyone,

    Having picked up an Aero 15X V8 last Monday I have a question regarding installing a new m.2 drive in the open slot. I'm not the most techie person when it comes to adding new drives etc so I'd just like to know if the specs of the following HP drive meet those of the open slot on the motherboard? I would also really appreciate it if, in the event it is compatible, somebody might be able to explain if there are any extra steps I have to take software wise (BIOS etc) after a new drive is installed.

    https://www.amazon.com/HP-EX920-Internal-Solid-State/dp/B0795Z97K7

    Any guidance is much appreciated. Cheers!

    submitted by /u/-RoGeR-RaBBiT-
    [link] [comments]

    Aero 15W vs 15X battery life?

    Posted: 21 Apr 2018 09:16 PM PDT

    Trying to figure out the potential differences on battery consumption, primarily based on 1060 vs 1070.

    I've read opposing things though, one said that the 1060 will run 80w and 1070 80-90w. Another I read said 1070 maxq is more efficient, so im not sure.

    submitted by /u/sillibird
    [link] [comments]

    Business Consultant

    Posted: 21 Apr 2018 10:43 PM PDT

    • Total budget and country of purchase: Up to $3,000

    • Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money? Pick or include any that apply. 2 in 1 is important to draw charts and diagrams especially through videoconference. Battery life of 6-8 hrs is ideal, but more the better.

    • How important is weight and thinness to you? It's important to be thin and stylish, with a modern and streamlined finished like the MacBook air. I don't want anything with random design accents or garish logos. It can't be too heavy as I travel at least once a month.

    • Which OS do you require? Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Linux. Any but I have a slight preference towards Windows 10 because of some legacy software

    • Do you have a preferred screen size? If indifferent, put N/A. 15". Although I travel, I would never use this on the plane. But it would be in my carry on. The large screen helps me have two documents open side by side when I'm in hotels.

    • Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run. No gaming whatsoever. I may create basic 3d models in Blender occasionally, but I will run data analysis and math models with small data sets (R, SPSS, python)

    • If you're gaming, do you have certain games you want to play? At what settings and FPS do you want? No games. I need a webcam, and it should not be at the base of the screen looking up (like the Dell XPS)

    • Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)? Fingerprint reader, sd or mini sd card reader, video out, SSD drive, and touch screen to draw charts real time over videoconference

    • Leave any finishing thoughts here that you may feel are necessary and beneficial to the discussion. Style and reliability are more important than raw CPU power, since we have our own servers and amazon cloud for fancier/larger number crunching. Style is important because I need to look good in front of my clients. I need reliability because down time costs money.

    submitted by /u/Mc20stats
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel