• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Sunday, April 22, 2018

    Any way to recover or unlock a phone with a smashed and blacked out screen? Android Help

    Any way to recover or unlock a phone with a smashed and blacked out screen? Android Help


    Any way to recover or unlock a phone with a smashed and blacked out screen?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 02:05 PM PDT

    So I managed to smash my phone screen today and the screen has completely blacked out as well meaning I can't unlock my phone or connect it up to my laptop to back it up or take files off of it before I send it off to get fixed. Does anybody know of a way to get around this? I've got a lot of photos on there that I thought were saved to my memory card but apparently they're not. My phone is a Sony Xperia XZ Premium, any help would be greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/Rebel_Scum_16
    [link] [comments]

    "Disabling iMessage"?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 07:40 PM PDT

    I just switched from Apple to Android today and the man assisting me with the transaction mentioned something about googling how to 'disable iMessage' due to text messages becoming possibly lost due to the transition.

    Also as a side note, I switched from an iPhone 5s to the Galaxy S8. My iPhone 5s has a completely broken screen too (screen will literally not turn on), so I'm not sure if I could manually disable iMessage on my iPhone so simply. Any advice on what to do and what the man assisting me meant?

    submitted by /u/TheGodofCoffee
    [link] [comments]

    Does android P spell the end to some features like cerberus' picture taking?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 09:35 AM PDT

    i remember reading somewhere that apps can't use the camera if they are in the background, starting on android P. cerberus has a feature to take a picture when your phone is lost, so you can identify who is using it or maybe where it's at. seems like there could be other features in apps that might go away as well because of this, though i do think the privacy aspect of no camera in background apps makes it worth it.

    submitted by /u/Sythus
    [link] [comments]

    How do I change the default app that open when I click I link (Galaxy S7)

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 02:20 PM PDT

    For example, when I want to open a twitter link my phone it takes me to chrome instead of opening the twitter app.

    submitted by /u/666cancer666
    [link] [comments]

    Messages app repeats notifications when app is opened?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 07:12 PM PDT

    I use a Galaxy S8+ with Google's Messages app on Oreo. If I open the Messages app while I have an unread text notification, my phone will buzz and display the popup again as if it was a new notification. This is super annoying. Is there a way to disable this?

    submitted by /u/stepdad420
    [link] [comments]

    Occasionaly all my ringtones randomly become the "Silent" track

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 07:04 PM PDT

    I've noticed it usually happens right after my battery has died (after i recharge and turn it back on). i check my sound profile and it says normal. i check my volume and the volume of each individually (alarms, calls, notifications) and they are all up. and i check im not on do not disturb mode. my phone is a HTC one M8.

    This is particularly a problem as I divert the work phone to it and can miss many important calls/be uncontactable for a good portion of the day until i notice.

    any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Vegathron
    [link] [comments]

    I need a gadget than can tell me when my phone isn't near me

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 01:59 PM PDT

    So a friend of mine lost his phone recently. Now he's buying a new one and he said he wanted a gadget than he can carry with him at all times which would tell him if his phone isn't near him. Kinda like a watch that connects to his android phone and tells him when he gets too far from his phone. Do you know if there's a gadget that can do this?

    submitted by /u/MobyFreak
    [link] [comments]

    Android phone have not a lot of apps. And storage and ram are almost gone.

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 06:46 PM PDT

    I have a Samsung j3 luna pro 2017 from tracfone. and i only have 6 non pre installed apps. Pubg mobile,geometry dash, zombie avengers, windscribe, turbo vpn, and hitman sniper. Now i moved pubg and hitman to my sd card and i did a factory reset while ago. Though, i only have 764 mb free of gb and 267 of ram.

    submitted by /u/clashofdragons
    [link] [comments]

    Are there any ways to run ipa files on android?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 10:23 PM PDT

    I've tried to find emulators on the internet but I haven't found anything that worked.

    submitted by /u/reemngr
    [link] [comments]

    Why does google play services needs so many permissions?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 11:00 AM PDT

    Like really i was digging into all app permissions and i found out google services and the google playstore really need a lot of permissions, what does google play services even do? When i disabled all permissions it asked me to turn the permission x on because otherwise google play services won't work, it won't clearify why

    submitted by /u/phonefreak1
    [link] [comments]

    How to completely reset a tablet?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 10:17 PM PDT

    I have a Samsung note pro 12.1. it was a high end device when I purchased it several years ago. The take away here is it has 3gb which I think should still be sufficient to have a decent Android experience.

    Problem is somehow I messed it up and there can be super extremely long painful pauses. Long enough you want to throw the tablet against the wall. If memory is completely cleared by closing all the apps then it becomes better for a short while.

    I'm thinking maybe the problem is due to me messing with the memory settings when I had it rooted long ago. There are apps where you can change various memory settings when rooted.

    Since then I've updated the tablet several times and even I think did it a few times when triggered with that software for flashing ROMs.

    BUT it never actually was clean, my apps would still be there and so would this problem.

    How can I reset it doing a clean install? I would prefer not to have to download any rom and install it over USB if I don't have to but if that's the only way then I'll do that too.

    Any suggestions how I can do this? Thanks

    submitted by /u/mishaxz
    [link] [comments]

    Android Emulators

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 01:27 PM PDT

    I'm looking for a good one and Google isn't helping, any Suggestions?

    submitted by /u/GrimO_ORabbit
    [link] [comments]

    [Help] T-mobile US Galaxy S5 strange power problem

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 10:03 PM PDT

    I have a several-year-old Galaxy S5 (SM-G900T) running 5.1.1 and rooted with Teamwin, etc. Recently it has been spontaneously rebooting more and more often, and when it's running on battery power alone, it gets into an infinite boot loop.

    If I connect it to a mains power source with at least 2A, it will run fine. But even a 1A source is no longer enough to keep it from rebooting continuously. The battery is new as of a month ago, so I'm fairly certain it isn't a battery health issue. (It does it with both the new and old batteries.)

    I can remove the external power if the screen isn't active and the phone isn't doing anything taxing, but as soon as (for instance) tethering is turned on, the phone begins cycling unless it's plugged in.

    System Monitor shows no more than ~25% CPU usage (when I can run it). But I've been unable to isolate the issue further. Is there any way to diagnose the problem and figure out what's causing such a power requirement all of a sudden? (I do have root.)

    Thanks in advance for the assistance.

    submitted by /u/craic_d
    [link] [comments]

    can you make reminders play a continuous alarm sound instead of the brief alert sound?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 09:48 PM PDT

    can you make reminders play a continuous alarm sound instead of the brief alert sound?

    thanks

    submitted by /u/pandabearajuana
    [link] [comments]

    When does Android require your pin?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 03:37 PM PDT

    I have my fingerprint set up, but periodically my device (pixel XL on 8.1) will require my pattern instead of accepting my fingerprint. This seems to happen without a reboot.

    So when does Android require your lock code over your fingerprint?

    submitted by /u/mrandr01d
    [link] [comments]

    Dual Boot Patcher help

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 03:10 PM PDT

    Hi, I am trying to run dual boot on my Xiaomi Redmi Note 4. I have custom ROM with root as primary and would like to try some others. But whenever I try to flash second ROM either through the app or TWRP I get this error. I tried searching but haven't found anything. Anyone willing to help?

    edit- system has 910MiB out of 2.91GiB free if anyone's wondering

    submitted by /u/likovitch
    [link] [comments]

    What is the best 3rd party unlocking service?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 09:05 PM PDT

    My family and I switched from Sprint to Cricket, we have been jumping through hoops for Sprint to get my Dad's phone unlocked and they supposedly unlocked mine in 2 days, we go to Cricket and they both say Invalid SIM. Our IMEI's are compatible with Cricket. They tried everything. I have a Sprint S7 Edge, it says in settings it will work on CDMA, LTE/CDMA, GSM/UTMS, and Automatic. Now we called Sprint for the hopefully last time on Friday and they said our phones will be unlocked in 48 to 72 hours. Now hopefully it happens. Our phones meet all criteria to be unlocked. Sprint had even sent us confirmation emails saying that they were unlocked. My Dad has a Samsung Galaxy J3 (2016). If our phones aren't unlocked this time then we will be going through a 3rd party unlocking service. What is the best unlocking service?

    submitted by /u/shinedowngirl1787
    [link] [comments]

    Phone recommendation please.

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 09:02 PM PDT

    Apologies if this is the wrong forum, seemed to be OK based on sidebar.

    My Sony Z5 is dying and will need replacement soon. I'd prefer to buy outright and go on a cheaper plan with my carrier (Telstra in Australia) but am not sure which handset to buy.

    There are 5 main requirements that I have: 1. Great battery life.

    1. Headphone jack built in.

    2. Expandable memory with micro SD.

    3. Front facing speakers (such as on my current Z5).

    4. Screen size similar to what I have now (5.2 inches I think) but if it's bigger and covers all of the above, then so be it.

    Can anyone recommend one to me? I have no ties to brands or how it looks or screen resolution, I just want it to work and work well. All other features don't matter too much to me, e.g. a nice camera is cool but not essential.

    I'd like something newer than the Z5 but at this stage I'm thinking of actually buying a Z5 off eBay or something but suspect it wouldn't be "new" and would just have the same aging problems that my current phone has.

    submitted by /u/Jebus_Jones
    [link] [comments]

    When do a call, my battery completely discharge?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 05:12 PM PDT

    I heard about being some sort of bug where call mode or using your phones network drains battery in a huge way. The tepeohone I have is a Sony Z5 Compact. Calling on Messenger does not huge battery drain, only the normal way to call people.

    submitted by /u/VonDinky
    [link] [comments]

    "Pug Downloaded" what is this?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 08:57 PM PDT

    I was on Cracked trying to find an article. The website is full of these ads that take forever to load and jump around the page as they do. I think I clicked on one of them and then I got a notification that "Pug" had downloaded. Then my phone was taken to a screen that said "Restore" and "All existing data will be replaced by this Restore".

    I noped back out of there and deleted Pug from my downloads. I checked to see if any apps were installed without my permission and nothing seems to be wrong there. I've since booted into safe mode.

    Am I in trouble? What just happened to my phone? Should I do anything else to safeguard myself?

    I'm on a first generation pixel running 8.1.0 if that helps

    Screenshots can be found here. The zip was created by me accidentally and has also been deleted. https://m.imgur.com/a/VPl972P

    submitted by /u/ItWillScan
    [link] [comments]

    White and gold flakes coming out of sim tray

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 05:04 PM PDT

    I dropped my phone and saw some white flakes coming out of the top of the sim tray. I tried to pick some out and they looked like fingernail clippings. There seemed to be some thin bronze flakes coming out too. Then I opened up the tray and saw some more. Also, the sim card didn't actually seem to be in the tray. I didn't look any further because I wasn't sure if this stuff was bad to touch. Anybody know what's going on? Also, could this stuff be dangerous?

    submitted by /u/Qu3sti10n
    [link] [comments]

    Note 3 Wont Log Into Apps, Why?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 01:12 PM PDT

    I know its an older phone but after I factory reset the phone I cant log into any apps (Snapchat, Pokemon Go, etc...). At first I thought it was because the apps were on the SD card that didnt get formated and the old files were confusing the new ones somehow but the issue persists. Been exercising my google-fu but havnt found anything even relevent. Anyone know of a solution?

    submitted by /u/Xyrack
    [link] [comments]

    Any way to use phone as a wifi adapter for pc??

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 12:49 PM PDT

    So I broke my wifi adapter on my PC, and am waiting for one to come in the mail, I plugged it in and used my hotspot, but I only get 10 Gb before it slows to 512 kbps. Is there anyway it can use my wifi and act as a wifi adapter for my PC? I have an s9. Thanks for the help!

    submitted by /u/arehs9
    [link] [comments]

    LG G6 Fingerprint scanner

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 08:15 PM PDT

    I have a "problem" where the finger print scanner does not scan my finger until the always on display activates. When I pull my phone out of my pocket the phone doesn't scan my finger until the always on display turns on, any fixes for always scanning?

    submitted by /u/PodQwerter
    [link] [comments]

    Why would some unused/rarely used Google related apps consumed so much battery than my frequently used apps?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 08:14 PM PDT

    I'm using Xperia XZs on 8.0, screenshot of battery usage: https://imgur.com/a/8qvIBks. The apps in question with battery consumption in brackets:

    • Drive (5%): I have five offline files, three of which are PDFs that haven't been modified since, three are Google Sheet/Doc files each of which are updated around once a week.
    • Messages (5%): I don't send SMS at all, and don't open the app; only receive SMS from corporations such as bank, which is rare.
    • Maps (4%): seeing that it consumed very much battery, I decided to disable the app. I even turn location completely off (Wifi & GPS), but strangely it still shows up in the list consuming 4% battery? What the hell?
    • GBoard (4%): Not shown in the screenshot as I've uninstalled it. I used it solely for text input (Chinese and English) and didn't use the built-in Google search or other fancy functions. I've switched to Swiftkey. Why does a keyboard need so much energy?

    On the other hand, PocketCast and Telegram which I actively use frequently are on the lower end of the consumption list. Even the screen itself consumed less energy then any of the above. It really baffles me.

    submitted by /u/nigelinux
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel