• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Friday, June 17, 2022

    Linux How do you choose what HDMI device pulse audio will send audio to

    Linux How do you choose what HDMI device pulse audio will send audio to


    How do you choose what HDMI device pulse audio will send audio to

    Posted: 17 Jun 2022 07:12 AM PDT

    I recently added a new monitor which I originally replaced my main monitor and used the audio from the new one, which was fine. Since then I've put my old monitor back and replaced the secondary one with the new one. The main monitor is display Port and the secondary is HDMI and they now both have audio ports.

    For whatever reason setting pulse audio to HDMI/DP output it's sending audio only to the HDMI monitor, while I want to specify that it should go to the DP one. Is there a way that I can specify which device to use when HDMI/DP is the selected output?

    I have EndeavourOS, and I use pavucontrol for audio needs, but I'm fine with a cli solution. Or even a solid argument to move to pipewire, that research is on the todo list

    submitted by /u/RoryIsNotACabbage
    [link] [comments]

    Linux Mint. I updated the kernel and now i can't install GPU driver. i go to driver manager and choose one of the options, install it, restart, only to find a message, at startup, saying i don't have a gpu driver installed.

    Posted: 17 Jun 2022 01:27 AM PDT

    as a result, my pc is running on 800x600 resolution with no sound

    i tried downloading .run files from nvidia downloads, tried going to ctrl+alt+f1 mode, running that after sudo service lightdm stop, but i always run into some error and the thing doesn't get installed. isn't there another way to install the driver?

    linux mint 20.3 cinnamon

    cinnamon version 5.2.7

    kernel 5.15.0-33-lowlatency

    geforce gtx 980

    submitted by /u/aluminium_is_cool
    [link] [comments]

    More bash tools...

    Posted: 17 Jun 2022 05:45 AM PDT

    I want to do things straight up from console.

    Lately I got used to using apt instead of Synaptic Package Manager. What should I learn more and how? I should be able to alter disks and partitions, network, make live USB, etc.

    submitted by /u/mrAnmol
    [link] [comments]

    KDE Day and Night theme

    Posted: 17 Jun 2022 01:58 AM PDT

    Is it possible to set up two themes that will auto switch depending on the time of day?

    submitted by /u/Endeavour1988
    [link] [comments]

    Frequent grub error: Load the kernel first. My system boots only after multiple reboots using ctrl + alt + del

    Posted: 17 Jun 2022 09:05 AM PDT

    [Doom Emacs] How do I get rid of these snippets?

    Posted: 17 Jun 2022 09:04 AM PDT

    Connecting my PS5 Dualsense Controller to my Raspberry Pi 4 doesn't work

    Posted: 17 Jun 2022 08:57 AM PDT

    I'm using Raspberry Pi 4 with Raspbian Buster (Legacy version) . And connecting the controller to my pi using bluetooth, gives me a error which is

    Connection failed - GDBus.Error:org.bluez.Error.Failed: Input/output error 

    It probably has something to do with the drivers I think.

    Help please?

    submitted by /u/SagoDEFCON
    [link] [comments]

    Fedora 36 - Nvidia Drivers falling back to noveau after install with secureboot enabled

    Posted: 17 Jun 2022 01:38 AM PDT

    After enabling secure boot i tried to install the akmod-nvidia driver on fedora and it installed but after a reboot just before the login screen, it says something is missing and falling back to noveau drivers. Is this a secure boot problem cause it worked fine before it.

    submitted by /u/DVSStudios
    [link] [comments]

    how to move my an os from one disk to another?

    Posted: 17 Jun 2022 01:11 AM PDT

    so I recently upgraded my laptop with an SSD and

    I want to migrate the os into the SSD, is there any convenient and safe

    way to do that?

    I'm using pop_os btw.

    submitted by /u/0lelk
    [link] [comments]

    Older kernels seem to have no issues with RTL8723BE driver, how do I google what linux to install where that problem did not develop yet?

    Posted: 17 Jun 2022 03:01 AM PDT

    People menton upgrading linux got the problem for them, but noone mentions a good fix or that what older linux would work, I would like to download an older one and just use that to try......

    submitted by /u/trwwjtizenketto
    [link] [comments]

    How do I keep glava running after the terminal closes?

    Posted: 17 Jun 2022 05:47 AM PDT

    glava closes when I close the terminal, even after running it with the appended &. How to keep it running?

    submitted by /u/shasherazii
    [link] [comments]

    USB gaming headset

    Posted: 17 Jun 2022 04:45 AM PDT

    Hi,
    I've Gaming Headset EasySMX A55. It's a lowcost headset but it enough for me, and, it's the first time i bought a headset that didn't hurt my ears.
    PROBLEM : I broke the 3.5mm jack and after 6 reparations, i'm borring that i can't use it more than some few months.
    So i need to use it with it USB plug.
    I'm on a Ubunt 21.04 64 bits and when i plug my headphones USB, the orange light work.
    But when i go to parameters, it's not visible and when i try command "lsusb", it don't show anything.
    Any idea to help making it work fine please ?

    submitted by /u/Direct-Ad676
    [link] [comments]

    Making use of Hacking: The art of exploitation

    Posted: 17 Jun 2022 04:30 AM PDT

    I am using Lubuntu Jellyfish 22.04 and have started to read the begginers book by Jon Erickson. It turns out that the commands used in gdb is for x86 based architecture. I have 64 bit and the commands no longer work here.I really want to go through the whole book. Is there a way out.

    submitted by /u/knightbish0p
    [link] [comments]

    Indian languages not rendering on browser (Malayalam Tamil)

    Posted: 17 Jun 2022 12:27 AM PDT

    I am used to malayalam swanalekha(m17n) and tamil phonetic (m17n) keyboard layouts on Manjaro Gnome, But with the latest update, I am unable to type anything in malayalam or tamil on the Browser(firefox).

    I am still able to type properly on Telegram and the gnome search bar alone.

    It doesnt work anywhere like within nautilus, while searching documents, Libre office if I even if I explicitly selected a malayalam font(Noto). I can still type other languages like russian directly without selecting a particular font. I waited for a couple weeks for another update and the issue persists. Pls help.

    submitted by /u/nigcopter
    [link] [comments]

    PS3 Eye Camera not showing up in Add Camera list in MotionEye

    Posted: 17 Jun 2022 04:09 AM PDT

    Hello, I'm new to troubleshooting linux drivers, and I have a PS3 Eye Camera plugged in, that i want to use in MotionEye which is shown up in lsusb as:

    Bus 002 Device 005: ID 1415:2000 Nam Tai E&E Products Ltd. or OmniVision Technologies, Inc. Sony Playstation Eye 

    When I go to add camera in the drop down lookup in motioneye, it says that no local cameras are detected, even though it is plugged in and in lsusb.

    When I try the command "ls -Al /dev/video*", i get this output: root@minix:/dev# ls -Al /dev/video* ls: cannot access '/dev/video*': No such file or directory

    Motioneye's log doesn't say detect the camera nor say anything about it.

    Here is the output of dmesg:

    [ 4549.239722] usb 2-1.3: new high-speed USB device number 5 using dwc2 [ 4549.347207] usb 2-1.3: New USB device found, idVendor=1415, idProduct=2000, bcdDevice= 2.00 [ 4549.347299] usb 2-1.3: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=0 [ 4549.347374] usb 2-1.3: Product: USB Camera-B4.09.24.1 [ 4549.347422] usb 2-1.3: Manufacturer: OmniVision Technologies, Inc. [ 4550.379671] mc: Linux media interface: v0.10 [ 4550.498415] usb 2-1.3: current rate 10503 is different from the runtime rate 16000 [ 4550.504740] usb 2-1.3: 3:1: cannot get min/max values for control 2 (id 3) [ 4550.508616] usbcore: registered new interface driver snd-usb-audio 

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Arben40
    [link] [comments]

    Laptop boots with Ubuntu 16 but not with Ubuntu 18 and 20.

    Posted: 17 Jun 2022 03:56 AM PDT

    I have an older laptop HP 620 that I'm using to run Home Assistant (home automation software) on Ubuntu 16.04.7 LTS. I'm using it for a couple of months and it works great.

    Yesterday, I wanted to install an addon for Home Assistant and it didn't work because I should be using Debian 11 to get fully supported HA.

    The reason I installed Ubuntu Server 16.x.x in the first place was because Ubuntu Server 18.x.x and 20.x.x did not boot when I installed them (using a default install configuration). I tried a couple of programs to fix booting, but nothing helped. I'm a bit hesitant to try Debian 11 because I expect similar problems.

    Do you maybe know what could be the reason that Ubuntu 16 booting works out of the box and with Ubuntu 18 and 20 it doesn't? Is there any install configuration that I should change?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/hiphop1987
    [link] [comments]

    Where/how can I familiarize myself with the technical terms associated with linux?

    Posted: 16 Jun 2022 11:50 PM PDT

    I understand that this might be a somewhat ambiguous question and that learning is a continuous process, but I'd appreciate it if there is a specific learning source (books or websites) for some of the more basic concepts and features associated with Linux and the kernel.

    submitted by /u/kid_named_finger_
    [link] [comments]

    A distro for daily usage inside a VM in order to get used to Linux before switching completely—but that it isn't so friendly.

    Posted: 16 Jun 2022 11:49 PM PDT

    Hi.

    So I thought it'd be a good idea to use a Linux VM on a daily basis and doing regular stuff in there. Like browsing and studying etc.

    The thing is I want all the hard stuff to meet me in the VM and not when I already switched my laptop, so I want a distro that isn't so user-friendly, if that makes sense?

    I mean, I want to encounter all the errors and mistakes and learn about them/solve them while I'm on the VM, and then be prepared to use Linux when I finally do switch.

    My only usage of Linux until now is a Kali VM for Cyber studying. And since I don't use it that much, it's not a lot of Linux using.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/itiD_
    [link] [comments]

    EasyEffects stops working after closing window

    Posted: 17 Jun 2022 03:29 AM PDT

    Hey, so recently I switched to DWM from KDE on Arch Linux. I'm currently using PipeWire for my audio. I was using EasyEffects as an equalizer for my headphones but when I tried using it after switching to DWM it would stop working when I closed the window, I also couldn't get it to work when the system starts. I made sure the "Shutdown on window closing" option is disabled. I noticed that enabling it to run on startup it tries to run the command "easyeffects --gapplication-service" when I tried running it manually through the terminal it did work, but it closes when I close the terminal.

    submitted by /u/scalinator
    [link] [comments]

    just installed aerc, loving it but have some newbie questions

    Posted: 17 Jun 2022 03:25 AM PDT

    my email inbox is basically a mess in general, i have so much spam shit and various organizations sending me unnecessary stuff.

    Is there a way to move all emails from certain senders automatically to certain folders?

    Also, i notice every time i go into aerc, it downloads all emails. is it possible that they get stored on my pc so that it happens instantly?

    And lastly, is it possible to get a split view so that when i open an email, it comes to the side, instead of hiding my inbox?

    Ive read the manual but i didnt see these questions answered so thought id ask here, all in all i love it though, so if someone sees this post and decide to give it a go then thats also a win :)

    submitted by /u/primetive
    [link] [comments]

    Linux interactions with vm

    Posted: 17 Jun 2022 03:24 AM PDT

    I rarely hear about running virtualbox or a similar hypervisor on linux as the host machine is there a reason for this? Is there limitations that windows does not have?

    submitted by /u/CoreRun
    [link] [comments]

    Problem with home partition in Ubuntu.

    Posted: 16 Jun 2022 11:33 PM PDT

    (Ignore the layman language) So I didn't create enough space on my home partition while installing linux so now whenever I download stuff i'm out of space, But under "Other locations" it shows two more folders ( idk if you can call it a folder or not) it shows that i have around 500-600 GB of free space (their file paths are dev/sda1 and dev/sda2 , if that helps to understand what I'm referring to) :

    https://preview.redd.it/2u8385hp75691.png?width=1732&format=png&auto=webp&s=25323f62ddbc9f912c515f096601949ce7afb1ab

    How can I make those spaces available to my /home ? I googled this and couldn't get an answer. I don't wanna re-install ubuntu again.

    https://preview.redd.it/3k9a8vfc75691.png?width=1088&format=png&auto=webp&s=014de129e235344c111e0a5ddf705529209a2883

    submitted by /u/kid_named_finger_
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel