• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Saturday, April 30, 2022

    I drew the Windows XP logo with colored pencils Windows Help

    I drew the Windows XP logo with colored pencils Windows Help


    I drew the Windows XP logo with colored pencils

    Posted: 30 Apr 2022 10:20 AM PDT

    Advice on making my windows 10 look more like 95. I even have all the og sounds and the maze screen saver.

    Posted: 30 Apr 2022 03:09 PM PDT

    Alert: Fake Windows 10 updates infect you with Magniber ransomware

    Posted: 30 Apr 2022 04:11 PM PDT

    From BleepingComputer -

    Fake Windows 10 updates are being used to distribute the Magniber ransomware in a massive campaign that started earlier this month.

    Over the past few days, BleepingComputer has received a surge of requests for help regarding a ransomware infection targeting users worldwide.

    While researching the campaign, we discovered a topic in our forums where readers report becoming infected by the Magniber ransomware after installing what is believed to be Windows 10 cumulative or security update.

    https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/fake-windows-10-updates-infect-you-with-magniber-ransomware/

    One of the main reasons to do frequent disk image backups and store them offline...

    An investment of around $60 U.S. for a 2 TB external USB drive, and free disk imaging software like Macrium Reflect (Free) are must-have tools for anyone...and the answer to "how do I get my files back".

    submitted by /u/OldNavyGuy301
    [link] [comments]

    Why does Microsoft hold your PC hostage until all W10 updates are fully installed?

    Posted: 30 Apr 2022 01:06 PM PDT

    My computer has an 8-core processor, 16 GB ram, and 2 TB hard drive.

    It runs perfectly smooth most of the time, I can play games and watch a livestream simultaneously and I can even stream games.

    That is until there are pending updates. Then my computer fails to work. Everything is super slow, everything freezes, and I cannot even run a single program without freezes. This includes Task Manager and notepad.

    However, once all pending updates have been fully installed, my PC runs great again. It is only when there are pending updates that my PC don't work.

    My PC may be running fine and I am Final Fantasy XIV gaming when all of a sudden the game is freezing a whole lot. I will see in the system tray, " Please restart your PC to install updates "

    If I don't, my PC runs like hell until I shut down and let Windows install the updates. Then my PC is fine again.

    Unless... If some updates were not able to install, then my PC still runs like hell until the remainder of updates are installed.

    For instance, if Windows has three updates and I shut down to install them. If only one or two of those three updates were installed but the others could not be installed for some reason, my computer will run even worse until the remainder of updates are installed. Once those updates are installed, my PC is fine again.

    However, if only some of the updates are installed and the others failed for whatever reason, as a result of Microsoft heavily throttling my computer until all updates are installed, it causes my computer to really struggle to re-download and re-install these updates.

    Again, once they are installed, everything is fine and dandy again.

    Why does Microsoft heavily throttle my PCs performance until all updates are fully installed? Even my network is throttled until Windows has installed all updates.

    This seems like a very shady update process Microsoft has got going on here. It seems that they think that everyone can just drop what they are doing on their PCs to restart their computer to install said updates—which is almost never the case.

    Why does Microsoft hold your PC hostage when updates need to be installed?

    submitted by /u/Arceist_Justin
    [link] [comments]

    Co-workers pc (same exact model) already has Windows 11 but mine does not. Why?

    Posted: 30 Apr 2022 04:39 PM PDT

    I've been waiting forever to upgrade to Windows 11 and all of my co workers have it expect mine. Mine says it's not ready yet. Just wondering what the process was.

    submitted by /u/ohmymeme
    [link] [comments]

    My post in the feedback hub

    Posted: 30 Apr 2022 10:37 AM PDT

    Basically upon cold boot, if you launch the action center the first time it will activate the secondary GPU for some reason causing the system to lock up for 2 seconds while the GPU wakes up, renders the animation, and goes back to sleep. The next time it uses the iGPU as usual and is smooth. This does not happen with any other flyout and didn't use to happen in W10.

    Upvote the feedback if you have the same thing going on in your system, so Microsoft can see it.

    https://aka.ms/AAgsolg

    submitted by /u/Prakyy
    [link] [comments]

    Someting similar to mac for Windows management gestures

    Posted: 30 Apr 2022 11:02 AM PDT

    Hello, I would like to know if there is an alternative for windows management on Windows with the mouse as on mac with the application Mac Mouse fix

    The link of mac mouse fix to understand what it is : Mac Mouse Fix - A simple way to make your mouse better.

    With mac mouse fix when you hold middle click and move the mouse

    You can open Mission control (task view for windows), change windows, change desktop if you have multiple desktop

    I want someting similar on my windows 11

    submitted by /u/Gloomy_Permission_98
    [link] [comments]

    Windows 3.1 is 30 years old, so here's a 30 minutes video of Windows 3.11 (WfW 3.11, Italian edition) running under DOSBox SVN

    Posted: 30 Apr 2022 01:25 PM PDT

    I saw a post recently "why windows just work", and I was like does it tho ? Does it work generaly for you ?

    Posted: 30 Apr 2022 04:52 AM PDT

    for me at least, it doesn't. Just recently :

    • Yesterday I scanned something at work. The scanner charger jammed so the printer refused to keep going. Then even if I abort, I can't rescan with the printer without restarting my computer. whaaaaaat ??? Plus the scanner app doesn't come preinstalled ????
    • I have recently bought a magnificent pair of Bluetooth noise canceling headphones. First, I've never been able to connect my previous ones. period. in 2022 bluetooth is apparently not a solved problem ? seriously WTH ???? Second, if I call my gf on my computer, all the other sounds are muted. I tried for 10 minutes to change this did not succeed and this angers me so much. How can't I do what I, THE OWNER OF THIS DEVICE, want with it ?????
    • The icon for "you are not connected to any WiFI" "you're not connected to internet" is the same. This is idiotic.
    • Why do develop your own C/C++ compiler and why is it such a pain to install it? on linux "it just work". it is literally 1 command away? on windows I have to install first an installer ! and decide between a million different bundles that nearly all include visual studio ! WHY CAN'T YOU JUST CONTRIBUTE TO LLVM??
    • OMG the bluesceens that are still happening in 2022 ! I have approximately one once a month. I've had the linux equivalent once (and I had done something terrible just before).
    • The zip compliance. some zips are not openable by the explorer. seriously WTH ???? ZIP is an open standard ! worse part: the explorer just freeze and doesn't tell you anything about what is happening.
    • WHO ASKED FOR WEB RESULTS IN THE START MENU ????? I WANT AN OPT OUT BUTTON !!!!!!!
    • OMFG the updates that killed one of my computer !!! I had to reset it completely ??? for a faulty update in 2022.
    • the xbox controller for which you have to manually change the driver???????
    • The Edge-Begging each time I'm trying to do something without it is really not working for me.
    • windows media player install prompt that launches when I open a wav file
    • the fact that tiktok comes preinstalled even tho it was an argument against right to repair ?????

    The 7 first were just last week. I'm dying inside with all of this bullcrap. Especially since it is all decision taken by management somewhere.

    Windows doesn't "just work" not even remotely. they just advertise it does. but OMG spend 1% of your add budget on dev time please !!!

    submitted by /u/ML_me_a_sheep
    [link] [comments]

    went back in time when ken yue is good

    Posted: 30 Apr 2022 08:15 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel