• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Wednesday, January 13, 2021

    The phone ringing only for a specific person? (with notification+vibration for the rest) Android Help

    The phone ringing only for a specific person? (with notification+vibration for the rest) Android Help


    The phone ringing only for a specific person? (with notification+vibration for the rest)

    Posted: 13 Jan 2021 03:02 PM PST

    I would like to set it up that the phone rings (with sound) for only one person, but stays silent for everyone else (still vibrates and notifies me - but is completely quiet).

    Is there a way to do this?

    Or do i need to replace the general ringtone with a silent ringtone? I would like to avoid this, in case i await e.g. hospital calls.

    edit: samsung galaxy s8, if this matters.

    submitted by /u/SvansyVonSwansea
    [link] [comments]

    Gf keeps getting browser tabs opens saying she has like 5 min to remove a virus from her phone

    Posted: 13 Jan 2021 04:31 PM PST

    Not sure if it's an app or malware?

    submitted by /u/cincoboy
    [link] [comments]

    my phone is frequently close to the storage limit. screenshot attached with breakdown. please help!

    Posted: 13 Jan 2021 04:04 PM PST

    I have a Samsung S7. I keep deleting pix but that doesn't seem to have achieved much. I've attached a screenshot. What can I possibly do?

    In the first pic in the bottom left you see it says 1.4 GB free out of 24 GB - but the left bar only seems to be 4 GB or so. So I dont know where the other 20 GB are. That was the highest up I could go.

    The second pic is somethign I just discovered recently. That shows Device Memory, and Root. And apparently the first pic is of the memory. But how is it that both are exactly 1.4GB / 24 ?

    You can also see whatsapp is a huge culprit at 2+ GB. Is that normal or is mine particularly bloated? I dont even understand why it would be so big given that Media is just 1.25 GB, and I cant imagine text conversations taking up another Gig even though it spans 5 years.

    https://i.imgur.com/HNqARWu.jpg

    https://i.imgur.com/HxnAr1i.jpg

    submitted by /u/ZiggyZig1
    [link] [comments]

    Using a android phone with a iPad

    Posted: 13 Jan 2021 07:03 PM PST

    I was just wondering how many people here use a android phone with a iPad and what apps they use to make both platforms more compatible. (I hear google apps works great on both) I recently got a iPad and was wondering if anyone has any tricks to make them work better together.

    submitted by /u/JC3345
    [link] [comments]

    What are the negative effects of WhatsApp collecting meta data, apart from seeing targeted ads?

    Posted: 13 Jan 2021 02:30 PM PST

    As an average consumer, what negative or potentially negative effects does WhatsApp and Facebook collecting meta data have on me, apart from seeing targeted ads?

    I've been telling my family and friends to leave WhatsApp and when they ask why I don't know what to say except for the targeted ads point to which they reply "it's not that big of a deal" or something along those lines. If I can have some more serious negatives, it might be more helpful in convincing then to them uninstall it.

    submitted by /u/bilalsadain
    [link] [comments]

    Lowering External Microphone Gain

    Posted: 13 Jan 2021 07:45 PM PST

    I've been using Samsung DeX as a replacement for my broken PC for almost three weeks now and it has been going great! However, I was messing around with plugging in an external microphone to see if it could be viable for streaming. The mic works fine and all, but has WAYYYYYY too much gain (it picks up my breathing from about 5 feet away). I did some quick google searches and found that there is basically no solution for lowering the gain (there are plenty for boosting it though). A recording app isn't the solution because I want to know its viability for streaming live, which means it's no use having an app that edits the audio after recording. As previously mentioned, I don't have a PC, so rooting is out of the question (and warranty and my carrier would most likely interfere as well). Is there a reasonable solution without digging too deep into the phone?

    Phone: Galaxy S10+

    Android Version: 10 OneUI Version: 2.5 Samsung DeX Version: 3.8.50.4

    Monitor (how the microphone and other accessories are connected for Samsung Dex): Dell U3818DW Connection Path: Mic > USB > Monitor > USB-C > Phone

    Microphone: TONOR USB Microphone Kit, Streaming Podcast PC Condenser ... Q9

    TL;DR: I tried using an external mic with Samsung DeX but I want to lower the gain and rooting isn't an option b/c broken PC. An app won't work because I want to use it for livestreaming (or at least see if it's viable).

    submitted by /u/narddatard
    [link] [comments]

    Why are my household Google/YouTube ads in French now?

    Posted: 13 Jan 2021 03:49 PM PST

    For both my Samsung S8 and my sister's S7, our ads have started playing in French for the past day or two, even though we live in England? Another strange thing is that on the Google app, this ( https://support.google.com/websearch/answer/9586983?p=fr_tos&visit_id=637461783527858963-833655078&rd=1 ) link has appeared at the top of my newsfeed and has stayed there all day. Any ideas what's happening?

    submitted by /u/KazooShoe
    [link] [comments]

    Can I use ODIN to flash backed up image of my S20 which is Android 10 over Android 11 if I don't like 11?

    Posted: 13 Jan 2021 09:39 PM PST

    i've never used ODIN but i thought i read somewhere a long time ago that it can be used to make an image of the entire phone before installing any custom ROMs and then reflash with backed up image in case the phone acts up with the new ROM. i've looked online and i all i'm able to find is how to flash firmware on the phone, but not how to do a backup (if its possible at all on S20).

    i have a US unlocked version in case that matters. thanks!

    submitted by /u/MUH_ROADS
    [link] [comments]

    Every time I log in with my Google Account, Play Store installs 5 apps. How to fix that?

    Posted: 13 Jan 2021 05:33 PM PST

    The apps are Duo, Play Music, Play Movies, Photos and Drive. I don't like to keep my Google account connected every time. A notification appears after logging in "finishing apps setup, 1 of 5" (something like that).

    How can I disable this behavior? Is there a system package that triggers this?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/pineapplehelmet
    [link] [comments]

    Android Auto Dashboard?

    Posted: 13 Jan 2021 08:12 PM PST

    Hello Android fans here -- I am a new user for this community, but not a new user for Android. I am also a developer and early adopter and use Android exclusively and almost never iOS.

    That background clarified, I recently tried an iPhone (given from work) plugging in to my car to use Carplay to know how it works and behaves.

    I was really impressed with the dashboard feature with a neat trick sectioning out the screen with important information right in front.

    Why can't there be a similar dashboard for Android Auto? Is there a technical reason why this has never been done? Or is it just that nobody has really invested in the development?

    submitted by /u/melodic_crab_1968
    [link] [comments]

    What phone should I get after Samsung Galaxy S9 that is affordable but won't dissapoint.

    Posted: 13 Jan 2021 09:14 AM PST

    So my beloved S9 broke yesterday. The screen has been cracked for a while and has finally given up and won't work. I took it to a repair shop and the dude was saying atm screen replacements are costing around 200 gbp (272 usd). A genuine samsung screen replacement is 219 gbp (298 usd) plus 59 (80 usd) for battery replacement according so the Samsung website.

    This is definitely the best phone I have ever had and would love to keep it but i'm just not sure splashing that much money just for a screen replacement when the phone is already over 2 years old is worth it. There's no chance I can afford any flagships atm so was looking at phone like the Google Pixel 4a which I can get for just over 300 gbp (408 usd) but the specs aren't any better than the s9 other than the camera and that it is newer (so will likely last longer).

    I was wondering if anyone out there has any recomendations? My main conditions are that I would preferably like a phone that still has a headphone jack (as i have and use many headphones and speakers that require a headphone jack), and isn't any bigger than the S9 as i think that is the perfect size. I'm not fussed buying a second hand phone either as long as it is still good quality with few scratches or scuffs.

    If i were to fix and keep my S9, realistically how much longer would it last before it just becomes a potato?

    Any help would be much appreciated.

    Thanks x

    submitted by /u/HadesWhiteDwarf
    [link] [comments]

    MP3 Player

    Posted: 13 Jan 2021 03:29 PM PST

    Is there a cheap basic MP3 Player that runs android so I could continue to use my podcast app, bluetooth or wired headphones

    submitted by /u/JMcf14
    [link] [comments]

    Flashing Rom to Doordash Tablet

    Posted: 13 Jan 2021 01:16 PM PST

    Bought a Samsung Tab A from eBay, need to know how to get the door dash order manager app off of it and how to use it as a regular tablet. Any help would be great.

    submitted by /u/Spiderduck579
    [link] [comments]

    Headphone Adapter not working unless I charge it.

    Posted: 13 Jan 2021 07:08 PM PST

    So I have a pair of headphones and a USB headphone to jack adapter, I'll send a link if needed, its one of those that charges and can use the headset, but whenever I plug the headphones into the jack, they don't work at all,

    unless I plug in the charger alongside it, then I can take out the charger, but if I take the headphones out then its either stuck in headphone mode or it won't be recognized again unless I repeat all these steps.

    Any solution or should I just try again with a different adapter altogether?

    Phone is a OnePlus 8 5G

    https://www.amazon.com/Headphone-Adapter-OnePlus-Verizon-Charging/dp/B089C1NV8D

    Adapter. I also notice my estimated battery drain went from 23 hours listed to 9 hours listed so I'm Hoping this thing didn't just kill my battery. I didn't have this phone for long and cannot afford to replace it If something went wronf

    submitted by /u/WandererLagomorph564
    [link] [comments]

    Old company contacts being listed in Signal and Threema

    Posted: 13 Jan 2021 02:08 AM PST

    Hi everyone

    I have an issue with my contact management. For some time I had my accounts configured to sync contacts from my work email with my android / google account.

    I thought I had cleaned up my google and android contacts. I stoped my email program from sharing with android, the contacts ap on Android only shows my personal contacts at this point and when going to my google contacts through a web browser I also see only personal contacts.

    However Signal and Threema seem to have gotten a hold of the old business contacts from somewhere.

    Can anyone tell me where I need to start looking for the source of these contacts?

    submitted by /u/Marco2G
    [link] [comments]

    Touch Screen does not respond in several apps

    Posted: 13 Jan 2021 06:40 PM PST

    I have a Samsung Galaxy a51 and very frustrated. Whenever I open my banking app or the petfinder app, the screen does not respond. I've tried restarting my phone, and that works for a few moment, but then it stops again. Let m e know if you need more info.

    submitted by /u/duetishrandom
    [link] [comments]

    Constant battery percentage popularity, Samsung S10 5G

    Posted: 13 Jan 2021 06:16 PM PST

    So my phone has a feature where when you plug your phone it, it lets you know of your current pattern percentage (a circle with a glowing rotating circle with the number% in the middle, and it dims the rest of the screen). The problem is that my phone cord is really bad and if I'm using my phone, this pops up at least every half a minute, sometimes more often if I'm moving around a little bit. I looked for something in the settings, but I wasn't able to find out where to disable this if I can. I'm pretty sure it has to be a Samsung setting as its very similar to the edge screen notifications. If anyone knows if/how to turn this off until I'm able to buy a new cord I'd appreciate it, thanks.

    submitted by /u/CaldwellVamp
    [link] [comments]

    Blocking incoming and outgoing calls with exceptions

    Posted: 13 Jan 2021 04:27 PM PST

    Hi all. This is research for a book. I have an android but I'm fairly new at it, so forgive me if this ends up having an obvious solution.

    I'm looking for a method of blocking all outgoing calls made from the device, and all outgoing calls except for one number.

    Is this at all possible? Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/HotDogManRidesAgain
    [link] [comments]

    Having some problems with changing the lock on my phone

    Posted: 13 Jan 2021 08:49 AM PST

    I installed the Havoc-OS on my xiaomi note 3 and when i try to change the lock screen it says "Screen lock was already changed. Try again with the new screen lock." and i'v tried 2 other os's and i still have the same problem i don't know what to do.

    submitted by /u/il_godli
    [link] [comments]

    Android 9 vs 10

    Posted: 13 Jan 2021 08:47 AM PST

    I need to know what are the features that make android 10 better than the android 9? If you updated your device from android 9 to android 10 what is your experience like?

    submitted by /u/Secret-Task
    [link] [comments]

    WhatsApp videos stuttering when recording/playback

    Posted: 13 Jan 2021 08:21 AM PST

    I've just bought a Moto G Pro (the stylus one) and having issues with the video... I've found that any video I've been send is really choppy/stuttering rather than smooth and also any video I record through WhatsApp is also the same? I've uninstalled WhatsApp and reinstalled it but it has stayed the same. I understand that videos get compressed through the phone, but I had no issues on my iPhone with it, and surely it wouldn't be bad enough that it's frustrating to watch videos?!

    Any advice? It's my first android since being with apple for 10 years, and I'm already regretting it if this is the case..

    submitted by /u/motogpro
    [link] [comments]

    Pixel 4A 5G vs Galaxy S20 FE: help me choose the best phone for my needs

    Posted: 13 Jan 2021 02:21 PM PST

    I'm due for an upgrade soon and I've decided to make the switch from iPhones back to Android. My last Android phone was a Galaxy S3. I will be coming from an iPhone XS Max which I use for work and entertainment.

    For work I do a lot of texting, sending/receiving images, continuity work/tasks from my Windows PC, and maps/navigation. A lot of the images I send and receive are photos and graphics usually high res medium/large files, not just cell phone pics and reaction gifs. I also transfer stuff between my phone and PC with Dropbox, and I use it in conjunction with my PC. For navigation, there are times where I will have Google Maps/other GPS apps open for several hours at a time.

    Outside of work I use my phone for standard calling/texting, video calling (Facetime), watching YouTube, and web/social media browsing. I usually watch a few hours of YouTube a day on my phone. If I'm playing video games I use my phone for all other non-game related tasks (web searching, Discord, etc).

    Battery life is not a deciding factor for me, I can usually plug my phone in without being inconvenienced. But having to plug it in less often would always be nice. A headphone jack isn't important to me, I use bluetooth headphones. Speakers are somewhat important. While I usually use my headphones, I do use my speakers occasionally when watching videos. I take a lot of pictures with my phone, and I want them to look as good as possible (I REALLY like the S20 FE triple camera set up). I also would like a smooth android experience, the Pixel appeals to me a lot because of that too. I hated Touchwiz on my S3.

    I'm also seeing the Pixel 4a 5G has a touch screen issue that hasn't been resolved yet, and possibly an issue with the top speaker. I saw the S20 FE might have touch screen issues too, but I haven't looked too much into it.

    I've already narrowed myself down to these two phones after researching a few others. Which one of these two seems like the best fit for me?

    submitted by /u/beep41
    [link] [comments]

    my pocophone f1 not turning on

    Posted: 13 Jan 2021 02:14 PM PST

    plz help me

    my pocophone f1 not turning on
    and not charging like it dead

    submitted by /u/RelativeAd6554
    [link] [comments]

    Should I upgrade my s9 in 2021?

    Posted: 13 Jan 2021 01:54 PM PST

    I have a s9 it works fine but I know it is no longer supported does that mean I should get a new device?

    submitted by /u/nemophilist22
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any possible malware or my Samsung S20?

    Posted: 13 Jan 2021 01:51 PM PST

    I have checked device admin apps, all the installed apps from the google play store, and checked the Permissions manager. My phone is completely safe from any malware correct?

    submitted by /u/PprismM
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel