• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Tuesday, January 12, 2021

    Probably a repost, but hey! As they say "Old is Gold" Windows Help

    Probably a repost, but hey! As they say "Old is Gold" Windows Help


    Probably a repost, but hey! As they say "Old is Gold"

    Posted: 12 Jan 2021 08:15 AM PST

    win10 - Wallpapers incorrectly set and start bar move each boot

    Posted: 12 Jan 2021 08:06 PM PST

    I've recently moved to dual monitor setup but Win10 is behaving funny with personalisation settings, mainly my wallpapers and start menu location.

    It almost always moves my start menu from my secondary monitor to my primary, regardless if I have it locked or not prior to shutdown. When it moves my start menu it keeps it in the position I like it on the secondary, running vertical down the LHS.
    Less commonly, approx 50ish% of the time, it will duplicate my main monitors wallpaper to the secondary.

    For what it's worth, I'm running a licenced retail copy, home edition, version 20H2. Here's an image of how I make it look after resetting wallpapers and moving the start bar:
    https://i.imgur.com/aGFbmV0.png
    LHS monitor is set as monitor 2 and in vertical. RHS is set as the main monitor (monitor 1) and in horizontal orientation.

    I recreated how it looks on most boots:
    https://i.imgur.com/25PZdK3.jpeg

    submitted by /u/Femto91
    [link] [comments]

    I accidentally downloaded the windows 10 20h2 update.

    Posted: 12 Jan 2021 08:03 PM PST

    So, me being who I am, I accidentally downloaded the windows 10 20h2 update from the "windows update and security" tab in the settings. I don't want the update at all. And it is forcing me to update if I restart my pc, but not if I just shut the pc down completely. How do I remove the completely stop the update from happening?

    submitted by /u/TheYoinkening
    [link] [comments]

    Microsoft DIDN'T Save Apple - THE TRUTH About the 1997 Macworld Deal

    Posted: 12 Jan 2021 07:52 PM PST

    Anyone know why my friends pc doesn’t have the “use a device” option on his pc when restarting in advanced boot options? His shows only the other three and for some reason he doesn’t have this nor UEFI shell. Windows 10 64 bit with a A320M-HDVR4.0 Asrock motherboard is what he’s running.

    Posted: 12 Jan 2021 07:42 PM PST

    Bluetooth earbuds audio issues. Out of sync and sound in only one ear depending on the setting.

    Posted: 12 Jan 2021 07:27 PM PST

    If I have the sound settings to Headphones (AudioTechnica stereo) I get sound from both earbuds, but it is out of sync from the video.
    When I switch the settings to Headset (AudioTechnica Hands-Free AG Audio) then I can only get sound from one earbud, but the audio is in sync on this setting.

    Any ideas on how to get sound from both and also synced with the video?

    submitted by /u/wizoztn
    [link] [comments]

    EverythingToolbar is a new open-source application that creates a Voidtools Everything toolbar to search with Everything directly from the taskbar.

    Posted: 12 Jan 2021 06:25 PM PST

    Does anyone know why most of the time (not all the time) whenever i shutdown my pc, their is this unnamed process that is preventing my pc from shutting down? Just curious.

    Posted: 12 Jan 2021 06:19 PM PST

    What can I use to run flash now that Adobe is discontinued?

    Posted: 12 Jan 2021 06:04 PM PST

    Currently studying for an exam and a study guide website that is used has flash based study tools to help you. Unfortunately, I can't run these study guides as the flash player doesn't work any longer. What can I use to run these programs now that flash isn't working through Adobe... Thanks

    submitted by /u/almre
    [link] [comments]

    Can anyone tell me what’s going on with my PC? This screen is showing up like a screensaver. Looks like the adobe flash logo? If I move the cursor it disappears, but when the system is idle it comes back - even in the lock screen?!

    Posted: 12 Jan 2021 05:18 PM PST

    Guys my virtual machine is taking more space than it is supposed to ... Can anyone explain why this is happening ?

    Posted: 12 Jan 2021 05:49 AM PST

    Check out the second cockpit pic ;)

    Posted: 12 Jan 2021 10:24 AM PST

    Program will not open help

    Posted: 12 Jan 2021 04:18 PM PST

    So I'm trying to run/open a program and my Avira Antivirus stopped it from opening because is says it's a bad file. But I know it's not bad so I'm trying to open my antivirus software to turn it off. So I can run the program. But the problem that I'm having is that my antivirus software won't open. I've tried everything opening it from the taskbar trying to open it from the start menu trying to open it from the exe file in folder trying to run it as an administrator nothing is working the program will not open. Can someone help me and tell me or explain to me why my antivirus software will not open? I clicked open x amount of times and it won't open.

    submitted by /u/RainBowSwift71532
    [link] [comments]

    Browser that works on XP and supports webassembly/webgl?

    Posted: 12 Jan 2021 03:37 PM PST

    Does anyone know a browser that works on windows XP and supports webassembly/webgl? Help much appreciated.

    submitted by /u/dive93
    [link] [comments]

    Custom sign in users?? Domain kinda thing?

    Posted: 12 Jan 2021 03:34 PM PST

    Soo... you know how at school you can sign in to your schools domain on the school computers and for your email and microsoft teams and all that? Well, is there a way to do that for like familly or something?

    Ex:

    DumbDanny/FirstnameLastname12345

    Thanks,

    Dumb Danny :D

    submitted by /u/DumbDannyisCool
    [link] [comments]

    Screen capture program that actually works for borderless windowed mode?

    Posted: 12 Jan 2021 03:29 PM PST

    Hi all, I've been unable to find a program that works for my Rome Total War borderless windowed mode so far. Share X, Lightshot, greenshot, picpick doesn't work when I play the game in the mode even if I give them the administrator's rights. Since none of the 3rd party programs I tried works I'm suspecting a structural problem here. I even changed prt hotkey to something else in the game menu.

    The only program that I found working is xbox game bar but because it lacks customizable options (keys, sizes, format, etc) I want to use a 3rd party program but none of those I tried work. What gives? One would think borderless gaming is a default feature. I think it worked on more newer games though.

    Could anyone recommend me a capture program that works regardless of the game in borderless window? To clarify I need a program that automatically captures and saves a screenshot without a prompt or needing to designate an area when I press a key.

    submitted by /u/highsis
    [link] [comments]

    How do I enable Interactive login on Windows 7,10 Server 16,19

    Posted: 12 Jan 2021 09:14 AM PST

    I need to show the number of failed login attempts when a user logs on the machine, which I understand can be done via interactive login as enabled in Group Policy:

    Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Windows Logon Options\Display information about previous logons during user logon 

    However when I enable this I get this error:

    "Security policies on this computer are set to display information about the last interactive logon. Windows could not retrieve this information. Please contact your network administrator for assistance." 

    Our domain is running on a DFL of Windows 2012, which is newer than 2008 so we should not be getting this error. Is there any other reason for this error? Or another option we need to enable?

    submitted by /u/jds1423
    [link] [comments]

    MS store not working, tried everything

    Posted: 12 Jan 2021 02:53 PM PST

    when i go to the microsoft store, i get this error 0x80004003. I found lots of vid on youtube about going to cmd and typing this : SC config wuauserv start=auto but when i do i get this error :

    The specified service does not exist as an installed service. I also updated my windows but the pc became so slow i had to go back to my old windows 10 version (17134.1130 OS build). I rly need an app thats only on the windows store. If anyone knows a way to help me use the windows store, i would greatly appreciate. Here are my specs :

    Operating System

    Windows 10 Famille 64-bit 

    CPU

    Intel Core i5 8400 @ 2.80GHz 45 °C Coffee Lake 14nm Technology 

    RAM

    8.00GB Dual-Channel Unknown (19-19-19-43) 

    Motherboard

    ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. GL12CP (U3E1) 28 °C 

    Graphics

    S24C300 (1920x1080@60Hz) 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 (ASUStek Computer Inc) 30 °C 

    Storage

    119GB SanDisk SD9SN8W128G1002 (SATA (SSD)) 32 °C 931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-22MFCA0 (SATA ) 31 °C 

    Optical Drives

    HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GUE1N 

    Audio

    NVIDIA High Definition Audio 
    submitted by /u/testilande
    [link] [comments]

    When I press the on/off button of my laptop (Windows 10) the laptop wont go into sleep mode

    Posted: 12 Jan 2021 02:43 PM PST

    I never had this problem, untill I did a Windows Update a few days ago. Now every time I want to put my laptop into sleep mode the screen becomes black , but as soon as I press a key/move my mouse it´s on again. Why is that so? Is that a setting they changed with the update? What can I do
    Thx for answering

    submitted by /u/Trade_Agreement
    [link] [comments]

    Windows 7 problem with startup.

    Posted: 12 Jan 2021 01:53 PM PST

    Today I have been experiencing an issue I cannot resolve.

    What happens is when I turn my computer and I get an option to start windows 7 normally or do a startup repair (recommended)

    Doing a startup normally just takes me back to the same two options again.

    If I do startup repair I get into the next screen but the box that is suppose to open to allow me to begin the process opens for a split second and closes.

    I am completely stuck in trying to get my pc to work as it should.

    submitted by /u/NewcastleMatt92
    [link] [comments]

    Local admin on multiple pcs on our home network at the same time

    Posted: 12 Jan 2021 01:41 PM PST

    So I seem to find all sorts of conflicting info on this and I thought I'd ask:

    I have my main PC in my office, my wifes pc in our bedroom, and 2 of our kids have pcs in their rooms. I want to be admin on all pcs at the same time without needing to log into each one separately. Is there some sort of admin dashboard or something that can help me achieve this? I want to be able to perform actions on my sons computers primarily without needing to do it at their desks. Is this possible with Windows 10? Thanks and sorry if it's been answered but I'm fairly new to admin stuff so I'd love to learn more.

    submitted by /u/pcweber111
    [link] [comments]

    Recovery folder is empty but still takes up 15 gb

    Posted: 12 Jan 2021 01:34 PM PST

    Sorry if support questions are not allowed my laptop is on it's last legs.

    18363.1256

    WINDOWS 10, HP LAPTOP, SSD, IDK THE GRPAHICS CARD (sorry it deleted my title cause it was having trouble loading and I just wrote one fast)

    Short version as title says, long version:

    I believe my fan is what's causing the funny noises and is slowing my laptop down. Was told to open up the case and clean out the fan. I am in the process of backing up my files and it's giving me anxiety cause i dont want to lose them and this just threw me off. it's an HP idk what model or graphics card but i was told cheap SSDs are usually not good and HP is a printer company so also not a good brand. Any help is welcome, even if you wanna yell at me to always back up files!

    submitted by /u/AdeptBerry
    [link] [comments]

    Odd Windows Startup Issue

    Posted: 12 Jan 2021 09:27 AM PST

    Hello. I have been suffering from a really odd Windows issue that I was unable to find out the cause of.

    When Windows (Windows 10 19h2, 20h1 and 20h2 Home) boots, it reaches the desktop and everything works except the taskbar (all of it, from start button to notification) and the start menu. The desktop and shortcuts there are responsive. When I click the start button or anything on the taskbar, the entire screen blacks for a fraction of a second and loads back to how it was (frozen). If I leave it alone for ~5 minutes, the taskbar finishes loading up and becomes responsive.

    I even reformatted the PC (20h2) and the same issue popped up after the installation process was complete. One last thing I tried was download Autoruns and disable all startup applications and even that did nothing to prevent the issue from rearing its head.

    Any input would be highly appreciated. Keep in mind this issue appeared suddenly after 1 year I built the PC and upgrading Windows did nothing to resolve this issue.

    Specs:

    Ryzen 3600 / Asus TUF B450M / 1TB NVME SSD / 32 GB DDR 4 3200 (Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB) / GTX 1080

    submitted by /u/aLDoom
    [link] [comments]

    I can’t open network settings and the little icon has disappeared. When I try to enable the icon again, the on/off bar turns grey and I can’t interact with it. Can’t even connect to the internet. Please help me!

    Posted: 12 Jan 2021 01:02 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel