• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Thursday, January 14, 2021

    Our previous attempt got two Simple Gallery copycat taken off from playstore, let's get some more. Thank you! Android Apps

    Our previous attempt got two Simple Gallery copycat taken off from playstore, let's get some more. Thank you! Android Apps


    Our previous attempt got two Simple Gallery copycat taken off from playstore, let's get some more. Thank you!

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 01:53 AM PST

    Link to original To those of you who don't know, simple gallery is free and open source, privacy friendly app.

    Let's report these as well: (these are ad-injected version of original simple gallery with literally nothing else changed at all)

    Another totally different FOSS project ripped off Axet recorder (foss original) -> Stolen and ad injected rip-off

    Here is how to report it. Go the apps page in app store. You can see 3 dot menu on top right. You have an option to flag as inappropriate. Report it as copy cat.

    I am sorry for posting this again, but these apps are still up from the last post only two got taken down. We have to discourage these since they don't contribute back to open source projects or even give proper credits. If I should posting these, please let me know. Thanks.

    Maybe we should have a mega thread to report copycats?!

    submitted by /u/Unique__4567
    [link] [comments]

    Reminder with long vibration

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 04:19 AM PST

    Hi everyone.

    As I am currently serving in the army, I am in need of an app that can remind me of tasks while the phone is mute, with long and continuous vibration. Many of the apps that I have tried so far offer no vibration option or if they do it is just a second that it lasts.

    Any help would be appreciated 🙂

    submitted by /u/prakteon
    [link] [comments]

    Try aio launcher. Its my new favorite after 5 years of nova. I tried about 10 launchers and like aio the most.

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 12:34 PM PST

    Aio is a very functional launcher, looks different. In a weird way it feels minimal (in a good way, its more functional than other launchers that can look more cluttered) to me because it uses text instead of icons and this is where aio shines. you can obviously use icons if you want to (for example on nova i ran with icons without text, in aio i like text without icons), but i like aio with text only better.

    It has some very neat built in widgets, for example i use the timer widget and clock+weather which also launches alarm app and displays next alarm. There are also widgets for calendar (the widget is okay but i prefer business calendar 2), frequent apps etc. Among other things i like the gesture support.

    Dev is friendly and has answered all my emails very quickly.

    After about 5 years on nova i wanted something different. I tried about 10 currently popular launchers that offered features which i might like, including smart 5, hyperion, action, niagara. To me aio was a clear winner. Its also priced very well. In my eyes its too cheap for how good it is.

    Im really hoping more launchers like this pop up and that the dev of aio does well.

    playstore link

    If you want to see most launchers i tested you can find the link where users of this sub suggested good launchers. There are some really neat launchers in those comments. link

    Shoutout to 4 other launchers that i also liked: Niagara launcher - minimal, fun to use, focuses more on looks and will hinder ease of use. Has some serious limitations in terms of how you can use widgets. But looks VERY good. Its also very expencive, id say overpriced hard.

    Smart launcher 5 - functional, similar to nova with some new ideas.

    Hyperion launcher - functional, seemed like a slightly modern and better version of nova. Very well priced.

    Action launcher - functional, i liked the previous launchers more but its one of the best launchers on the market still which might appeal to many users.

    submitted by /u/qUxUp
    [link] [comments]

    Alternative app for ultimate guitar tabs?

    Posted: 13 Jan 2021 03:41 PM PST

    The official app is quite terrible. Anyone know if there is an alternative client app for UG?

    submitted by /u/skarfie123
    [link] [comments]

    Is there an app for watching IPTV with subtitles? US channels if possible.

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 12:05 PM PST

    Vlogging app wanted

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 12:01 PM PST

    I want to do a very low effort vlog - basically it's a video diary that I'll share with a couple of others. The tumblr app nearly does what I want. Record video within the app and post it. Only issue is that tumblr restricts videos to 30 seconds. Is there an app that fits the bill? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/aa2270
    [link] [comments]

    Coloring App with import

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 11:42 AM PST

    Hey there!

    I am trying to find an app for coloring that also will let me import or open png or jpg files and color those too. I'd only be working with images that were black and white to add color to. I have collected a large amount of png and jpg files and would love to be able to color them in on my tablet. Thanks!!

    submitted by /u/revmwv
    [link] [comments]

    best 'launcher' apps to try and see if they make android bettter

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 11:28 AM PST

    what is best 'launcher' app thing to try and see if it actually makes android 10 better?

    want it to show apps by how often it's used in a list

    shows apps in text, not icons

    thx much

    if does other things in amazing way, good too

    submitted by /u/doingbasiclifeprep
    [link] [comments]

    An app to know the charging VOLTAGE in android

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 10:57 AM PST

    Even though Qualcomm quick charge 2, 3 and USB-C power delivery standards are everywhere, the information available on android in real-time is still limited.

    For the record, one can easily install applications such as Accubattery, and Ampere to get the charging current. However, there seems to be no information about the charging voltage anywhere. Is it charging at 5, 9 or 12 volts?

    My request is that some wizard from this sub please guide me to an app that can show me the VOLTAGE at which my android is charging.

    submitted by /u/Makarov_NoRussian
    [link] [comments]

    Android torrent app that automatically makes folder for downloaded file

    Posted: 13 Jan 2021 10:49 PM PST

    Example "Book about unicorns.mp3" and I would like an app that can automatically make folder for it with name "Book about unicorns" and places the mp3 into that folder thanks for help.

    submitted by /u/Ialwaysdeletemyacc
    [link] [comments]

    Phone call recording app?

    Posted: 13 Jan 2021 07:43 PM PST

    Hey, I'm looking for an app to put on an A10 to record all phone calls. I tried "automatic call recorder" but it only recorded my voice, not the other persons. I'm in one way consent state, so the legality shouldn't effect it. (Please correct me if I'm wrong, I'm very new to this.) Thank you in advance!

    submitted by /u/FrequentMeringue6
    [link] [comments]

    Is it reliable to use Spotify on 2 phones?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 10:10 AM PST

    A friend of mine gifted me an old Samsung phone. I don't plan on having a SIM on it, but I did set up my Google account on it with the intention of using it as a music player and some other stuff.

    I do have Spotify Premium, but I don't really know how the app works on 2 phones. I don't think it's the same as Phone - PC.

    I'm asking because I've googled and found some answers that it's a bit of a pain because it logs you out when using online mode. And some even mention that it's technically prohibited because of the ToS and stuff. I mean, I am not going to share my account with anyone since both phones are mine, but I don't think there's a way to prove that to Spotify.

    So, is it reliable to set it up, or should I stick to offline music players? Or should I just delete the app on my current phone and keep it on the gifted one? (Which is something I don't want to do).

    TIA

    submitted by /u/Faustty
    [link] [comments]

    Tasker 5.11.13 now publicly availble: Call Screening, Multiple Input Dialog Types, Easy Imports, Project/Profile/Task variables and more!

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 10:01 AM PST

    Viewing Multiple Email Accounts Separately in Google Mail on an Android Phone

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 09:29 AM PST

    I don't know who needs to know this but it took me too long to find, so;

    If you've added a supplemental email account to your Gmail client App on Android, it defaults to an "All Inboxes" view, which is very confusing when you are trying to work out which email comes from which Account (home and work, for example) - everything is dumped together, listed primarily in date/time order.

    To view different mailboxes individually, it is not in the GMail Settings menu way down on the bottom left - you have to manually click the Account Picture icon on the top right, then swap to a different Email Account in there, which only then allows you to view individual mailboxes, separately.

    It's a horrible, horrible UI design flaw but I hope this helps someone/anyone in future.

    submitted by /u/Adam_Gill_1965
    [link] [comments]

    I would love some "hourly time tracking app" suggestions

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 01:52 AM PST

    I'm aware of apps like toggl, savemytime, todu etc

    but those aren't exactly what I'm looking for,

    what I want is an app that has an alarm every hour of the day until i go sleep,

    and when the alarm goes off, I want to check what I did during that hour.

    instead of writing anything down manually all I want is a series of buttons that are labeled eating, cooking, shower, researching, studying etc and I can just click the ones that are relevant to what I did that hour.

    quick and easy.

    and this repeats the next hour, no manual hour tracking no complexity.

    are there an app like this out there?

    submitted by /u/Davidfosford
    [link] [comments]

    Difference Fdroid/Play Store

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 09:15 AM PST

    What is the difference between downloading an app from Fdroid and from the play store? Sometimes there are apps that have different versions between the two stores, why? Which store is best to download from? Thanks

    submitted by /u/g3sup1st0ne
    [link] [comments]

    Travel Alarm

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 09:10 AM PST

    Hey guys, Do we have any app to alarm when Destination arrived based on the location while traveling or something?

    submitted by /u/tmanipra
    [link] [comments]

    Help needed with PhonePe (UPI) app, turning off the notification sound.

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 04:59 AM PST

    I want to turn of the sound effect (ding ding) after a successful payment (After you get a the big green tick mark). I've searched but couldn't even find the "Settings" section of the app. Only things I found are profile pic, change PIN etc. Anybody know how to turn that sound effect off?

    submitted by /u/vignesh_vin_7901
    [link] [comments]

    A WAV file app that can automatically process a list of files one at a time to increase the % of loudness and change EQ level without having to manually change each file one at a time?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 04:53 AM PST

    Basically, just what I'm asking in the title. The only thing the open source application Audacity doesn't do - or at least I couldn't find a way to do it - have the app edit each file, one by one, unattended until the entire list of WAV files have been edited per my chosen loudness level and EQ level.

    submitted by /u/Imagoodgirlsumtimz
    [link] [comments]

    Notification delay app?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 08:33 AM PST

    I've been looking for an app that would allow me to stop notifications from certain apps and then bulk deliver them at certain times. For example, I've got a work email that I don't want to receive notifications from when I'm not at work. Anyone know how to do this?

    submitted by /u/Meta_Brook
    [link] [comments]

    Hi! Is there an app that actually works where I can set a bedtime?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 04:26 AM PST

    I've been using this awful, awful app my ISP offers, but it's (a) hopelessly buggy, (b) they do not care that the third party app they provide does not work and I am sick and tired of badgering and belittling the "innocent" ISP customer service people who clearly and obviously cannot fix this either.

    Can you help me? I'd like a bedtimey app where I can say for example that I don't want to be able to use any apps from 23:00 - 7:00, this would help me a lot.

    Without too much fuss, easy to use would be nice.

    I don't mind paying a little for it.

    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/Infinite_Moment_
    [link] [comments]

    Favorite Android apps (as a mom of 2 kids)

    Posted: 13 Jan 2021 03:59 PM PST

    I'm a mom of two elementary school kids (5 and 7), and I wanted to share my list of the best Android apps that make my life and my kids' lives better! I love researching and finding new and better apps, so please share yours too!

    After years of being an Android fan (Samsung and now Pixel phones), here are our current favorites:

    • 23Snaps: Been using this service since the birth of my firstborn as a way to share photos, videos, and memories with family and friends like a kid-centric Facebook. Their latest total rehaul has made it amazing to use!

    • Accubattery: Best app to track battery usage. Helped me diagnose issues with past phones draining prematurely.

    • Adguard: Recently purchased lifetime licenses and I love having little to no ads on apps and websites. Works really well!

    • AirVisual: California fires this year racheted up to a crazy level. Previous years, I'd have to manually check purpleair's website, but this app automatically updates me on air quality. Of course, I still have to manually check the website for live information. I also like the ability to set alerts for when air gets much better or worse.

    • Amazon: Who doesn't use Amazon all the time?

    • Audible: Great source of audiobooks for me and the kids. The kids have been obsessed with Story Party lately.

    • Baby Connect: Best baby tracker hands down for when my kids were babies. I keep it around to record height and weight to keep a record from birth to present.

    • Boost for Reddit: Best reddit client I've tried. Only niggle is there's some weird cache issue, where sometimes text and videos don't load unless you refresh it a bunch of times.

    • Calengoo: Longtime user of this amazing calendar app that taps into my Google Calendar. Infinitely customizable! I hook it into my own personal diary calendar, individual calendars for the kids, and a shared calendar with my husband.

    • Chuchel: Adorable and hilarious puzzle game the kids love.

    • Codespark: Subscription based coding game that my kids are obsessed with. Educational and fun.

    • Downdog: Randomized, customizable exercise apps including Yoga, HIIT, Barre, meditation, etc. HIIT has become my favorite form of exercise and the application's randomization keeps it fresh.

    • Dragonbox games: Amazingly innovative and fun math games. Wish I had these as a kid!

    • Endless Alphabet and Endless Reader: Phenomenal phonics and reading apps. Worth the extra cost, and my kids learned a ton with these apps.

    • Epic: Netflix for children's books, read to me's, comics, audiobooks, etc. We don't have to buy many physical books anymore, and just buy our absolute favorites.

    • Feedly Classic: Tried other rss readers, and this one is still my favorite. I was a huge fan of Google Reader (RIP), and this one is the closest.

    • GBoard: I used Swiftkey until recently. Its autocorrect suddenly was horrid, and GBoard is the next best thing. So far, GBoard is great, but I miss being able to delete whole words when I hold down backspace.

    • Gmail: Indispensable tool for communication. I was an early adopter, and it's evolved into an amazing app.

    • Google Camera: So many improvements over the years, and my pixel 5 takes amazing photos with little effort. The updated video stabilization is awesome too.

    • Google Drive: Repository for my digital files in one location. Convenient and easy.

    • Google Home: We have lots of smart devices, and this app makes it easy to control them. I love the new feature of the family bell, which has been a lifesaver for remote learning.

    • Google Keep: The place where I jot down lists and ideas for quick access. Hope Google doesn't retire this one.

    • Google Maps: Remember when we had to print out MapQuest maps or use a Garmin gps unit? Google Maps has changed my life, especially since I have a horrible sense of direction. Awesome for tagging places to visit as well.

    • Google News: All in one place to get news customized to my interests.

    • Google Opinion Rewards: Easy way to earn some extra Google credit and I've consistently gotten a decent stream of questions.

    • Google Photos: With kids, I have tons of photos and this app helps me organize it all. I connect it with my husband, and any photos he takes of the family funnel into my library. I also use it to save art and school work by taking photos to preserve digital copies and tossing what we won't keep forever.

    • Highlights Monster Day: Kids really enjoyed this app when they were younger.

    • Incredibox: Great music game that mixes beatboxing into unique songs. The visuals are amazing too.

    • Just Watch: Best app for looking up TV and movies to see where to stream or purchase them. I check the "New" section to see all the new movies and TV added to my streaming services.

    • LastPass: I use the free version and it's enough for my needs. Great to not have to memorize each password and be able to set randomly generated passwords.

    • Mint: I used to manually enter receipts into a finance tracking app, and Mint does that automatically for me with a nice interface.

    • MySleepButton: Great for calming my mind if it's racing while I'm trying to sleep. It says random words for you to visualize. They distract you enough from your thoughts, but are not so distracting that you can't sleep.

    • Nevasic: Invaluable when I had severe morning sickness. It uses sound waves to neutralize nausea. Helped me to get off Zofran and actually eat and drink.

    • Paprika 3: Best recipe app out there. Powerful tool to capture recipes on the web and you can search and organize the recipes easily. It also has grocery list and meal planning functions.

    • Plume: I use this to turn tweets into something like an rss feed, so I can keep up with new tweets.

    • Pocket Cast: Awesome podcast app with lots of customization and tools.

    • Pulse: Excellent alternative text messaging app, that even works through the web.

    • PulsePoint: Great way to find out any emergencies nearby involving the fire department.

    • Reading Eggs: It's an awesome program for teaching kids to read, and kids learned a lot. The math program is great too.

    • Rooster Money: Excellent app for allowance and kids money management. It's like a bank where my older child "spends" money from it and "saves" money.

    • Safe Vision: New discovery after the kids are starting to wander on YouTube. It lets the parent control the channels, playlists, and videos a child can watch. It also sets time limits and has no ads. The free version only allows 1 child and 5 channels, so we paid the reasonable $30/year for the premium subscription.

    • Sago Mini World: Worthwhile subscription for preschool kids with tons of open play games.

    • Scribblenauts Unlimited: Great open ended puzzle game that encourages imagination and hones typing skills.

    • Shop: Shopify's package tracker, which works really well. I used to use Slice, but it died.

    • Slickdeals: Excellent app to discover deals, and I use the alerts to notify me of particular items I want. Saved a lot of money, and probably bought some unnecessary stuff too because the deals were too good.

    • Spotify: Unlimited music? Count me in. Awesome selection of kids music too, and our google home devices let the kids choose their own music to play.

    • Starfall: Great early education app with reading and math presented in fun ways.

    • Streaming Video Apps: Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, etc. are all invaluable with us being home more.

    • Survey Monkey Rewards: Easy to earn money with short surveys.

    • Target: One of the best shopping apps out there with great integration in store. It's a pleasure to use.

    • Teach Your Monster To Read: Awesome app for phonics.

    • TickTick: I was a die-hard Toodledo user, but then found TickTick and love it even more. I live and die by my to do list, and the level of customization is amazing.

    • Touch Retouch: Dead easy app for taking out unwanted elements in photos.

    • weawow: Newest discovery, and I love that this weather app so customizable for being free with no ads. I never thought of having a weather widget in my notification bar, but it works!

    • YouTube: As a busy mom, it's easier to watch short YouTube videos here and there when there are little breaks. I splurged for premium, as the ads were getting to be too much. Some really amazing content on YouTube these days!

    submitted by /u/joyousjoyness
    [link] [comments]

    Assignment Tracker App with collaboration

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 02:55 AM PST

    So being a student,I'm looking for an app to track assignments, more specifically looking for a collaborative feature, so me and my class can use the same app and update assignments, so that all classmates can view it too.

    submitted by /u/theDownrightUnderdog
    [link] [comments]

    help running BTD4 on android 9

    Posted: 13 Jan 2021 10:58 PM PST

    Weather app

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 02:37 AM PST

    Hi, I'm looking for a weather app, light and maybe with widgets. Open source would be better but it's not essential. Thanks

    submitted by /u/g3sup1st0ne
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel