• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Saturday, January 9, 2021

    Laptops Can you tell I like purple?

    Laptops Can you tell I like purple?


    Can you tell I like purple?

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 08:36 AM PST

    Laptop all of a sudden making random beeping sound? How do I get it to stop

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 09:17 PM PST

    laptop wifi fast when unplugged, the instantly slows when plugged in and ping increases

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 05:42 AM PST

    have no clue why it does this. i have checked power management settings for Wi-Fi and network which are all on maximum performance. my laptop is new and high spec (i7, nvidia rtx 2060) and everything is up to date. i even re installed the drivers for wifi. does anyone know a possible fix to this issue?

    submitted by /u/MatthewG371
    [link] [comments]

    From Bad to Ugly to Excellent (XPS 9310 is much refined than the XPS 9300)

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 10:28 AM PST

    TLDR: XPS 9310 is a much refined version of the XPS 9300 and one which seems to not have the QC issues that the 9300 was plagued with. It's a solid excellent machine.

    Okay so I would like to share my journey from last year (2020) when I originally purchased the Dell XPS 9300 (i5 1035G1, 8GB, 512 GB SSD, FHD+ Non Touch Display, Silver-Black color) in the month of July from a youtuber friend who was happy to sell it to me for ~ $1090 after his unboxing video went live. In India, which is where I'm from the same model costs ~$1900 at amazon India as well as at Dell. Anyway, upon receiving and using the laptop I was blown away by its sleek design and the aesthetics and the built quality felt fantastic. However, upon using the laptop for a month one fine day I noticed how the display on my unit had a much warner tone to it. The whites appeared much reddish like the laptop was on night light filter but it wasn't. So I called up Dell Technical Support and I pushed them for a replacement to which they agreed but it took me a week to get them convinced. Also, the hinge on my unit felt a bit stiff and opening it by one hand was tricky. Another problem that I noticed was that the lid of the laptop would pop open a little when held in a carrying position with the front lip facing upwards. These are the only issues I faced with the above laptop.

    1st replacement

    Dell gave me a Brand New XPS 9300 i7 1065G7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD, 4k Touch Display, Frost White Color.

    I straight away did not like the Frost White color. Also, the finish on the metal body of white color is a bit matte and it picks up scratches/marks/dings much easier than the silver model.

    Anyway, the laptop was a nightmare to use. It heated much more than my previous model and the fan noise was quite a lot and fans came up at the slightest of tasks. The other issue was with the trackpad which was physically misaligned and the cursor used to freeze every now and then. In short, this was the most problematic modern electronic device that I had used in recent times. I again called up Dell and asked for a replacement which they were kind enough to provide.

    2nd replacement

    Dell sent me a brand new XPS 9310 i5 1135G7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD, FHD+ non touch matte and in silver-carbon fiber color

    Excellent laptop. Much faster in everyday use and fans barely come up and when they do (under stress) it's very low, probably the lowest fan noise I've heard of any laptop that I've come across. Importantly, there is not a single issue that I have encountered with this XPS 9310. It feels much more polished to the touch than the 9300 and even the speakers feels better on this new unit,

    I am of the opinion from my experience that Dell has really refined the XPS 9310 over the XPS 9300 and it feels much more polished and the QC issue seems to have been fixed for the XPS line.

    I really wanted to share my experience because using my new XPS 9310 makes me feel very happy now after all the troubles in the past.

    Feel free to ask questions, I'll be glad to answer.

    submitted by /u/excusemyusername
    [link] [comments]

    Prowise tablet pt301

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 01:37 PM PST

    Hello there, hope you all doing fine, I have brought a prowise tablet pt301 but its seems that screen not working but random click on it self ... One of my friends told me that I have to install the right driver ... But it been 3 hours online looking but didn't find anything ... Any help ?

    submitted by /u/imadeddinejbari
    [link] [comments]

    would you suggest this laptop? (More info in comments!)

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 01:27 PM PST

    2nd monitor for laptop

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 12:49 PM PST

    So my wife needs a 2nd monitor for laptop and wants the "tablet" looking one, that can do both landscape and portrait mode. I am seeing alot of brands on amazon i have never heard of. Lepow, Corprit, etc... any suggestions on what to purchase? brands to steer clear of, etc.. thanks

    submitted by /u/benjamin-benjami
    [link] [comments]

    Brightness in the Matebook d15

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 12:44 PM PST

    Hi,

    I recently bought Huawei Matebook d15 he's good but the level of brightness is uncomfortable for the eyes it's not the brightness we can take control of but the brightness in general or the contrast I don't know how to approche that but it's not the same like the other laptops.

    Is there anyone who have the same problem and how can I fix it ?

    I bought it 2 days ago and I'm beginning to regret it.

    submitted by /u/jihana13
    [link] [comments]

    Acer Nitro 5 2020 Ryzen 4600h GTX1650 or Hp Omen 15 Ryzen 4600h GTX1650

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 12:44 PM PST

    I'm confused between these two laptops. Some people claims that nitro 5 has screen bleeding issue. Kindly suggest me what should i do?

    submitted by /u/huhdod
    [link] [comments]

    Acer laptop wont turn on after ram and ssd upgrade

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 12:39 PM PST

    The laptop is acer aspire e15 es1-571-p73c. I swapped the old hdd with cruical bx500 ssd and added another 4gb stick. When i turn it on the fan starts spinning but the screen is black no acer logo+ tried to get into the bios but didnt worked. So i tried removing the new parts but it still wouldnt turn on.

    thx for help

    submitted by /u/lukall5
    [link] [comments]

    Should I buy an acer nitro 5 or an acer aspire 5?

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 12:25 PM PST

    For mostly gaming/recording, editing and basic programming Or is there a better laptop in this price range

    submitted by /u/DemonSlay6669
    [link] [comments]

    Asus ROG Zephyrus G14: Should I get it with GTX 1650 Ti or GTX 1660 Ti Max-Q? (Also open to other suggestions for a light gaming laptop)

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 08:23 AM PST

    Summary of the issue: I need a light laptop for writing, watching Youtube videos in bed, and doing light to moderate gaming. I've narrowed it down to the ROG Zephyrus G14 and maybe the Dell XPS 15, but am open to other options.

    Mainly, I'm trying to choose between these two options right now:

    Option #1: ROG Zephyrus G14 GA401I-IHE051T Option #2: ROG Zephyrus G14 GA401I-UHE099T
    AMD Ryzen 7-4800HS AMD Ryzen 7-4800HS
    GTX 1650 Ti GTX 1660 Ti Max-Q
    8GB DDR4 / 512GB SSD (I'm planning to add another 8GB after I buy it as I assume that should be possible) 8GB + 8GB DDR4 / 512GB SSD
    14'' FHD 120 Hz 14'' FHD 120 Hz
    No AniMe Matrix With AniMe Matrix
    RM 4,999 (plus whatever it will cost to add the additional 8 GB RAM) RM 6,199

    I think I should also be able to find the one with RTX 2060 and AMD Ryzen 9 4900HS but I'm concerned about such powerful hardware overheating the laptop and also being total overkill for my needs.

    My reasoning for choosing Option #1:

    1. It's RM1,000 cheaper (not counting whatever it will cost to add the additional 8GB RAM)
    2. I believe GTX 1650 Ti will be sufficient for the games that I will actually play - the performance boost will probably not be noticeable to me
    3. I believe that taking out the AniMe Matrix will make the laptop slightly lighter, which to me is more important than having the AniMe Matrix, though I don't feel strongly about it either way
    4. I believe that having a weaker graphics card will help make it run a bit cooler?

    My reasoning for choosing Option #2:

    1. Better performance for more games down the road maybe?? More future-proof and increased longevity, and so it's a better investment?
    2. Maybe the additional RM1,000 is worth the improvement in graphics???? For reference, that's the price of half of a PS5

    So far I'm leaning towards getting Option #1, but I wanted to check to make sure that my reasoning is correct and also to make sure I'm not missing out on considering any other good options for my needs. Let me know if the RTX 2060 + Ryzen 4900HS is something I should consider given the games I need to run, as outlined below!

    Another possibility I'm considering is the Dell XPS 15 (9500) with i7-10750H, GTX 1650 Ti, 16GB RAM, and 1TB SSD, but holy hell that is so expensive at RM 9,999 so I'm really not sure if it would be worth it even though the display looks really beautiful to me. Maybe I could go for something less expensive like the Dell XPS 15 (7590) which has i7-9750H, 8GB + 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD, and GTX 1650 for RM6,999.

    I'm filling out the form now so please let me know any other suggestions I should look into!

    Total budget (in local currency) and country of purchase.

    RM 3,000-RM 10,000, ideally the cheaper the better

    Are you open to refurbs/used?

    Would prefer a new one.

    How would you prioritize form factor (ultrabook, 2-in-1, etc.), build quality, performance, and battery life?

    Form factor > build quality > battery life > performance

    How important is weight and thinness to you?

    Very important. I will be spending a lot of time in bed with this laptop, propping it up on my ribcage and against my thighs, so I need something that won't crush me. For the same reason, I need something that won't burn my skin when I have Youtube or a bunch of Chrome tabs open. Battery life also needs to be decent because I don't want to have to plug in this laptop while I'm in bed.

    Do you have a preferred screen size? If indifferent, put N/A.

    Don't particularly mind, but as big and bright/vibrant as possible while still being light. I really don't want a desaturated screen. I also much prefer matte screens and don't want any glossy or touch screens.

    Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run.

    I'll probably spend most of my time on this laptop gaming, watching Youtube videos, and browsing/writing. I may do some video/photo editing occasionally. I do hope to download a bunch of podcasts so I can cut them up to make a voice pack mod for XCOM 2 soon, which means that I'll need to make some promo videos/images for that as well.

    If you're gaming, do you have certain games you want to play? At what settings and FPS do you want?

    If we're going to be realistic, I will probably spend yet another thousand hours on this laptop replaying XCOM 2: WOTC and/or XCOM: Chimera Squad. I will also spend a lot of time grinding in the PC client for Identity V, which is real-time multiplayer, but it's a mobile game so I should hope that it wouldn't be a problem to run on most laptops.

    Generally, I tend to play older, turn-based, and indie games. I have zero interest in mainstream titles like Cyberpunk, RDR2, Fortnite, LoL, Overwatch, CS:GO, Battlefield etc.

    I do want to run games like The Sims 4, RPGs, or narrative-focused games like Life is Strange 2, Dreamfall: Chapters, or maybe Mass Effect when the remaster comes out. But I'm also planning to acquire a PS5 at some point so I'm sure that most mainstream games that require more powerful hardware I can just get there.

    The heaviest game I probably will ever want to play is Nier Automata. Only finished one playthrough and need to go back for more.

    Settings-wise, I don't think I need super high FPS but I do want the games to look good and for the characters/environments to look pretty with good detail, while still being able to play smoothly without lag. Especially with something like Nier Automata where the selling point is how good it looks. Like, on high settings maybe?

    Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)?

    I will be spending a lot of time on this device watching Youtube in bed, so I need something that will be silent and cool when I'm just watching videos, doing research with a bunch of Chrome tabs open, or writing in Google Docs. I will usually be using earbuds so a little steady noise should be acceptable.

    When I game I will be at my desk and probably use a cooling pad with it so I don't mind more heat and/or loud fan noise then.

    Leave any finishing thoughts here that you may feel are necessary and beneficial to the discussion.

    Not sure if XCOM 3 is going to be a thing, but I hope that this laptop will be able to play it when it comes out. I hope that I will be able to use this for a long time to come.

    And in case it's relevant, I have a tiny desk where I barely have enough space to fit in a laptop and a mouse, so keep that in mind if you want to recommend other laptops!

    submitted by /u/bruisedbananapie
    [link] [comments]

    I know nothing about laptops, is this a good deal should I buy it?

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 11:47 AM PST

    Whats a good laptop preferably under $500

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 01:34 AM PST

    I realy just want a good laptop for stuf you know for some school work a litle video editing ang a lot of gaming. Any sugestions

    submitted by /u/Totaly_Not_Leo
    [link] [comments]

    Best Convertible Laptop for School and Gaming?

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 11:15 AM PST

    I'm currently an Apple user but I've recently been pressured by different forces to start saving up for a proper PC. Or at least a device that could run what I'm looking for. I'm looking into a 2-in-1 that I could use for notetaking, art and gaming. (Not a heavy gamer, but I play Guild Wars 2 and wanting to play Valorant). I know it's a bit demanding but I'd really prefer just one device for these things if it's possible.

    Budget's around $1000 and I was considering a Dell XPS 13 2-in-1 or the Microsoft Book 2.

    Which one should I aim for or if there's something better in the market I missed? (in that price range)

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Far-Tooth4409
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else angry at laptop manufacturers for recycling the same name in misleading ways?

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 10:25 AM PST

    Today I was meeting someone on Facebook marketplace to buy a laptop. Asus Rog Zephyrus G15 was the model. Now this exact laptop was made in 2019 with a Ryzen 7 3750h and again in 2020 with the Ryzen 7 4800hs. The model number G502I for the 2020 model, the 2019 model number is G502G.

    It's aggravating and annoying when manufacturers don't even attempt to differentiate model numbers. I get it somewhat if it's the same years model with different specs, but overall this needs addressed.

    When someone sells a laptop, quite often they (obviously) wipe their data so Windows isn't even setup so you can't check the specs in Windows when buying used.

    How hard is it to give us a sticker that says Ryzen 4800hs and a sticker that says GTX 1660ti instead of the generic Ryzen 7 and GTX stickers that don't tell me anything about what is actually inside.

    submitted by /u/reddinator01
    [link] [comments]

    New laptop keyboard keys are swapped

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 10:24 AM PST

    Hey ladies and gentlemen,

    I bought a new keyboard for my laptop and after installationt, 4 keys are swapped: w = 3, e = space, and vice versa. When I have time, I will re-install it to make sure that it's not because of the some sloppy cables. My question is, could there be a different reason?

    Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/RandomDudelsack
    [link] [comments]

    Dell G5 Ryzen 7 4800H RX 5600M vs Lenovo Legion 5 Ryzen 7 4800H GTX 2060?

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 10:23 AM PST

    Besides the poor thermals anything else wrong with the dell? I can get it for almost $300 less than the legion.

    submitted by /u/donnie1977
    [link] [comments]

    WTK: How to get the power plan slider (IMPOSSIBLE?)

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 10:18 AM PST

    Comp Sci Laptop Reccommendations

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 10:17 AM PST

    As the title says, I need a laptop that will last me through those 4 years of comp sci. Any fellow majors have any recommendations for me?

    submitted by /u/Its_Hoang
    [link] [comments]

    Please help :/

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 10:07 AM PST

    Ive got myself acer aspire 5 a515-54G a little over a year ago, I like to play planet zoo and my bf plays commando's 2 sometimes. But suddenly a few days ago the lag spikes appeared again. This happens to me like every few months. And i need to reset my whole laptop to fix it. But am too tired to keep on resetting it :/ does anyone have a resolution? Its really annoying and my games don't run anymore like it did before.

    submitted by /u/FakeLouisa
    [link] [comments]

    Remove Laptop Sticker Goo?

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 10:03 AM PST

    I got a new HP laptop and it had several stickers below the keyboard which I removed and two of them left some goo. What is the best way to remove this? Several years ago I tried to use a goof-off or something similar and it actually slightly melted the plastic and changed it from a black to a medium gray.

    submitted by /u/Weak-Maintenance-252
    [link] [comments]

    I have a Samsung Notebook 5 but plan on buying new MacBook Air. Should I and why? (I’m a student)

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 09:57 AM PST

    My Samsung is at the end of its life. Can't display video correctly and the battery can't last an hour from a full charge.

    submitted by /u/cjhill29
    [link] [comments]

    Is this good?

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 06:05 AM PST

    I'm going to be buying a laptop (https://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/acer-nitro-5-core-i5-10300h-8gb-512gb-ssd-geforce-gtx-1650ti-17.3-inch-wind-nh.q82ek.001/version.asp#!#maindesc). Is the store good and trustable and is the laptop good? Also just asking, if I get a modifed OS (like ReviOS) will it boost my performance on this laptop?

    submitted by /u/Ep_icGamer28
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel