• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Sunday, January 10, 2021

    First post here, but I'm really suprised by this (Windows 10 20H2) Windows Help

    First post here, but I'm really suprised by this (Windows 10 20H2) Windows Help


    First post here, but I'm really suprised by this (Windows 10 20H2)

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 03:07 PM PST

    I prefer a clean, simple looking desktop.

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 11:00 PM PST

    how do i change the desktop menu layout from the first image to the second?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 07:32 PM PST

    I wasn’t alive when windows 95 was new

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 07:23 PM PST

    PcaSvc [svchost.exe] using insane amounts of CPU

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 01:41 PM PST

    So around 2 days ago I noticed my computer was running really slowly. (programs taking a while to open/when i type it takes a while for it to appear) I checked task manager and noticed a SVC using a ton of CPU [20-30%, my usual idle CPU is 1-5%]. I checked what it was in services, and it is called PcaSvc [Or program compatibility assistant].

    Help?

    Other info:

    I have disabled it starting up at boot time.

    I tried stopping the service via task manager, but it won't stop.

    I have used RKill and TDSKiller, but to no avail.

    My antivirus is Kaspersky Security Cloud

    When I tried /taskkilling it, I get this error:

    ERROR: The process with PID 2932 could not be terminated.

    Reason: There is no running instance of the task.

    Build 21286, I am a Windows Insider.

    submitted by /u/Xyphyn
    [link] [comments]

    If i delete The files of downlaoded programs, will i lose all my programs?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 06:42 PM PST

    Usb not recognized

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 06:08 PM PST

    My usb headset worked fine untill a week ago, when I started to get this error. Usb device malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it.

    I can use my headset with my jack 3.5mm and it works, but its not the same sound.

    I tried all drivers updates, bios update, windows 20h2 update, nothing worked. Every usb pot works perfectly fine and the headset is not recognized by 2 other laptops.

    Is there any solution to this or I need to send the headset to get checked and fixed by the warranty?

    Can my pc have a problem with usb headsets? I don't think so, I am just saying this because its the 2nd headset that "malfunctioned", I built my pc like a month ago.

    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/Azen1242
    [link] [comments]

    Microsoft Word isn't responding/opening

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 05:50 PM PST

    Microsoft Word doesn't want to open. A small pop up appears saying to launch it in safe mode, but when I click on it, it does nothing. I tried to fix it by shutting it down in Task Manager, but it doesn't show up! Does anyone know whats going on?

    submitted by /u/Money_Faith_Tahiti
    [link] [comments]

    Windows arm

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 08:03 PM PST

    What is the difference between windows arm build 2004 and arm RT

    submitted by /u/guyssocialweb
    [link] [comments]

    svchost.exe (Program Compatibility Service Assistant) High CPU Usage

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 07:57 PM PST

    Ok so, I'm just using my computer normally, and I noticed that the performance is a bit slower than usual and the temps are up by 65 centigrade average. This is very high for me because my previous normal was just 53-56 centigrade. I checked Task Manager and noticed svchost.exe (Program Compatibility Service Assistant) is constantly using 12-20 % of CPU, in some cases, even 30. I've looked for a solution online, and all of them did nothing to improve my performance or lower the process's CPU usage. One common is scan for viruses, and I've done already, and no viruses found.

    If needed, these are my computer specifications:

    Intel Core i5 8250u
    1 4gb ddr3 ram stick and 1 16gb ddr3 ram stick
    Intel UHD Graphics 620
    Nvidia MX150
    500gb Samsung 860 Evo SSD (Windows Installation)
    2tb HDD (Not sure of brand)
    Running Windows 10 Insider Build 21286

    Any help would be appreciated. =)
    PS. Sorry for my bad English.

    submitted by /u/buju-buju
    [link] [comments]

    How do I fix unresponsive Windows 7 laptop

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 02:52 PM PST

    I have an older Windows 7 laptop that I was finally able to get into again today (I had forgotten the password). After solving the password issue, the PC loaded the Home Screen. However, nothing is really responding. The first thing I did was click on start menu and it took about 10 minutes to even respond to me clicking. I powered it down by holding power button then started it again. I was able to get task manager open but there was nothing listed at all in applications. Anyone have any ideas? Or is there a way to wipe the computer via startup menu or command prompt and reinstall windows?

    submitted by /u/95hilfigerkid
    [link] [comments]

    There are no available drivers for my earphone (HAYLOU GT1 PRO) on Windows 7

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 06:13 PM PST

    It's been a month since I bought my Wireless Bluetooth Earphone (Haylou GT1 PRO), it works perfectly on my smartphone (Samsung Galaxy J7 Metal) and on a Windows 10 laptop, but when I try connecting it on my Windows 7 laptop it doesn't work, the error message is: "Bluetooth peripheral device driver not found" when actually windows update should just find the driver automatically. After that, I searched a lot for a driver so that I could install it on my laptop manually but there were no drivers available for windows 7 and I saw that there are other people in the same situation as me. I suppose that the earphone's manufacturer didn't develop a driver for this device on Windows 7 since it doesn't have support anymore and it's being less used by users. Unfortunately my laptop doesn't accept Windows 10 or 8 so I can't use my earphone on it and I don't know what to do now. Could someone help out? Is there a solution for this issue?

    submitted by /u/miranda9925
    [link] [comments]

    I switched from a Chromebook to Windows today. The experience? Great!

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 05:00 PM PST

    Hello! I've been waiting for my new PC for a while. I've actually been thinking about this since July, and I finally got it. I saw a major jump in performance. I know, it was made for gaming, so of course it's gonna be a big boost. But I did expect it to run so well. Games also work great too! I didn't really know what to do, besides play games. I'll be honest, My extremely old laptop failed on me one day, and I was too lazy to recover it. So, it was kinda cool to see Windows again! I can't wait to see what else I can do with it!

    submitted by /u/ZeusDeeGod
    [link] [comments]

    Have 2 Microsoft accounts with privacy?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 01:05 PM PST

    Hi. I share a household with another guest and we share the same desktop. I noticed we can use each others Microsoft account really easily, for example I'm able to log into the Microsoft store with their account and they can log into mine just by signing out and switching accounts. We don't want this as our credit cards are on our Microsoft accounts. Is there a way to turn off auto sign so that when we want to switch between accounts we have to enter our passwords? Thanks

    submitted by /u/icyigor
    [link] [comments]

    [HELP] every game crashes every 5 mins

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 03:52 PM PST

    So basically, no matter what game it is it will crash, every game crashes on the 5 minute mark, at this point im frustrated and im running out of ideas on what to do. I have been looking everywhere for answers but all i have found was not helpful, i thought i could come to reddit for answers, just maybe... a saviour could come and save my pc from total annihilation.

    so let me explain some stuff before i get into the annoying parts:

    1: i got my pc 3 days ago so its almost brand new.

    2: started after or before using driver easy to update my drivers (not sure why i was doing that).

    3: im desperate as fuck and i would do anything to save my pc. (not anything, i just need it to work again)

    this is my pc:

    Gefore GTX 980 Ti

    Intel Core i5-7600k CPU 3.80GHz

    installed memory: 16GB

    64-Bit operating system

    if you couldn't tell in the first section, my pc might be fucked, it may be the graphics driver or video driver but at this point im not sure, WoT told me something about updating my graphics driver (i checked, its already up-to-date) rust just kinda puts me back to my desktop, (i can't press or do anything, that includes using my mouse) same with fortnite (dont change the subject, i play i dont want to hear ur bullshit about that or that game being good or bad) people playground, SCP secret laboratory, apex legends, call of duty warzone, the binding of issac, among us you name it, its all gonna fuckin crash. tho im not sure, i still cant tell but im not sure if it was driver easy or call of duty warzone that i downloaded, i only relised something was wrong when call of duty warzone crashed on me in the first 5 minutes.

    i just need some help... please

    oh and also, from COD MW Remastered i got a message, something about the GPU not responding and something about commands, pretty sure when im playing my graphics driver is crashing non stop, just not sure why.

    submitted by /u/HyperUniKat
    [link] [comments]

    Has Groove music removed the Ability to add Album art and change the Metadate of tracks?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 11:46 AM PST

    How to Make Windows 10 Groove Music Work the Way You Want (sweetwater.com)

    In this article, it appears that you were once able to change or add Album Art to and Album which didn't have any. I simply cannot find this option anywhere in the program now. Any help?

    submitted by /u/CivilHedgehog2
    [link] [comments]

    Xbox game bar missing the actual game bar

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 03:10 PM PST

    Reinstalled windows 10 yesterday, all updates and drivers are installed and good to go everything is working great, except the game bar.

    Currently the game bar it is only loading the screen capture element in the center of the screen with no other widgets present.

    I've tried resetting the app data and even using powershell to uninstall/reinstall.

    I have a multi monitor set up, but that wasn't an issue on my previous install, and disabling the other displays did not resolve the issue.

    I found a thread on Microsoft that describes the same issue, but their solution of an update doesn't work because i'm already up to date.

    submitted by /u/MagicBlaster
    [link] [comments]

    Can I prevent the file explorer from spinning up my HDD (secondary drive)?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 08:17 AM PST

    I have a boot SSD and a storage HDD. I don't want Windows 10 to touch the HDD unless I'm actually accessing something on it, and for the most part it doesn't. However, I can hear it spin up every time I open the explorer... even if I open a folder on the SSD.

    The HDD already has indexing turned off. "Automatically manage paging file size for all drives" is off too, in the list below that the SSD has "System managed" and the HDD "None". Explorer reports that the pagefile and swapfile on the HDD have not been modified in a year which would confirm that they're disabled, unlike the ones on the SSD which have been modified today.

    I don't want to disable or unmount the HDD because I do access files on it sometimes. Unless there's a way to quickly unmount and remount it? In linux the explorer (thunar) shows the HDD grayed out by default and doesn't mount it until I click on it, and when I'm done with it I can right-click and unmount it. Something like that would be acceptable, but in windows this option doesn't seem to exist, it won't let me unmount internal drives. Another option I'd accept is a script file I can keep on my desktop and double-click to mount or unmount it.

    submitted by /u/SinkTube
    [link] [comments]

    System restore after windows reinstall

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 01:56 PM PST

    I ran into a BSOD after trying to verify all my drivers, causing my pc to run into the driver verifier detected violation blue screen. I'm trying to complete a system restore because I really don't want to lose everything. I've forgotten the admin password, and it isn't accepting the password for my account. So my questions are - can I complete a system restore after a reinstall? - will all three of my storage drives have Windows.old files?

    submitted by /u/Ashtonishable
    [link] [comments]

    Account deactivated(?) after installing new hardware

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 01:53 PM PST

    I went from an intel motherboard/CPU to a new 5600x with a b550. I reused my SSD's with my windows on it, didn't change anything. It now says I need to activate windows, here is what I have tried so far:

    Go to settings > Activation > Troubleshoot > I recently changed hardware on this device

    After these options I get a prompt with both of my other windows laptops on it, but neither my old or new desktop which I'm having trouble with. For reference, this is a prompt which tells me to select the device I'm working on. It says if I can't see it, to log into my account, but I am, that's the problem.

    When I log into my account on Microsoft in browser, I can see BOTH the old motherboard, and the new motherboard. The pc's have the same name.

    Anyone have a clue what to do? I can contact windows tomorrow but I'd rather not...

    submitted by /u/daanneek
    [link] [comments]

    Volume and Volume button not work

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 01:30 PM PST

    My volume ain't working. It was working about 30 minutes ago. and the volume button is bringing up word finder. Also this is on an Asus windows 10 laptop.

    submitted by /u/yatayata1234
    [link] [comments]

    hbaked and hbakedproj (help on a friends computer)

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 12:27 PM PST

    sooo... anyone here know what an "hbaked" file is? and why it was in my system32? there were others too in different folders under c:\windows\system32\hydrogen, like this one called an "hbakedproj"... i have no clue where these came from and a google search turned up literally nothing (with quotes in it gave me some airliner thingy in michigan or smth and some obscure site that seemed to be entirely in chinese and without quotes it just took the 'baked' part and threw up recipe sites/apps at me), so yknow i'm askin here 'cause there's a ton of ppl in here and so maybe one of y'all will know wtf this is? i'm not knowledgeable on tech stuff (lookin in sys32 to see if it had any winupdate stuff in so i could finally nuke the damned thing from my laptop since the consistent "wE'lL rEsTaRt YoUr pC aT [whatever time]" popups (and subsequent random restarts causin me to lose all the stuff i had open) get rather annoying, just in case anyone's wonderin why i was in sys32 in the first place) but idk what this is lol-

    submitted by /u/Little-Space-Galaxy
    [link] [comments]

    I can't open certain applications anymore, certain ones are either clickteam games or variation softwares, this is a huge problem for me.

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 11:04 AM PST

    what do i do?

    submitted by /u/Paulybird123
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to start up my old pc with a win7 recovery CD and now I am stuck on this screen. Where can I find drivers? The pc may have been windows 10 instead of 7, how does this trouble things? (Link in post)

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 07:17 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel