• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Friday, January 15, 2021

    Cortana Is Evil Windows Help

    Cortana Is Evil Windows Help


    Cortana Is Evil

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 11:48 AM PST

    How do I get rid of these microphone/megaphone icons?

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 12:05 AM PST

    what good apps are in windows store that arent in ios or android so we can discover new apps

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 04:23 PM PST

    what good apps are in windows store that arent in ios or android so we can discover new apps

    submitted by /u/doingbasiclifeprep
    [link] [comments]

    Windows Vista to Windows 10? Is It Possible?

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 06:26 PM PST

    I was wondering if it is possible to either A.) Directly upgrade Windows Vista to Windows 10 or B.) Upgrade Windows Vista to Windows 7 or 8, then to Windows 10.

    I wanted to take my Windows Vista desktop, add some RAM and PCIe Storage, then upgrade to Windows 10.

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/ConditionSharp9968
    [link] [comments]

    Possible to have "recent" and "frequent" filders both appear when right clicking windows explorer in taskbar?

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 07:52 PM PST

    Hey all,

    In windows 10 when I right click on my file explorer I currently have a list of pinned folders as well as displaying a few recent folders. I want to know is it possible for this to show my pinned folders, recent folders and frequent folders?

    Maybe show 5-6 folders for both recent and frequent if possible.

    I don't think is at all possible without some type of code being written and I have zero idea how to do that. So do any of you guys know how to do this or know of an existing program that will allow me to do this?

    submitted by /u/rageagainistjg
    [link] [comments]

    The many flower wallpapers included in Windows (Pre-8)

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 04:38 AM PST

    wireless second monitor

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 07:22 PM PST

    Hello,

    Newbie question here:

    I have 2 laptops. When I connect to the second laptop wirelessly with the first, using the second as an additional monitor,

    Which graphics cards is the second laptop (the one being used as an external monitor) running off? Is it my first laptop or the second laptop.

    I assume the second laptop is running off its own graphics cards because the first is connecting to the second through wifi and is not physically connected? Is this assumption correct?

    Does this question even make sense?

    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/acealthebes
    [link] [comments]

    How to deactivate youtube thumbnail image from a specific channel?

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 07:17 PM PST

    Does anyone know a way to deactivate the youtube thumbnail image from a specific channel? Wikihow tells how to do it with recomended videos, but I want to do that with all videos of only one channel.

    submitted by /u/jbiribi
    [link] [comments]

    Can my laptop be saved?

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 07:08 PM PST

    I own a lenovo g50 80 laptop that's causing me trouble for the last few days. It randomly switches between Windows. At first I thought it was a virus. But then I dual booted into ubuntu and had the same problem show up there as well. Is it a hardware issue?

    submitted by /u/MysticalAlchemist
    [link] [comments]

    Windows 10 or Windows 7?

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 11:34 AM PST

    Personally, I keep linux on my Netbook, and Windows on my desktop. However, Im confused on which windows I should keep. Windows 7 is compatible with my PC, and has customization that I like. It also has a decent amount of compatibility with older games. It's also on the weaker side with my ram. However, I'm afraid of security, despite how many browsers still support 7. Should I upgrade to 10?

    submitted by /u/SkellyWithABenelli
    [link] [comments]

    Moving Windows 10 from my HDD to SSD

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 03:05 PM PST

    Recently got a 250 gb samsung ssd to accompany my 1tb hdd in my desktop. Windows as well as many games are installed on my hdd and I just want to move windows 10 to the ssd but keep the games on the hdd. Is it possible for me to clone windows from my hdd to my ssd, delete windows off my hdd and still access all the files on my hdd afterwards. Whenever I tried to use cloning apps it always tried to copy everything from my hdd to my ssd which of course wouldn't fit. If there is a way to do this what service should I use?

    submitted by /u/col_man1
    [link] [comments]

    explorer.exe and svchost asking for permission at boot

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 06:42 PM PST

    Computer is working fine until today that both explorer.exe and svchost are asking for permission everytime my computer boots up, what happened? and any solutions? thanks!

    SOLVED!:

    I installed "Loaris Trojan Remover" and I scanned the directory "C:\windows\resoruces\themes" because I checked where explorer.exe is coming from also the svchost came from there, obviously those files are not from "themes" very suspicious and the program deleted the virus, voila! Virus free

    I recommend "Loaris Trojan Remover" for users like me who disabled windefender, it is my fault too.

    submitted by /u/AnonPH009
    [link] [comments]

    Windows 10X: Microsoft's 'cloud-powered' Chrome OS competitor inches closer | ZDNet

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 06:44 AM PST

    Run OS from New SSD

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 02:44 PM PST

    I recently added an SSD to my laptop, I used TodoBackup to clone my old HDD to the SSD. However even though I've cloned it and I believe I set it to boot from the SSD, Windows still runs on my old HDD. (for instance if I want to run the command prompt it runs it on the HDD drive C: instead of the SSD drive D:; and also the HDD drive has the little Windows sign on it versus the SSD). I also can't simply format the HDD to force my computer to use my SSD, because it is running the OS. How do I get my system to completely run Windows on my SSD not my HDD?

    submitted by /u/ifeespifee
    [link] [comments]

    Black screen problem after latest update (fixed for me)

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 06:22 PM PST

    So I kind of freaked out because it was restarting to a black screen, but after deleting the latest quality update, it let me boot just fine, so if you have this problem, I hope this helps!

    submitted by /u/Friedlimbs
    [link] [comments]

    Can't click apply to change some system settings.

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 05:06 PM PST

    why does windows do this i hate it now

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 04:22 PM PST

    Looking for an explanation

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 03:35 PM PST

    So up until yesterday I was setting my display resolution (windows setting) to 1920x1200 every time before loading up Cyberpunk so I would get 2 black bars so the game would be proportionate and not stretched out over the whole screen which would be the case when set to my default 3240x2160 (3:2 aspect ratio) resolution.

    Now, as of yesterday, when I try to set the display resolution to 1920x1200, windows itself stretches out and I get NO black bars.

    Any explanations? Was there an update that changed that and is now stretching out resolutions that don't have the 3:2 aspect ratio?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/optimus2primex
    [link] [comments]

    Folders suddenly disappeared from multiple locations

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 02:44 PM PST

    Hi! So I've been modding a game and I should be seeing the folders for modified meshes and some mod tools, the problem is that after editing some meshes they just disappeared, not only from the game's folder in C: but from my game's backup folder too! I have activated "show hidden folders" but I can't see. The curious thing is that I can see one of the meshes in "recent files" pointing to a folder inside one of the missing folders, but when I try to open it's location I get an error saying that "it's not available". Also, I can still edit the meshes and save them inside the missing folders, so the folders must still be there.

    submitted by /u/ANormalGuyReborn
    [link] [comments]

    Shut down is slow after pressing "Update and shut down"

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 02:12 PM PST

    I was turning off my pc today and it got stuck on the shutting down screen. It is still going and 1 hour has passed. I am scared to do anything because Windows might get corrupted(because of the update part). Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/valtamah
    [link] [comments]

    Can I use Internet archive to download windows 10 1909?

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 10:10 AM PST

    Hello, so most forza games have trouble running on my new pc, worked fine on my older one running 1909, can I download the update from internet archive?

    submitted by /u/ILikeGuitarAmps
    [link] [comments]

    After I was done using my windows 10 lap top it wouldn't turn off, after awhile it went into this weird black screen shown below and none of the buttons do anything, is there a fix ? (this isn't a real screenshot, I recreated it on my phone but it looks exactly like that)

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 01:26 PM PST

    what is the fastest way i can factory reset my 2tb hdd pc before i meet up with the buyer?

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 01:06 PM PST

    i have to meet up with the buyer in 13-14 hours and my windows 10 pc has a 2tb hdd. i am trying to reset it with wiping out all files and its been 40mins and its 2% right now. is there a faster way you would recommend ??

    submitted by /u/hotglue0303
    [link] [comments]

    Windows Product Key

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 12:30 PM PST

    I built my pc a couple months ago and i am currently using the free unactivated version of windows and I would like to finally activate it. How do i get just a windows key. No disc/usb just the product key. I don't wanna buy from those sketchy websites that have cheap keys. I'd rather spend $100+ on a OFFICIAL key from trusted websites (Microsoft, amazon etc)

    submitted by /u/Kenshi40
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel