• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Friday, January 8, 2021

    Accidentally removed sole admin account from my laptop Tech Support

    Accidentally removed sole admin account from my laptop Tech Support


    Accidentally removed sole admin account from my laptop

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 10:07 AM PST

    Hey, so I recently was given a hand-me-down laptop, and as I was in the process of deleting/clearing stuff out I removed the administrator (the only account on the laptop) and now I cant access the settings. The computer is a 2018(approx) Samsung and has Windows 10. How do I fix this? The simpler the steps, the better as I have little computer knowledge. Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/MikeDAnon
    [link] [comments]

    restored computer from a restore point on windows 10. Now I can't uninstall applications that I had uninstalled before restoring

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 01:28 PM PST

    A little while ago, I tried installing and updating some drivers on my pc but it didnt work so I just reverted back to an old restore point the computer had made some days ago. Everything is okay except before i restored I had uninstall microsoft office and Opera GX from my computer and after the restore, they appeared back and I cant uninstall them anymore. Office gives me an error while the opera installer doesnt even appear

    submitted by /u/Azlan_Ansari
    [link] [comments]

    Ping/latency spikes seemingly out of nowhere on ethernet (Comcast/Xfinity)

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 12:21 PM PST

    Hello, around January 1st, I have noticed during online gaming sessions that I would occasionally, and sometimes frequently, get ping spikes for a few seconds when before going back to normal. For example, in League of Legends, I would get around 17ms-18ms at all times, while now it fluctuates between 17ms-30ms and in a few minutes get hit by high ping anywhere between 50ms-150ms for a few seconds. In other games that are very sensitive to packet loss, it's very noticeable and almost unplayable.

    I don't remember doing or installing/changing anything that may have introduced this issue.

    Here are my downstream/upstream signal levels: https://imgur.com/a/zzBGpjK

    I pinged google.com and 8.8.8.8, normally and in safe mode, and the ping would fluctuate anywhere between 9ms to 35ms on average while sometimes getting up to 100ms-150ms request timed out (and even "general failure"? sometimes), pretty much exactly like how I've noticed it while playing games. Packet loss seemed to average around 2%-6% before and after changing things that I listed below, but I don't think these small variances had anything to do with those changes.

    I have Windows 10 version 20H2, Xfinity with 1Gbps/down and 40mbps/up (my download and upload speeds are completely fine), have a Netgear CM1000 modem and Netgear R7800 router (I never had QoS enabled). I have tried almost everything under the sun that I can think of, which I will attempt to put here:

    Power cycled both modem and router for 15 seconds and again for 15 minutes

    Restarted modem through Xfinity Assistant

    Rescrewed and tightened coax connection on modem and outside

    Factory reset both modem and router

    Plugged modem and router directly to outlet instead of surge protector

    Dusted modem and router

    Chatted with Xfinity customer support, and they weren't able to see anything wrong, signals looked good and offered a tech visit, but held off as to see if I can't resolve the issue on my own

    Changed ethernet cables connecting modem to router and router to desktop (they were both either some form of Cat5 or Cat6, don't really remember but download and upload stayed exactly the same)

    Enabled/disabled IPv6

    Changed DNS to Cloudflare and GoogleDNS

    Tinkered with ethernet controller advanced settings, such as disabling offload settings, disabling eco settings, changing receive/transmit buffers to lowest/highest settings, speed/duplex, and the other settings as well

    I have a Z490 board and I was heavily convinced it might be an issue with the I225-V chipset, so I installed a Realtek NIC to test that theory, but it didn't seem to be the case

    Tested wireless on desktop, but similar/worse ping fluctuations occurred

    Plugged my modem directly into my desktop to see if it could be a router issue, but playing games and doing ping tests showed similar fluctuations, including timed out requests followed by high ping. I even tested using my laptop using an ethernet adapter, first connected through router, then just the modem, but ended up with similar results

    I probably did many other things that I don't remember off the top of my head, but I don't believe they were super significant. At this point, I have a feeling it's an issue regarding a possible faulty modem. It could even be ISP related, or cabling issue, but my signal levels do seem good, so would that really be possible? I sadly don't have a spare modem to test this but if there is no other reasonable culprit, I can try ordering another CM1000 or similar/better 1Gbps modem and just return it if my issues persist. I'm up for any suggestions. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/AdvantageQuirky
    [link] [comments]

    Ok, fixed the clock issues now I have a computer issue. (of course)

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 11:11 AM PST

    So basically, I had my hard drive replaced , and the recovery environment from the OEM is missing. I've tried restoring from a image captured from my previous drive, but it didn't boot into the re from one just gave a blank blue background and later shut off. Does it any time it attempts to boot in. I've tried using the "deployer" it has as an update and it downloads the files and claims it worked but when I look at my partions after I restored that captured image it says partition type: basic data partition. When I reset the machine and use the deployer it doesn't create a partition or anything at all.

    I've contacted them and I'm sending it In for a repair for a different reason, but have also mentioned that I need that recovery thing to work and they've not fixed it all. I sent it a few times specifically for this issue.

    submitted by /u/potatomolehill
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone help me?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 10:31 AM PST

    I've been doing this for a long time. I want to watch a YouTuber video but all of the creator videos are private. Can someone please help me to download this video? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qj9zjslyws0 I have been looking at all methods to download the video but still fails. I tried to contact the creator but no reply.

    submitted by /u/Environmental_Fall52
    [link] [comments]

    Ok reddit. Here's a mystery. How do I get this clock unstuck from the current time? It's completely stuck on this time.

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 06:27 PM PST

    Weird ticking sound in headphones

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 07:51 PM PST

    My friends can hear it over my mic too

    submitted by /u/genneric_username
    [link] [comments]

    New Motherboard not working with M.2

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 03:21 PM PST

    I recently purchased and installed a Gigabyte Z490M Gaming X motherboard and it's giving me some trouble. The BIOS won't boot with my Sabrent Rocket Q SSD. I try to enable CSM Support in the bios and it gives me the option to but whenever I try, it just launches into a black screen with a little solid white text indicator at the top left. Nothing else happens. Any help?

    Edit - Just a side note, I have an SSHD as well but my Windows is on my M.2. I need CSM Support to prioritize the M.2

    submitted by /u/ChampDaLamp
    [link] [comments]

    Small crack in MicroSD Card

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 04:25 PM PST

    My GF accidentally put a small crack in her card the other night and I'm pretty sure we are screwed, but I figured I would ask here before giving up.

    The card gets extremely hot when insert into a PC. Windows asks me to format the drive when insert. Curious if recovery is potentially possible.

    https://i.imgur.com/Nvwn8B3.jpg

    The crack looks very minor and doesn't run down the sides. You can tell from the back side there there is a very slight crease in the card along where the crack is on the front side. I've tried tape, but that didn't help.

    submitted by /u/theswellmaker
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel