• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Wednesday, January 13, 2021

    Aaaaaaaaaa Windows Help

    Aaaaaaaaaa Windows Help


    Aaaaaaaaaa

    Posted: 13 Jan 2021 08:07 AM PST

    Why does my background just turn this color randomly when I right click on my desktop?

    Posted: 13 Jan 2021 06:55 PM PST

    How to enable emoji 12 and 13 on Windows 10?

    Posted: 13 Jan 2021 08:27 PM PST

    I can only see emojis older than unicode 12, the rest shows up as squares.

    Emojipedia says that emoji 13 is not yet on windows, fine, but emoji 12 should be. I've been scouring the internet trying to find a way to "install" it but found nothing helpful.

    Does anyone have any knowledge on the matter? How do I get emoji 12 and 12.1 to replace the squares?

    submitted by /u/StupidButSerious
    [link] [comments]

    Windows is messed up

    Posted: 13 Jan 2021 08:19 PM PST

    So recently I acquired an SSD and tried to move program files and lets just say, I messed things up a good bit. Now my Microsoft store will not work and apps for it will not either. I have tried trouble shooting apps and features and that hasn't worked. And I have also tried windows + R WSReset.exe and that isn't working either since I cant download an app to run it. Any idea on what I should do?

    submitted by /u/ItsFerrni
    [link] [comments]

    Fullscreen videos freeze? Youtube videos work though? Lenovo legion 5. Updates done. Please help!

    Posted: 13 Jan 2021 08:09 PM PST

    Scaling changed suddenly and I cant change it back. Help!

    Posted: 13 Jan 2021 06:57 PM PST

    I got a new monitor recently and it has been great since it made everything smaller (taskbar,apps,etc), but suddenly the scaling was changed to make it bigger. It still says 100% and wont let me change it back. I don't know what to do.

    submitted by /u/Lapras32
    [link] [comments]

    Does Wake on LAN (WOL) signal reset the sleep timer in Windows 10?

    Posted: 13 Jan 2021 06:36 PM PST

    Is there a program or someway to view old/deleted event logs (windows 7)?

    Posted: 13 Jan 2021 06:21 PM PST

    im looking for logs from august to mid november. mine only go back about 2 months.

    i looked in the system32 folders winevt and config and i only have the current log i can see

    submitted by /u/Sensitive-Kitchen328
    [link] [comments]

    Bsod system thread exception not handled

    Posted: 13 Jan 2021 06:11 PM PST

    My fiancé's computer went into a blue screen of death after he installed some music software he just bought. I have tried every repair method I can find online with command prompt, trying to enter in safe mode, etc. but no luck and I can't even get it to the Home Screen in safe mode. We were at the point where we were ready to restore factory settings after there was no system restore or system reset but I can't even reset it. Does anyone have any advice on what to do? I'm very stuck

    submitted by /u/Valuable-Diver
    [link] [comments]

    Great way to start my day

    Posted: 13 Jan 2021 05:56 PM PST

    Black screen after update

    Posted: 13 Jan 2021 05:55 PM PST

    Hello people of Reddit, I come looking for help, sorry in advance for the bad english

    I was using my pc normaly when I noticed that I had a update notification, so I restarted and updated, but now I'm stocked on a black screen whit my cursor

    The ctrl alt del metod doesn't work, as the config never shows, but when I press Windows+P I can actually see the projector screen, I tried and I can't acces the safe boot, I don't know what to do, any help is apreciated

    EDIT: I'm using Windows 10, with a Ryzen 5 3400g, 16 GB of RAM and a 240GB ssd, the mother board is an AMD A320

    submitted by /u/RollingAl
    [link] [comments]

    Taskbar app to enable/disable monitors?

    Posted: 13 Jan 2021 05:31 PM PST

    Hello Windows people!

    I have four monitors connected to my PC, but a couple of them have multiple inputs that are used on other systems from time to time. I need to be able to disable them and re-enable them easily. Having to go into Display settings is a PITA, especially if I only need to disable a monitor for just a moment, and WIN+P isn't specific enough. Is there an app that could sit in the taskbar and let me right-click enable/disable individual monitors?

    I'm not aware that Windows has anything built in, and AFAIK SysInternals / Nirsoft don't have anything suitable. Assuming there isn't, then I'm open to recommendations for something shareware / freeware - I'm absolutely happy (and would prefer) to throw some money at a small developer!

    Thanks! :)

    tl;dr - I'm looking for an app that will sit in the taskbar which I can use to enable/disable any one of four monitors.

    submitted by /u/DeepestBlueDragon
    [link] [comments]

    Really need some help here. Windows 7.

    Posted: 13 Jan 2021 11:25 AM PST

    Right, so a buddy of mine has given me an old laptop he found at a house clearance. He had right to take it BTW, the owner gave him permission.

    Anyways, I turned it on today and it's running some weird type of windows 7, It's windows 7 Gold ultra lite. My problem with it is that every browser I try and run just doesn't work. IE just shows a black screen. Chrome shows an error message and opera just has a blank white screen whenever I type an address in.

    Is there any way to fix this? I need the internet to work on here.

    Thanks in advance for any help 🙏

    submitted by /u/kodeineKrazy
    [link] [comments]

    Hyper-V newbie with a few quick questions regarding file systems and VM movement

    Posted: 13 Jan 2021 04:54 PM PST

    Windows bootloader/bootmanager issue

    Posted: 13 Jan 2021 04:27 PM PST

    Background: Thought I would try O.C. my RAM which I had been meaning to do for literally years. I was adjusting memory settings and rebooting and at one point I interrupted Windows from booting because I mean to make a change in the BIOS. I continued adjusting memory setting and eventually I gave up (any change ever so mild lead to failure to boot past the BIOS (as in the BIOS was telling me it wasn't stable).

    Having given up I went to boot to Windows but it shows the bios screen with the windows thinking circle and says "diagnosing issue" and then "repairing issue". It then says that windows startup repair was unable to repair the issue and gives me the option to shutdown or boot from disk (which leads back to the same place). I tried the following from a command prompt with the Win10 install USB I have: bootrec /FixMbr /FixBoot /RebuildBcd They ran with no issue, but didn't resolve the issue.

    I ran SFC and it did find and fixed files and a did a DISM as well but it didn't report any problems Neither fixed my issue.

    But here is the kicker. In my BIOS I have two boot options. The drive that windows is on that the BIOS labels "windows manager wdc....", and a another drive that doesn't have a OS. However if I interrupt the boot at the bios screen (F12) I get a third option in addition to the two. This one is just labeled "WDC..." and force booting it loads Windows just fine. It makes me think it is the windows bootmanger, but I have yet to figure out how to fix it. I have the BIOS set to legacy only, but I have tried UEFI just for kicks but that didn't help.

    Thoughts?

    Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-Z170-HD3P

    submitted by /u/Kymenee
    [link] [comments]

    Bluetooth missing after update

    Posted: 13 Jan 2021 04:02 PM PST

    Hello everyone, just about 3 hours ago I restarted my laptop because it was asking to be updated (Windows 10). My keyboard is broken so I had to get an external one that connects via bluetooth. After the update I notice it wasn't connecting. I went to check if it was off because of the update but the on and off switch wasn't on the screen. After going to the trouble shooting options and running it on the bluetooth, it said that this device didn't have a bluetooth. Which it's not possible because 4 hours ago I was using it just fine. I have looked everywhere including device manager and run since those were the options I found online. Someone recommended DriverFix but after reading some reviews I immediately deleted it because people were skeptical in regards of its legitimacy. Does any one else has had this problem? What did you do to fix it?

    Hope y'all are doing good

    submitted by /u/samsname
    [link] [comments]

    Webcam Issues

    Posted: 13 Jan 2021 03:20 PM PST

    I recently upgraded my younger brothers computer with christmas money. Everything except the graphics card is new. Because it was christmas break he wasnt using his webcam but wehn school came around he went to use it and now it randomly flashes green and has weird flashing lines and looks like an overall glitchy mess. I've made sure all the drivers and windows are updated and made sure their wasnt any antivirus blocking it. It does this on both the default windows camera app and in the discord preview. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/coolcaspet
    [link] [comments]

    Can you not use windows 7 product key to upgrade to windows 10 anymore?

    Posted: 13 Jan 2021 11:09 AM PST

    From what I was reading on the internet this was possible, however when I try to input my windows 7 product key into windows 10 it does not work as I can't enter 0's which my product key has. Did they do this to prevent windows 7 keys to activate windows 10?

    Also as a message to the mods: flaring posts don't work on old.reddit, the menu is too far to the bottom of the screen so you can't hit accept.

    submitted by /u/Kaissy
    [link] [comments]

    Need help with weird pink spots on monitor

    Posted: 13 Jan 2021 07:04 AM PST

    Need help with weird pink spots on monitor

    title is self explanatory, ive checked the cable multiple times, and the spots dont appear in my old computer, wondering what might have caused this.

    https://preview.redd.it/yu47khf674b61.jpg?width=3024&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=13052410d9a9194fc1db92e31a901b692e924669

    submitted by /u/DisplayConstant7399
    [link] [comments]

    Novell Client for windows xp

    Posted: 13 Jan 2021 10:17 AM PST

    I recently purchased an hp nc6000 windows XP laptop from somebody and they warned me that it is locked behind this Novell Client for Windows thing. I bought it anyway thinking I could easily bypass it with the f8 key on startup. I attempted to bypass using safe mode but im still being forced to log into the novell client login page and I dont know what to do. Is there any known way to factory reset the computer so I can use it? I only bought it for the few programms that I needed to run on it and I dont know how to reset the thing. Maybe I could use a bypass from a cd boot or floppy disk boot or something like that

    submitted by /u/Chris_Midis
    [link] [comments]

    Fan LEDs not working after restart

    Posted: 13 Jan 2021 01:13 PM PST

    Today I was setting up a start up alarm in the UEFI settings and I stumbled upon CEC level (Lighting settings) power> power advanced settings> CEC level) and found that my fan's actually had LEDs in them(prior to that I didn't know and they hadn't been turned on), however after saving and exiting( F10)restarting the PC) The fan lights turn off and don't come back on with the LEDs in my ram that normally come on, When I go back to the setting it shows that it's still on however I have to click on it again for the lights to turn on. I was wondering if there's something I'm not seeing....

    submitted by /u/hot-buddery-cakes
    [link] [comments]

    HP webcam broke?

    Posted: 13 Jan 2021 07:12 AM PST

    I'm trying to log on for my google meets in class and they've worked every school day so far up until now. When I went into google meets setting it says my HP webcam failed (I use an HP laptop) with windows and I'm not sure if the problem but I know my teachers will give me a hard time about this. Anyone know of any solutions? I'm sorry it's not really a hug but I just need help, if this won't let me post in here cause it's not a bug, anyone know where I can take this post?

    submitted by /u/URApir8
    [link] [comments]

    Windows Sandbox not working

    Posted: 13 Jan 2021 12:48 PM PST

    Windows Sandbox not working

    I have recently started messing around with windows sandbox and I wanted to enable VGPU. It didn't work and I think the problem has to do with sandbox not having the correct WDDM version. (I believe it is required to have version 2.6) But currently it is at 1.3 (see image). Does anybody know of a way to get VGPU working or to update the driver?

    Edit:

    CPU: Ryzen 9 3900x

    GPU: RTX 2080 Super (Driver version 461.09)

    Motherboard: ASUS ROG strix x470-f gaming

    Windows10: Pro, 20H2, Build: 19042.746

    https://preview.redd.it/htfgu41ow5b61.png?width=276&format=png&auto=webp&s=48acae04213f489b43fed9c5a0b95b87cd1250d1

    submitted by /u/vrplayer123
    [link] [comments]

    WTF Microsoft, why do you remove random stuff without telling anyone?

    Posted: 12 Jan 2021 10:16 PM PST

    Rant mode on!

    Had a random registry corruption pop up today after a power failure at an inopportune moment. Well crap, reboot allow automatic repair to run... Fail. Registry is hopelessly corrupted. No problem Just boot to a command prompt and restore the registry from the backup which can always be found at C:\Windows\System32\config\RegBack\

    WTF there is nothing in there! Where did it go?

    After doing some research, I found that that Windows 10, since at least ver 1803, no longer makes backup copies of the Registry hives in regback.

    WTF Microsoft??? Why??? Why did you remove a useful feature that could have had me back up and running in a few minutes. Defeated, I was forced to reinstall Windows and restore everything from scratch. This took about six hours. Thankfully this machine is used as my home media server and home automation control, as well as running my security cameras. As it was it only took me about six hours to have the machine back in service. But what chaffs my butt is the fact that I lost six hours of my life unnecessarily because Microsoft removed a very useful feature.

    /Rant

    submitted by /u/Runner_one
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel