• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Saturday, October 31, 2020

    Android Help Saturday APPreciation (Oct 31 2020) - Your weekly app recommendation/request thread!

    Android Help Saturday APPreciation (Oct 31 2020) - Your weekly app recommendation/request thread!


    Saturday APPreciation (Oct 31 2020) - Your weekly app recommendation/request thread!

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 04:10 AM PDT

    Note 1. Check out our apps wiki for previous threads and apps curated by the reddit Android community!

    Download the official /r/Android App Store based on our wiki!

    Note 2. Join us at /r/MoronicMondayAndroid, a sub serving as a repository for our retired weekly threads. Just pick any thread and Ctrl-F your way to wisdom!

    Note 2. Join our IRC, and Telegram chat-rooms! Please see our wiki for instructions.


    This weekly Saturday thread is for:
    * App promotion,
    * App praise/sharing


    Rules:

    1) If you are a developer, you may promote your own app ONLY under the bolded, distinguished moderator comment. Users: if you think someone is trying to bypass this rule by promoting their app in the general thread, click the report button so we can take a look!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Switched from Pixel 4 XL to Pixel 5. It's not an upgrade or downgrade.

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 01:04 PM PDT

    I bought Pixel 4 XL on release date last year and have been happy with the phone since.

    Note - I have hard hearing so I heavily use the Live Transcribe and Live Captions daily.

    My work phone needed an upgrade and Pixel 5 happened to release at perfect timing so I pre-ordered one and it arrived 2 days ago.

    GAP? Yes the Pixel 5 has a gap, however, the gap is less than 1mm and uniform around the entire phone. Defect or not, on the unit I received it is not an issue. Some specks of dust does get in though.

    SCREEN? Ok the screen is 6 inches vs 6.3 inches, small difference right? Not exactly. The difference is bigger than I expected, mainly because of the top of the Pixel 5 screen is unusable due to hole punch camera(which is a big circle, much bigger than Galaxy S10 hole punch). When I use apps or anything, the entire area the camera hole covers is not useable! On Pixel 4 XL the digital time on top left would appear and disappear and you can use the full screen. On Pixel 5 it's just a blank if you want the clock gone.

    BUILD QUALITY? Pixel 4 XL is better. This isn't hard to compare as the phone was priced more premium as well. In actual in hand feel, Pixel 4 XL feels much more 'solid'. A weird comparison of this is, have you ever tapped or slapped a hard plastic container of hair gel? Well I have, it has a slight tingle when you do... Pixel 5 has such tingle as well when I tap or slap the phone. Pixel 4 XL in comparison feels like a marble slab, much more solid. I'm sure you all already know how the texture of Pixel 4 XL feels in hand by now. Pixel 5 feels different, it can be good or bad. It's a preference thing. Curious? Go to the kitchen and touch your Anodized frying pan. Feels like that but instead of metal surface... It feels more like textured adhesive wrap applied to plastic. I dropped my Pixel 5 onto wooden floors yesterday, not a scratch or mark on it. Maybe plasticky isn't so bad. Phone most certainly doesn't feel like a $700 device and I doubt I'll put a case on it. It's not glass or pretty metal.

    HAPTIC FEEDBACK? It's good enough but not amazing. I think it has something to do with how light and tingly the Pixel 5 is. Remember I compared is to a container of hair gel. Haptics not such a big deal to me though, long as it's there then that's good enough. Phone just feels hollow.

    PERFORMANCE? Not much difference as far as I can tell. Sorry, I can't really test the speakers anyway.

    BATTERY LIFE? Pixel 5 battery is nothing short of phenomenal. There's no comparison compared to Pixel 4 XL. If you're having battery issues on Pixel 4 XL then switching to Pixel 5 would be more than worth it.

    Ok I think so far, I kept making the Pixel 5 sound bad but it's really not! People keep comparing the Pixel 5 to Pixel 4 XL but that's not a fair comparison. Pixel 4 XL cost $200 more in US at release.

    So if you have a Pixel 4 XL and wondering if you should upgrade, consider 3 things: battery life, physical size of the phone and Fingerprint sensor. Battery is amazing, not much to say about that. Physical size of Pixel 5 is really good, very easily one handed, similar size to iPhone 8 with a slim case. I mention this because Pixel 4 XL with a case is a gigantic monster of a phone. Fingerprint sensor doesn't need much of an explanation with this pandemic.

    submitted by /u/deafghost
    [link] [comments]

    It's Time to be Honest with Myself... [LinusTechTips]

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 09:54 AM PDT

    Google's lack of foresight and strategy is stifling Pixel sales in India

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 10:58 PM PDT

    Pixel 5 vs iPhone night mode showdown

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 08:39 AM PDT

    One thing YouTube Music does better than Play Music

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 11:11 AM PDT

    I am not happy about switching from Play Music and have been putting off the switch for as long as possible. But this week my Play Music would no cast from my phone to my speakers so I decided to just give in and make the transfer. While I still miss Play Music I do like one thing.

    I can connect to the queue from multiple devices. If I cast from the YouTube Music app on one phone I can connect to the speaker group on another phone and it will pull up the currently active queue and I can manage it from both devices at once without having to go to the Google Home app.

    You do have to make sure there is no current queue on that second device though, whether active or inactive. You can just swipe down and it will close out that queue. Otherwise the second device's queue will take over the cast.

    Everything else sucks though.

    submitted by /u/obsidianfirefly
    [link] [comments]

    Micromax teases 'In' branded phone ahead of launch

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 10:19 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel