• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Saturday, October 31, 2020

    Phone app thinks I'm in a different country Android Help

    Phone app thinks I'm in a different country Android Help


    Phone app thinks I'm in a different country

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 08:01 PM PDT

    This was happening on my pixel 3 and I just ignored it because I was upgrading to pixel 5 but it's still happening.

    Basically my phone app whenever I make outgoing calls thinks I'm in a different country when making calls. See here: https://imgur.com/a/Kgm53yM

    The calls still go through successfully so its not a big concern other than it throwing me off each time. I'm sure it's related to the fact that I was visiting there for vacation a while ago.

    Theres obviously a setting somewhere I'm missing. My default country is set to the United States: https://imgur.com/a/2HXUHaL

    I'm confused. Can anyone help?

    submitted by /u/Caliguy310
    [link] [comments]

    Google forcing fingerprint use for covid exposure thing

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 06:37 PM PDT

    Hi,

    I do not generally use fingerprint for unlocking for anything, and have a password for the actual device.

    Just now I added a fingerprint solely for use with my password manager quick-unlock.

    I do not want figerprint to be used for anything else. Screenlock is still just a password. This seems to be fine for 99% of the things, like if I try to change security settings it asks for my password, not the print.

    However, when I was playing around with the COVID exposure thing (founds via Settings, search "covid")...it shows like "X exposure checks in the past 15 days" or something. If I click that to see the details, it asks for my fingerprint. It does not allow me to use my password and there is no way to see that info unless I use fingerprint.

    Is this normal? It seems like every other part of the OS behaves as expected and uses my password to authenticate, given that it's what it's set to do....so I'm confused as to why this it's doing that for COVID stuff. After I deleted the fingerprint, it works fine and just asks for the password.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/peppa_pig6969
    [link] [comments]

    Has my device been hacked?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 07:01 AM PDT

    Hello, today I got a notification on my phone saying that my device was found. Of course, my device was never lost so I Clicked on the notification out of curiosity, and all of a sudden it made my phone do a factory reset. has my phone been hacked? I genuinely wanna know. I have really bad anxiety so this is really important for me.

    submitted by /u/junosorel
    [link] [comments]

    Does the Pixel 4a have a flashlight shortcut or gesture?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 02:41 PM PDT

    I'm coming from a Moto G Power and their flashlight chop was damn useful. There's one for the camera but I can't find one for the flashlight. Is this doable without using a 3rd party app?

    submitted by /u/DrFatz
    [link] [comments]

    "No internet connection" in Chrome

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 06:19 PM PDT

    My Pixel 3 has been saying "No internet connection" in Chrome for the past few weeks. Even though I'm connected to WiFi or 4G and surfing the web just don't, it "no internet connection".

    One or two times a certain webpage wouldn't pull up, and then the phone tries to tell me "you're offline", but I can pull up different pages just fine.

    Something is clearly jacked up, I'm guessing since the last time I updated Android. Is anyone else having this problem? My googling hasn't turned anything up.

    submitted by /u/The-Mortal-Wombat
    [link] [comments]

    Lg Stylo 5 X home touch buttons gone frome home screen

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 10:45 PM PDT

    Sorry if im not good with this im new to reddit but my problem is that normally my home buttons would stay up on my home screen but now i have to swipe up to see them any advice? I tried the settings but i cant find anything.

    submitted by /u/ShinX207
    [link] [comments]

    Smartwatch will not keep connection to phone.

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 06:46 PM PDT

    I switched from AT&T to Cricket and have recently installed the Cricket sim card into my phone. I also have a Samsung Gear s3. I am able to pair the watch but it drops the connection after a minute. I tried factory reset on the watch and the same thing is happening. Did I miss a step? Please help.

    submitted by /u/eviltwin20995
    [link] [comments]

    How can I completer factory reset my phonr before selling it?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 09:49 PM PDT

    I wonder if there any things I should do before proceeding to factory reset so it will clear everything (my personal data) before I sell it. Thanks for help :)

    submitted by /u/Real_Bit_1633
    [link] [comments]

    Need help in choosing a custom ROM

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 09:33 PM PDT

    Hello kind people, I am a Redmi 6 pro user, my device is running on MIUI 11.0.7 with Android 9 pie. Been facing lag issues for quite some time(tried resetting n all). I think that a lighter UI might be what I need, so I have asked my friend to root my device.

    Anyway, i think getting suggestion from u guys who might have used custom ROM/s in the past might help. My preference would be to choose one which i would find snappy to use. Not a gaming guy I just stream movies, shows for recreation. PS I would be good with the lack of features but don't wanna sacrifice on apps being brutally assassinated in the background.

    submitted by /u/ferrocio
    [link] [comments]

    There is a notification sound but nothing comes out

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 03:27 PM PDT

    I have a s9 plus, I have been installing some applications lately to customize it (all from the play store) At some point, I don't know if this has started to happen related to this.

    submitted by /u/Celafo
    [link] [comments]

    Contents Hidden :( on lock screen

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 09:25 PM PDT

    Old phone died, so i got a new phone. Asus 5Q. I transferred data etc, but when the screen is locked i can't see notifications. Android 7.1.1

    I tried going into apps and Notifications but the options aren't there. Only ones i see are: 1. Hide sensitive notification content 2. Don't show notifications at all.

    Im at a loss, don't know what else to do. Please help

    submitted by /u/CryptoDanski
    [link] [comments]

    Pixel 4a / Pixel 5 or One Plus 8T? And why?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 01:40 PM PDT

    Google play music alternative

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 03:11 PM PDT

    Hey.

    I don't really know what to say other than this sucks

    And i need recommendations for a new music player app.

    I don't want a steaming service. I want to play my own Mp3's.

    So far everything I've tried, all highly rated apps like AIMP and Pi etc...

    Well, honestly they are ok. But they're not google play music, they don't seem to work very seamlessly with my Pixel and accessories, I tend to not like the interfaces, the ads, and how they seem to not be able to understand what is in my music folder and what is just an audio file in some random other folder in my phone.

    Honestly, i was hoping i could find something that isn't going to require massive effort on my part as far as sorting, and setting up...

    But I guess I have been using Google play music since I ditched apple in 2012 so i have actually put a lot of effort into my playlists over the years without realizing it.

    If I have to spend money on a music app it better be a good one. In 11 years of using smart phones i have never paid for an app.

    I'm so lost, and I barely care anymore. But I find myself listening to music a lot less these days, and when I do,i usually have to manually control it almost constantly...

    And I think it's a big part of the reason I have been so depressed the past few weeks since google play music crapped out on me.

    Why would they do this?

    submitted by /u/aStealthyWaffle
    [link] [comments]

    Weird item called 10354 has appeared on my device usage in my battery settings.

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 08:45 PM PDT

    No icon, just shows a little android on it. Nothing appearing in apps or anything. On a Pixel 4.

    submitted by /u/Orsus7
    [link] [comments]

    Two google services shown in permission manager?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 07:48 PM PDT

    Just noticed on android 11 that I have two instances of google services under permission manager . Could this due to me running parallel apps or something else ? Cheers

    http://imgur.com/gallery/YglkKjK

    submitted by /u/Knobson-dasilva
    [link] [comments]

    Unlocking bootloader without mobile data

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 08:49 AM PDT

    I use a Xiaomi Redmi 6A. I would like to root my phone, since I don't like the MIUI operating system. My phone is becoming old, so I want to use a lighter Android version, since it's quite laggy, even after factory reset. Therefore, I need to unlock the bootloader. I made all the steps without any problems, but I can't continue anymore. In fact, I need to use mobile data to associate my Mi Account to my device. The only problem is that I don't have any mobile data. I don't know if any solution exist. Maybe you have one ?

    submitted by /u/oignon_architecte
    [link] [comments]

    Bugged screen contrast

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 07:16 PM PDT

    Just got a poco X3 NFC and for no reason after some time or when open a certain app or chrome page the screen loses some color and gets a warmer tone. When lock then unlock the screen, the colors go back to normal as well as when changing the screen color scheme on miui 12 configs

    What's happening?

    submitted by /u/Chernobinho
    [link] [comments]

    Google Drive Won't Upload from Pixel 3

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 07:03 PM PDT

    Photos and videos I want to upload from my phone get stuck at "waiting to upload". Does anyone know a fix for this? It's happened on and off for years.

    submitted by /u/e-wizard
    [link] [comments]

    "Lacking storage booting" not showing in Android Recovery Mode for S9

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 06:47 PM PDT

    Hi, I'm having issues with recovery mode and I'm not sure what to do. My phone keeps saying to enable lacking storage booting but I can't find the option to enable it anywhere in the list of functions. I even looked on some youtube videos and online sites, and all the pictures I've seen of Samsung phone recovery mode have it so I'm not sure why mine isn't showing it. Please help me out, I'm not sure how I should enable it. I've tried restarting or rebooting the system many times, and nothing is changing. I've also wiped all the cache. I'd really rather not do a factory reset.

    submitted by /u/WhatAGuy59
    [link] [comments]

    No snapchat notification noise (pixel 3)

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 06:12 PM PDT

    So I have a google pixel 3 and I recently got it, after downloading snapchat I keep getting notifications but it doesnt make the custom noise that snapchat is known for, please help

    submitted by /u/oogway_____
    [link] [comments]

    No programs detect phone.

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 05:44 PM PDT

    Hello. I have an LG Stylo 4 and am trying to set it up to use with Droidcam.

    The issue is that no programs recognize the phone. It doesn't show up in the device list for Droidcam or Android Studio, and the LG mobile support tool doesn't detect the phone as being connected.

    The phone is visible in Windows and I can access the files fine.

    In Android Studio when I try to restart ADB it says "unable to locate ADB". The exe file is there.

    I have USB debugging on and everything works fine on my laptop but not my desktop.

    Please help and thank you.

    submitted by /u/Jowlss
    [link] [comments]

    Change System Navigation When Specific App Is Launched?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 05:02 PM PDT

    Just upgraded from a Pixel 2 to a Pixel 5 and there are a couple of apps where, if I have gesture based Navigation enabled, the bottom of the screen is barely responsive. This makes certain games (Golf Clash specifically) really difficult to use. If I switch back to the 3 button Navigation, the app works as intended. Is it possible to switch Navigation types based on launching a certain app and then back to gesture once I close the app? I used to use tasker a lot, but it's been a few years.

    submitted by /u/ffejeroni
    [link] [comments]

    Phone suddenly fuzzy on Tab

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 03:59 PM PDT

    I have a moto e4 , with android 7.1.1 and a security patch from July 2019. A few times a day when I am on the internet the tab I am browsing on ( I usually have 3 or four open) suddenly becomes fuzzy like tvs used to if the antenna got disturbed, or the scream suddenly has the home bar that's at the bottom of the scream with that image stacked and filling the rest of the screen. It kinda looks like a dvd skipping. Sometimes both happen in the same time right after each other. The image shows up on screen shots.

    Switching tabs usually fixes it or going to home screen and back or pressing the power button then unlocking again. Sometimes the other buttons freeze up when it's doing this.

    I've tried turning the phone on and off and forcing a restart but this still occurs multiple times.

    It happens both when connected to wifi or using the cell network. I've only had this phone a few months. My carrier is Tello.

    I hope I explained this well, I'm happy to give more infor if needed.

    submitted by /u/mememeeps
    [link] [comments]

    no system option in twrp install screen

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 03:10 PM PDT

    I've been trying to install a custom rom on my s6, and I've gotten as far as installing twrp and sticking the img file into the phone's storage. What I'm not getting is that next I'm apparently meant to flash this img onto the system partition, but there's no such option in the install dialog. Could anyone point me in a useful direction with this?

    submitted by /u/hywmn
    [link] [comments]

    Which Android FTP client supports the Modify Time (MFMT) command?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 11:16 AM PDT

    About the command: here.

    I would like to preserve date and time attribites when uploading files remotely.

    Is there any FTP client for Android that supports the MFMT (Modify Time) command?

    That time modification command would allow preserving the date/time file attribute.

    submitted by /u/ThrowAway237s
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel