• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Monday, February 10, 2020

    Xiaomi I wouldn't suggest running Android 10 on the Mi A2

    Xiaomi I wouldn't suggest running Android 10 on the Mi A2


    I wouldn't suggest running Android 10 on the Mi A2

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 11:53 AM PST

    I was happy to get Android 10 but after using it a few weeks it needs some work. Firstly there is some strange bug within WhatsApp that doesn't allow me to select media from my gallery and share it. Freezes the entire phone for like 20 seconds.

    Also the RAM management is now horrible. Before I could have multiple apps open and when I returned to them they were instantly right where I left them. Now when I go back to an app it does like a soft relaunch and in most cases resets whatever was on the screen. For example a fitness app with a 60 second countdown, no problem before to check an email or surf Instagram during the rest. Now if I leave the app when I come back it has reset as if I didn't do the set.

    The phone overall just feels buggier and stutters more. Can hope for a fix but I don't think Xiaomi likes Android One all that much so not holding my breath.

    submitted by /u/HODL4LAMBO
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for used xiaomi

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 01:08 PM PST

    Hey I am currently looking for an used phone. My eyes are at Mi8 Lite but maybe there's something better out there? I don't use my phone for any demanding apps and I don't play games. Thanks!

    Edit: My budget is around 150$.

    submitted by /u/Gate4u
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else having difficulty keeping the system launcher set as default?

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 12:42 PM PST

    This is a bit strange, but for some reason I can't seem to keep the system launcher set as default when I have another launcher installed. I go to Settings - Apps - Manage Apps - Default Apps and then set the system launcher as default (the only other launcher I have is Lawnchair.)

    This seems to stick until I reboot the phone - the system launcher loads, but then when I press the home button or try to open settings, it asks me again which launcher I would like to set as default. Even if I click "Remember my choice" the next time I reboot it does the same thing.

    The weirdest part is, it only does this when I'm trying to use the system launcher as default - if I set Lawnchair to be my default launcher, it remembers my choice after I restart my phone.

    Anyone else experiencing this? I can resolve the issue by uninstalling Lawnchair, but I'd prefer not to - settings should just remember my choice of launcher after each reboot, right?

    submitted by /u/CommieColin
    [link] [comments]

    Android System battery drain

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 12:58 PM PST

    [MIUI 10, MI 9T Pro] Everytime when I unplug my phone from a charger "Android System" takes ~60% of battery usage, later it settles a little bit and stays on a ~16% which is quite normal. Is it normal? I've noticed that it immidiately (approx.15 minutes) consumes 1% of battery. I would really appreciate it if you would check your usage right after unplugging from a charger.

    submitted by /u/sntr_
    [link] [comments]

    Mi 10 official renders

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 10:55 PM PST

    [PH] Do update recalls happen? (9T)

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 07:39 PM PST

    A few days ago, I got the notification for update for MIUI 11 based on Android 10. I really wanted this update, but our WiFi was having issues that time so I ignored it since updating that time would eat up my mobile data.

    Today, our WiFi connection was fixed. I hurriedly tried to update, but it doesn't show anything anymore. It tells me that I am on the latest version which is MIUI based on Android 9.

    So, thread title, does it happen?

    **Unfortunately, I don't have a screenshot for when the phone tried to push an update.

    submitted by /u/ReinKittenstouch
    [link] [comments]

    Question for Mi9T Pro users.

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 05:03 PM PST

    How well is camera quality in apps such as snapchat, facebook, instagram etc. Is it using 60fps(video) mode, or regular camera mode? Can you switch lenses(cameras) in app?

    submitted by /u/nikolicn
    [link] [comments]

    Can't get Miui 11, can't take screenshots and SD pictures not appearing in gallery

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 01:12 PM PST

    I try to download Miui 11 and it says I don't have enough space even though I have a 64Gb SD card and 17Gb free. Also says unable to capture screenshots when I try. Finally when I download and image from Google it goes to my SD but doesn't appear in my gallery and I can't find it.

    submitted by /u/WitherHunter2
    [link] [comments]

    Sleep/Screen Lock Timer

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 09:30 PM PST

    I'm having problems with my Mi 9T going to sleep even though I changed the sleep settings. It always goes to sleep in 10 seconds regardless if I put it from 15 seconds to 10 minutes.

    submitted by /u/Sjanchez
    [link] [comments]

    HELPP!!

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 09:27 PM PST

    I want to buy POCO X2/Redmi K30 from outside india but it seems it is not getting released soon.

    and i want to buy it till March 2.

    Any help?

    submitted by /u/Saddam78610
    [link] [comments]

    Chrome giving me the seizures. Does anyone else have this problem? I'm using Android 10 in my Pocophone.

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 08:50 AM PST

    Apps like Instagram/Snapchat forcing pictures taken in the app to night mode.

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 05:25 PM PST

    As seen on https://imgur.com/gallery/PvaogaV, my Instagram app seems to be forcing taken pictures into night mode. Is there any way to prevent this from happening, since on my old phone (Samsung Galaxy J7) I used to take pictures with instagram instead of the regular camera app?

    Edit: Forgot to add, currently using a Redmi Note 8 Pro

    submitted by /u/Everlon17
    [link] [comments]

    Xiaomi Mijia 1c 2 in 1 sweeping mopping robot

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 07:55 PM PST

    I just bought it. It just did its first cleaning session and I'd like to gush about how good it is.

    Connecting to the phone app was easy. I had to manually connect my phone to the robot's WiFi during the initial setup but the rest of the setup process was smooth. Once setup is complete, the robot will connect to home wifi network each time it is switched on.

    I basically used the app to configure sweeping power (5 settings I believe). Took like 2 minutes to figure out how to add water for the mopping module, and off it goes with the touch of the start button within the app.

    Cleaning was done in 45 min or so and I was really impressed by how intelligent the robot is. It was able to plot a floorplan of the entire area including one of the bedrooms that I opened the door of which to let the robot go in and explore. Total of 450 sq feet according to the app.

    With the floor plan it was able to pretty much cover every bit of the area. A very nice touch was its ability to do a "victory lap" of the edges of the floorplan as a final step before somehow finding it's way back to the docking station. So even the edges are clean.

    Next time I will add floor cleaning solution to the tank instead of just plain water.

    The only thing that needs to be done in advance is to move chairs and other movable objects away from the area. Permanent fixtures like dining table etc are okay, it seems to be intelligent enough to work it's way around those.

    Very good buy. 45 more minutes to do something else while it does its thing. But you do need to spend time cleaning the robot itself once in a while (emptying dust bin, cleaning mopping mat, cleaning the roller scrapers etc etc. Maybe 10 min each week).

    submitted by /u/seemebreakthis
    [link] [comments]

    My mi9t pro has an oled display problem (I think)

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 07:45 AM PST

    Idk if this is normal in an oled screen cuz it's my first time to have a phone with oled display. So this usually happen when the brightness is low, and it's on dark mode (or the app is on dark theme). When I scroll, there is a dark blue trail on the white text on a black background or a light picture on a dark background. Is that normal?

    submitted by /u/jamezandrew
    [link] [comments]

    Android 10 for the MI 9 lite

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 04:20 AM PST

    Does anyone know when the Android 10 update is ready for the MI 9 lite? It already runs MI UI 11 but its still based on Android 9.

    submitted by /u/John_paradox
    [link] [comments]

    Phone starts randomly calling

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 08:32 AM PST

    I got a Xioami Mi A3 2 months ago. One week before I started experiencing a weird issue. Someone calls me, I pick up, have a conversation and after hanging up (doesn't matter if it's me or the person on the other side) the phone starts ringing again and it becomes basically unresponsive, I can only restart it. Same scenario happens when I call someone and the second person hangs up or I do. This also happens when someone calls me and I hang up without picking up. Was there any update or something that could cause this problem or is it a hardware issue? Thankx for replies.

    submitted by /u/svikino98
    [link] [comments]

    How long have you been using Redmi 5?

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 11:12 AM PST

    Hey guys! I'm just curious - how long have you been using your Redmi 5? What disadvantages can you point out? And how long are you planning to use it until you move to a newer model?

    I have Redmi 5 (Global version, 3GB RAM, Android 8.1, MIUI 11.0.2). I've been using it for 1,5 year. The phone works slower than it used to be, but still manageable. Hope to use it 1,5 year more.

    submitted by /u/Pierwszy_raz
    [link] [comments]

    Seperate set call and notification sounds?

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 04:42 PM PST

    Hi I would like to have the phone's call sound on while notification sounds being off. How can I achieve this? There is no seperately set sound settings between them. Got MIUI 11. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/karasahin
    [link] [comments]

    Redmi note 7 pro WiFi issue

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 03:55 PM PST

    Hello all, I am posting this thread in the hope that someone might be able to help. I have tried to look for a solution my self with no luck.

    The issue a bit difficult to describe but I will do my best.

    Basically very often I get random loss of connection on whilst using WiFi,. To be clear, the connection doesn't appear to be lost, the WiFi symbol appears active but the speed drops to zero. This can last up to 5 min. This is very annoying for example on video calls or while watching streaming/videos. This happens with all my apps, on different networks and even on a different devices ( same model) So it has to be a software issue somewhere.

    Apparently, googling around it looks like this is very common but all the solutions I have stumbled upon so far didn't work. Also, there is one thing that almost all of the countless posts I have seen, never mention. So I was wondering if a more expert person can use this as possible clue and a possible solution:

    I have noticed that if I get a WiFi loss whilst using an app I just need to close it, completely, and re open it and the signal comes back full strength. So for example if I am calling on WhatsApp, and I get disconnected I just need to close it, open recent menu and close it there too, relaunch and it works. Similarly if I open FB and see that it is not loading I just close it and reopen it and it loads instantly.

    Is there a reason this? This is what I have tried so far with no luck: factory reset, forget network, change DNS, battery saver check. But it looks like the only solution so far is close down and reopen the app.

    As this is extremely annoying does anyone else have this issue or a possible idea? Thanks and apologies for bad English, not native language

    submitted by /u/Neryl
    [link] [comments]

    Which version of Mi 9T Pro to get?

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 06:07 AM PST

    So as the title says, I'm buying a Mi 9T Pro this week and I'm just wondering, should I go with the 6gb or 8gb RAM? Am I going to notice the difference of the extra 2gb? I don't do any gaming on my phone, so it's essentially a social media, music and youtube device for me.

    submitted by /u/MFNoire
    [link] [comments]

    [Mi 9T] Google Pay disabled again because ctsProfile check fails

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 03:09 PM PST

    Hey everyone, I just got an Android WebView update and now Google Pay fails on my 9T because the ctsProfile check fails. I've upgraded Magisk to latest but no dice, does anyone know how I can fix this?

    submitted by /u/Poromenos
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any chance that xiaomi might intensionally slow down phones when u update it, just like apple?

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 03:06 PM PST

    Anyone having same issue? (Apps don't resume, even if minimized for a short time) Note: "don't keep activities" in developer mode is disabled. Model: Mi A2 Lite, Android 9.0

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 03:00 PM PST

    My phone keeps being woke ?

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 02:19 PM PST

    Hi. I own a Mi 9T and I noticed that my phone is contantly being waken up while I'm not using. I want to know if this is normal and if not how can I fix it.

    Printscreen of awake and screen time: https://prntscr.com/r0fb6t

    submitted by /u/nuckhouse
    [link] [comments]

    Play Store on my chinese-edition Redmi Note 8

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 02:17 PM PST

    Hi, everyone! My mom gave me a Redmi Note 8 as a gift, but apparently she bought the chinese-edition... It has plenty of weird chinese apps I've never heard about and I have no clue about what I can do. I read a lot of sites and topics on Reddit, but I'm still very confused (especially with the endless models of different Xiaomi phones, each one with its own specifications), so it would be great if someone here could help me with installing western apps on my new phone. Thanks! :)

    submitted by /u/LeFilsdeBelleville
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel