• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Monday, February 10, 2020

    How can I disable these annoying messages from Google play? Android Help

    How can I disable these annoying messages from Google play? Android Help


    How can I disable these annoying messages from Google play?

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 09:24 AM PST

    This pops up every time, I have disabled all automatic updates and all forms of notification I could find but these new ones started some time ago and I can't find a setting to disable them.

    submitted by /u/NeOldie
    [link] [comments]

    [Android 10] When "Overview" button is pressed, dock icons change to recent apps - how do I change this?

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 12:01 PM PST

    I just noticed this after updating my andoid to 10.0.

    Now when I press the overview button, my 4 icons on the bottom dock change to 5 recently opened apps. This is so annoying and not how this used to function. Please tell me there is a setting to change it back to how it used to work where the 4 dock icons would always be there?

    Here are screenshots showing what I mean.

    Home screen https://i.imgur.com/9IWSxMx.jpg

    When I press the Overview button https://i.imgur.com/jpYhtAN.jpg

    submitted by /u/shootflexo
    [link] [comments]

    Moisture in charging port

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 08:40 AM PST

    Last week I spilled some water on the carpet and some of it spilled on my charger without me even realizing. I was getting the moisture in charging port issue then, but managed to solve it and haven't had any problems with it for around four days or so. But last night my phone didn't charge and today I'm getting the error again, though it's charging fine now. Do I need to be worried about this?

    submitted by /u/revolverlolicon
    [link] [comments]

    OS updates on international devices?

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 02:53 AM PST

    I'm seriously considering purchasing a Galaxy A71, and if it is not released in South Korea (where I live) then I may purchase an international unlocked device and import it. My question is, will this device receive OS / security updates? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/chevro1et
    [link] [comments]

    Netflix Problem

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 08:38 PM PST

    Is it normal that Netflix (Download from the Google Store) does not work on the Galaxy S8 Plus (Rooted)?

    submitted by /u/Zanza_Prime
    [link] [comments]

    How to completely shut down and restart Bluetooth service?

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 12:40 PM PST

    My bluetooth occasionally gets stuck in some weird state. It slows down the phone until I do a reboot, and sometimes I need to reboot a second time, getting a popup about Bluetooth having filed after the first reboot.

    Deep in settings I found "Reset Wi-Fi, Mobile data, Bluetooth." And it demands my password before continuing. This scares me with that it might reset besides Bluetooth.

    Essential running Android 10, 5-Feb-2020 security patch level.

    submitted by /u/danweber
    [link] [comments]

    Fast charger

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 08:10 PM PST

    If I have a 50W fast charger brick can I use any charging cable without the risk of fire even if I charge my phone overnight?

    submitted by /u/sohn_
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to scale Quick settings panel to use full screen width in high DPI settings?

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 07:50 PM PST

    Hi AskAndroid, is it possible to make the quick settings panel to use full screen width for high Dpi settings (smallest width: 699dp, Android 10)? It doesn't scale after breaching the 589dp custom width setting. Panel not using entire 100% screen width

    submitted by /u/rradix
    [link] [comments]

    Cant seem to root my moto e4 (7.1.1)

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 07:01 PM PST

    I got a new phone awhile back and want to try rooting my old one (moto e4) mostly for fun and the experience. Though I have run into the problem that no root application works, they all end with either failure or just load forever. I have tried kingo root, and a few others, and contacted kingo roots support for help as well.

    The phone's bootloader is as of now unlocked, though haven't been able to dig anywhere in the routing process.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/HexonyxDirge
    [link] [comments]

    What is going on with my battery lately?

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 06:34 PM PST

    It'll go dead at random times, sometimes at 80% most of the time at 60-65 it has done this every day for the past month, When it does this I'll plug it in and it'll suddenly be back at the percentage it was at when it shut off. I've included a picture in the comments of a screenshot i took when I turned it back on after it went down at 90%.

    submitted by /u/SortaFunny599
    [link] [comments]

    Trouble transferring music files from laptop to phone

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 02:46 PM PST

    Hi everyone. I just got a new Android phone (Archos Oxygen 63) and am having trouble transferring music files from my laptop, which uses Windows 10. Transferring images, documents or PDFs works without a problem, but when I try to transfer MP3 files my laptop shows an error notification that translates to: "Can't copy - The apparatus doesn't respond anymore or the connection has been interrupted". Can anyone help?

    submitted by /u/dylanluthor
    [link] [comments]

    Background image changes automatically

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 12:29 PM PST

    I noticed some really weird thing going on on my Honor View 10, EMUI 9.1.0, Android 9.

    For a few days my background has been changing automatically about once a day. It appears to be images from NASA??? I do not have saved any of those in my gallery.

    Examples

    I have already run Kaspersky anti virus several times without any result.

    submitted by /u/tksle
    [link] [comments]

    What does this mean fetch and activate succeeded.

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 02:38 PM PST

    For over a day now I keep seeing "fetch and activate succeeded" and I don't know what it is or how to stop it please help

    submitted by /u/swordarama
    [link] [comments]

    How to use Google apps with VPN on? (Android 10)

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 06:06 PM PST

    I am using VPN because Google apps only work via proxied connections but recently all of the Google apps stop working if I have the VPN mode on (if I switch to NAT mode they works). I think Google detects VPN and disable its apps' network requests.

    submitted by /u/aerowindwalker
    [link] [comments]

    Flashing Android 10 update to unlocked Verizon Galaxy S10+ while MetroPCS service?

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 02:18 PM PST

    Hello all,

    if I download the most recent USA USC android 10 update for the the model of my phone, will I have to take it back up to the MetroPCS store in order to had to have to the MetroPCS store flash my phone in order to use it on their service. ($35 dollar charge)

    if I download the most recent USA USC android 10 update for the model of my phone, will I have to take it back up to the MetroPCS store in order to use it on their service and pay them to flash it again ?

    also one last thing,

    Since my phone is originally a Verizon phone, do I need to flash the Verizon version of the update or will I be safe installing the one I mentioned?

    Link to Firmware i mentioned for my phone. Confused about which one I need?

    https://www.sammobile.com/samsung/galaxy-s10-plus/firmware/#SM-G975U

    submitted by /u/Farsidethinking
    [link] [comments]

    Dropped my phone, now it doesn't boot

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 10:30 AM PST

    Dropped my HTC U Ultra from a waist level, not a scratch, charging still works, but it is unable to boot. I am stuck at "HTC Powered by android"

    I can enter the recovery mode though. I tried wiping the cache partition, also did a factory reset, no change.

    Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/_BEKFAST
    [link] [comments]

    'Fetch and activate succeeded' message help.

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 02:11 PM PST

    Yesterday I noticed this message pop up on my phone, it's the kind that briefly shows on the homescreen without any way to interact with it. I've seen it 5 or 6 times in total now.

    I have no idea what it means, Googling it was no help but I saw a few mentions of 'remote access' which has me concerned.
    Can anyone tell me what this is. Do I have a problem here?

    Thanks

    Edit: Factory resetting didn't help, still getting it.

    submitted by /u/Matt4045
    [link] [comments]

    Unable to select network (maybe offtopic)

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 02:10 PM PST

    Whenever I try A10 custom ROM on my phone I get this weird issue where I can't disable automatic network search (carrier) and I end up being in roaming mode because I live on the border. I tried like 3 ROMs (clean flashed) and same issue happens.

    Just a couple of other reported the same issue but it frustrates me the most because I'm out of network most of the time. I know that the best thing to do is go back on stock because it's working there, but I'd really appreciate if someone can throw some tips at me.

    By the way, yes, I contacted devs and they don't see the issue, and yes, SIMs works fine. Thank you in advance for your help!

    submitted by /u/gruber008
    [link] [comments]

    Reddit doesn't work on 90Hz

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 05:46 PM PST

    Right now I'm using Boost because the default app seems to not run on 90Hz. Is there anyway to fix it without ADB?

    submitted by /u/tennisfanBRAWLSTARS
    [link] [comments]

    Issue with LG Tribute 2

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 05:35 PM PST

    I got my Tribute 2 a few years back, put it in storage and pulled it out to look around it. There is a jump between Error 1006 and Authentication Error #9. I have tried the power and volume down button, as well as the volume and power up button.

    Nothing seems to be working.

    submitted by /u/purpleneptune
    [link] [comments]

    Lost Android phone (Mobile data OFF)

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 05:35 PM PST

    Is there a way to remotely turn on mobile data so that I could track it?

    submitted by /u/soordi30
    [link] [comments]

    Pixel 4 and 4 XL still not worth getting?

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 08:48 AM PST

    Looking to upgrade from my original Pixel XL which has lasted me quite a few good years. I'm on Google Fi and i'm interested in switching to the latest pixel models because I've enjoyed the original Pixel XL quite a bit, but I'm just seeing a ton of very negative reviews for the Pixel 4. Has Google made any fixes to the battery life and bugs? Is it better to go for the Pixel 3a instead?

    submitted by /u/diablopabloIRL
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to open app A, app B, then app C at once (or one after another)?

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 04:19 PM PST

    I'm just too lazy to tap multiple apps one by one. I know on iphones they have a thing called "shortcut" that automate this sort of thing but how about android?

    submitted by /u/SadWorld9
    [link] [comments]

    How to film with front and back camera at the same time? (Mobile as a 360°Dashcam)

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 08:15 AM PST

    Hi i want to use my Galaxy A5 2017 as a front and back dashcam. Are there Apps for it you can recommend, that allow you to use both cameras at the same time?

    submitted by /u/DrPinguin_
    [link] [comments]

    fresh install android chooses wrong restore backup even with correct PIN. Can i force it?

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 03:37 PM PST

    reset an android running latest android 10 and during intital setup the phone is not restoring from the correct backup in Google Drive.

    In Google drive there are 2 backups with the same name. One is the older one that has all the call history, device settings, etc. and the second newer one was created after the phone was reset with no device settings, call history, etc.

    I tried erasing the 2nd backup from google drive before doing a new reset and initial setup but it did not choose the correct backup. I used the correct PIN also.

    How do i force the correct backup to be restored?

    submitted by /u/jumblegook
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel