• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Wednesday, February 5, 2020

    Windows 10 search bar not working - Solved Windows Help

    Windows 10 search bar not working - Solved Windows Help


    Windows 10 search bar not working - Solved

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 06:17 AM PST

    Windows start menu is grayed out.

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 06:55 PM PST

    Windows start menu is grayed out.

    My windows start menu randomly turned gray when I opened it, I can't type or do anything in it. Can someone please help me out because I use the start menu a lot.

    https://preview.redd.it/liuk0zyfx7f41.png?width=650&format=png&auto=webp&s=edf26c33adf80487550cd1ffd3e69ebe2bb49ee4

    submitted by /u/ImMakingCake
    [link] [comments]

    I want to dual boot, windows 7 and 10 but I have a couple questions first.

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 07:37 PM PST

    1. If I install windows 10 onto a partition or seperate HDD to my win 7, IF something goes wrong with 10 and I need to start again such as a format or simple reinstall, would I lose everything on that drive/HDD? (I assume it's just the partition that would need to be wiped, but just making sure).
    2. I know my PC is Win10 compatable, are there any risks I should know about? (either with future upgrades or in case of any issues).
    3. Will I still be able o have windows 7 or will it force me to load only the one OS?
    4. What is the most user friendly version and most controllable version of Windows 10 I can use? (I know that there are some versions that have settings you can turn off in pro I think?)
    5. Can I install games from my steam library on 10 that are on 7 already, or will it think it is already installed?
    6. Are any of the files accessable from one to the other? (from 7 to 10 etc).
    7. I almost always only see help threads on here and that worries me about installing this OS, will my install of windows 7 be safe on the same PC? (I hope not to have to utterly destroy my entire PC just because windows 10 bricks an update or some crap).

    Lastly, please, if anything about my questions is ill informed DO TELL ME, it might help my worries calm down about this... upgrade.

    submitted by /u/Zozyman
    [link] [comments]

    Windows keeps removing programs from startup

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 02:49 PM PST

    I noticed recently that sometimes a couple of my programs keeps getting removed from the startup list randomly, has anyone been experiencing this lately as well and is there any known fix to stop windows from auto removing stuff from my start up?

    I've also noticed that programs that usually get removed is Flux, Google Drive Sync, Displayfusion and Logitech G Hub.

    submitted by /u/CoDog
    [link] [comments]

    App for use with Lenovo Active Pen

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 08:36 PM PST

    So I recently purchased a Lenovo Flex 14, and just got the active pen to go with it. I want to find an app that lets me do the following... (Windows 10)

    1. Take notes in my own handwriting, and then save it to my preferred location (Onedrive).
    2. Open PDFs or images from my preferred location (Onedrive), "scribble" on them, and then save as a new file, preserving the original.

    Ideally, I would like this to be a free app, but I don't mind spending up to $20 for something which fits my needs.

    Any thoughts?

    submitted by /u/Illuminator007
    [link] [comments]

    Switched Domains on IIS and Getting 403 Error.

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 11:22 AM PST

    Hello,

    So I switched domains for my website and changed the bindings on IIS to match the new domain. I'm now getting a 403 error and can't access anything now. This is what the error says,

    "

    403 - Forbidden: Access is denied.

    You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied.

    "

    Thanks,

    -Josh

    submitted by /u/RealJoshLee0
    [link] [comments]

    BSOD Image Location

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 08:06 PM PST

    Does anybody know where the BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death) Image is located on the C:\ drive?

    submitted by /u/TheXDDrawer
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a powerful programming laptop that is not infested with bloatware

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 07:46 PM PST

    At work we either can use MacBook Pros or Windows laptops.

    As I am working in the financial sector, a crap load of security and compliance painware are installed on our laptops. This has turned my 2-3 year old MBP painfully slow. Our Windows laptops are mainly for our BAs and have even lower specs.

    No offense, but if I could, I would have switched to Linux instead of Windows, but that's not an option here.

    So, I am looking for:

    • A Windows laptop that can support up to 64GB RAM
    • Ideally with AMD graphics (and bonus points if it comes with high-end Ryzen 4000 CPUs)
    • Bloatware (Office, McAfee, Norton, etc.) free
    • Average (not thin, not bulky) build
    • Ideally with the option of installing 2-3 M.2 SSDs in RAID-0
    • 15" or 16" with 4K display (OLED a plus. 500+ nits a plus)
    • Without features that probably won't work with Linux (e.g. Windows Hello, fingerprint sensor, etc)

    Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/Algorithmopolus
    [link] [comments]

    Windows XP on a new laptop

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 07:29 PM PST

    Is it possible to install Windows XP in a brand new windows 10 laptop? Asking cuz my dad isn't tech savvy for the newer versions

    submitted by /u/ucrfunk
    [link] [comments]

    I need help with AOMEI Backupper and .adi files

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 01:11 AM PST

    I needed to format my computer files and I did a backup of all my files with backupper. But I am very new with the program.

    It seems that I succesfully made a backup of everything, but I really wish to be able to explore the adi file so I can keep what I need and erase the rest for good. But I have no idea how.

    In my attempt it seems that I mounted the adi file (I think) into a bunch of virtual disk files. So now besides the original OS (C) of windows, I also have OS (K), Recovery (M) System (I) and so on. How do I take them out without delating my original adi file that has all my documents?

    submitted by /u/sunstart2y
    [link] [comments]

    Black screen with cursor. (ctrl+alt+del doesnt work)

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 02:27 PM PST

    I get this when i boot up my pc. The hard restart worked at first but then today it happened again. Im getting scared that there's something badly wrong. I am doing a full scan with malware bytes praying that it will stop it. I also updated my gpu drivers. I got my pc recently. And from what i could tell the amd software must've been years out of date. Has anyone gotten this. I don't want to wake up tomorrow to a black screen. Ill update you if i get it again.

    submitted by /u/Rickback37
    [link] [comments]

    My computer closes all windows but doesn't blue screen.

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 11:49 AM PST

    This has gone on for ages and I don't know what to do! I've restarted multiple times and nothing changes. I need help now.

    submitted by /u/oswald25
    [link] [comments]

    Recovering Disks Mirrored in Windows Disk Management

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 09:00 AM PST

    Recovering Disks Mirrored in Windows Disk Management

    Hi,

    I have a problem, that could become critical, so I want to ask for some assistance. I don't want to accidentally click the wrong button. :)

    About half a year ago I bought two 5tb hdds. I intended to use them as a RAID 1 backup solution. I tried it UEFI first, but run into some problems.

    Instead I set the disks up as mirrored volumes in windows disk management. It worked well, but the disks turned out to be extremely noisy. Web searching told me, that It's a common problem with that model, and that they also tend to die very often.

    They contain all my creative data, so I decided to play save and bought two other disks. (10tb Yeah!) That's when the real trouble started:

    The thing is: I forgot, that the 5TB were mirrored in Windows instead of being a classic RAID.The plan was to add the two 10TBs to my rig, set them up as RAID 1, copy everything from the 5TB RAID to the new 10TB raid and then remove the 5TB disks.

    So I naively started to setup the new RAID in UEFI, did run in the same problems again as with the 5TBs but this time found another solution involving disconnecting all other drives, then creating the RAID and then reconnecting all other drives. It worked, but I hat no access to all my other drives afterwards. I did some tryal and error by disconnecting and reconnecting different disk (including both RAIDs, but when nothing worked I reversed the process.

    Back in windows the old 5TB RAID didn't work anymore. Looking at the volumes in disk management brought back the memory of using windows mirroring instead of RAID. :/

    The road took me into the console using the tool DISKPART. The volume was marked as mirrored so selected it. What I got from listing the disks got me a way more complicated result than I was expecting from the tutorial I was using.

    https://preview.redd.it/411yfg4gx4f41.png?width=1988&format=png&auto=webp&s=6c055d04ea8719511fc0f494d2636ada32210275

    https://preview.redd.it/q0p7askc55f41.png?width=2564&format=png&auto=webp&s=b5bd5bfef2f142d385b52f04699a262e94548b18

    Could anyone who feels a little more at home in the realms of this stuff just roughly walk me through how they would go on from here? I don't really know what I am looking at anymore. :) Thanks.

    submitted by /u/ChnuckiErdbeer
    [link] [comments]

    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 19559 for Fast

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 10:04 AM PST

    custom cursor pics?

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 04:58 PM PST

    custom cursor pics?

    is there ANY way that i can make my cursor a picture of pickle rick that i downloaded?

    the picture

    submitted by /u/OneSaltyBoi110
    [link] [comments]

    Having to replace my motherboard, how can I not reinstall Windows 10?

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 04:47 PM PST

    Wireless Display - poor performance.

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 10:28 AM PST

    Wireless Display - poor performance.

    I am trying to setup my 2 in 1 - thinkpad x1 Tablet gen 3 to use it as a pen display with my main desktop PC. Although my effort is thwarted by low performance and pen recognition issues. Overall windows smoothness seems to be dropping on every screen (i have 2 monitor setup) after launching and connecting WiDi. System is really choppy, and video application or even youtube videos seem to lag and the pen input has some problems with recognition (drawing works just fine except for pressure latency) - pen problems might be due to resolution drop though.

    About my setup:

    • PC:
      • Windows 10 64bit student edition
      • Ryzen 2700x on X470 asus prime pro
      • 16 gigs of ram
      • Geforce GTX 1070ti
      • gigabyte GC-WB1733D-I wireless expansion card
    • Laptop:
      • Windows 10 64bit Pro edition
      • I7 8650u Vpro
      • 16 gigs of RAM
      • Bamboo Ink plus stylus

    Laptop is set to performance, i tried using both stock and custom intel GPU drivers. The power is ofc - plugged in. I have setup custom resolution (1920x1280) for Thinkpad on my main PC in hope of decreasing the amount of data that has to be sent, but this did not help at all. I am running out of ideas, except that it might be that some of the hardware dislike this setup. I Heard that Surface Devices generally have good performance with WiDI/miracast, but have no Surface on hand to test this.

    I am gonna try and contact MS about this, but they're closed for now. Man i'd love to jsut have Astropad for Windows or at least possibility of plugging in USB-C (thunderbolt) cable from the laptop to the PC

    Anybody got any past experiences with such setup? Cheers.

    PC's performance during miracast.

    Thinkpad's performance during Miracast

    Thinkpad's performance after dropping wireless display connection

    submitted by /u/Soldiumek
    [link] [comments]

    What version of Windows 10 do I even need? There are so many!

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 02:42 PM PST

    Hi.

    I'm upgrading my PC and bought all the parts. I just need a Windows Home version. All I do is game, music, and mess around on this. My work computer has all the Office and whatnot, but I like my computer simple.

    What version do I need? I see these Flash/Download FPP OEM etc!

    What's the normal stripped down version?

    Also...does anyone have a guess how long Windows 10 will be a thing? Windows 7 was so nice :(

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/FAINT_BUTTHOLE_SMELL
    [link] [comments]

    Most of my programs are not in notification list

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 01:15 PM PST

    Most of my programs don't show up in the "get notifications from these senders" list in the notifications and actions settings.

    submitted by /u/Spazmatism_Eye
    [link] [comments]

    Can't drag, drop or mark with left mouse key

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 12:38 PM PST

    This started earlier today.

    The clicking still works with no issues, but everything that requires holding the left mouse key down has stopped working. I searched online and found many solutions, none of which worked for me. Restart explorer.exe, DISM command, changing EnableLUA in registry settings etc. I suspected it had to do with a windows update, so I restored my computer to a point about a week ago, which didn't solve it either.

    I have a temporary fix by switching which mouse key is the primary, but that's not optimal...

    Has anyone else had this? If so, please help!

    submitted by /u/Eomyst
    [link] [comments]

    Coming Back To Windows After A Years...

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 08:42 AM PST

    So I've been a Mac user for the last 10 years or so. Vista literally broke me. I hated it. But I was fooling around with W10 at a Microsoft store today while my girlfriends kid bought an Xbox game and I was pretty sold. I grabbed a Razer Stealth 13 in White. I have it connected to my eGPU and that's connected to my monitor via Displayport 1.4.

    I have display "2" set as the primary display which is my monitor. When I close the laptop though the thing goes to sleep. On macOS when you close the lid the thing just instantly switches to the external display. What the hell am I doing wrong here? lol

    submitted by /u/DoomWafflez
    [link] [comments]

    WSL 2

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 06:29 AM PST

    my windows build doesn't meet the criteria to enable WSL 2. I am currently using WSL. I am also a member of the insider program. How do I upgrade to WSL 2 ?

    submitted by /u/KhaithangH
    [link] [comments]

    What is the most cost-effective way to run SQL and Windows Server in the cloud?

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 05:09 AM PST

    kinda worryed

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 08:15 AM PST

    so i think you all know about that security flaw that was discoverd a while ago that let software pretend its verified by microsoft (or something like that)
    and i think i might have downloaded some suspecious stuff (a minecraft mod that did not exist)
    BEFORE the update that fixed it was released
    so whould windows defender know about it after updating or is there a random virus living in the dephs of my pc just waiting to do something bad?
    (btw i did run some stuff like CCcleaner and got some help for my brother to delete all the trash in my pc, also there doest seem to be any extra program running in the task manager)

    submitted by /u/ElectricKitty11
    [link] [comments]

    Update didn't take and went on a restart loop

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 07:47 AM PST

    Windows 10, on a 5yo Lenovo laptop forced an update (I'd been delaying since there was barely enough space for it, but I'd finally managed to make some and then one night it auto updated) Cut to, trying to get it to start and getting a "Undoing Changes" message and a black screen with a cursor that I can move but does nothing. I tried everything in the book to get it to fix itself. Every Fn key or combo I could find, Esc, Enter, Hard Rebooting Thrice in a row and Twice in a row, Even used the "Novo" button to try and reset it, but won't work, I think the button itself is broken. Had to take out the HDD to change bios settings, otherwise it would always just go to the "Undoing Changes" page. Changed bios settings to read the USB Recovery drive I got my brother to make for me from his Windows 10, but it won't load windows recovery from that as long as the HDD is in, and if its out, it cant do anything or make any changes. Changed the UEFI to Legacy settings in the Bios and put the USB first in the load order. Since then all it does is show me this screen: https://i.imgur.com/2r59kW1.jpg "File \Boot\BCD Error Code 0xc0000098" And nothing else. Won't budge. Can't even access the Bios anymore.

    I also just got a SATA to USB 3.0 adapter for its HDD so I can connect that to another laptop and fix windows from there if possible, but I have no clue how and at this point, I've only been making the problem worse so I'm worried about doing anything.

    Any input would be appreciated at this point.

    submitted by /u/navigatorism
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel