• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Friday, February 14, 2020

    PSA The chrome web store has a fake version of Vysor and won't let you find the real one Android Apps

    PSA The chrome web store has a fake version of Vysor and won't let you find the real one Android Apps


    PSA The chrome web store has a fake version of Vysor and won't let you find the real one

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 10:34 AM PST

    When looking for a way to cast my android screen onto my PC I found out about Vysor through this Reddit and decided to have a look at it on the chrome web store and I found that not only is there a fake version of Vysor on the chrome web store, but also that you cannot find the real version of Vysor through the chrome web store's search function but that this fake version may, be a form of malware.

    The fake one can be found in the link below and is run by primerovanina6
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/vysorio/cflpcfiicnoegfhfmkciagoanfidpeac

    The real Vysor can be found in these links
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/vysor/gidgenkbbabolejbgbpnhbimgjbffefm

    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.koushikdutta.vysor&hl=en_GB

    Do not be scammed, don't let others be scammed and don't let the pirates win.

    submitted by /u/Dark_but_Good
    [link] [comments]

    Flipboard only has dark mode for ios?

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 05:41 AM PST

    Anyone know how to get dark mode on Android for Flipboard?

    It seems odd that they only released it for the ios interface.

    submitted by /u/Smoothie17
    [link] [comments]

    Google drive "cannot play this video"

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 05:21 AM PST

    Not sure if right place. I tried opening a movie yesterday and it worked fine but today it says "cannot play this video". I already tried restarting my device, and clearing the cache. Not sure if theres any other advice I can get

    submitted by /u/throwawawaccountttt
    [link] [comments]

    New version of Coronavirus Statistics

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 07:38 AM PST

    Recently I created a post about my app "Coronavirus Statistics". It got dozens of comments from different people. Since then I implemented a lot of features - added live map, chart with historical data, date of the last update. With help of you I improved design a lot, removed features that people didn't like, fixed crashes on some devices and described where is the data taken from. Please update to the latest version!

    Last weeks there were created a lot of similar apps in Google Play, but with help of reddit's community my app is still first and doesn't lose its position. I even got noticed in several android podcasts! Thank you all!

    submitted by /u/ruslan5t
    [link] [comments]

    Android Auto app - no longer auto-launches

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 04:47 AM PST

    Ever since I upgraded to a Pixel 3a and Android 10, Android Auto no longer launches when I connect to my car bluetooth. And If I launch it manually, it no longer closes when I turn off the car.

    Anyone else experience this? Know of a fix?

    submitted by /u/kenlin
    [link] [comments]

    Bt headphone deactivate buttons ?

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 07:15 AM PST

    Hello guys, Now im looking for an app, that allows me to turn off or chance actions of my Bluetooth in ears, wich always pause when raindrops hit them.. any ideas?

    submitted by /u/ranker2241
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone know if there is a reddit app that let you hide karma points?

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 11:43 AM PST

    I dont want to see karma points.
    Sorry if my english is bad.

    submitted by /u/duradara
    [link] [comments]

    Best open source 2fa authenticator

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 11:26 AM PST

    Help me decide. I am currently using aegis. And is pretty satisfied with it. But someone mentioned andotp and keepass are great alternatives. Are they good?

    submitted by /u/Nihilman
    [link] [comments]

    Session - A Signal protocol fork with decentralized servers and no need for a phone number

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 03:56 PM PST

    Session is a cross-platform, anonymous and decentralized messaging application. You don't need a phone number or email address to make an account.

    Session uses the Loki Service Node network to route the data, for which the nodes are rewarded with $LOKI. The Loki Network itself is made up of some ~1000 community operated Service Nodes where 44% of the supply is held in the SNs - about US$7.5 million at the moment.

    I love Signal, but I don't love the attached phone numbers or central servers, but I know there's a challenge in allowing an altruistic intention over a financial incentive for the node operators - Sybil resistance. By using Loki's Service Node network, the crypto-economics is designed in a way that a bad actor would drive the price exponentially up while trying to accumulate enough Loki to be able to perform any traffic analysis on the routed data.

    Think of it as a Signal fork meets a Monero fork meets an incentivized TOR network.

    Web: getsession.org

    Whitepaper: https://getsession.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/Session-Whitepaper.pdf

    submitted by /u/cybertruck420
    [link] [comments]

    Frost (F-Droid) is a nice alternative to the Facebook app

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 05:50 PM PST

    ESPN app and GPS spoofing

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 03:52 AM PST

    Hello,

    I was wondering if anyone has been successful in getting this app to work in Canada?

    I have it working on desktop with a smartdns with no problems. I would like to get it working on my Andriod. S10.

    I have a paid subscription to ESPN with an American address. No problem there.

    I have the smartdns working on my phone. No issues there.

    I have tried endless mock/fake GPS apps. The apps work great it tricks my location services.

    All location services have been disabled (that I know of, it's possible I missed something?)

    Somehow the ESPN app is still getting my location!! It is a very smart app and I want to beat it but I'm out of ideas.

    Can anyone help? Tips? Advice? Anything to try? I don't want to root my phone.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/J9999D
    [link] [comments]

    Need help casting my phone screen to windows 10

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 01:22 AM PST

    I have been having a hard time finding useful information that isn't out of date or applicable to my needs and situation so here's hoping some of you guys can help.
    Problem: My phone is a Vodafone Smart V10 and does not support miracast and it's OS is Android 9 and I have no idea where the screencast option is or even if my phone supports it. I have found out that the cast option on android 8 is in the "connected devices" section of the settings but I am unable to find the cast button on my Android 9 phone. My PC is using an ethernet cable, not wifi.

    Requirements: Preferably I want to link my phone and PC with some sort of cable, USB if posable. I need to be able to use my PC's mouse and keyboard to navigate and type in the phone's apps. I want to have any software being used free and ad-free, or at the very least only requires a one-time purchase. Same applies to the Chrome cast I would prefer not to get it but will do so if that is the simplest and most reliable option.

    Reason: I have been using a world-building app called World Scribe and DnD related apps like character sheets and I really like using them but I really need to use a larger keyboard than the phone has.

    Thank you for your help

    submitted by /u/Dark_but_Good
    [link] [comments]

    [DEV] I made an app for viewing [removed] and [deleted] comments

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 11:43 AM PST

    https://github.com/Humzaman/removed

    When I'm browsing through reddit, I tend to come across [removed] and [deleted] comments pretty frequently. Sometimes those comments are removed for saying something controversial, earning a ton of downvotes and disapproving responses. Other times, a comment is removed by the /r/AskHistorians mods for not meeting subreddit guidelines.

    Regardless of the reason, my curiosity demands seeing what that comment originally said. I started out by copying the comment URL, replacing "reddit.com" with "removeddit.com" or "ceddit.com," then viewing the unremoved comment in a browser. But that quickly became incredibly tedious to do every single time.

    So, I figured I'd make an app that directly retrieves archived data from pushshift.io, the source removeddit and ceddit get their data from.

    Introducing "[removed]," an app that quickly brings up a dialog displaying a removed comment's data.

    Unremoving a comment now only takes a few simple steps:

    1. Share the comment

    2. Send it to "[removed]"

    3. And read the unremoved comment!

    "[removed]" is completely free, open source, and has no ads. You can download the app from the GitHub repo: https://github.com/Humzaman/removed

    Special thanks to:

    • Jason Baumgartner (/u/Stuck_In_the_Matrix) for creating pushshift.io

    • Jesper Wrang for creating removeddit.com

    submitted by /u/Humzaman
    [link] [comments]

    Whats "App Box" and how do i access and remove it?

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 11:25 AM PST

    https://i.imgur.com/NC7GdjS.png

    I was conducting a security check on my Moto G7+ and found this app installed on it. I cant find it anywhere on the app drawer or google play. All i can find on google is that people download the apk from Aptoide to install apps onside and watch Brazilian media. I am not Brazilian, dont known any Brazilians, and dont wat h Brazilian media. I ran a scan using Kapersky, which returned no abnormal results.

    I ask because my phone was accessed by someone that may have installed stalkerware.

    What is this app?

    How can I open it?

    How can I remove it?

    submitted by /u/PussyMunch
    [link] [comments]

    Does a time tracking app that allows you to keep extra stats on the tracked events exist?

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 11:21 AM PST

    I am looking for a time tracking app (something like toggl) that also allows you to manually keep stats on the events that you can compare to other events of the same type. Typical time tracking apps allow you to create custom categories, but I want to be able to add custom data fields to the categories and have it track those too.

    For example, I want the category "walk the dog" to also have a "distance" field. If I record that walk the dog from 8:00 to 8:15, I could manually record that I walked 1.2 miles. Then, I want the app to be able to show me useful metrics about that category, like how far I walked each day, how much time per week or month I am spending walking the dog, how long it has been since I walked the dog, etc.

    Or if I spend an hour reading, I would like to be able to add which book, and how many pages I read.

    Bonus points for a desktop/web browser version and dark mode. Even more points if I could export the data as a CSV or something so that I can do further analysis using the time and other measures to calculate stuff like average speed while walking the dog, or words read per minute.

    If you have other ideas on how to accomplish this stuff I would also be open to that. Also I am fine with paying for an app or combination of apps if it does what I want.

    submitted by /u/RocketizedAnimal
    [link] [comments]

    Download Google Approved Wear OS Application

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 10:12 AM PST

    Smartwatch Keyboard is the original and best keyboard designed for easy text input on Smartwatches. Android - Wear OS. SWK Team. Download the app here

    submitted by /u/myselfkirtisharma
    [link] [comments]

    Blokada and Windscribe

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 09:59 AM PST

    Hi folks. Is there a way to use Windscribe VPN alongside Blokada. Turns out I need the VPN to access georestricted content and hide my IP address on a few services. I also think Blokada is excellent for blocking annoying ads. How do I get this to work

    submitted by /u/luke__7
    [link] [comments]

    Is vr on phones.like day dream and occulous vr thing Samsung did dead?

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 09:01 AM PST

    I haven't seen any headsets at stores that are from a name brand company so idk if this is still a thing of did they close the sevices.

    submitted by /u/Reid89
    [link] [comments]

    I want a Media detection broswer or application that detects video/audio from any website.

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 12:01 AM PST

    Do Not suggest UC brower. I already use a browser called Amaze Browser which is good but the ad blocker dosen't work. So I was wondering if there is any working alternatives. Something like IDM in windows that recognizes a video.

    submitted by /u/HungrySennin
    [link] [comments]

    Please suggest an app for cycling

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 11:30 PM PST

    Please suggest an app for cycling that is similar to Huawei Health.

    • I should be able to set a specific distance/duration to cover beforehand.
    • There should be voice notifications for every km covered.
    • There should be a calorie counter for every session.
    • I should be able to retrieve the stats if I am changing my phone.

    All these functions were available on the Huawei Health app on my previous Honor 7x phone.

    I then changed my phone to Realme XT. The Honor Health app is available on Play store. I downloaded it on my new phone and even logged into my profile. Unfortunately years of stats have disappeared.

    Is there a way to retrieve those stats on my new phone?

    Also, in the new app that I have downloaded, features like setting distance and time for biking, voice notices for every km covered are not available. Can someone shed some light on this?

    Thank you so much for your help.

    submitted by /u/flubbergrubbery
    [link] [comments]

    Ideate - Outlines, notes, lists, and thoughts

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 06:15 PM PST

    (Repost: I already posted this app before, I've added more features since)

    Hi all,

    Here's a note-taking app that I'm developing and maintaining solo for about 1 year now.

    Play Store Link

    Quick YouTube demo

    There's still a lot of features I want to bake in like support for dates, attaching images, and notifications. Basically, the long-term goal is to provide a mobile app that fully works with org-mode of Emacs.

    Please feel free to try it out.

    Features: - Create as many entries as you need for your ideas - Organize information by nesting them to up to 10 levels - Write down checklists for your tasks, shopping and anything you need to keep track of - Securely transfer and sync your notes between multiple devices - Mark important lists by keeping them on top of your entries - Share your content as text to and from the app - Add a widget to your homescreen that also show the outline and structure of your ideas - Categorize your notes by attaching tags which can be filtered with one click

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/derDemiurg
    [link] [comments]

    Getting com.android.cts.priv.ctsshim error on android

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 09:49 PM PST

    Hi,

    I have recently started getting this error on my phone. I have not done any changes on my phone recently. Is it actually some virus?

    submitted by /u/GamesMint
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel