• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Friday, February 14, 2020

    Laptops The only way to get this off is a Dremel? Or Press F?

    Laptops The only way to get this off is a Dremel? Or Press F?


    The only way to get this off is a Dremel? Or Press F?

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 01:47 AM PST

    No 44.1 hz sample rate option for Realtek(r) audio driver.

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 01:48 PM PST

    So I am a music producer and I just got this new laptop (Lenovo Yoga C940 15"). I found out that there are only 2 options in the control pannel: 16 bit, 48000 and 24 bit, 48000. I searched the internet but I couldnt find any solution.

    submitted by /u/anaselhosainy
    [link] [comments]

    I dont really know much about computers in general but am looking to get one to start writing. So just looking for for a basic laptop that I can use the internet on without too much hassle and write.

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 01:22 PM PST

    I havent used a laptop personally since I was like 15 and played WoW on my moms laptop. And even in high school everyone just used iPads so I am so far out of my element looking at laptops.

    I have super basic requirements. Good enough to write on and use the browser. I looked a bit myself but I dont know if a 250 dollar laptop is just going to be total ass or if it's an ok device. Or if I should be spending somewhere closer to 400 or 500. Like I said. Total newbie.

    submitted by /u/OCHNCaPKSNaClMg_Yo
    [link] [comments]

    Laptop Overheating Problems - Lenovo W541 Quad Core

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 01:08 PM PST

    Hi. I posted about this yesterday. I tried to add a new stick of RAM yesterday, this one in particular. https://www.bestbuy.com/site/pny-8gb-1-6-ghz-ddr3-sodimm-laptop-memory-green/4680400.p?skuId=4680400

    The RAM that came with the laptop is the following: https://www.newegg.com/p/2RC-0034-000P2?item=9SIAB0Z5UE5836&source=region&nm_mc=knc-googlemkp-pc&cm_mmc=knc-googlemkp-pc-_-pla-18004memory-_-memory+%28notebook+memory%29-_-9SIAB0Z5UE5836&gclid=CjwKCAiAp5nyBRABEiwApTwjXijc5kM8ibpwkD7i7Ns3M9IbTm9osWYfadAxyK6gj_VOWdYoVUPnGxoCW6UQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

    After adding it, the system recognized it and I eventually had to move it once more after installing it, after I realized I had it in the wrong slot for dual channel. However, after adding this RAM, I noticed a drastic difference in the heat and fan in my laptop, and used a monitoring software to see that my CPU was running over 200 degrees at moments, with other internal components getting really hot too.

    I wasn't doing anything on the laptop. It was just sitting on the desktop. I've since removed that new piece of RAM to see if that would help, but my computer still continues to run its fan at essentially max speed, while at time of writing this post, my temperatures are:

    CPU: Hovering around 190 F / 87 CSSD: 95 F / 35 CGPU: 143 F / 61 C

    Currently the CPU load is only about 15-30%, while RAM is now around 50%. This computer has always run hot when I play games or use something that's really resource intensive, but it has never been like this to where the fan is just staying on loud and max speed while doing close to nothing. Very little background processes.

    I'll note that when I removed the new RAM and was moving the modules around, the first time I booted back up with the 8GB, the date and time reset. To get to my SSD and RAM is its own slot on the bottom, all other internals are super hard to access, and require removing and taking out multiple parts. (Lenovo W541 Quad Core). I've done hardware tests and the windows memory diagnostic, and everything returns fine. Although the fan is running really hard, the airflow seems good and it doesn't seem like that would be the problem.

    I've double checked that the new RAM was the same as the one in there, DDR3L, 1600, same timing. 1.35V. Could this be something with ESD, or the memory controller getting too much power or something and becoming faulty, or something on the motherboard is faulty? My first worry was that the added power consumption may have just temporarily overrun a hardware component on the motherboard and now it's defective, causing the crazy heat and fan usage.

    submitted by /u/l0lBarnesl3l
    [link] [comments]

    4K or not 4K

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 01:04 PM PST

    Hi all, I was wondering your opinions on 4K resolution in a 13 inch laptop(spectre x360 13t). Does it makes sense or is the screen size so small that 4K will be negligible, and overall not worth the price.

    submitted by /u/Zoboomafoop
    [link] [comments]

    Blue screen of death problem Wht do I do in the case of this error. recurring, had it more than twice a day some times

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 09:18 AM PST

    When I start and refresh the laptop, what it does, it keeps moving around on loading four five to ten minutes and its keep loading I don't know why it's happening and it's only happens first time bt i don't know how to solve this problem can anyone help me ??

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 12:55 PM PST

    Help! Sound problems on new Asus Rog Strix G 731GU

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 12:53 PM PST

    I recently bought a brand new "gaming laptop". At first it worked fine (or maybe I didn't notice right away) but then the sound became weird. If I was playing a game it was fine but if I would watch a YouTube video or a movie, it would have that "crackling" noise (like an old speakers if you would crank the volume all the way up). (((I apologize, I don't know how to describe it better since English is my second language. I am trying my best.))) Sound was also late around a second/out of sync

    I immediately tried to update drivers. It didn't help.

    I also:

    • updated bios
    • updated windows
    • updated drivers trough device manager one by one (one update was available for nvidia high definition audio driver) — didn't help
    • removed sonic studio
    • disabled audio enchantments
    • set power mode to high performance
    • went to "services" and checked "windows audio" it was already on automatic
    • disabled cpu throttling

    Nothing helped so I thought that maybe I did something wrong and reinstalled windows. That solved the problem with sound out of sync but now the sound itself was even worse. That "noise" which appears if there are any louder sounds in a movie or a video is much louder now and it's really hard to watch anything since it's extremely annoying. Even If I bring down my volume to 20 - problem is the same.

    I tried to remove relatek sound driver and installed the windows one..didn't help.

    I was wondering if anyone had similar problem and if so is there any solution to it? I am desperate.

    Thank you.

    Laptop:

    Notebook Asus Gaming ROG Strix G G731GU 17.3" FHD IPS 120Hz Intel Core i5 9300H up to 4.1GHz, 16GB

    Graphic NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660Ti Graphic Memory GDDR6 6GB

    Win 10 pro 64

    Latency mon test results after reinstalling windows: latency mon photo

    submitted by /u/liluzg
    [link] [comments]

    Screen working area resolution vs size

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 09:02 AM PST

    Quick question,

    Do you know on which screen am I going to get more working area? I am considering 17" screen with 1920×1080 or 15" with 3840 x 2160 scaled to 125%-150%

    I am programming on a laptop so it is important for me to be able to see as much code as possible at once.

    submitted by /u/Walkir108
    [link] [comments]

    Is an AMOLED laptop worth the upgrade over a 4k Led?

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 12:46 PM PST

    Curious to know if this is worth the additional fee to add on to a laptop build. Has anyone had any problems with an AMOLED screen and its longevity or should I stick with a 4k led screen? I'm a designer and thought it might be nice to have after seeing it in the store.

    Thanks for the help.

    submitted by /u/dom601
    [link] [comments]

    Laptop for Gaming 600€

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 12:36 PM PST

    I would like if somebody could send me the best for what I can get with 600€

    submitted by /u/kerempa
    [link] [comments]

    Send it back?

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 12:16 PM PST

    https://imgur.com/a/neUNxcx

    Couple of days ago i got a Dell G5 15 5590

    i7-9750h1

    6gb ram

    rtx 2060 6gb

    500gb SSD

    1920*1080@144hz

    Last night I finished loading some of my favorite games and today started to play them, I just tried to play about 30 minutes of COD WWII and it got almost unplayable. I didn't drop any frames but instead got massive slowdown, especially when reloading. I have the laptop on top of a cooling pad that has two fans blowing fresh cool air to the bottom of the laptop.

    I came out of COD WWII and saw this in hwinfo64 which i had running in the background.

    I love this laptop and I love the screen, i bought this for gaming to replace my an older laptop (6700hq gtx 960m 4gb)

    But right now it seems like my old laptop games better as it doesn't overheat or throttle.

    Thoughts? Suggestions?

    I'm wondering if I should send this back and wait for AMD or 10th gen I7 performance series, or try a different cooling pad. Also it makes me worry about the longevity of the laptop when day 1 of actual gaming I'm already throttling in old games....

    submitted by /u/extremelypickled117
    [link] [comments]

    Are 13.3" Laptop for designers?

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 12:15 PM PST

    So I'm looking at a 15.6, 3840 x 2160, for my next computer. I went to look at some at the store and noticed a 13.3" spectre hp. I love the sleekness and compactness.

    So my question is for all the graphic designers, programmers, photographers, marketers, etc.

    Do you use a 13.3" Laptop and have no problem using any of the Adobe programs on them? I'm a graphic designer and possibly considering one over the 15.6".

    submitted by /u/dom601
    [link] [comments]

    Factory reset Acer Aspire 7740-5691. Connected to wifi, but no internet access.

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 12:02 PM PST

    Title says it all. I got it for free, factory reset to delete all data on it. Now it'll connect to the wifi, but no internet access.

    submitted by /u/Lux-Fox
    [link] [comments]

    U or HQ processor for software engineering?

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 11:56 AM PST

    I am going to buy a relatively low end laptop, i7 6th gen perhaps? Which processor should I go for the US or HQ/QM? My main use would using it for learning how to code and university projects, etc. Which would be optimal for me?

    submitted by /u/Tiger-Abdullah
    [link] [comments]

    Is this laptop good. I will just use it in studying, what I want is that it don't crash or be slow (I want it fluent when I use it)! I won't use it in gaming!

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 11:35 AM PST

    Thoughts on 8th gen vs 10th gen DELL xPS 13 models

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 11:23 AM PST

    First Option


    Second Option


    CPU benchmark comparison: https://www.cpubenchmark.net/compare/Intel-i5-1035G1-vs-Intel-i7-8565U/3558vs3308

    I'm conflicted on which of the two to get. Sure the first has a slightly bigger screen, m.2, DDR4, 10th gen CPU. But is that all worth the extra ~$270? I'm not going to be doing any serious gaming or anything. I'm looking for a casual, well-built laptop that I could code on occasionally.

    Any thoughts?

    submitted by /u/antelolpe
    [link] [comments]

    Ultimate USB Docking Hard Drive

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 11:21 AM PST

    Health buff seeks laptop without exterior aluminum

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 11:15 AM PST

    Hi all, I have been shopping for a low cost (600$ or less) Unix compatible laptop for over a month now. I prefer not to touch aluminum for brain health reasons. I have found it difficult and often not possible to deterime what the laptop surfaces that will touch my lap and hands have been made out of. (Possible business opportunity here -> parametric searching) I would be willing to use a cover that was between me and all the laptop surfaces. I had a friend who had such a cover over their Apple laptop keyboard keyboard an entire top. But that left 3 routine contact surfaces uncovered. I appreciate any suggestions on how to get a no aluminum laptop solution.

    submitted by /u/play2grow
    [link] [comments]

    Red and Blue Lines Around Objects During Video

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 10:52 AM PST

    Red and Blue Lines Around Objects During Video

    On my laptop, the HP Pavilion 15-cs3003ca, I've noticed while watching youtube videos, netflix shows and movies and while playing games there have been these blue and red lines appearing on screen surround the objects and people in the movies/videos/games. My laptop has 8gb of DDR4 SDRAM (@ 2666Mhz), a core i5-1035g1 processor and a 512gb ssd. The advice I have received before was about a faulty graphics card or broken graphics card being the problem but my laptop doesn't have a gpu and runs on intel integrated graphics. So I was wondering if anybody knew what could be the issue or anywhere to start in order to solve this problem. Here's an example of these red and blue lines appearing on my laptop screen:

    https://preview.redd.it/mp0t2in8rxg41.png?width=750&format=png&auto=webp&s=01fa184b2cc0cb6fe3fcbe7282dec11b3e6f9800

    submitted by /u/sirgary11
    [link] [comments]

    Will this laptop reach my needs?

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 10:51 AM PST

    Hey guys,

    Found this while I was looking through sales for my $500 CAD price budget. https://www.lenovo.com/ca/en/laptops/ideapad/ideapad-300-series/Lenovo-IdeaPad-L340-15API/p/81LX0000US

    It looks pretty decent from a first glance. I'll need one of these for light gaming (Stardew Valley, Minecraft on very low settings, etc), light Photoshop use (nothing beyond simple photo editing), and good enough performance to stream videos and movies. Please let me know if you think this laptop can't perform these functions. I'd like to stay in this price range but if there's any other suggestions you have to provide I'd be happy to hear them.

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/qwzxasp
    [link] [comments]

    Best laptop for music production and moderate graphics?

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 09:49 AM PST

    Hello!

    Currently I'm looking to get a laptop as I only have a desktop atm and don't feel like being locked to one spot to use it.

    I mainly want it for music production and sound design, which would be more cpu heavy

    I would also like to do some light ish gaming (2d steam/ overwatch) as well as some shader programming and generative experiments in touch designer. So I'm not looking for the best video card out, but something that is at least middle ground.

    Size wise I'd like something 15" or under. People have suggested the hp spectre 360, msi stealth, and razor laptops.

    Would love to have an ssd of at least 500 gb if possible

    Budget wise I'm willing to spend anywhere from $1000-1500, especially if it'll be a good investment.

    If yall have any suggestions, please throw them my way, thanks!

    submitted by /u/slewot
    [link] [comments]

    Newbie, trying to choose between two laptops.

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 09:43 AM PST

    I'm looking to buy an extremely cheap laptop, mainly for use at the sober living house I manage (so guys can fill out applications, do legal paperwork, etc). That being the case, durability is a must, as many of these guys have never learned the concept of non-disposable property, or that you need to take care of other people's things when you use them.

    With all of that in mind, I'm trying to decide between a "Lenovo ThinkPad T440s, i5-4300U CPU @ 1.90Ghz, 256GB SSD, 8GB RAM, Win 10 Pro for $164.99" and a "Dell Latitude 7250, i7-5600U CPU @ 2.6Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Win 10 Pro for $179.95". I would link the actual items I'm looking at, but I think that's against the rules.

    My budget is kind of tight, being one of 2 guys with a job, in a 9 person house, but I think the slightly faster processor is worth the $15 (I plan on playing some basic steam games, like Rimworld), so I'm looking for opinions on the relative durability of the two base models, and possibly customer support ease between the two companies, if that applies to buying used computers.

    Please let me know if you need any more info from the actual listing, or if I've posted this in the wrong place, and thank you in advance for taking the time to help me out. :)

    submitted by /u/Inteli_Gent
    [link] [comments]

    How to get 15W and 25W

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 01:50 AM PST

    So I have Ryzen 7 3700U CPU and often in bencharks I see 2 variants. A 15W and a 25W one. The 25W often gets more fps and better benchmarks and I was wondering how to get the 25W. Is laptop model specific? Is it some software that enables this? Is it something in the bios? Is it overclocking?

    submitted by /u/venomtail
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel