• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Thursday, February 6, 2020

    Product key windows 10??? Windows Help

    Product key windows 10??? Windows Help


    Product key windows 10???

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 11:33 AM PST

    Hey hey, I bought a Acer aspire 5 and i receive it today. I've just noticed this watermark on the right corner and I tried to install windows but is asking me for the product key but I have o idea where that is ( I've never received an email from Acer or something like that) I've Look for this question and the answers are so complicated online and I don't understand. Can somebody help me ? Thank you thank youuuuuu!

    Solution :So I solved it I just clicked on the button find solutions where said windows hasn't been activated and it got activated I know know but it did haha

    submitted by /u/fellowTeen
    [link] [comments]

    Windows won't see my backup/won't let me use my backup and has renamed every file

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 04:52 PM PST

    So long story short, I created a backup using Windows built-in backup utility before I went ahead and reinstalled windows on my system. Apparently this was a big mistake, due to the fact that since it was made under what technically was a different user, Windows no longer sees the backup as there. No matter what I've done it still refuses to see it. This wouldn't be too big of an issue, but windows has renamed EVERY SINGLE FILE to include a time stamp. Is there some way I could remove those time stamps on each file? Would I just need to write a script to do it?

    submitted by /u/Skodanator
    [link] [comments]

    Windows defender keeps crashing

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 11:25 AM PST

    I just did a full scan of my windows C: drive with windows defender. It detected some harmful software, and I hit "take action" to remove the software, but the windows defender window keeps closing. I dont know if this is because harmful software is preventing defender from removing it, but I also scanned with the Microsoft safety scanner, and it was not able to complete a full scan (it just froze eventually). Is there anything I can do to get windows defender to remove the software? Ps: I booted into safe boot, and the Microsoft safety scanner still couldn't complete a full scan, and windows defender wouldn't open.

    submitted by /u/man_wif-waluigi-hed
    [link] [comments]

    Help needed

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 08:08 AM PST

    Hello everyone

    I have a Dell inspiron 5000 series laptop equipped with 1TB Toshiba HDD running on Windows 10 earlier. But now I bought a 240GB Kingston SSD and inserted it into DVD writer bay using a caddy. Now I want to install Windows 10 on my SSD but when I'm installing it I'm stuck to either of the cases shown here in pictures even after hours it remains same. Currently I have disabled 1TB HDD from BIOS. SSD is working fine as storage device as I have used it couple of weeks.

    Things i tried: Converting to GPT, MBR, changing boot mode etc etc

    Thanks in advanced

    submitted by /u/TigerRocks00
    [link] [comments]

    Worried that I have a virus

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 11:19 AM PST

    So I usually download mods for games and watch anime from reliable websites but I recently went on a website that redirected me to another and downloaded a word file which I immediately deleted. Then I got really paranoid so I taped up my camera and downloaded PC protector antivirus and ran 2 scans which came back negative (didn't get to finish then but were very close). I am still very worried and I dont know what to do.

    submitted by /u/DigitalDragoYT
    [link] [comments]

    How can I prevent applications from minimizing when I click on something else?

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 01:29 PM PST

    When you click off of an application, it minimizes out of view and is annoying to deal with. Is there a solution?

    submitted by /u/roli_oli
    [link] [comments]

    Photos app icon is stuck on top. I can't work or stop looking at my own head. Not productive, please help?

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 03:39 AM PST

    Photos app icon is stuck on top. I can't work or stop looking at my own head. Not productive, please help?

    I let my nephew loose on my laptop so i have no idea what happened.

    So far i have tried...

    • Resetting my desktop background. I didn't think this would work but tried anyway.
    • Repair, reset and terminate using the photo app settings. (Start > Photos (right click) > More > App settings.
    • Right clicking on the image itself, nothing. Nothing happens if i hover over the image.
    • Asking Google, no dice.

    Does anyone know what might have happened here or how i can fix it? I have an assignment due.

    Thank you in advance

    https://preview.redd.it/gm3g73c6jaf41.png?width=1366&format=png&auto=webp&s=1ce91500c7e8e390194a9e8b45ea9d4c547e1c91

    submitted by /u/Dickle27
    [link] [comments]

    Computer restart problems

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 11:34 AM PST

    Hello, Recently my computer I build about two years ago was freezing up while I was playing league of legends (a very light game it has had no problems running) and I would have to force restart my computer. After a couple of times (over two or three days) my computer had some small issues, the main one being the audio drivers were off and I couldn't turn them on. This was an inconvenience but I continued to use my computer normally. I was in the middle of another game and it froze up again so I force restarted it, but this time it shows showing these screens in a loop:

    https://i.imgur.com/3N5B0ao.jpg

    https://i.imgur.com/wVmqxB7.jpg

    https://i.imgur.com/OabIcU1.jpg

    And cycles like this until I turn it off. I had a similar crash issue earlier this winter where it send me to safe mode and I was able to work from there. This time haven't found a way to enter safe mode from the computers current state. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this specific problem or at least enter safe mode where I think I can fix it myself? (I've already tried holding the power button for 10 sec 3 times, doesn't seem to work)

    TLDR: my computer is being a fuck and is stuck in somewhat of a boot loop (see images) and I can't enter safe mode. Any ideas on how to work on it??

    submitted by /u/Mothalicka420
    [link] [comments]

    I lost my files after windows update, managed to fix it but lost my files again.

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 02:51 PM PST

    I just updated my computer which required a reset. After resetting all my files/desktop had disappeared (almost like a new PC). After searching google I found that my original files were located under users, so I began to transfer them into this new area. Once I logged out and logged back in however, it seemed to restore my original desktop and files, but the files I had transferred previously have disappeared and cannot be found...

    submitted by /u/sickntarkey
    [link] [comments]

    Deleted Stickynotes

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 08:32 PM PST

    Hey windows stickynotes wasnt working on a customers computer and used the repair function that reinstalled the application

    Theres no outlook account attached to the app and all the data is lost
    Does anyone have a way to retrieve the lost data? I've tried searches online and its for the older version of windows

    submitted by /u/GawdLyke
    [link] [comments]

    Reinstall and Re-register All Built-in Windows Apps in Windows 10

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 08:16 PM PST

    Second hard drive randomly stops being recognized

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 07:36 PM PST

    So not sure where to ask or how to look for this on google. I can always fix my own issues with using google but this one has me stumped. My second harddrive was just this this month, started to randomly stop being detected by my pc. I run windows 7. However I think this is an issue across all platforms so I dont believe its restricted to windows 7. The only way I can fix it is by restarting my PC and it starts working again. Has anyone experienced something like this and is there a fix?

    submitted by /u/HellzMercenary
    [link] [comments]

    Two questions

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 11:54 AM PST

    Why is krbtgt a member of Denied RODC Password Replication Group

    And

    Why is DefaultAccount a Member of System Managed Accounts Group

    submitted by /u/katielyncra
    [link] [comments]

    Windows Update won't work

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 07:18 PM PST

    For several weeks now, windows keeps reminding me to do an update by restarting my computer, whenever I do, nothing happens. So, I tried the diagnostic tool, that did nothing, I looked up what to do online, nothing helped. I messed around with services and update settings, nothing seems to work. All I know is that Windows recognizes that there is an update to be done, but whenever it restarts, nothing happens.

    Also, a pop up occasionally shows up, telling me that it'll restart in half an hour. I have the options to acknowledge it or wait an hour until it pops up again. It's been really annoying, I just want to get this update done. Any help?

    submitted by /u/CROGGS1
    [link] [comments]

    What is the smallest release of Windows that will support VS 2019 or has it installed already?

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 06:52 PM PST

    I need an extremely small version of Windows for development. It has to be windows 8.1 or newer.

    submitted by /u/wolfix1001
    [link] [comments]

    Search Bar doesn't work

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 09:04 AM PST

    Search Bar doesn't work

    I have this problem in both my pc and laptop, where i can write on the bar but doesn't search anything and stays black

    https://preview.redd.it/lutd9qav4cf41.png?width=1367&format=png&auto=webp&s=a021922eeb921d24dfc30881ac79c120510a48a1

    submitted by /u/SAKE_27
    [link] [comments]

    Help! OneDrive and Registry Issue

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 06:20 PM PST

    Help! OneDrive and Registry Issue

    Hi guys!

    I was trying to get rid of OneDrive, and after uninstalling it, I read that the most effective way of getting rid of it was using the 'Edit group policy', changing 'Prevent usage of OneDrive for file storage' to 'Enable'.

    However, after that, I could still see the OneDrive folder in my file explorer. I read I had to reinstall, and so I did. That did not change anything, so I uninstalled and re-installed it, this time with the option mentioned above back to 'Disabled'. This did not change anything.

    Long story short: I have been playing around with my Group Policy and my Registry, only in the OneDrive specific folder, trying to completely get rid of it (e.g. erasing and creating DisableFileSyncNGSC, uninstalling and reinstalling with different configurations...).

    I was able to manually erase de folder now, apparently I see no trace of OneDrive, but I see this error now in the Group Policy Editor if I try to change the settings again:

    https://preview.redd.it/hvgoimkwvef41.png?width=432&format=png&auto=webp&s=75aef07861e27c570a5fccf161a71a071f9cae9f

    Have I messed up anything? How can I solve all this mess, or bring the system to a previous state?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/LevRag
    [link] [comments]

    Win7 and Win10 on the same machine

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 06:07 PM PST

    I'd like to keep my windows 7 OS, but I also want windows 10. I know there's a way to have both OSes on separate drives and choose one while booting up, but I don't know how to do it and I am afraid of messing up my existing files. I have a clean drive for win10, how do I do it?

    submitted by /u/squorm_
    [link] [comments]

    windows update not working, also security settings page went blank!

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 05:52 PM PST

    Is there any way to make the taskbar and window borders different colors? (Windows 10)

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 01:39 PM PST

    Title, and for reference: woke up today with my taskbar having turned white, found out it was because of update 1903, fixed that problem, now trying to get my normal theme colors back because they inexplicably won't return to what I had saved (window borders are now the same color as the taskbar. the window borders used to be a lighter color). I'm wondering if there's just some advanced color settings I've forgotten about and can't find, or what...?

    note: "Automatically pick an accent color from my background" is (was) checked; picking a color manually makes the taskbar too light

    submitted by /u/citronic
    [link] [comments]

    Retroarch or playnite: which do you recommend using as a front-end emulator on windows?

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 11:37 AM PST

    How do I stop my PC from waking up without my say?

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 01:26 AM PST

    I constantly wake up in the middle of the night to my PC booting up for whatever reason, I've done the "power-cfg" bit and rooted around for the cause and I thought I'd figured it out but it keeps doing it.

    Can't I make it so that my PC will only wake up manually?

    submitted by /u/mcmanybucks
    [link] [comments]

    Windows 7 Not Locking Itself After Automatic Sleep

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 02:51 PM PST

    Hi there, first and foremost I know I should upgrade to windows 10, but they aren't my computers and old people are in charge of them. I'm trying to set up public computers to wipe browsing/data and completely log out of everything when they go to sleep. I have the options enabled in both the power settings and in the screensaver settings to ask for a password on wake up and it does not do it. If I manually put the computer to sleep then it will ask for it. Is there any option that could be overriding this or a 3rd party program that can do it?

    submitted by /u/-Zaxus-
    [link] [comments]

    Segurazo won’t uninstall

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 01:58 PM PST

    I've been trying for the past hour to uninstall some "antivirus" known as segurazo. I have tried 4 times to uninstall it but it just comes back!!! Help please!

    submitted by /u/boyceasaurus
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel