• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Friday, February 7, 2020

    OnePlus OnePlus One died after 6 years

    OnePlus OnePlus One died after 6 years


    OnePlus One died after 6 years

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 11:26 PM PST

    After nearly 6 years my OnePlus One died because it wouldnt charge anymore. A few days before the WLAN chip got a defect and wouldnt let me access the internet anymore.

    Though Im just one in a million, Id like to say thank you for such a great phone. I "worked" 2 weeks to get the invite and bought my OnePlus One Sandstone edition for a price you wouldnt find anything comparable. The Sandstone design felt really great til the end, much better than the glas of modern phones and Im really sad its not produces anymore.

    I dont know which smartphone will be my next one, because I cant afford the new model, but the One was worth every litte cent. Thank you

    submitted by /u/Narase33
    [link] [comments]

    Did oneplus sell out?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 05:45 PM PST

    When the company first came to be, their claim to fame (in my eyes) was that it was a company completely unaffiliated with service providers. Now it seems like they sold out and primarily serve T-mobile, whats up with that? Am I crazy?

    submitted by /u/Frazzininator
    [link] [comments]

    Problem with Snapchat on Oneplus 7 Pro

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 06:13 PM PST

    When I open snapchat the camera angle is often flipped and to fix it I have to close the app and reopen it. Anyone else had this problem and if so has anyone found a solution?

    submitted by /u/ImASadLonelyBoy12
    [link] [comments]

    Disable hang up call with lock button

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 03:11 PM PST

    Is this possible? I'm tired of accidentally hanging up my phone call when taking a screenshot of something

    submitted by /u/robaax
    [link] [comments]

    How to rollback from OxygenOS 10.3.1?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 04:38 PM PST

    My OnePlus 6T just updated to Android 10 (OxygenOS 10.3.1) but it's just made my phone harder to use, laggy, and it's taken away so many little features. It's also made my gallery really glitchy, and it takes about 10 seconds for the photos to load in now.

    How can I go back to version 9? It was so much smoother.

    submitted by /u/LastgenKeemstar
    [link] [comments]

    Newest update

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 02:34 PM PST

    I have a OnePlus 6t and in the latest update the keyboard has risen so I have an inch gap at the bottom of my screen where there wasn't one before. Any ideas on how to fix this?

    submitted by /u/jason0498
    [link] [comments]

    10.3.1 available OTA for me in USA

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 02:30 PM PST

    Guess it's worldwide legit. About 2 weeks later, just did a manual check for it. Installing now and will do my cache clear bit after.

    submitted by /u/PourJarsInReservoirs
    [link] [comments]

    It was fun while it lasted.

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 05:59 PM PST

    (tldr at the bottom) This post is directed towards all of us OnePlus fanboys who have/have experienced the tear drop notch. If that doesn't apply to you, you can still stick around :p.

    We were a different breed. Oh boy, the way my face lit up with excitement whenever I saw my tear drop notch in comparison to the foreheads currently on the market...Beautiful.

    I loved the comments that I'd get from peers, everyone being amazed by the screen, the uniqueness of it, and the unrivaled unparalleled look of it when watching YouTube videos in full screen or playing a high definition game that used up all of the 19.5:9 aspect ratio. This phone was a flagship! Both physically and on paper.

    That brings us to our death. The eventual termination of something so precious. With the introduction of several new phones with tear drop notches, our uniqueness has all but faded away.

    To make matters worse, phones like the T-Mobile Revvlry and Samsung Galaxy A20 are closer to the budget option side of things. Their lackluster performance is seen by other high end phones, and their tear drop notch becomes associated with mine, and by proxy, our phone is seen as lackluster too. (Up until they see that we're not lol)

    Maybe I'm just being shallow, or overdramatic. However, I don't think it's a crime to long for the feeling of being better than others in a certain category. The feeling of being on top of the world because of how different you are, and how awesome your gadgets are.

    I relate this with the current awesomeness that is in the pop up camera. It's different, and a great way to separate your phone from others. If everyone else had it, then that dopeness would be all but lost.

    TLDR ; Budget phones like the Galaxy A20 make the teardrop notch non-unique and basic as hell.

    submitted by /u/DrixxYBoat
    [link] [comments]

    Mobile data randomly disconnects (7T)

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 04:22 PM PST

    Hey guys, So for the past weeks or so my phone randomly disconnects from my mobile data, at times it happens constantly like every 10 seconds, very frustrating. At first, I thought it was the SIM card itself so I went to my phone provider (AT&T) and got a new SIM card and the problem is still there.

    But when I'm on Wifi like at home for example, my phone is fine. I don't lose connection. I tried to look online for some tips but none have worked so far. I already tried a factory reset.

    submitted by /u/JulioEC10
    [link] [comments]

    T-mobile OnePlus 7T 10.0.0.6 out NOW!

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 05:56 AM PST

    Only December security patch strangely and bug fixes at 286 mb, but Rage On!

    https://i.imgur.com/CwKIZnU.jpg

    submitted by /u/compton7
    [link] [comments]

    7 pro screen sensitivity

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 09:02 AM PST

    Hey everyone, I just upgraded from the 5t to the 7 pro. I'm used to certain leaning curves when changing phones, but this one is throwing me for a loop. On the 5t touching the screen with one finger to scroll through news or apps would act exactly as expected and scroll through and stop wherever I lift my finger. On the 7 pro about 25% of the time it launches the app or news article that I touch to start my scroll. Even as I'm typing this I'm noticing that the g board swipe feature is occasionally registering my initial touch separately from my subsequent swipe, so I don't know if the issue is that it's reacting to quickly to my touch or not registering that I'm holding the touch. I'm inclined to believe it's the latter because occasionally it won't register my swipe at all, when I'm trying to bring up the tray, for example, or find an app.

    I'm running Android 10 with no screen protector, fyi. If anyone has a suggestion on how to adjust this, I'd appreciate it. I've searched both the internet and within the phone but can't seem to find anything that might control this. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/The--scientist
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any way to change the clock screen background?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 07:24 PM PST

    First one plus, still customizing it. Is there any way to change the background for the clock screen. I've changed the lock screen background but I've never seen that. meanwhile I just have this blank black screen with a clock whenever I need to unlock my phone. I want to add custom pictures but from what research I've done you can only add themes.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/KingOfCook
    [link] [comments]

    Question on updating OnePlus 7T

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 07:22 PM PST

    So I ran the 10.0.6. update for my T-Mobile version. It seemed to take awhile to download but seems my WiFi might have been alittle spotty, as my TV stream kept stopping. I had always heard of issues updating while on bad WIFI, but I didnt rally make the connection at the time. Anyway the update seemed to finish ok, but Im concerned about one thing...After the update and restart it looked like it was locked up on the T-Mobile boot screen for like 5 minutes. Not knowing really what I was doing I held power and volume down for maybe 20sec, and it started to finish its boot up and finish updating right about then. Could I have messed anything up by doing that?

    I did turn on the special boot up process in developer option so I can easily restart to recovery, and wiped the cache after the update.

    submitted by /u/Ebojager
    [link] [comments]

    Ambient Display won't turn off the screen

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 07:21 PM PST

    I've had multiple instances where I would wake up at night, tap the screen to view the time and watch the phone fail to fall back to sleep. The ambient display would stay on until I touch the screen again, or use the power button twice to force it to turn off.

    Has anyone else experienced this? I know that if I let it on, it would probably cause a burn in and it's driving me insane.

    submitted by /u/vforavider
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to get rid of the McLaren themes and icon packs with the OnePlus 7t Pro McLaren edition?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 07:18 PM PST

    Just curious. Are people who buy the 7T McLaren stuck with the McLaren branded software, icons, and themes?

    submitted by /u/Eclipse1164
    [link] [comments]

    Worth it to change charge port of OP5T

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 06:56 PM PST

    Recently, I began to notice that I couldn't plug my charging cable as easily in as I used to. Now the last few weeks been a pain in the ass to charge my phone due to my phone not recognizing the cable. It only charges my phone in a certain position. I also tried to transfer data to my PC but my computer didn't recognize my phone due to its charging port.

    So my question is if it's worth it getting a charge port change, even though I'm thinking about getting the new OP when it come out.

    submitted by /u/d1e4n5
    [link] [comments]

    OnePlus 7 (non pro) consistent 10 hr SOT

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 07:03 AM PST

    I'm on Android 10, OOS 10.3.0.GM57AA rooted with tweaked stock kernel and I get consistent 10 hr screen on time (12 hrs was my personal best) with full overnight charging every other night, I can definitely get 5 hrs sot before 50% battery drain, I'm not running any mods that force gms battery optimization, or apps that force hibernate stuff or modify doze settings, my usage is moderate with mixed WiFi and mobile data usage. According to fk kernel manager's battery monitor my active use is between 6.50% and 7.50% per hour (down from above 10% per hour before tweaks) and my idle use is between 0.35% and 0.55% per hour (down from over 1.50% per hour). I know everyone's usage is different but I think my tweaks should help most people. I'm a car mechanic by trade and love solving problems, and while this phone's battery life is a huge improvement over my essential ph-1 I still thought it could be better. I began my journey with custom kernels like most of you, then I began to note down differences between settings that each kernel had and from there deduced which ones affected power efficiency, I studied what settings the Lspeed magisk modeule made. After all this I began researching what those settings actually did, I poured over Google's device git, I read Linux kernel case studies about the schedutil scheduler and its settings and that's how I came up with my tweaks. I think where people get lost is in the timer settings, the processor's time dialation is different from ours and maybe that's where people get confused with the different nanosecond timers and what effect they have on our perception. I used the time of the average blink of an eye, 100 ms, as my reference point for modifying the scheduler timers, I think that for most use case scenarios google has grossly reduced timers to reduce latency which is supposed to battle lag, in my opinion this creates a lot of overhead that eats into power consumption, calculations are done way too many times before we even see a change on our screen. That's when I set out to reach a balance in timer settings that will let the CPU do what it needs to do in our perceived time instead of its perceived time, I based my settings around milliseconds instead of nanoseconds and it really made a difference. I hope someone with more understanding reads this and can further improve on this concept or prove it wrong. I really would like to share my settings and screenshots and my reasoning, but it's a lot of work with my already busy day to day life. I will do it if there is enough interest especially from someone who has a more intimate knowledge of the Linux EAS kernel.

    submitted by /u/pawel_the_barbarian
    [link] [comments]

    OP Bullet Wireless case is the most infuriating tech-related thing I've ever used

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 06:16 PM PST

    Why does this thing exist? It's virtually impossible to shove them/carefully place them into this case without the earbuds disconnecting from each other and connecting to my phone.

    I don't know what sort of witchcraft the designer of this case practices in order to easily get the earbuds in, but us non-wizards were definitely not consulted.

    submitted by /u/Hel-lohB
    [link] [comments]

    Rooted 6T - do I have to update twice?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 06:12 PM PST

    So when OOS 10 first came out, the safest/cleanest/easiest/whatever procedure I found to update from 9 to 10 (on a rooted 6T) was:

    1. Reboot to TWRP
    2. Flash OOS OTA
    3. Flash TWRP
    4. Flash Keymaster
    5. Flash Magisk
    6. Repeat steps 1-5
    7. Reboot to TWRP and flash Magisk one last time (so 3x total Magisk flashes)
    8. Reboot to System and you're done

    I've used this procedure for every update since 10.0.0, and it's working. Just wondering if it's still really necessary?

    I assume it's somehow related to the A/B system. But I know at least the TWRP and Keymaster zips specifically have both steps built in that call out each of the boot slots... OOS OTA has a step 1 and step 2 that I kind of assume is the same thing even though it doesn't specifically mention boot slots. I think Magisk may be the only one that doesn't install itself to both slots at once? Or at least doesn't seem to say that it's doing it.

    So could I get away with just one round of all of them, then reboot and reflash Magisk one more time, and then be done? Or do I still need to keep doing everything twice? It's not all that big of a deal, just takes awhile, so I'd like to reduce it a little if possible.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/havesomemorepie
    [link] [comments]

    OP6 android 10 update

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 07:30 AM PST

    Has anyone else not received this update yet? I heard it started rolling out quite a while ago but I've still not got an update

    submitted by /u/hamos1898
    [link] [comments]

    Camera Comp

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 06:03 PM PST

    Im thinking of switching over to the one plus 7pro and currently have iphone xr. Was wondering how big of a difference there is in camera quality as im completely sold on the software however selfie/portrait quality does matter to me and im just curious on anyone's experience

    submitted by /u/noeglv
    [link] [comments]

    *#801# not working in OnePlus 6 10.3.1

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 05:46 PM PST

    Even after installing engineering mode application when clicking serial port switch it crashes Qspt 2.7 mgc pdc tool doesn't recognize product path to enable volte How to fix this

    submitted by /u/hasithau92
    [link] [comments]

    OP6T - Lock screen only showing fingerprint scanner

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 05:40 PM PST

    Hi all,

    Recently updated the phone and when I tap my screen to see the time nothing displays apart from the fingerprint scanner anymore.

    I've gone into the settings to see if anything has changed but can't find anything. A little annoying as I use this whilst it's at the side of my bed to see the time and check notification icons - but now they're gone.

    Anyone else had/having this issue?

    submitted by /u/AmbPlays
    [link] [comments]

    Display died within 2 months of purchase

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 01:50 PM PST

    The display on my OnePlus 7 Pro died slowly over the course of a few days. It started with a few pixels stuck being purple, then a black line across the screen, then flashes of green below that line, and it finally became unusable after anything below the line was permanently green and everything above the black line was permanently black.

    I RMA'd the phone and OnePlus support has emailed me saying it's been repaired and I should get it by Monday. Just wondering, I haven't seen another example of this online, has anyone else experienced similar issues?

    Edit: Formatting

    submitted by /u/Goldenarrow57
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel